HF Secret Santa 2014: Better Late Than Never Edition

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Celt Z Well. I just got a notification about your gift telling me it won't be there for Christmas. In fact, it will not get there until between jan 8th and the 26th!

Stupid amazon.

Pewter pirate skull shot glass. So cool :) Thank you secret santa! I don't know who you are because there was literally nothing in the package but the shot glass--so you don't gotta worry about me seeing the prices :p

It was me! I did email and ask if they could leave the invoice out of the package, but they never replied so I wasn't sure. :)

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Ravenpoe, your gift should be winging it's way to you presently! Site says "2-6 business days." We'll see how close it gets to that...

Strange. I didn't get a notification from Amazon that I was getting a package today. What could this be?

Woohoo! These will both be put to very good use. I haven't gotten the Prince of Egypt because it's on Netflix, but I wanted it because Netflix doesn't have the 5.1 surround sound, but this disc does, and as far as I'm concerned the animation is gorgeous, but the sound and music really make the movie, so I'm really looking forward to watching it.

Guardians of the Galaxy is going to get a lot of play time here as well, I haven't seen it since the theater, and it bears repeating. Going to have to break out the 3D glasses for this one.

Thanks, @jwhouk!

I'm glad you're excited about them - and feeling better! :)

I'm also glad the Amazon elves managed to get it there before next week, too!

Giant box when I didn't order anything? (Pop vinyl Elsa for scale)
Luggage? But I just took my last big trip for a while :(
But Sharks!
Thanks @blotsfan! I'll find a use for it, perhaps I can put it to use as home storage.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Came home from a long day at work and getting over mild food poisoning. There were packages at my door and then after shuffling through them I saw it! It was ruldolph! No moose but a fantastic reindeer delivered my package! It's epic, got some hobbits, salt water taffy and a New Jersey magnet to add to my collection! That's CeltZ for the awesome Xmas gift!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Dei

...cking says your stuff was delivered on Saturday. I hope everything got there ok.

I got a package/shirt yesterday (which may have been from saturday cause we suck at checking mail on the weekends), and a package from amazon last week, are these both secret santa? I

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Yep that's it :) just wanted to make sure they both got there since I had to track separately.

Dave

Staff member
Oooh! Dave has a package!

It's a tube! I've always wanted a tube! But I bet there's something in it. The cat is sure interested.
2014-12-16 13.12.25.jpg
Damn. It's stapled shut.
2014-12-16 13.20.05.jpg
But I have the tools and the talent! Well, the tools, anyway.
2014-12-16 13.20.19.jpg
So what could it be? Something rolled up tightly in brown paper. Hmmm.
2014-12-16 13.15.01.jpg
Holy shit! A Durr poster!
2014-12-16 13.16.05.jpg
What you don't see very easily is that this picture is made up of Halforums avatars! I tried to take a better close-up picture, but it was always too blurry to see.

Whomever my Secret Santa is, this was excellent! Now I just gotta find a place to put it up. The thing is HUGE!! Millions of thanks!

View attachment 16925 View attachment 16926 View attachment 16927 Came home from a long day at work and getting over mild food poisoning. There were packages at my door and then after shuffling through them I saw it! It was ruldolph! No moose but a fantastic reindeer delivered my package! It's epic, got some hobbits, salt water taffy and a New Jersey magnet to add to my collection! That's CeltZ for the awesome Xmas gift!!!View attachment 16922View attachment 16924
You're very welcome! I had to keep swatting Mr. Z away from your taffy. That man is a salt-water taffy Gollum.
index.jpg

1418766861101-657679113.jpg

I am not going to make a crazy reveal-y post this time, but thank you Santa BErt, I love it and my daughter has already tried to convince me to give her the shirt even though it is much too big for her. ;)

B

BErt

Great! I love TeeTurtle, but their gifting options are nonexistent which is why I was concerned. Glad you like it :)

Part one of Secret Santa gift came today... not sure if I want to reveal all at once (which will give me time to assemble part one) or put what I got today up.

So I came home to find a package waiting for me!!

What's inside?

Thank you @klew!

First up is a LEGO minifigure!

A Weeping Angel (I was afraid to look away for awhile)

A pound sign/hash tag

A melting snowman!

A wrapped package! What could be in it?!

A 3D virtual helmet!

Thank you so much Klew this is beyond awesome!! :D

Doot dee doot dee doo, sorting through today's mail...

...what's this? Amazon? I know I'm waiting for a few things from them, but this doesn't feel right, and I thought they weren't supposed to get here till later. Ooo! "Gift inside"! That means it should be my Halforums pressie!

There's a note!

It's a book!

Wheee! This is freaking awesome. I watched every episode of this show when it first aired (back before PVRs and when TLC actually, you know, taught you things), and I have the second series on VHS, which Eriol digitized for me for Christmas a few years ago. And I don't think I ever mentioned any of that on here, and if so it was a loooong time ago, so well done Santa (who I'm thinking is @PatrThom)! I will read this, and I'm really really looking forward to it.

If this were all, you would have outdone yourself. That there is more on the way is stunning. Thank you so much!

Tuesday came. Wife said there was a box sitting next to the door. Amazon Prime? Oh wait, that must mean...

A Packers End Zone Set!

Oh, what's this? 'Merry Xmas from your Secret Santa! By the way, another package is coming too! - @Tress"

Major cool! Thanks, Tress!

Attachments

I don't think I ever mentioned any of that on here, and if so it was a loooong time ago, so well done Santa (who I'm thinking is @PatrThom)! I will read this, and I'm really really looking forward to it.
Guilty as charged, and no, you did not mention it, 'cuz I checked (at least, as well as the forum search and Google site search could determine, anyway). You did describe yourself as a lifelong learner, and I could think of no better match for that sort of person.
Kati has a copy of the book, and I believe it is positioned as a companion volume to the TV series, but I've had plenty of entertainment just randomly wandering through its pages.
If this were all, you would have outdone yourself. That there is more on the way is stunning. Thank you so much!
I'll go through the entire rationale once they're all there, but let's hope. I considered surreptitiously asking Wilma or Taylor for help, but wasn't really sure how they'd handle an out-of-the-blue request from a random stranger asking for gift hints. :)

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
*whew* The tracking said you got it days ago. I was thinking maybe you hated it or something! What's funny is the shipping cost more than the gift!!

So glad you like it!