How much Coke is too much Coke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, even with 4 patties, how do you manage 10000 calories in a burger? How fucking big are those patties? What kind of nonsense super saturated fat goo must be used everywhere else?
It's a 1.444kg burger with 2lbs of beef and what would appear to be 8 slices of bacon, sliced tomatoes, red onions, American cheese, and special sauce.

They coat the buns in lard before cooking them. I wouldn't get the 4 patty one but I'd try a double. I'm sure it tastes really good.

Dave

Staff member
Holy shit, even with 4 patties, how do you manage 10000 calories in a burger? How fucking big are those patties? What kind of nonsense super saturated fat goo must be used everywhere else?
For each patty you can put on 4 strips of bacon. Please note that these 20 strips of bacon are NOT drained of grease and are put on the burger while still dripping.

Eh, I've already got problems with arthritis. Having a few sodas a month isn't gonna make a difference.

Can I get my mom to give up the diet Dr Pepper? Not bloody likely.

Knee replacement is next week. Shoulders and other knee will eventually follow.

I haven't had pop since I was, like, 4 or 5 years old.

There's a story behind that. ("When is there not, LittleSin?")

Jet has only had pop maybe three itmes under my watch...unless his Dad or grandparents sneak it to him when I'm not looking!

fade

Staff member
I don't know why, but the word "pop" for soda rubs my ears the wrong way. Then again where I'm from it's no better. It's "coke", regardless of whether it's a coke, sprite, dr. pepper, etc.

I don't know why, but the word "pop" for soda rubs my ears the wrong way. Then again where I'm from it's no better. It's "coke", regardless of whether it's a coke, sprite, dr. pepper, etc.
If I'm out of my state and don't know what the locals call it, I use "soda pop" just in case. Everyone understands that.

I've been to places where people are honestly confused by "pop", though I don't know that anyone would ever be confused by soda.

But Michigan is pop country.

Coke is just wrong. If you ask for a coke here, you get a coca cola. But that applies to such a small portion of the US that its rarely an issue, and while soda pop sounds weird to them, they always understand it.

fade

Staff member
Coke is just wrong. If you ask for a coke here, you get a coca cola. But that applies to such a small portion of the US that its rarely an issue, and while soda pop sounds weird to them, they always understand it.
Yeah, but you would never order a generic coke any more than you'd order a generic pop. You'd ask for the specific brand if you wanted a specific brand. If you wanted anything, then actual coke was probably fine anyway.

Before I joined the army, I had soft drinks pretty much on a daily basis, maybe 500 to 1000 ml a day.

Then I headed off to boot camp, where only water was available for a month. And boy did we learn to love water, what with all the marching and drilling and running, all in tropical August weather.

And after boot camp, the first thing I did when I went on leave was to head to the first convenience store I saw and grab a Pepsi and a Snickers bar. And I couldn't finish either one of them. Both were far too sweet to me. It was a completely mind-boggling experience, because I used to pretty much inhale them.

And then after I left the army I went back to my old habits.

Yeah, but you would never order a generic coke any more than you'd order a generic pop. You'd ask for the specific brand if you wanted a specific brand. If you wanted anything, then actual coke was probably fine anyway.
What is a generic Coke? Coke is short for Coca-Cola. Now There's generic Colas (RC, Pepsi, etc.) but there's only one Coke.

fade

Staff member
What is a generic Coke? Coke is short for Coca-Cola. Now There's generic Colas (RC, Pepsi, etc.) but there's only one Coke.
Not in a huge chunk of the US, where "coke" is a generic term like "kleenex" or "lego". That post followed up on a discussion a few posts up.

I used to drink soda heavily as a kid. However as an adult I find myself limiting my intake. I drink one cup of coffee in the morning, one soda during lunch, and then the rest of the day I drink water, milk, or juice. Works out for me and starves off the headache.

I quite like the sound of soda but after a lifetime of calling it soft drink I don't think that i'm going to change.

Not that I can drink it now that i'm eating and drinking in a healthy fashion. Now it's all water, tea and coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.