Export thread

HF Secret Santa 2011 - Send Gift (Deadline December 9th)

strawman

strawman

Previous years were crazy fun: 2010 Secret Santa, 2009 Secret Santa

IF YOU PARTICIPATE YOU MUST OCCASIONALLY CHECK THIS THREAD, PARTICULARLY THIS POST, FOR UPDATES.

Current phase: Send gift
Current phase ends: December 9th

Next phase: Post images of gift you've received, deadline January 13th

Current Participants:
Tress
Hylian
makare
Jay
North_Ranger
Wahad
Officer_Charon
Phil
Cajungal
Gusto
Espy
Emrys
LittleSin
Sparhawk
Dirona
Gryfter
BananaHands
Dave
chibibar
Made Ya Blush
Bumble the Boy Wonder
gargoyle_eva
BErt
Piotyr
figmentPez
Terrik
PatrThom

What is it?
Just what it sounds like. It's a Secret Santa between your fellow halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in your signature or a post to this thread as to what sort of interests you have.

Rules and Info
  • International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate so when you sign up. It may be the case that if you restrict your choice to local shipping then matching might not work out and you may be left out - I'll let you know once the matching is complete if that's the case.
    -International Shipping Links: USPS, Customs Forms
    -Tips for shipping in and out of Canada
    -Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country
  • To sign up post your interest in this thread and fill out this form:
    http://semiaxis.com/hf/
  • Who can sign up?
    To keep things fair, only those with a join date earlier than April 15 and more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate for obvious reasons. If you would like to participate and don't fall under the requirements then you will just have to wait until next year. The final say of who can join this activity will be entirely up to Dave so there may be exceptions, but the final word is final. Don't complain if special dispensation is not made for you. This goes for those who may be disincluded as well.
  • The deadline for signing up will be Friday November 11th. After that day, Santas will be randomly assigned by computer. You will be sent an email shortly after with the information of whom you will be drawing a gift for. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. Nothing personal.
  • Recommended gift value is $5-20. Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food please).
  • ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS SENT IS JANUARY 13! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY JANUARY 13 WILL BE SUSPENDED BY THEIR BIG TOES AND LEFT TO DRY OUT IN THE COLD, DRY MICHIGAN WINTER. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not sure you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.
  • Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.
  • You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.
  • UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW OR ALCOHOLIC GIFTS. Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol, so when on doubt, choose another gift.
  • CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?
    Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping. Be sure and provide a note upon checkout saying who you are, though!
  • BE SURE AND SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE
    Get your act together NOW and ship your stuff by Dec 9th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.
Privacy Policy:
I've already destroyed all information collected for the previous two secret santas, and this year will be no exception. Your information will only be used for the purposes of assigning you a secret santa who is the only person who will receive your provided information in order to send you a gift. At the conclusion of this secret santa event, usually in January, all my own records concerning the secret santa will be destroyed.

Hylian

Hylian

Count me in! :D

Terrik

Terrik

Holy shit, it's that time already? I've always enjoyed this.
Added at: 03:26
Nice form, btw.

makare

I think I'll try it this year. So make sure to really write what you like lol. I am a lousy gift picker if I don't have a clear idea of what people like.

Tress

Tress

All signed up. Should be fun!
Added at: 11:33
I think I'll try it this year. So make sure to really write what you like lol. I am a lousy gift picker if I don't have a clear idea of what people like.
I know how you feel. I thought we did well last year when people shared a little bit about things they like and don't like. We managed to keep it from being greedy or obnoxious (I want _____! I don't want anything else!).

makare

I felt dorky having to talk about my allergies.
*snort*

Jay

Jay

I'm in!

I signed up, just pressed enter, got a blank page. Can you confirm you got my entry please?

Thanks.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Maybe I'll sign up this year, would be fun to imagine the expression on someone from here's face as they receive a box in the mail addressed from me....

I have 3 "dummy" post boxes I could use to receive a gift, so no worries there....

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Signed up and ready to go gift-shopping... or if I'm bed-ridden, to delegate gift-shopping to a person of suitably geeky persuasion :p

Wahad

Wahad

Just signed up. Let's get to it.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Just signed up! Last year was fun, so let's see how THIS year goes.... hopefully WITHOUT the international shipping nightmares...

makare

I hope Office Charon gets me.... he knows what I want ^_^

phil

phil

I'd sign up twice if I could!

Cajungal

Cajungal

YES! So excited. :D
Added at: 15:34
Great form, Steiny. Thank you for organizing this. :)

Gusto

Gusto

Awwwwww yeaaaaaaah.

PS. I may have signed up twice after I thought the form broke.

strawman

strawman

If you don't appear in the list in the first post, sign up again.

If you want to update anything you submitted, just submit again and I'll delete your previous entry.

I'll update the list infrequently, so don't get anxious if you sign up and don't see your name up there instantly.

Jay

Jay

Btw thanks for setting this up balloon man.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Seconding this.... appreciate the efforts here, Steinyman!

Espy

Espy

Lets make this the most radical christmas ever.

Emrys

Emrys

I'm in.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Signed up and EXCITED.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Done. Had fun over the last two years.

Dirona

Dirona

One of these years I will post more than lurk and actually sign up, but I think my continued lack o' posts makes me ineligable to join in the festivites. I do enjoy watching how this unfolds each year though.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

What do post counts have to do with participation? :confused:

phil

phil

I think he wants to make sure that it's people we know and who will probably not screw over their recipient.

I'd trust someone who signed up for the forums specifically for this way less than say, North Ranger.

strawman

strawman

One of these years I will post more than lurk and actually sign up, but I think my continued lack o' posts makes me ineligable to join in the festivites. I do enjoy watching how this unfolds each year though.
You are welcome to join. Anyone can see from your profile that you've been around long enough and participated enough to participate.

Dirona

Dirona

You are welcome to join. Anyone can see from your profile that you've been around long enough and participated enough to participate.

Yay! I'm one of the cool kids! And, ya, I've been lurking since before the move here; but never so much with the posting. In that case, off to the form!

Espy

Espy

I went ahead and stickied the thread to give it top place.

Presents are important.:)

Dave

Dave

Sign me up. I'll make it work this year!

phil

phil

I hope I get Dave.

Imma get him the biggest box of dildos he EVER did see!

Dave

Dave

I've seen some pretty big boxes of dildos in my day.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I want Dave, I can get him Genie Bras for his flappy hooties.

makare

Oh Id present dave alright...

Gryfter

Gryfter

Ok, I'm in. Bring on the loot! :p

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh you suckers wait until next year. :tina:

strawman

strawman

Oh you suckers wait until next year. :tina:
Why not sign up for this year? You are eligible.

Dave

Dave

I just now realized you have to go to http://semiaxis.com/hf/ to sign up! Don't miss out like I nearly did!

Chibibar

I just sign up, but not sure if I got in (cause when I hit submit, I just get a blank screen)

Jay

Jay

I had the same thing.

A popup would be appreciated. A popup that goes HERP DERP would be awesome.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I think if you scroll up on that page it shows something. I thought I had a blank page too.

strawman

strawman

I see the problem with the form. Google is dumb, at least in this regard.

The list in the first post is up to date, so if your name doesn't appear there and you want to participate, please fill the form out again. As far as I can tell, though, nothing was lost.

The form is fixed so that when you do submit it's very obvious that the submission went through, rather than the blank grey area that was previously displayed.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Awesome

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Signed up. Now I will have to put together a helpful little list of things I like to help my secret santa when the time comes.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

I'm on the list! :)

Anyways, who ever I get better have a list of interests etc. Can't wait to go shopping!

BErt

I will definitely do this again. So fun last year!

strawman

strawman

November 11th is right around the corner folks! Sign up, sign up!

Gusto

Gusto

Not near enough around the corner for me! WHO IS MY PERSON. I WANT TO BUY A THING.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I think I can make this work now. I'm in.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Not near enough around the corner for me! WHO IS MY PERSON. I WANT TO BUY A THING.
Seconding this SO HARD.

Gusto

Gusto

Seconding this SO HARD.

Jay

Jay

List will be provided the weekend AFTER Skyrim is released? Isssssh.

strawman

strawman

One week left! Sign up now! There are currently 24 awesome participants, and you will be disappointed when you see the awesome gifts these forumites send if you aren't among them!

Don't be like this kitten:

Jay

Jay

Please sign up so that I can send you... a present.

uFCzA.gif

phil

phil

Oh god, I kind of do and kind of really don't want jay to get me.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Please sign up so that I can send you... a present.

View attachment 3297
Will it be your Woody?

A Woody in a box?

strawman

strawman

Espy

Espy

You know I forgot to mention in my online thing, but homemade stuff is awesome as well. If people want to CREATE! rather than buy thats super cool. :)

Piotyr

Piotyr

I didn't mention any specifics in my online thing, but that's because I'm not really picky and like surprises. The only thing that might be nice is to know whether the thing I get would be safe to open in front of my kid.

Espy

Espy

I didn't mention any specifics in my online thing, but that's because I'm not really picky and like surprises. The only thing that might be nice is to know whether the thing I get would be safe to open in front of my kid.
If you get a creepy woody in a box I would NOT open it in front of your kid. Or leave it in the house with your kid.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Man... I didn't leave ANY requests for stuff on mine... I was kinda waiting until we all got our giftees before putting out a "list"

Gusto

Gusto

That's what we've done in the past and I hope to continue.

strawman

strawman

Generally once the lists go out, people start posting messages to this thread, or adding things to their signatures that give clues for things they'd be interested in. You didn't need to add it to the form, although that's an option for those that wanted to do it that way.

drifter

drifter

strawman

strawman

Note to self: Put a hole in the box.

Espy

Espy

Note to self: Put a hole in the box.
Thats step one!

LittleSin

LittleSin

xreepyw.jpg

I just want to bring things full circle.

Jay

Jay

301f99591e7400851dad5fa6d54116f8-d3hasm3.jpg

It will... taste special.

strawman

strawman

Mere days left to join! If your name is not on the list and you've tried to sign up, PM me! I've had a few reports that the form hasn't gone through for some - check the list!

figmentPez

figmentPez

Okay, I'm in. Previous years I've looked on in envy, but this I'm brave enough to try. I will not let my procrastination get the better of me, I will find an awesome gift and send it on time!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

As always, I can't wait to see what I get! I love the knick-knacks I got from Detroit, and I already filled my sketchbook up.. Time for a refill!

Still looking forward to getting something homemade sometime :)

Espy

Espy

I really do like homemade things. I mean, it can be simple you know? Like filling out a check. Just showing the that you spent those few moments making it out to C.A.S.H. mean the world.

strawman

strawman

LAST DAY! If you want in on the awesome that is the Halforum's Secret Santa, sign up now! Don't put it off any more!

Gusto

Gusto

Aw man I was hoping to get my person today.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm in. We'll see what happens.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

I know you're all going crazy waiting for your assignments. I'll deliver them by Monday evening (eastern time for you nitpickers). Sorry to make you wait, but thems the breaks this year.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Just got my giftee. Shit just got real. *pondering look*

makare

I'm excited. I got someone I am pretty fond of so it should be extra fun. Yes I am that shallow. ;)

strawman

strawman

I'm sending out assignments over the next few hours. I'm using the forum "conversation" (ie, PM) system for assignments, so if you don't have something in your inbox by tomorrow morning, please notify me.

The thread is now yours to give hints to your secret santa.

Tress

Tress

I have my giftee as well. While I already have an idea I would appreciate hints. So, person who shall remain nameless, you need to post something that tells me what you want. Get to it!

makare

I have a question are we supposed to reveal who we are when we send our gift or after they post it on here? Are they supposed to guess or what? I didnt do this last year.

Tress

Tress

If I remember correctly, you should identify yourself with a note or tag when you send the gift. You could use your real name if you really want as well, but the forum name is the only important part since it's how people will identify you.

strawman

strawman

I have a question are we supposed to reveal who we are when we send our gift or after they post it on here? Are they supposed to guess or what? I didnt do this last year.
You, as the secret santa, get to decide. In the past most people let their recipient know who sent it in or one the package, but a few keep it a secret each year.

We're not setting a rule for it, though. Do as you please - or whatever you think your recipient will most enjoy.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Got mine! ...I have no clue what to do.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Oh boy! Guys..I'm laughing here at who I got. I would say more but it just gives the whole game away if I say anything more. I am busting at the seams.

Wahad

Wahad

Oh boy! Guys..I'm laughing here at who I got. I would say more but it just gives the whole game away if I say anything more. I am busting at the seams.
I hear you there. Fortunately, it seems this Santa thing is easier than I first thought. Let's get this show on the road folks!

Terrik

Terrik

Was this sent via email? PM? I didnt get anything yet

Tress

Tress

I'm sending out assignments over the next few hours. I'm using the forum "conversation" (ie, PM) system for assignments, so if you don't have something in your inbox by tomorrow morning, please notify me.

makare

I found a gift... I think ill send it through amazon because im a cheapass... but it is put in my checkout basket with looove.

Cajungal

Cajungal

WHAT DO YOU WANT, PERSON?!

<----agonizes over shopping

Jay

Jay

Who the hell is this fluffer that I got?

Tress

Tress

Okay, it's not hard people. I'll go first: I love reading and I love local foods/drinks/trinkets/whatever is unique to an area. Having said that, I'm not picky and would enjoy anything someone sends me.

Now it's your turn.

makare

I tried to put different kinds of stuff down. I do hate it when people say they don't care. *SHAKES HER FIST AT THOSE PEOPLE*

For me I have no problem with adult stuff, I have my own place now so decorative stuff or housewares are more than welcome, I like cute stuff, bento stuff, frogs... and in the end like everyone else I will just be happy with what I get.

Unless it is a gift card. Then Ill be sad :(

BananaHands

BananaHands

My turn: I would have to say the same with local trinkets/mugs/shot glasses/foods/drinks. Anything local really. And yeah, honestly, you could send me a gag gift or anything silly if you wanted.

Oh, or a Red Ryder BB Gun.

Hylian

Hylian

I have no idea what to get the person I have.......TIME TO STALK ALL THERE POSTS!

and for whoever happens to get me if you want any suggestions (since I didn't put any on the form since I thought we were doing it the way we did last year) here area few things I enjoy

Anime DVD's
Manga
Video Games (pretty much for any system)
Geeky stuff

Amazon Wishlist if you care to see that as well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/28FOB42MQTZI3

And to be honest I am not hard to please so probably anything you can think of would be great :)

LittleSin

LittleSin

Alright. Let me give a small list:

-Lovecraftian Mythos type things. Jewlery with this theme ( as rare as it is) tickles me but anything will make me pretty gleeful.
- Nerd stuff, especially if it's DC comic based.
- Hand crafted, home made stuff makes me happy.
-Cooking/Baking gadgets, books, and oddities are always welcome.
- Art supplies will never go astray. I'm not picky. I'll find a use for even the cheapest of materials.
- DVDs. I'll watch anything so you'll be pretty good no matter what.
- I'm a huge Star Trek: TNG and DS9 fan. I don't know if that's helpful at all.

Oh, I guess I can give you my Amazon Wish list as well.

Gusto

Gusto

Anyone who REEEEEALLY loves me could get me a Mass Effect hoodie* or some Penny Arcade: The Series DVDs, season one or two. I'm also a collector of novelty shotglasses, especially if they're branded with a location I haven't collected yet (hint: basically everywhere).

Other than that I love me some nerdy shit, generally, and a lot of people know my webcomic preferences if you want to order my books or T-shirts*.

I've very much enjoyed the gifts I've got in the past years, including and Achewood shirt and stickers from HowDroll and The Machine of Death from DarkAngel, both of whom are no longer with us. To my Secret Santa - you'll probably no longer be on the forum in three months. You will be missed.

*If you want to get me clothing I take a men's medium if it's short-sleeved or a men's large long-sleeved.

strawman

strawman

Everyone has been notified. Please PM me if you haven't received your assignment.

Text in image reads: I made a list, I checked it twice, now it's YOUR turn to send something naughty (or nice)

Dirona

Dirona

I need to start stalking my person's posts... Person, what do you want?!

(Whoever got me, I tried to give ideas, which can of course be completely ignored should you choose.)

Also, I have a question - if I got person A, did they get me? Or is more random than that? I can't remember from previous years.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Holy balls I'm excited.

Wants:
Homemade artwork/crafts/mittens.
Art Supplies
A Nintendo 64
An autographed picture of you, addressed to "My biggest fan"

strawman

strawman

Also, I have a question - if I got person A, did they get me?
Nope. It's random, and this year it forms one large loop that includes everyone. A gets B who gets C who gets D who gets E etc all the way through all 27 people, then back to A again. I use excel to randomly assign people using rules that tell me if a particular iteration meets everyone's requirements (mostly shipping restrictions, and also rules about not being assigned to themselves, etc). I simply run the random assignment repeatedly until everyone's restrictions are met.

Also, to the person who put a soul on their wishlist (I forget who, but you know who you are), Shego didn't join this year, so you might want to post a message in this thread with other suggestions for your present.

strawman

strawman

Oh, I guess I can give you my Amazon Wish list as well.
Your wishlist link doesn't work. It looks like it's not a public wishlist, or that URL only works for you when you're signed into your account.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

For me, I'm partial to most anything, although local whatnots are cool (especially if you're international! ). I'm a fairly big patch collector, and since getting into this gig, I've gotten into law enforcement agency patches.

Aside from that, historical books (especially aviation, with a WWI/WWII flavor), shirts (I wear XL, or whatever will fit a 44-in/111.8 cm chest, or a 17.5in/44.5cm neck). Cop stuff is, like last year, always appreciated. Humor is a good thing... just no NSFW stuff, please... my wife's a touch conservative... Alcohol is encouraged. *grins*

LittleSin

LittleSin

strawman

strawman

Much better! The inclusion of the muppets makes this a grade-A wishlist.

Jay

Jay

Yeah, it works for me as well.... Mrs. Holly Lawrence!

*scribbles in his Jay Interview Note Book*

LittleSin

LittleSin

It's Actually Holly-Elizabeth Lawrence.:p Hence Why I sign my stuff HEL.

I'm just mighty lazy and I find that being called 'Holly-Elizabeth' makes me sound like a country bumpkin.

Jay

Jay

Oy! Git off mah land boay!

?

But with a Maritime accent?

LittleSin

LittleSin

Exactly. :p

Gusto

Gusto

Ge' offa ma parch, by.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Ge' offa ma parch, by.
Like this. Except it would be "Me parch, b'y!" ...and then we'd send you away with Purity biscuits.

makare

LOL and I thought it made you sound super classy. XD

One of my friend's name is Antoinette and her last name is long AND hyphenated. It sounds so posh and hoity toity.

Everyone calls her toni. lol

Piotyr

Piotyr

I have to ponder what to get and quickly send it. This year I'll put my handle on the gift, because last year I don't think my recipient even knew I was the one who sent him something.

As for me, I'm not picky, just let me know in the note if it'd be safe to open in front of my child. I like creativity, and I like being surprised.

strawman

strawman

I like being surprised.

Piotyr

Piotyr

As long as there's a note saying it's not safe to open in front of my child...

Jay

Jay

That reminds me of this :

abraham-lincoln-yelp-review-assassination-ford-theatre.jpg

figmentPez

figmentPez

The thread is now yours to give hints to your secret santa.
C'mon! I made a whole thread with a big hint as to my tastes. Oh well, I'll give some broader strokes:

I rarely buy decorative stuff for myself, but I don't feel like I have nearly enough geeky trinkets. (Which reminds me, my mom got me an awesome wire sculpture when on a business trip with my dad, I need to post pics when I'm feeling better. It's this alien bug-warrior looking thing, and it's awesome.)

I have a Steam wishlist, but I'm already feeling guilty about my unplayed "list of shame" so getting me more games should be crossed of the idea list.

I love the Discworld novels, but so far I've mostly gotten them from the library, and I'm not up-to-date in my reading. Last I read was Making Money, and I only own the 3 or 4 that I couldn't find in the library system.

I enjoy comic books, but I haven't read much of anything in years. Green Lantern and the Flash are my favorite heroes, but I hardly have any trades featuring them.

I look forward to this time of year for listening to Christmas music, but I rarely seem to buy any Christmas albums. Go figure.

makare

Yay figmentPez likes Christmas music! makare likes figmentPez!

Emrys

Emrys

I'll make it really easy for my secret Santa.

Here is my Amazon.com wishlist.

Or make a donation in my name to help preserve the black-footed ferret.

BErt

Woo, Christmas!

I guess my list would look similar to last year. As others have said, anything local would be cool, especially if it can be displayed on my (slightly less) empty mantle. Honestly, if you'd rather make something I have no problem with that, I love home-made stuff. I've been on a Batman kick lately, and realized I don't have many trades (I have Killing Joke, DK2, The Long Halloween, and Cacophony). I don't mind adult things, and I am a fan of alcohol so no worries there. I like gadgets in general, or multifunctional items...and I like Dachshunds, I guess.

I hope that's good enough to generate some ideas, really I just like to be surprised.

Tress

Tress

All the cool kids are posting their Amazon wishlists. I think I'll join in.

makare

I'd have to edit mine.. and I don't want to. Sorry gift giver I have faith in your gift giving abilities.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Gah, I got a tricky one. Dammit.

Ok, for me,
If I got one of our creative forumites, A small sample of your wares would be awesome. I have no artistic abilities and love looking at the work produced by those lucky few.
I have a huge list of books I have yet to read, and I do enjoy owning books forever. So pretty much anything by Pratchett or Salinger. Zombie apocolypse books are always good too. Feel free to send me something from your favourite author too. While I normally stick to fantasy I will read almost anything.
I'm a huge chevy fan, but living down under, kinda hard to get paraphernalia. Keychain bottle opener would be amazing :p

I'm super hard to buy for, my family lets me know this every year. In case you get a brain wave from some of my other interests that don't really have practical gift giving applications : I'm a fan of martial arts (currently nidan in shotokan karate, and looking at starting BJJ next year), I love tabletop games ranging from traditional board games right through to DnD. So if you know of a cool obscure card/ board game I would proabably love it.

After looking at my hint list...I feel sorry for whoever got me. Now to stalk my person to find a hint or 3.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

My Christmas wish list... I collect magnets and always get my friends etc to get me a magnet from where ever they're visiting. A magnet from where ever you live would be nice. I love home made cards over store bought ones. Anything you made yourself or one of a kind items. Anything make up related or purses are always great! :D I like to read so books are good to especially if they're a biography. I have yet to read any Ayaan Hirsi so that might be a good place to start. I'm not a fan of Star Trek, but do love Star Wars and anything Yoda. I also like music, but I'm not a big fan of country music.

Can we wait until Christmas to open our gift? I normally don't receive anything for Christmas as I was born/raised a muslim so despite celebrating Christmas as an adult nobody usually gets me anything so at least this year I'll have two gifts to open. One from my boyfriend and one from my secret Santa.

Dave

Dave

My wish list: Anything that is not porn or sex toys. I'm not against that sort of thing, but you never know who's going to get the package...

So surprise me!

strawman

strawman

Can we wait until Christmas to open our gift?
You can wait until Christmas to open your gift, or one week after receiving it - whichever is later.

So if you get your gift next week, you don't have to open it and post pictures until Christmas, then you'll need to post pictures ASAP after opening it.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Hardest thing that I didn't think about...if I get media, I'm not sure what kind of media to get. DVD/BR/Streaming...

strawman

strawman

Hardest thing that I didn't think about...if I get media, I'm not sure what kind of media to get. DVD/BR/Streaming...
You might have to stick with the bluray/dvd/digital combos a lot of movies are being sold in these days.

If it becomes very important, you can ask me and I'll ask your recipient to maintain secrecy, but the question alone is a pretty big hint as to the gift type...

Piotyr

Piotyr

Items sent. It will be up to my recipient to guess the theme.

Gryfter

Gryfter

Well now the wishlist link seems really easy so here you go.

But really anything is just fine. I have kids though so please keep it clean.

Chibibar

I do have my Amazon Wish list (haven't update but the items are good)
and steamlist but most items are expensive :( so surprise me (anything goes is cool with me no kids and wife is understanding hehe)

the only exception is no animals (live or dead one, stuff is ok heh)
Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1J1E5ZYWT3DBW/ref=lst_llp_wl-see-all

I haven't update my steam list so won't post that yet.

strawman

strawman

I hope you're all sending gifts!

Also, keep in mind that you can go through a poster's post history and find juicy ideas, such as the following:

https://www.halforums.com/threads/n...-rant-ii-redemption.22969/page-58#post-830393

LittleSin

LittleSin

Oh man! I totally forgot about that!

makare

I cant send my gift until I get paid so hope my person doesn't panic.

Don't panic person!

strawman

strawman

Jay

Jay

I wonder if the person who got me in the random draw enjoyed my poem.

LittleSin

LittleSin

There was poem? Awesome.

Jay

Jay

Indeed. A classy one at that. I'm scared that form may have eaten it. Like a grue.

Anyways... yeah people really need to post their wish lists... the sorry sap I got hasn't posted anything yet. If I get nothing by next week... congrats on the bag of white socks.

Hylian

Hylian

I get paid next week so that is when I plan on sending out the gift :)

Wahad

Wahad

Didn't anybody put their wishlists in the form? Or is it customary to post them here anyway?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I love to read, Amazon and Kindle are my friends. Star Wars and Star Trek shaped my childhood. Would like stuff that is local to you or things from Think Geek. I'll have fun with all kinds of stuff.

Please no NSFW stuff and I'm not a drinker (I think we've had the same bottle (small bottle) of tequila for 2 years now).

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Heh, I got a good one this year... I'm just hoping that I would've also gotten their real name, too. Somehow I don't think the package would get through on forum name alone :p

strawman

strawman

Indeed. A classy one at that. I'm scared that form may have eaten it. Like a grue.
Your full entry, including the poem, was indeed sent to your secret santa.

Didn't anybody put their wishlists in the form? Or is it customary to post them here anyway?
Most people did, a few didn't. You only need to put something down if you want to update what you had in the form, or if you didn't put anything in the form.

If a secret santa gets stuck, they'll message me, and I'll pass the message along to the recipient anonymously.

Chibibar

I only get paid once a month. So I won't be shipping mine out until Dec 1st.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I do prefer if someone is creative and comes up with their own gift ideas. However, if you have me and you are truly stumped, I threw together a quick wish list here.

Dave

Dave

I only get paid once a month. So I won't be shipping mine out until Dec 1st.
Same here, Mr. Chibi.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

I've got 3 jobs at the moment so I've had no time to go shopping this week. :(

I'll be purchasing and shipping my secret santa gift next week.

Piotyr

Piotyr

There's a decent chance my gift arrives at its destination before the end of this month. So...you may get an American Thanksgiving gift instead of a Christmas gift. I promise it's not a turkey.

makare

Im getting super excited... I want to get paid soon so I can send mine out! squeee

Gusto

Gusto

Oh and if my Secret Santa feels so inclined they can send me the 2nd Octopus Pie trade.:)

phil

phil

Mine needs to post more specifics about what they want. I've got a cruel idea for something to send because it WOULD meet their psudo request..... But it would also be a giant dildo.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

Apparently I'm spending Christmas with my boyfriend and his family so I'll need to know if I can open my gift in front of his parents or whether I should open it when they're not present...

strawman

strawman

Apparently I'm spending Christmas with my boyfriend and his family so I'll need to know if I can open my gift in front of his parents or whether I should open it when they're not present...
Boyfriend: That's uh... pretty big box of dildos you've got there...
You: ... yep...

PatrThom

PatrThom

I hold almost no expectations for my gift. I expect no particular value, nor size, nor secret meaning. The bag need bear no specific brand, designer, nor mark of any kind. I have no dietary restrictions, no allergies, no religious proclivities, no health concerns. I have a wife and child for family and cats for pets. Most of my tastes run toward the mundane, my daily life rather dull, and my schedule is for the birds.

On the other hand, my imagination is galactic in scope, I am fiendishly creative and mischievous. I tend to accept people as they are unless they give me good reason to suspect otherwise, and I am one of THE most tolerant people you could ever hope to meet*. I can maintain interesting conversation on just about any subject other than Sports or History/Geography, and I can spend an entire day wandering around a city happily watching other people going about their daily lives.

What I would like is for you to promise to try your best. Show me you care. Look for a gift not based on what you want or what you think is cool, but instead try your damnedest to find something that you think would fit my personality as well as a sharpener fits a pencil, or an arrow fits a bow. Skip the novelty item, avoid the gift certificate, pore over a few dozen of my posts and see what you can glean. Gather together what morsels you can find, preheat your thinking cap to 350°F and bake together with freshly-churned thoughts just to see what comes out. Surprise me. I don't expect perfection, I just expect honest effort.

tl;dr: I'm hard to shop for.

--Patrick
*No, really. I mean that on a level I doubt you would fully appreciate unless you've tested it.

phil

phil

So if your gift wasn't that great, you wouldn't be mad...just disappointed?

'cause that puts on more stress da--erm...pat.

makare

I would so get PatrThom the biggest goddamn dildo I could find.

BErt

lots of people on this page said:
New suggestion: Next year let's just call this "The great December dildo exchange."

PatrThom

PatrThom

I would so get PatrThom the biggest goddamn dildo I could find.
Make sure you spring for one of those fancy VixSkin models. I'd hate to end up stuck with something inferior.

Also: Dildo. (I can't even hear the word without thinking of the protagonist of Lord of the Strings, and I've still seen only about the first 6 minutes)

--Patrick

Terrik

Terrik

My gift has been shipped. Expect it within 2 weeks!

Also, for the person who got me--standby, I'll be posting information shortly. My uhm...defunct laptop screen has made things difficult. I'll post something here this weekend for you!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I just hope I won't get anything cancer-related. Even as a joke.

Just, you know, trying not to think of that thing 24/7. You know...

I do think my list was still quite extensive and varied for my Santa to know what to look for. If not, s/he can always ask for clarifications via stienman :p Will be going out Monday to find my Santee their gift. Would have gone today, but it's the opening of the Christmas season in the major stores downtown, and after an extra week in a hospital bed my legs are still a little flimsy. Them Christmas shoppers are brutal, man...

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

My gift has been purchased, but I'm having to wait for it to come in, before I can re-ship it to the giftee.

makare

Yay I got my present ^_^

Thanks gusto :)

Hylian

Hylian

I just finished ordering the first part of the gift I am sending and I plan on shipping out the second part either today or tomorrow. :D

Delivery estimate for the first part of the gift is (ordered through 3rd party Amazon seller)

Delivery estimate: Nov. 29, 2011 - Dec. 2, 2011

Gusto

Gusto

Yay I got my present ^_^

Thanks gusto :)
Wow, that was fast! :) Glad you enjoy!

makare

Yeah I totally do. I like it even more than I thought I would. I have never gotten a webcomic collection before and I guess I thought it would just have like selected ones in there but nope they are all in there. So now I have a in my hand version of the giant snow monsters I love so much.

Dirona

Dirona

Things have been ordered - two different companies though, we'll see which package arrives first.
(Delivery estimates: Dec 2, 2011 - Dec 6, 2011 & Nov 29, 2011 - Dec 2, 2011)

Also, if my person is really really stuck, here's the totally non-obligatory Amazon wishlist.

Jay

Jay

I have shipping my items today. Should be received between 7 to 10 business days.

Emrys

Emrys

Gift shipped. Estimated time of arrival - 23 November.

Small delay in shipping. New estimated time of arrival - 3 December.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Stupid UPS driver. Delivering packages today, tried the front door, nobody home (we're at work) so he leaves a note to pick them up at complex office. Get home from work, see note, go to office, to find out that the same UPS driver left a note for them that he has my packages... DON'T TELL ME TO PICK UP AT OFFICE WHEN YOU DON'T LEAVE THEM AT THE OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wahad

Wahad

Had a little hiccup with the payment that I didn't get notified about, but it should get resolved today. Estimated delivery time was 2-3 business days, so it should arrive next week at the latest.

Hylian

Hylian

I shipped out the second part of the gift I am sending out today and they said it should arrive around Friday.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I am currently awaiting payment before I order.

--Patrick

BErt

Mine gift has been shipped...

Terrik

Terrik

Soooo....sorry secret santa on my tardiness!

For me, you could look here. Also, being a member of this forum, there's a good chance I like nerdy/comic/webcomic/nerdy things. I've also been interested in reading The Flash, I also like economic/journalist/political books. The last three books I read were "The future of power", "Unreliable Sources", and "Great Nation" to give you a hint. I love things with local flavor. I am incredibly easy to please!

LittleSin

LittleSin

I'm conflicted. I painted a picture in 2010 that I recently took down to make room for newer stuff. I think this painting would be a nice additon to my Secret Santees gift...but I'm wondering if its bad of me to send them an old piece of art work.

Opinions?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Old to you, new to them.

--Patrick

Wahad

Wahad

What he said.

strawman

strawman

They will love it, I'm sure! Besides, as everyone knows, the older the painting, the more valuable it is.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The gift has been purchased, will be shipped when I get out of the hospital.

Jay

Jay

:thumbsup:

If I had your name Mr. Ranger and magical healing powers. I'd give you all your health back and we'd go out to a pub for a pint.

Be well my Finnish friend.

Tress

Tress

If I received a piece of artwork from someone here I would be overjoyed. Assuming it's not just stuck figures and scribbles, of course.

Terrik

Terrik

If I received a piece of artwork from someone here I would be overjoyed. Assuming it's not just stuck figures and scribbles, of course.
Uh...oh

*Tosses Oots book into the flames*

Cajungal

Cajungal

Seconded on the art comment. So many talented people here... Getting an original would be cool. :)

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'm sending some art too, but mostly because I am cheap and a whore when it comes to my cartoons.
Added at: 20:29
Of course, that's just part of the gift. Of course.

Gusto

Gusto

I send other people's art.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

If I were to buy art for myself, it would be pieces that are older and have been seen by lots of people, not something commisioned, so I think its a perfect idea. Plus we know it wasn't rushed for a deadline.

Also, who has 2 thumbs and works for a company that stuffed up paperwork costing me half my paycheck? THIS GUY!!
(I may be struggling to scrape the cash together in time to get it to my person in time. Given anything sent from aus takes for ever to go anywhere. But I shall try my hardest.)

PatrThom

PatrThom

For 40 minutes shortly after dawn, I wrestled Amazon's site on the battlefield that was Black Friday.
Your phone number was not provided, so it was prized from the Internet in order to properly arrange delivery.
Your items were harvested, secured, and labeled. They await bundling and transport, with delivery scheduled to occur between Dec 2-8.

Enjoy.

--Patrick

makare

Amazon is sending the gift now.. should be there by monday :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

So, I'm out patrolling, and my wife calls.

H:"Hey, you got something in, and I didn't order it. Secret Santa?"
M:"Probably. I'm on my way."

Suddenly, a wild Rico from Gunslinger Girl appears!

(This would be the stock photo... mine is currently sitting atop my computer at home).

No note attached... so thanks, Mysterious Secret Santa!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I find it awesome that you responded to the secret santa gift like it was a police call.

I'M ON MY WAY. CHARON, OUT.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

:csi:

Gusto

Gusto

FIRE UP THE ROOF

Hylian

Hylian

So, I'm out patrolling, and my wife calls.

H:"Hey, you got something in, and I didn't order it. Secret Santa?"
M:"Probably. I'm on my way."

Suddenly, a wild Rico from Gunslinger Girl appears!

(This would be the stock photo... mine is currently sitting atop my computer at home).

No note attached... so thanks, Mysterious Secret Santa!

That is from me I tried to attach a not but they didn't give me the option :(

I hope you like it :)

On a side not that is part one of the gift part 2 is in the mail and should be there soon

makare

That is a cute present :)

Hylian

Hylian

I got my gift in and I absolutely love it!

Thanks Emrys! :)

Emrys

Emrys

If you're happy, mon ami, then I'm happy. Merry Christmas!

Hylian

Hylian

If you're happy, mon ami, then I'm happy. Merry Christmas!

I am very happy :)

And you have a very merry christmas yourself.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

My gift is ready to go, but I won't be able to send it out until the 9th.

Bumble - The master of cutting things close.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I keep adding to my little care package. It'll be out by wednesday for sure.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

OH HEY! So I get home from class today, I sit down and play some Zelda, and a couple hours later someone says WHAT'D YOU ORDER?
Seems like my brother accepted a package (lol) while I was gone and didn't bother telling me...

After ripping the bag open I was extremely pleased to find some awesome pens inside! I can't tell you guys how smoothly they draw.. yeah, I already broke a few of them in :)

Thanks to makare, for a truly awesome gift! I just have to try to not dry them out before next christmas lol.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'll be shipping this weekend. :D

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I'll be shipping this weekend. :D
Make sure you put airholes in the box you'll be in.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Make sure you put airholes in the box you'll be in.
I've got my lunches packed already.

makare

I am so glad you like them Bumble ^_^

Null helped pick them out and by helped I mean he picked them out.... if not for him who knows what nonsense you'd have ended up with. O.O

LittleSin

LittleSin

Ooooo! I just got back from the store to find the my husband has accepted a package! Lets us see what we have here!

Hmmm...
secretsanta1.jpg

A potato masher? Well, It was in my Amazon wish list and it is certainly a handy thing to have!

secretsanta2.jpg

OMG! I never dreamed that someone would actually get this for me! So awesome! Thank you!

Let's see...who sent this...Jason from Quebec?

Wait...is this who I think it is?

Jay

Jay

a_merry_woody_diy_xmas_card_by_theonecam-d35cid8.jpg

Yep.... I'm your secret Santa! HUZZAH!

Enjoy your gift, also, did you get the "special note" I left with the package? Surely, they did not forget to print it? It EXPLAINS EVERYTHING CREEP STYLE.

(ps: potato smasher brought it over the free amazon shipping threshold, so in the end, it was free!")

I forgot what I wrote though.... :(

LittleSin

LittleSin

There was a note? I thought it was a just a receipt! Now I must dig through my trash!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

:thumbsup:

If I had your name Mr. Ranger and magical healing powers. I'd give you all your health back and we'd go out to a pub for a pint.

Be well my Finnish friend.
I aim to be, my good man. I aim to be.

When I've kicked this cancer's ass, I'll take you up on that offer. But I'll go for something non-alcoholic, if you don't mind. I know I become a melancholic drunk if I have more than a pint in me ;)

Jay

Jay

You threw away my note WITHOUT READING???

Eh5WU.gif

Not serious though..... I;m not mad. :)

I found the note in the recepit stud.... and I'm too lazy to click on Conversations... so here's the note within a spoiler.

If your name isn't LittleSin, you shouldn't be reading the following.

You shouldnt.

I mean it.

A potato smasher?

An interesting choice of a gift a non-informed person may say...
However, this item can serves multiple purposes for a canny individual...

Such as :

- Smash tasty taters.
- A great stress relief tool.
- Confidence building tool for aspiring sith lords.
- Singing prop in the kitchen.
- Allows me to use free Amazon shipping!

Joyeaux Noel!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ok, I didn't. I will forever* wonder, though.

--Patrick
*I'll forget about it within a week.

Espy

Espy

Sent mine today. Someone is going to be enjoying a very special bounty.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Email tells me the package I sent has been delivered. It's up to the recipient, though, to let me know if my email is a dirty liar.

Wahad

Wahad

Alright, Amazon has finally shipped out the order. Should arrive in 2/3 days.

Dirona

Dirona

Mine gift has been shipped...
And received! Thanks BErt! I am a religion nerd, so these will both be very useful. Excellent choices.

(Sorry for the desk mess - final paper season.)

Piotyr

Piotyr

I got something! From someone...that didn't leave a HF handle, so I have no idea who it's from, but I'm pretty sure it's for this!

present.png
mints.png
die.png

Geeky, Zelda, and kid friendly too! Awesome! Thanks...whoever that was!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Mmm...magnesium stearate.

--Patrick

Piotyr

Piotyr

You only really taste the artificial peppermint flavor.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I got something! From someone...that didn't leave a HF handle, so I have no idea who it's from, but I'm pretty sure it's for this!
Dammit, there was supposed to be a note included in the box.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, and I want to send some hand-made stuff as well. Is it okay to send baked goods or shall I just stick to an art idea I had?

Piotyr

Piotyr

Either is cool with me. Thanks again! I will redouble my check of the box.

EDIT: There was a note on the receipt that said "Schrödingers cat included/not included" but no handle for reference.

figmentPez

figmentPez

EDIT: There was a note on the receipt that said "Schrödingers cat included/not included" but no handle for reference.
Nope, that's not my note. Mine said something like "Merry Christmas from figmentPez. I'm hoping to send another box of hand-made stuff soon."

makare

aww i want that d20 .. now!

Gryfter

Gryfter

I have been laid up sick for the past five days but now that I am back among the living I am working towards getting my package out, hopefully by week's end.

Piotyr

Piotyr

I'm actually a little concerned, because USPS says the package I sent was delivered 9 days ago. Maybe the recipient is just waiting for Christmas, though, and I'm just being paranoid about shipping to an unknown address.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

I haven't received any packages or notice to pick up anything from the post office as of yet. The smaller portion of my gift will be sent out this week, but unfortunately I can't send the second half until the 9th as I have 4 days of parties etc...

Dave

Dave

Payday is tomorrow. Then I'm sending out my PACKAGE OF AWESOMENESS!

Or at least I'm ordering it to be delivered...

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Payday for me is still the 9th.. Then I'll be sending out my package of okayness that day! BY HAND.

AT THE POST OFFICE AND WHATNOT.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Your items were harvested, secured, and labeled. They await bundling and transport, with delivery scheduled to occur between Dec 2-8.
The shippage, it has occurred. Delivery estimate remains unchanged.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Package of awesomeness has been sent. No porn, but I think he'll like what he gets!

Gryfter

Gryfter

My package is now in the hands of the US postal service so hopefully the gods of mail will be kind to the recipient.

Also I have been informed by the keeper of packages, aka my girlfriend, that while going through all the recently received ones she found one that she identified as "not hers" and probably for me rather than purchased by me so I will have to find out tonight. Stayed tuned for more.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Both of Hylian's packages have made it to me! (Man, once again I feel like a slacker, although everything's purchased... I just need to get it to the post office.... mission for today, methinks!

Rico, this time with 100% more Officer_Charon's house!

And a really sweet, custom-made bleach stencil shirt!

Thanks, Hylian!

Jay

Jay

So, this morning I found an Amazon package laying on the windshield of my old spare winter truck I use for the winter in my drivewayy. I have NO IDEA how long its beeen there as I haven't used it in 3 weeks. (since I took it out of the garage). Thank God I have a Tempo up that people can't easily see the package on it.

No notes from UPS/FedEx or whoever decided to ship this.

Who's Julian?

Pictures up tonight.

Gusto

Gusto

So, this morning I found an Amazon package laying on the windshield of my old spare winter truck I use for the winter in my drivewayy. I have NO IDEA how long its beeen there as I haven't used it in 3 weeks. (since I took it out of the garage). Thank God I have a Tempo up that people can't easily see the package on it.

Who's Julian?

Pictures up tonight.
LordRavage? I think his name is Julian.

Hylian

Hylian

Both of Hylian's packages have made it to me! (Man, once again I feel like a slacker, although everything's purchased... I just need to get it to the post office.... mission for today, methinks!

Rico, this time with 100% more Officer_Charon's house!

And a really sweet, custom-made bleach stencil shirt!

Thanks, Hylian!

I am glad that they both made it to you :)

I hope you like them I wasn't quite sure what to get you so I took a shot in the dark (well sorta dark) and hoped for the best.

Wahad

Wahad

Who's Julian?

Pictures up tonight.
Julian is my friend. To avoid outrageous shipping, I decided to order from Amazon.ca, but since I have no creditcard I asked him to do it. I'm glad it has been received! It should not really have been there for more than a day or so, so it's all good. Also, there should've been a note in there but I guess he forgot.

(also your poem with the wishlist was pretty cool)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Had the folks send the package today, should arrive to my Secret Santee in about 14 work days ;)

Jay

Jay

Sweet, thanks man. Nice gift. Will show pictures tonight. :)

Gryfter

Gryfter

So it turns out my package actually arrived before Thanksgiving, opened it last night and ;

Awesome DVDs of Malcolm in the Middle: season 1, Breaking Bad:Season 1, and Batman: Year One!

With a note that read.... well ... sort of this;
Items sent. It will be up to my recipient to guess the theme.
And the theme is Bryan Cranston is Awesome! Thanks Piotyr!

Piotyr

Piotyr

I'm glad you got it, since after I sent it I realized I addressed it to "Gryfter", which meant potentially anybody could just see it was an amazon box and claim to be the recipient.

An alternative acceptable answer for the theme, now that I think of it, would have been ONE.

(And I know I didn't follow your wish list, but I sent your package out literally about 30 seconds before you posted the wish list, and then instantly facepalmed.)

Gryfter

Gryfter

No worries at all, I didn't have any of them and haven't yet watched Batman Y1 yet so I am stoked. Thanks again!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Package has been packed with packaging and is in the hands of the package handlers on the way to the package destination.

No, I did not send a "package" in a box.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gifts sent! I think I did well. :D Unfortunately, they had to be shipped separately, so they might not arrive on the same day.

phil

phil

OH MAN IT'S DECEMBER!

I still don't know what I'm getting my person of interest.

Or the rest of my family and friends.

Gift giving is hard.

Gusto

Gusto

Today I got a very nice thank you card from makare! Super classy! Thanks. :)

strawman

strawman

Today I got a very nice thank you card from makare! Super classy! Thanks. :)
Uh oh, looks like makare just upped the ante, friends!

Espy

Espy

Whoa now. No one ever said anything about thank you cards. What are we? The 1%?

strawman

strawman

If you are not going to be able to send your gift by this Friday, December 9th, please let me know now.

Tress

Tress

My gift has been sent. [insert name here] should receive it between Dec. 12th and 15th.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I know that I only sent my gift the other day, but eeeeeee I can't wait for it to get there!

Emrys

Emrys

I got mine! Actually, I got it a couple of days ago but wanted to include a picture but my camera isn't working, so no picture. Stupid camera.

I got two books - Mary Boleyn, The Mistress of Kings and The Boleyn Inheritance.

There wasn't a note attached but my Secret Santa lives in Saskatoon so I'm guessing Dirona!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! I'm spending this weekend with a blanket, a cup of tea, and my new books. You rock!

Dirona

Dirona

YAY!!! Amazon said they arrived, and I was startin' to worry. (and there should be a note... stupid Amazon) Glad you like them. Partially based on your wishlist, partially not so much.

There's a 'part 2' coming from another source that should be arriving soon.

Emrys

Emrys

More gifts? <squeee!>

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

A wild parcel appears!

What can be inside....

Ohhhhh, they've encased him in delicious carbonite chocolate!

and a beautiful mug, from my favorite Star Wars movie!

A nice note from my secret Halform Santa Espy!

Love it, thanks for the gifts Espy! Loved how it was addressed:
Mr. Spar Hawk
Halforums Inc.

Now I'm waiting to see what others got and how my victi... ahem, sorry, giftee likes their package.

Espy

Espy

Glad you enjoyed it! I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the perfect Star Wars stuff and when I say both those items I was like, well, duh. Merry Christmas Mr. Spar Hawk from all of us here at Halforums Inc.! :p

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

So I finally got to buy my gift today, after huge drama with money and people being stupid. Getting packed as we speak, will be shipped tomorrow. Since it's a few days past the international shipping date I will probably feel guilty and upgrade it to express of some kind...as long as it doesn't cost an effing fortune.

Edit: hi...australia post.....shove your $63 express post in your great southern land.
On the plus side, It says 5-10 business days for major city centers. That should hopefully land it just before things start to close for christmas. Let's spend some good karma to make this work out :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Sent! Finally!

Stupid consarned dramas, with your last-minute bills and whatnot.

LittleSin

LittleSin

It is SENT! From my home and from Amazon.

I really hope they get there for Christmas.

Gusto

Gusto

It is SENT! From my home and from Amazon.

I really hope they get there for Christmas.
Me too! Since I'm currently operating under the random assumption that YOU are my Secret Santa.

LittleSin

LittleSin

We shall see, we shall see.

Tress

Tress

I got my package in the mail today. I'm still considering holding onto it until Xmas morning.

strawman

strawman

Current status:

11 people have received their gifts.
9 gifts are known to be winging their way through the package/postal system.
7 secret santas have yet to send their gift (or haven't said so in this thread)

I'll be bugging people I haven't heard from soon, so please post here or pm me if you've sent a package but haven't mentioned it yet!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'll be bugging people I haven't heard from soon, so please post here or pm me if you've sent a package but haven't mentioned it yet!
Glad that I'm taken care of then. It always creeps me out when I see you peeking through my window.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

My gift is being sent out via Amazon tomorrow as that is when I get paid. I already have the gift all picked out. Sending out a card as well. :)

Wahad

Wahad

Still have to receive mine, but that's pretty logical, given that I'm all the way down here. I hope it arrives in time for Christmas, at least! :aaah:

strawman

strawman

Glad that I'm taken care of then. It always creeps me out when I see you peeking through my window.
Hey, if you just let me install cameras I wouldn't have to peek anymore.

Common sense, really.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Hey, if you just let me install cameras I wouldn't have to peek anymore.

Common sense, really.
I'm just saving your eyes and your sanity by not allowing you to do that.

It's really all for the best.

phil

phil

Items sent!

though i did it online so I'll have to send a letter separate.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I am mailing mine tomorrow. They box is all set to go, I just needs the monies from when I get paid tomorrow.

I have a nice package.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mannnn the shipping thingie said it arrived! Did the person get it! Augh, the suspense!

Emrys

Emrys

I am mailing mine tomorrow. They box is all set to go, I just needs the monies from when I get paid tomorrow.

I have a nice package.
Bumble, you're so modest.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Mannnn the shipping thingie said it arrived! Did the person get it! Augh, the suspense!
It's here! (Though my family failed to mention that to me.)
HF Secret Santa Gift from CajunGal 2011_12_08.jpg

It's the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas! Wonderful, I love "Linus & Lucy". Thank you very much CajunGal!

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

I went to mail mine this morning, But couldnt get to the post office because of a car accident near the entry to the building. About to go now and try again.
Edit: Package is at the post office, waiting to be proccessed and sent halfway around the world.

Dave

Dave

My package was delivered Wednesday, but my recipient is taking a break so may or may not respond on this thread.

strawman

strawman

STATUS: There are four gifts that will be sent very soon. Every other gift has been sent! Many have already been received! Woohoo!

If you've received a gift, but don't plan on opening it until some later date, please let me know that you've received it.

My package was delivered Wednesday, but my recipient is taking a break so may or may not respond on this thread.
Your recipient has received it and is planning on posting in this thread eventually.

Jay

Jay

This is Dave

ZXqby.jpg

Gusto

Gusto

I received my package today, and whoever sent it to me (no indication was given!) is incredible!

Pictures forthcoming. :D

LittleSin

LittleSin

I told you we'll see.

And you have seen it could not be me. :p

Gusto

Gusto

I feel bad for whoever sent it to me though. Let's look at the facts!

- My two previous Secret Santas have been female (HowDroll and Darkangel)
- My two previous Secret Santas have sent me webcomic-related gifts (Achewood T-shirt and stickers, Machine of Death collection) which continues this year!
- My previous two Secret Santas have all but completely disappeared from the forums, never to return. :(

My fear is that if this year's gifter was female, they're probably going to leave the forum forever! :(

Terrik

Terrik

I feel bad for whoever sent it to me though. Let's look at the facts!

- My two previous Secret Santas have been female (HowDroll and Darkangel)
- My two previous Secret Santas have sent me webcomic-related gifts (Achewood T-shirt and stickers, Machine of Death collection) which continues this year!
- My previous two Secret Santas have all but completely disappeared from the forums, never to return. :(

My fear is that if this year's gifter was female, they're probably going to leave the forum forever! :(
It was me! There wasn't any way to add a note or otherwise to the package. And, as far as I know, I'm both planning on sticking around and male, so perhaps..the chain shall finally be broken!

Or, in other words: C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Gusto

Gusto

Terrik you're the goddamned MAN.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I sent mine today. Should be delivered next week.

Gusto

Gusto

Hi Bumble!

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's here! (Though my family failed to mention that to me.)
(snip)

It's the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas! Wonderful, I love "Linus & Lucy". Thank you very much CajunGal!
YAY, I hope you enjoy it! That's one of the first things that came to mind after you mentioned Christmas music. One of the best, imo. There's something else coming, too! They just had to ship seperately, so keep your eyes open. ;)

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

My Christmas gift has been shipped via Amazon. It should arrive in 2 business days. I don't have a credit card so giftee expect a package from Stephen M.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I can't tell you how much of a smile this put on the ol' swollen face! O_C, let's grab a beer sometime.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Jesus Christ! Did you take a pool cue to the face or something?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Jesus Christ! Did you take a pool cue to the face or something?
Got into an argument with a guy outside of the bar, he kind of shoved me but it was icy out so I kind of fell off the curb and landed on my face.

I mean, in all honesty the guy was pretty nice after that. He helped me up, apologized and all that. But ouch.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Hi Bumble!
Hello, my friend!

One of these years, we shall get each other as our Secret Santa, and we shall both receive from each other, and it will be glorious.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I can't tell you how much of a smile this put on the ol' swollen face! O_C, let's grab a beer sometime.

Damn man... glad that you were able to get it okay... I was really concerned that it would get broken in transit.

I also included a recipe that I had to drink to earn that glass... did you get that, too?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Damn man... glad that you were able to get it okay... I was really concerned that it would get broken in transit.

I also included a recipe that I had to drink to earn that glass... did you get that, too?
I did! I definitely plan on making it and will keep you posted on how it is!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

If you can still post after drinking it, you didn't do it right. *grins*

BananaHands

BananaHands

If you can still post after drinking it, you didn't do it right. *grins*
Oh yeah, it looks dangerous.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Oh yeah, it looks dangerous.
Just FYI... I've got TWO glasses.

figmentPez

figmentPez

This is what Halforumites are supposed to do with mugs, right?

Durr I got an Aperture Science mug 2011_12_10.jpg

Thanks CajunGal! It's wonderful. I shall start using it for my tea immediately!

BErt

I have received great treasures
IMG_20111210_235617.jpg

Very Cool!

Possible Arkham City video game spoilers:
I had just finished the game, and I wasn't familiar with the Hush character, so this is awesome and great timing as well.

Really excited to start these. Thanks Tress!

Cajungal

Cajungal

This is what Halforumites are supposed to do with mugs, right?

(wonderful pic)

Thanks CajunGal! It's wonderful. I shall start using it for my tea immediately!
Merry Merry Christmas, Pez, and thank you for the cosplay thread. ^_^

Tress

Tress

Really excited to start these. Thanks Tress!
Glad you like them! Merry Christmas!

Terrik

Terrik

I got my gift yesterday! Pics coming later :)

Chibibar

photo.JPG

Woo! I got mine! Thanks Dave.

Attachments

Dave

Dave

Yay!! Hope you like the air blast thingy. I've always wanted one of those for myself!

Espy

Espy

CHIBI!!!!! You're back! :aaah:

Dave

Dave

Also note the self-stirring mug!

Espy

Espy

Awesome!

PatrThom

PatrThom

What I noticed was how Chibi disdains traditional things, such as gravity.

--Patrick

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I wish my person would hurry up and get theirs and/or post, jfc

BananaHands

BananaHands

Yeah, seriously person. Stop being a jerk and get yours already.

Espy

Espy

Present(s) received!!!! :awesome:

Two cd's by Deadsy! I don't know who sent them, so I can't thank them, whoever they are. If they were to reveal themselves here however... well... things could get aaaaaaall kinds of thankful up in here!

PatrThom

PatrThom

My mailbox remains unfilled (like Nick's prom night), but it knows its day will come.
And on that day, maybe the carrier won't leave the package in a snowbank or something.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

Present(s) received!!!! :awesome:

Two cd's by Deadsy! I don't know who sent them, so I can't thank them, whoever they are. If they were to reveal themselves here however... well... things could get aaaaaaall kinds of thankful up in here!
Your secret santa just now informed me that this is only the beginning.

DRAMA!

Also, they would like to know your thoughts on the music.

Espy

Espy

Your secret santa just now informed me that this is only the beginning.

DRAMA!

Also, they would like to know your thoughts on the music.
Oh my, a go-between! How intriguing AND mystifying!

As to the cd's... I like it! I'm a huge Manson/Bowie/Zombie fan and this fits that glam/goth/rock mix I enjoy so much. I'm only a little familiar with them but I'm enjoying what I'm hearing so far. Some of it is pretty similar to my band, probably because we have some of the same influences. So... this is a good thing :)

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Just got a text from my mom. "Package at her house for you. Think it's your internet secret santa thingy.Either that or we have drugs to sell."
Totally forgot I put her address down just in case I had moved from this place already. I have been going crazy checking my mailbox for nothing :S

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Thankyou to Sparhawk, for these awesome gifts.
First of all, we have not 2, but 3 Chevy keyrings. 1 is a torch, and the other is most amazing, bottle opener in the shape of a conrod. Totally awesome :D

We also have this Honorary Texan shotglass

"As an honorary texan, you are entitled to drink longnecks and have a boot-stompin' good time. You are required to love bar-b-que, country music and share the great hospitality of the lone star state"
Well we aussies love a bar-b-que, and I love johnny cash. That good enough?

And last but not least we have my new hat.

Cheers Sparhawk, Just tested out that bottle opener with my beer. Ps. Is this what you guys call a long neck too? I always thought that was an australianism.

Also, no matter what I always look mega stupid in photos. On the brightside....one very spoilt aussie this christmas.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

So glad that you liked it and that it got there in just over a week! I had fun finding all that, just wish that I could have found, within budget, a bow-tie bottle opener but I did think that the conrod was cool.

Longnecks here and there look very similar, so they may be the same.

Merry Christmas from Texas to you my Australian buddy!

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Well, what beer in cans we call tinnys, in small bottles is just beer (12 fl oz i think), and our long necks or king browns are 25 fl oz. Either way, come christmas I wont throw a shrimp on the barbie for you, I will throw a big fat juicy inch thick steak, covered in my families secret marinade...and eat it in your honour :)

Espy

Espy

I AM STILL MYSTIFIED. :aaah:

Cajungal

Cajungal

A present? FOR ME!? It showed up at my door right after I worked out, so excuse my grubby gear. :p

It appears to be from a faraway land...(there were some cool stamps attached!)

It's an absolutely gorgeous cookbook called Turku on a Plate!!! I absolutely love it!

...and a sketch? HELL YES!

This is not duck face Leslie. This is Leslie who is very interested in trying out the fish soup. Thanks, Mikko/North Ranger! You're a darling. :)

strawman

strawman

All the gifts have been sent!

Wooo!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

PERSON THAT DOES NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE...

Prepare....

For tomorrow, UPS shall bring the joy of the Christmas season to your doorstep.

prepare.....

Dave

Dave

My wife just called and said that I have a package at home from someone named Christopher Martinez. BUMBLE is my secret Santa!!!

I leave here in about 3 hours and they are gonna be the longest 3 hours EVER!!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

ITS BEEN ABOUT THREE HOURS

Dave

Dave

I'm leaving now.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

You bastard. As I go back to work... I DEMAND A VIDEO UNPACKING.

Dave

Dave

Okay, so I'm home and there was this mysterious package waiting for me...

P1070119.JPG

Can I tell what it is by shaking it???
P1070120.JPG

Nope! But that's a lot of tape. I'm going to need a BIG KNIFE!!
P1070121.JPG

Okay, the knife was a bit too big. Went with a smaller knife and tore into it with abandon!
P1070122.JPG

THE REVEAL!!
P1070123.JPG

Aw! He got me little pillows!
P1070124.JPG

Wait a minute! There's stuff under it! Like this "QQ n00b!" tissue swag from Blizzcon!
P1070125.JPG

And this Zerg slime...thing. Hang on! There's a Zerg figuring in the slime! "Ew!" says the wife as I take it out!
P1070126.JPG

And there's a note! "Sir, It is I, your Secret Santa, Bumble! I have chosen to give you a selection of my prized possessions from BLIZZCONS of old! Along with a couple of other goodies! :) I hope you enjoy!"
P1070129.JPG

Stickers! One is PvP and the other...not a sticker but a coaster!
P1070130.JPG

Postcards! You can't read them very well but they are Diablo III and Starcraft II!
P1070131.JPG

A book! George Carlin's "When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?" Inside there's a note: "I don't really know if you'll like this book...But I love it. And I love you. So if you think about it...it's meant to be!"
P1070132.JPG

And last but never least, my wife's favorite part of the whole thing...A FRAMED PICTURE OF BUMBLE!!!
P1070133.JPG

It reads: "To whom it may concern...Merry X-mas! -Christopher"
P1070135.JPG

All in all a wonderful set of gifts and a great surprise! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! to Bumble! And to all of you, really. This is my first online Secret Santa ever and I'm never going to skip doing it again.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

This pleases me

LittleSin

LittleSin

Oh gosh. That picture.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nice.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

U jelly.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm going to need a BIG KNIFE!!
View attachment 3835
...and three separate sugary drinks.
My mailbox remains unfilled (like Nick's prom night), but it knows its day will come.
And on that day, maybe the carrier won't leave the package in a snowbank or something.
In fact, he did not. I wrote that message from work, and upon arriving home (much) later that night, I discovered an envelope with an unfamiliar return address sitting on the dining table.

"Good Lord," I thought. "Could this be my Secret Santa gift?"

By now my curiosity was sharp enough that I needed no knife to breach the shipping seal. Inside I found...a single book. And I sighed.

Y'see, I'm a bit of a Sci-Fi/Fantasy buff. Here's one wall of my living room.
livrmlib.jpg

(not pictured: 13 shelves in office, 4 shelves in hallway, shelf in kitchen, countless boxes in attic)

In fact, a number of years ago (2007), we had to donate books to make room.....
(Yes, those are indeed packed solid all the way to the window. There is no couch under there!)
round1.jpg

.....twice (2009).
round2.jpg

(To be fair, this 2nd pile was only two stacks deep, and only goes back to the chair. And we didn't donate the cat)

Over the years, I've read quite a few books. I've probably recommended twice as many. And I have received many recommendations in return...from coworkers, friends, family, teachers, blogs, and so on. I've followed many of these recommendations, and so have been introduced to many wonderful stories, many of them classics. But there have always been those recommendations that I said I would get to "someday." Every time someone else mentions one, I will say, "Oh yeah, I've heard of that one. People keep telling me I really ought to check that one out." And it would get filed away in the "someday" drawer along with things like my video game ideas, inventions, killing my debt, and all that. And that is why I sighed.

Because all at once, Someday became Today.

I don't know who you are (I don't recognize the initials "LM" and there was no note), but I want to thank you. Thank you for sending it to me and thank you for essentially insisting that I finally sit my ass down and read this fucking book like I probably should've done 20 years ago when people first started suggesting it.

I will update my "What are you reading?" entry accordingly.

vonagift.jpg

--Patrick
(PS: I don't actually smoke, I just wanted the photo to properly pay tribute to the author)

Wahad

Wahad

Man, what a day. Early morning rain and strong winds are the worst. Glad I'm home.

But wait! A bounty has found its way into my room!

It has been tightly sealed, but finally, the treasure chest has bared its contents.

Ah! 'tis the well-known forumite, BananaHands, whom I have to thank for this generosity!

The loot:

Mugshot:

Thanks, BananaHands!

Dave

Dave

I really got to redo the mugs.

That picture is excellent!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Mugshot:

I see what you did there...

--Patrick

Gusto

Gusto

I really got to redo the mugs.

That picture is excellent!
You really do. My Halforum (singular) mug is literally falling apart from overuse.

Wahad

Wahad

So I tried that Bourbon Taffy that was included in my gift. And oh my god I can't stop eating it. So good.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Ooooh...I can't wait for my Santa to get their gift! I guess it won't be this week end!

strawman

strawman

You guys are awesome. Have I said that yet? It's true.

AWESOME.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Sorry it took this long to post anything... I've been pretty much sleepin' the whole week ;)

A strange package arrived, not too long ago... from the wonderful land of Canada, eh?

Well I'll be! It's The Art of War by Sun Tzu, a veritable classic for any history buff worth his salt!

Good show! Thank you and Merry Christmas, Made Ya Blush!

Also... I'm glad you liked your gift, Cajungal :awesome: I'd heard a lot of good said about the book, so I thought it would be right up your alley. Hope you enjoy the recipes!

Emrys

Emrys

Hey, Dirona. I forgot to thank you for my really cool jagermonster calendar of Da Boyz. Tank hyu, sveethot. Hyu iz da best!

LittleSin

LittleSin

Can't tell if drunk..or if inside joke.

Terrik

Terrik

I..I think its from Girl Genius?

Emrys

Emrys

I got a calendar with the jagermonsters from Girl Genius on it. The bad accent is how dey tolk, dollink.
I won't be drunk until Wednesday, my first day off for the holidays. ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

And your image has been moved or deleted. Mirror?

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Or upload it here!

Dirona

Dirona

Hey, Dirona. I forgot to thank you for my really cool jagermonster calendar of Da Boyz. Tank hyu, sveethot. Hyu iz da best!

Yay! I noticed it in the living room, so I'm glad it came. Thought you'd like it!

strawman

strawman

There are 4 people who have yet to report back about receiving a gift. I know a few of you are waiting until Christmas, which is fine.

Every gift has been sent, though, so if you haven't received anything by this weekend, please send me a note.

As always, you guys are awesome!

LittleSin

LittleSin

Coooome ooooon. I wanna know if my gift is going to get there for Christmas. :(

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

I'm glad you liked it North_Ranger. I check the mail everyday after work and still nothing. I'll let you guys know when my package finally gets here.

Espy

Espy

Coooome ooooon. I wanna know if my gift is going to get there for Christmas. :(
I GOT IT!!!!

Whats this? A super awesomely wrapped package for lil ol me?
IMG_1620.jpg
Inside is a sweet Lil Sin original painting!!!
IMG_1623.jpg
AWESOME THUMBS UP
IMG_1625.jpg

Thanks so much Sin, between this and the cd's you really proved to be a awesome Secret Santa. Thanks so much!

LittleSin

LittleSin

YAY!

I'm so happy this got there in good condition. I was really anxious about it getting broken or warped. Also, I'm really happy you like the CDs. They were kind of a last minute addition because I wasn't sure the painting would get there in time.

Did you get my letter and book? :)

Espy

Espy

Oh! Hold on! There was something attached there wasn't there? I got so caught up in ripping off the paper I forgot!

strawman

strawman

Now espy's busy taping a letter back together that he thought was merely extra-thick wrapping paper...

Espy

Espy

Thankfully not :p

Aw, sin, a book too? Wow! You are setting a high standard for these secret santa's young lady! Thanks for the letter and I very well may "spread the madness" next year! *insert evil laugh*

LittleSin

LittleSin

Yaaay! This makes me EXTRA happy.

I hope my letter wasn't too much but I found it all to be hilarious.

Espy

Espy

To much?

Is there such a thing?!?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yes.

...but not in this thread!

--Patrick

BananaHands

BananaHands

I GOT IT!!!!

Whats this? A super awesomely wrapped package for lil ol me?
View attachment 3879
Inside is a sweet Lil Sin original painting!!!
View attachment 3880
AWESOME THUMBS UP
View attachment 3881

Thanks so much Sin, between this and the cd's you really proved to be a awesome Secret Santa. Thanks so much!
GODDAMN, sweet beard.

Espy

Espy

GODDAMN, sweet beard.
OH WORLD, ENVY MY BEARD.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I think the real question here is, where the hell are you going to put my picture, Dave?

Gusto

Gusto

In his locker. :)

phil

phil

I have a notice that there's something for me at the post office!

WHAT ON EARTH COULD IT BE?!?

Also, to the person who I got, LET IT BE KNOWN THAT YOU ONLY HAVE PART ONE! part two is on it's way, though probably won't get there until January apparently because buying something from a UK vendor during christmas time is kind of a bad idea? WHO KNEW?

Dave

Dave

I think the real question here is, where the hell are you going to put my picture, Dave?
It's on my desk here at work.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

God I hope you're not lying to me. That would be the most awesome thing EVER.

Dave

Dave

Looking at it right now.

"To whom it may concern...Merry X-Mas! -Christopher"

Party hat & all. When people ask me about it I say it's a guy I know from the internet. Have we ever met? Nope. Spoken? Nope.

:devil:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Dave's co-workers have long-since stopped asking awkward questions about his on-line relationships.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Next year I'll send the one of me on the bear-skin rug ;)

drifter

drifter

Next year I'll send the one of me on the bear-skin rug ;)

Note to self: join next year's Secret Santa

Cajungal

Cajungal

Note to self: join next year's Secret Santa
Then bribe steiny.
Added at: 14:48
I also want to add that you guys are just so wonderful. This is a truly special place. Most of us have never met in real life, but we can still organize this and celebrate together in such a fun way. I am so glad that I logged into Halfpixel years ago out of boredom. I don't exactly remember the exchange between Edrondol and Calleja that convinced me to stay, but I'm so happy that I did!
Merry Christmas to all of you, thank you Steinman for organizing this, and thanks to all of you for the good times and fond memories!

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

WOO! Came home yesterday to find a delivery notice. I'm going to the post office today to pick up my parcel. I'll open it tomorrow morning and I'll post the pics later on during the week. Thank you my Secret Santa my gift arrived in time for Christmas!

strawman

strawman

I have a notice that there's something for me at the post office!
WOO! Came home yesterday to find a delivery notice.
If those were indeed the secret santa gifts, then (unless I've made a mistake) that concludes this year's secret santa!

Woo!

If you sent a gift and have NOT received a gift, please PM me!

Thank you again to everyone who participated!

Terrik

Terrik

Erm oh yeah, I also forgot to post pictures.

Tress

Tress

So I opened my gift... and forgot to take pictures. Sorry!

Inside the package I found:
Thanks PatrThom! I feel as though I have been thoroughly Michigan'd. And those books should keep me busy for a while.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Oh, dammit, so freakin' jelly, Tress! I've been hunting for those books FOREVER, but never known the author's name - I was loaned the first a LONG time ago by my aunt, and subsequently forgot the author's name.

*hurries to update his Amazon list*

PatrThom

PatrThom

What, Tress? No note? I tried to include something explaining the why behind each choice.
Also...
LET IT BE KNOWN THAT YOU ONLY HAVE PART ONE!
Hey now, what's this on my doorstep?
box.jpg
I already got my shipment from Newegg*, so what could it be?
boxbott.jpg
What's this? A Customs form, origin UK?
Hmm...the writing on it is intriguing. It says..."2x chocolate - 705g"
Let's get this sucker open. A quick trip to the dishwasher, and...
bags.jpg
Oh...
reveal.jpg
Oh my...someone appears to have done their homework.
1, 2, 3, 4,...19, 19-and-a-half? Hmm, one appears to have been partially lost in unpacking**.
hashbars.jpg
Sorry for the delay posting this second half, Phil. This is what happens when you have a retail job and a 2yr-old during the Holidays.

--Patrick
*Replacement PSU for computer I built for Dad in 2003. Everything else still running fine, just PSU failed due to only one vacuuming in 8yrs of being left on 8-18hr/day.
**I think I'm down to only 7 remaining as of this post.

Tress

Tress

Oh, I got the note. I totally understood why each item was chosen. I loved the gift, I didn't think I needed to share more than that. :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

So many others were saying Amazon ate their notes, I just wanted to make sure they didn't eat yours.

--Patrick

phil

phil

So sorry I'm late to post mine! I picked it up last week but have been sick and or working so time has gotten away from me.

What in the....

Oooooohhh....

BAD. ASS.

I shall honor my ancestors in the next rain.

I need to get a message board....

And a giant robot! Can't wait to read!

This man knows me too well....

Chibs for president 2012!

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

DSCF0439.JPG
DSCF0439.JPG
DSCF0444.JPG
DSCF0445.JPG
DSCF0439.JPG
DSCF0444.JPG
DSCF0445.JPG
DSCF0439.JPG
DSCF0444.JPG
DSCF0445.JPG
DSCF0446.JPG

Sorry, it has taken me sooo long to upload my Secret Santa pics, but I was having computer problems which are finally fixed thank goodness.

Of course the very first gift I had to open was my Secret Santa gift. I had picked it up at the post office on Christmas Eve and spent the entire night trying to figure out what goodies lay inside... After much struggling, I finally got the package open and to my very high pitched squeeing in glee I found make up a mini make up bag and Vegemite! I've never heard of it and you can't apparently get it any where in Canada which I think is awesome unless when I finally get around to trying it and I find out I love it and can't find it anywhere. LOL

A BIG THANKS to my Secret Santa, I LOVE my gift. :D

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Vegemite, Foodstuff of champions.
Let me know what you think of the taste, most people call aussies stupid for eating it. Vegemite and cheese sandwhiches are a staple of my diet. Although people do look at me funny when I start eating chicken cheese and vegemite. Then they call me weird when I east it out of the jar with a spoon.

Glad you like it, I wasn't sure what to get you at first. Been nervously awaiting your post since I sent it

PatrThom

PatrThom

Vegemite/Marmite are certainly famous for their flavor. Just remember that even if you don't like the taste, you can always use a little to amp up the flavor of pot roast, meat loaf, and other rich, beef-heavy dishes.

--Patrick