Export thread

Hope and Change: How's that working out for you?

MisterSteve

MisterSteve

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I bet Obutthole still has plenty of supporters here to defend him.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm actually happy to see you again. Welcome back.

Dave

Dave

Well then. November goes out like a lion, I suppose.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't understand what this is referencing. It's like a post from 6 years ago (say, when Obama decided not to close gitmo) got thrown into the future to be posted at a point in time in which it seems irrelevant.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I don't understand what this is referencing. It's like a post from 6 years ago (say, when Obama decided not to close gitmo) got thrown into the future to be posted at a point in time in which it seems irrelevant.
When an old band goes on tour, no one wants to hear their new album. They want them to play the hits.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Tonight, on the Halforums Penny Theatre: The Terrifying Tale of Dr. CDS and MisterSteve!

Dave

Dave

CAGE MATCH!!

Covar

Covar

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

When an old band goes on tour, no one wants to hear their new album. They want them to play the hits.
I don't know. I mean it was their worst album, but I did look forward to seeing them backed by the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble

Tress

Tress

Obutthole
This is just lazy and unimaginative. I expect better of you. Something like "Obamination" or "Obamunist," you know, so it looks like you put some real thought into it.

MisterSteve

MisterSteve

Wait, nobody wants to defend Obutthole's amazing policies that saved the nation? I guess at this point, even an illiterate halfwit living under a rock on the moon has to admit that he was a complete and total failure. I mean, at least to themselves. Is that what is happening here? Can't admit it publicly, but privately, in your innermost thoughts, maybe you are thinking to yourself ''Wow, we elected a POTUS sooooo bad, soooooo repugnant, that he makes Donald trump look good by comparison.''

Donald. Trump.

That's how bad your guy was, so bad that an insane ball of cat hair that is 100% owned by the 1% Ruling Elite's Evil Globalist Bankers (Goldman Sachs, Illuminati, Rothschilds, CFR, whatever) is somehow a better choice. Yay. Awesome. That's great. Good job, Odummy.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

What YouTube comment page did you crawl out of?

Dave

Dave

I'd yawn at this but I'm too busy facepalming at the ineptitude of the attempt at trolling.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It's the chemtrails that make him type that way.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Is this poor soul our giant space octopus, à la Watchmen?

MindDetective

MindDetective

Wait, nobody wants to defend Obutthole's amazing policies that saved the nation? I guess at this point, even an illiterate halfwit living under a rock on the moon has to admit that he was a complete and total failure. I mean, at least to themselves. Is that what is happening here? Can't admit it publicly, but privately, in your innermost thoughts, maybe you are thinking to yourself ''Wow, we elected a POTUS sooooo bad, soooooo repugnant, that he makes Donald trump look good by comparison.''

Donald. Trump.

That's how bad your guy was, so bad that an insane ball of cat hair that is 100% owned by the 1% Ruling Elite's Evil Globalist Bankers (Goldman Sachs, Illuminati, Rothschilds, CFR, whatever) is somehow a better choice. Yay. Awesome. That's great. Good job, Odummy.
Oohhhh...is that what you were getting at? It is kind of hard to tell given your mediocre communication skills. To answer your question in the OP title: It worked out fine. I'm generally better off than I was before Obama's presidency, but that probably isn't due to anything he did or didn't do. He didn't hold me back either. It looks like America is still here, people still have their guns, and the economy is still slowly rebounding. I guess things aren't so terrible, on average.

BErt

*whispers* :guys, I think he thinks Trump literally beat Obama in the election:

Dave

Dave

*whispers* :guys, I think he thinks Trump literally beat Obama in the election:
Trump couldn't beat Obama in an octagon.

mikerc

mikerc

Bin Laden was killed under his watch.
Repealed DADT
Stimulated the car industry, creating 250,000 jobs.
Dodd-Frank Act.
New START Arms Control Treaty.
Paris Agreement (assuming Trump doesn't fuck it up).
Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
Limited the effect of the recession on the US (go ahead, compare what happened there in the US to what happened in Europe. You coped much better).
Gave FDA authority over tobacco (seriously, how was this not already a thing?)

Yeah, I know I'm not including Obamacare on this list. Not because I don't consider it an achievement, but because I know you won't & you'd probably just dismiss any list that included it, so I left it off.

Oh, and the electorate didn't decide Trump was a better choice than Obama - they decided he was better than Hillary Clinton. Not the same thing. If Obama was eligible for a 3rd term he would have destroyed Trump. When you say that Trump is better just because he replaced Obama you are effectively saying that every President is better than their predecessor - who would also have been better than their predecessor. By that logic every President is better than every President that came before them. So Nixon was a better President than Lincoln. And the worst President the US ever had was George Washington.:rolleyes:

bhamv3

bhamv3

When Washington was President, most American citizens didn't have access to electricity, running water, or Internet. All of these were nearly universally available during Obama's two terms. Clearly Obama is a better President than Washington.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

GasBandit

GasBandit

Necronic

Necronic

Donald. Trump.

Your confusing thesis has captured my attention. Tell me more.

Tress

Tress

Can we just skip to the part where MisterSteve uses a racial slur and we ban him?

Oh come on, you know he wants to.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Can we just skip to the part where MisterSteve uses a racial slur and we ban him?

Oh come on, you know he wants to.

Necronic

Necronic

Hey I like this guy, I do t want him banned. We don't really have our own lolcow.

MisterSteve

MisterSteve

Repealed DADT
Dodd-Frank Act.
Limited the effect of the recession on the US (go ahead, compare what happened there in the US to what happened in Europe. You coped much better).

Yeah, I know I'm not including Obamacare on this list. Not because I don't consider it an achievement, but because I know you won't & you'd probably just dismiss any list that included it, so I left it off.

Oh, and the electorate didn't decide Trump was a better choice than Obama - they decided he was better than Hillary Clinton. Not the same thing. If Obama was eligible for a 3rd term he would have destroyed Trump. When you say that Trump is better just because he replaced Obama you are effectively saying that every President is better than their predecessor - who would also have been better than their predecessor. By that logic every President is better than every President that came before them. So Nixon was a better President than Lincoln. And the worst President the US ever had was George Washington.:rolleyes:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! ! !

Oh, that is some good shit. So sweet, so so sweet. Yeah, I needed that, I really did.

Dave

Dave

Ah the rebuttal skills of a child. Gotta love it.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Makes You Know Who look like a poet laureate.
... Voldemort?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I was so confused why Ravenpoe started such a non-sequitur topic, but now I understand.

Frank

Frank

Ahh, it's Mr. Steve, literally the only person on this forum who's political views are less respected than CDS's.

mikerc

mikerc

Ah the rebuttal skills of a child. Gotta love it.
Hey now, that might not be a rebuttal. Maybe my super awesome debate skills convinced him & he was laughing at how wrong he was & the "I needed that" referred to him "really needing someone to show me how dumb I was being.":p

Zappit

Zappit

Boy, I remember MisterSteve as a pretty decent guy. Maybe I'm not remembering things right?

This MisterSteve seems like he's about to claim Sandy Hook caused 9/11.

mikerc

mikerc

Boy, I remember MisterSteve as a pretty decent guy. Maybe I'm not remembering things right?

I think he's pretty decent as long as you don't get him onto politics. And even if you do he's keeping it all to the politics subforum & for all the childish insults about Obama he isn't actually flaming anyone.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

That is a nice way to look at it.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Nah..he was always kind of a shithead.
https://www.halforums.com/threads/t...isoning-minorities.30713/page-49#post-1232285

https://www.halforums.com/threads/hahaha-slam-obama-we-will-lock-your-thread.23187/
(from 2010)

https://www.halforums.com/threads/making-it-personal.16349/
(From 2009)

BErt

I can only assume that Obama literally killed MisterSteve's parents with a blunt object. I do seem to remember him being ok before Obama was elected, but since then I can only recall him ever posting to badmouth Obama. whatever.

ZdATN4f.jpg

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Maybe he's actually John McCain

drifter

drifter

Maybe it's Maybelline.

papachronos

papachronos

Maybe he's actually John McCain
I like to think of him as this forum incarnation's Invader.

Mathias

Mathias

HAHAHAHA!!!!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Ah, I missed that caption. Classic.

Frank

Frank

OH SHIT STEVE, OBUMMER'S ABOUT TO SEIZE CONTROL OF THE COUNTRY FOREVER!

Fun Size

Fun Size

OH SHIT STEVE, OBUMMER'S ABOUT TO SEIZE CONTROL OF THE COUNTRY FOREVER!
About time. Dude's got less than two months to get around to taking everyone's guns.

JCM

JCM

Repealed DADT
Dodd-Frank Act.

Pretty much this.

And having lived in several countries with public healthcare, I'd add Obamacare too.[DOUBLEPOST=1481321710,1481321656][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ahh, it's Mr. Steve, literally the only person on this forum who's political views are less respected than CDS's.
Who is CD?

Dave

Dave

Charlie Don't Surf. SUPER SJW. Misunderstood genius.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Misunderstood genius.
EVERY SUPER HERO ORIGIN STORY, EVER. Very cookie-cutter.

Mathias

Mathias

Charlie Don't Surf. SUPER SJW. Misunderstood genius.
TIL Misunderstood genius is a synonym for neutered male.

Frank

Frank

OH FUCK. IT'S HAPPENING. THE END OF FREEDOM!

blotsfan

blotsfan

THE END OF FREEDOM!
About time.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Gosh dawrn barack HUSSEIN obama stealin' MAH freedom and impregnatin MAH daughters

blotsfan

blotsfan

Don't give up hope yet.

Eriol

Eriol

An honest retrospective both today, and probably 6 months down the road with what he promised initially versus what happened, in full knowledge of what barriers he did and didn't have (ie: sometimes the democrats had both the house and senate, and other times not) would be a good thing.

And I'll reiterate what I've been saying since before he was elected: Everybody has poured so much of their hopes and dreams into Obama, there's no way he'll live up to it, because Jesus Christ probably couldn't live up to that level of expectation, so he'll be remembered for failing an impossible standard.

Any other criticisms of things he actually said/did are fair to evaluate on their own merits (or lack thereof), but 10, 30, 50 years later, beyond being the first President who wasn't white (as a half-n-half, I've always thought it odd that he was considered "Full black" for this purpose, but that's not my main point today) will probably be the main thing he's remembered for, and the rest of the term will probably be remembered as "disappointing." Not worst ever, not a horrific start of race wars, or the beginning of the road to health care for all, or anything else good/bad depending on your side of the issue. It'll be nebulous disappointment that can't be fully defined, or fully refuted either, and this will apply to those who supported him at the time too.

That's my bottom line. I predict he'll be remembered as Disappointing. That's it.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I think he'll be remembered as a bright spot in a 20+ year period of awful.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I think he'll be remembered as a bright spot in a 20+ year period of awful.
He'll be the diamond in the goat's ass, between Bush Jr. and Trump.

GasBandit

GasBandit

He doubled the national debt (after Dubya had already dubbled it). Let's see if Trump can trimple it!

MindDetective

MindDetective

Fivethirtyeight.com predicts (with arguably weak metrics) that he'll land as 12th "best" president when all is said and done.

Covar

Covar

Fivethirtyeight.com predicts (with arguably weak metrics) that he'll land as 12th "best" president when all is said and done.
Where's that rank against 45th President, Hillary Clinton?

MindDetective

MindDetective

I don't have the ability to cross over to alternate timelines.

In all seriousness, I suspect you are making a veiled claim that Trump's election is an indictment of Obama's terms as president. Except Trump is the least favorable incoming president in history (less favorable than Obama's current ratings, I believe). Clinton (and, honestly, the Democratic party) is the one who lost the election. Obama won his terms. And his ratings have been increasing, not decreasing.

Covar

Covar

Nah it's a crack at fivethirtyeight's election predictions.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Nah it's a crack at fivethirtyeight's election predictions.
Oh, gotcha. Well, Trump was within the margin of error there. *shrug* On election day they were definitely less certain than elsewhere of the final outcome (even though still pretty wrong.)

Dave

Dave

Yeah, 538's credibility took a huge hit in the last election.

Dei

Dei

He doubled the national debt (after Dubya had already dubbled it). Let's see if Trump can trimple it!
Well, the debt is going to keep rising as long as there's a budget deficit, and we haven't had a new budget since 2006, remember? ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1484945747,1484945714][/DOUBLEPOST]
They didn't say Donald Trump had no chance to win, so...

MindDetective

MindDetective

I think they took a hit after the primaries, but they were nothing but cautious after they botched that. I don't think even Trump saw a win coming. That's what all the polling said everywhere.

blotsfan

blotsfan

They were the most trump-friendly election predictor of any real source.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I don't have the ability to cross over to alternate timelines.
Oh, that question must be for me.

I've made seventeen jumps today (and boy are my legs tired), and Hillary won in none of the 15 timelines that had a USA. In #16 Adolf Drumpf was appointed Chancellor of Nazi Amerika and #17 was ruled by cats.

Actually, that was the first timeline I jumped to today - one of the furry fuckers got playing with my controller, and like a kid in an elevator, pawed all the buttons.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You're gonna own what's going on right now, Steve. So fuck you. Just fuck you.

Zappit

Zappit

How's that fascism going?

Frank

Frank

Oh shit.

blotsfan

blotsfan

That'd be nice.

Dave

Dave

When you're fucking everything up so badly that you have no more conspiracy theories about the last administration and have to just make shit up.

PatrThom

PatrThom

THANKS AGAIN, OBAMA

--Patrick

bhamv3

bhamv3

I feel like someone heard about the Shadow Cabinet that exists in countries like the UK, and managed to misinterpret the name entirely.

Mathias

Mathias

I'm pretty sure Obama's windsurfing and living it up. I wish he was setting up a shadow government to counter Trump's stupidity, but the dude would rather windsurf. Thanks, Obama.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Maybe he's just training, so he can challenge Trump to a shadow game... ON WIND MOTORCYCLES!!!!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm pretty sure Obama's windsurfing and living it up. I wish he was setting up a shadow government to counter Trump's stupidity, but the dude would rather windsurf. Thanks, Obama.

Every picture like this if Obama is like when you see pictures of your ex on Facebook and you can't stand how happy they look.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Still have hope, but running low on change. Did not have that on my coronavirus consequence bingo card at all.

—Patrick

Tress

Tress

Oh boy, this didn’t age well. Not that you are somehow wrong, just that we had no idea how bad the economy would get under Trump.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh boy, this didn’t age well. Not that you are somehow wrong, just that we had no idea how bad the economy would get under Trump.
I mean... he hasn't tripled it (yet)... but he's certainly not bucking the trend.

1596911373120.png

Frank

Frank

Jesus, remember what a dumb fuckhead Mr. Steve was?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Irony would be if @MisterSteve died from COVID-19.