HF Secret Santa 2012: SEND GIFT (Deadline: December 7th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
O_C, there's one more item still in the mail.... Glad everyone likes the RCMP beaver! Since you had mentioned your appreciation for the red serge some time ago, and I knew you had kids, it seemed fitting.

I'm going to do the same thing!

Oh Bubble181, paging Mr. Bubble181.
Going through your posting history hasn't help as much as I'd hoped. Would you like to share some of your interests with this humble Secret Santa?
Yeah, sorry, I've been absent here for a while, and haven't been sharing much :-P

But actually, I don't know very well myself. Only participated once, and though I don't remember who sent it, I liked the gift - and it surprised me, as it wasn't something I'd have thought of myself.
Still. Erm, I like to read, mostly fantasy and science fiction-y things. I read in English by preference. My favourite authors are probably Heinlein and Pratchett, but I own everything Heinlein wrote and most of Pratchett's. I'm still missing some of the "extra" books (the cookbook, the kid's book, that sort of thing) based off of Discworld, though.
I like good TV shows, but I tend to buy box sets with full series, and those usually fall outside of the price range. Still, if there's a relatively short series with a box in the limit, I'm always interested in exploring new things to like. I liked Deadwood, Band of Brothers, Rome, Babylon 5, the West Wing... I dunno.
Also, I like owls, but you might've guessed :-P

Lastly, Dave, I didn't get an alert for being paged in this thread. I don't know if it was because I simply didn't visit too long or something? Just thoughht I'd mention it.

Dave

Staff member
I sent mine today to my recipient. It was tough because I don't know them that well. Thankfully, I had a spy to ask questions...

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

KCWM

If someone were possibly considering Warhammer 40k stuff for you... what does your current army need?

Tagging her (name) will give her an alert. You've done your part to get her attention.
I think people are worried about this:

If you haven't been in a thread for a period of time it stops sending you updates.
But I suspect that warning is just about email updates.

If you tag someone in a post they will always get a forum alert next time they get on, regardless of how long it's been since they've visited that forum, or thread, or if they've never visited the thread, right?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

This is the second time, and you've said yourself that if you don't visit a thread for awhile you won't get alerts like this.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Just to let [user]Sparhaw[/user]know.

Your gifts estimated arrival is for this Friday but given that Thanksgiving is this Thursday it may arrive a day or two afterwards.

Here is the FedEx tracking # 9102931502928172974311 so you can keep an eye on it.

Dave

Staff member
If you send an alert it gives it to them, as in tagging. It's only for watched threads that the alerts stop.

Well thanks to this thread and anonymous posting, I now ave a list of people who are NOT shipping me something. :)

Dave

Staff member
Some of us never specified anything or even a gender of who their person is. So nyah nyah nyah.

One of the reasons I think Anon posting is useless.
This thread has proven it has A use. Singular. I can't think of another. Anyone who's pulled a moderator has ways around it too, that we've used for the years of Secret Santa previously. Stienman PMed me to post my list on someone's behalf already.

This thread has proven it has A use. Singular. I can't think of another. Anyone who's pulled a moderator has ways around it too, that we've used for the years of Secret Santa previously. Stienman PMed me to post my list on someone's behalf already.
Singular, correct. I will concede that. Otherwise, pointless. The only one who should have access to see what someone says anonymously should be Dave IMO

KCWM

If someone were possibly considering Warhammer 40k stuff for you... what does your current army need?
That's a fair question. Most of the models are pretty expensive...at least for the typical budget of this thing.

I'd really like a Maulerfiend/Forgefiend box, but that's pretty pricey. Otherwise, I can always use more paint for painting up vehicles, buildings, etc. I can do up a list of colors that I'd like. I'll look into what my needs are in both areas and post here tomorrow night.

I'm not abusing anything, and it's not exactly a peek. Every anonymous post for us begins with

"This was posted anymously by: <username>:"
Well in -that- case, I hope Dave gets socks! :p

Or maybe whoever made Xenforo, but Dave is closer, and probably needs socks.

Far oh Far, what could you possibly enjoy for Christmas?
I was going to write out a large post detailing my interests, however, I think this does a better job at giving both a cross section of my likes and interests, as well as what I already have. This is by no means complete but for getting the ball rolling it should certainly work.

Apologies in advance to those with OCD...
20121120_055146.jpg

Also, I've been enjoying League of Legends lately...

My Steam games

I'm not good at picking things out for myself but I'm sure whatever I end up with I'll be more than happy with. Sorry for the delayed response. I hadn't got a notification that I'd been summoned.

Oh my god. My husband would start having ticks if he saw that game shelf. At least you have it done by console.

..except for the district 9 bluray just sitting amongst the ps3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.