How about a Halforums Game Night This Saturday? (May 23rd)

A bit sudden, but fuck it, I finally have a weekend day off. Not the whole weekend, mind you, but still.

Who'd be up for this and be able to make it, and what games would you like to play? Some possibilities are:

Heroes of the Storm: it's in open beta now, so -anyone- can play.

Hawken (fast-paced mech shooter): Ditto

Guns of Icarus Online: We've done this game before, and it was a lot of fun. They've updated it a ton, and it's on sale right now for under four bucks. Team-based captaining of steampunk battle zeppelins. Jay is the worst gunner.

Cards Against Humanity: Always a safe standby.

Or any other game you want to suggest.

GasBandit

Staff member
You can download it... it's free.
I also have never played it and would suck at it, and I've never really been particularly a fan of CCGs in the first place.

Maybe we should play CAH again, but this time with the understanding that every time a round ends, everybody but the person who won the round has to drink a shot.

I also have never played it and would suck at it, and I've never really been particularly a fan of CCGs in the first place.

Maybe we should play CAH again, but this time with the understanding that every time a round ends, everybody but the person who won the round has to drink a shot.
Heroes of the Storm is the MOBA. Hearthstone is the CCG. I didn't recommend Hearthstone because only two people at a time can play against each other, so it's not really good for group activities.

I think I work a mid on saturday so I'd be down for a bit. If we play HOTS I will either play Raynor because I'm too scared to take on a more important role or Muridan and play the build that everyone secretly loves but it's actually kinda bad so they act like they were the first to hate it. Oh or Tassadar because I need more practice on him since he's a real solid secondary support.

I think I work a mid on saturday so I'd be down for a bit. If we play HOTS I will either play Raynor because I'm too scared to take on a more important role or Muridan and play the build that everyone secretly loves but it's actually kinda bad so they act like they were the first to hate it. Oh or Tassadar because I need more practice on him since he's a real solid secondary support.
If we play HOTS, don't worry about being good. We can all play the trollest builds ever and laugh ourselves stupid all the way to our many inevitable losses.

I could, but the wife probably wants time with me since I'm off for the first time in forever - and we have stuff to do on Sunday (sister's annual picnic).

What kind of monster puts actual family before random people on the Internet that they have never even met.

I get off tomorrow at 7pm central time. I have to open sunday so I'll probably be going to bed around 10 or so.

So, everyone that's not struggling to get console games to work should hop in vent tonight, and we'll figure out what to do based on who can show up!

It's like that movie Three Men and a Baby except there isn't a baby and none of us are roommates and I don't have a dope-ass 'stache like Tom Selleck.

What I'm trying to say is that there are three of us on vent not talking to each other.

I did start thinking about joining, but when I saw how long it was going to take to download the whole thing over the hotel wifi (i.e., probably sometime Sunday) I had to decline.
...and the whole reason I'm not on Ventrilo is because my wife picked 7PDT/10EDT to be the time for her (usually 1-2hr) voice chat to tell me all about what's been going on in the last 48hrs.

--Patrick