[Question] How to avoid shipping cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not completely avoid shipping costs, just lessen them.

I am trying to order this dress. I hink it would serve me nicely. The problem I'm running into is the fact that with shipping to Canada and the exchange rate the whole purchase will come to over 100.00. This is...insane to me. I haven't been able to find the dress in my size locally or with the Country. It has truly tested my patience.

So, my dear friends, how can I get this dress to me with out having to eat 100.00?

Dave

Staff member
Is it only available online? If it's available in a store, have someone buy it and send it to you. I mean, I sent a package to Canada and it cost (IIRC) about $20.
Added at: 08:16
Even better. Find someone in the US to buy it - shipping within US is $8. Then they can send it to you on the cheap. But that would take some trust on your part.

If time is not an issue I'm willing to do it for you. It looks like about 5 days to get to me for $64 to me, then another $15 to ship to you in canada, but for first class which may be 7-14 days. 7-10 days from me would be $25, and of course faster options increase shipping costs exponentially.

Also, you'd end up possibly dealing with customs fees, which I can't estimate.

The US/canada exchange rate is so close right now that it'd really only be $1-2 more for the dress and two shipping fees, so on the cheap it looks like $79[USD] or about $81[CAD] if you don't mind waiting 12-21 days, assuming I'm on the ball and get it re-shipped the day I receive it. Maybe add another two dollars for paypal processing fees, or whatever method you use to send me money.

I use an American mule for my U.S purchases. I bribe my mule with anime books.

This solution is cost efficient and improves USA/Canada relations by 7%.

I strongly suggest finding yourself an American mule of your own... but not mine. :mad:

C

Chibibar

I would do it. you can send it to us and we'll ship it to you if you want :)

PM me if you are interested (I live in Texas)

I'm flying to Toronto next week, but since I am currently in Bermuda, I wouldn't get it in time to smuggle it in to Canada.

I live 5 minutes from the border. There's a gas station across the line that will let you ship things to them for $3. As long as your name is on the box, and you present proper ID, they'll let you take it no questions asked. That doesn't really help you though, so this post is really more of a "nya nya nya" than anything. I apologize in advance.

Thanks for all the help guys!

I'd like to publicly thank Steinman! He's going to take time out of being awesome and raising his growing brood to send me the dress so that I may feel pretty come Christmas Day!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It takes time to drive six howling kids across the frozen canuckistan wasteland with a dogsled. Surely you didn't mean this year...
Of Coarse not. Here's a tip though: ditch the dogs for the sled. Have the kids pull it instead. It'll reduce the cost by a lot.

The intertubes have failed me. I'm not even finding images of kids pulling a dogsled, nevermind babies pulling a dogsled.

C

Chibibar

The intertubes have failed me. I'm not even finding images of kids pulling a dogsled, nevermind babies pulling a dogsled.
cause that would be child abuse sir. You gotta wait until they are at LEAST 12 (farm working age right? that is when I was working on the farm at 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.