[Other] Hey Gas Bandit

GasBandit

Staff member
Thanks.

I don't feel like posting much these days, but I do still come and read stuff periodically. It kinda helps to lurk, I guess. It helps my mind process that the world has not stopped, and unlike being in a group in person, here I can listen to people talk without them feeling uncomfortable about my sensibilities (because who dares levity in the presence of the bereaved?).

I'm also back at work, because the absolute last thing I need right now is to be sitting at home, marinating in a sea of reminders. Really, going home at the end of the day is the worst, now. Used to be I couldn't wait to get out of the office. Now I find excuses to stay later.

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to move.

I know almost exactly how you feel, man. It's been 10 weeks and most of the time I still feel in some state of shock.

So...the only thing I've learned in 10 weeks is processing takes time.

Thanks.

I don't feel like posting much these days, but I do still come and read stuff periodically. It kinda helps to lurk, I guess. It helps my mind process that the world has not stopped, and unlike being in a group in person, here I can listen to people talk without them feeling uncomfortable about my sensibilities (because who dares levity in the presence of the bereaved?).
Fuck that imma make you laugh.

Maybe I should have gone with something more light-hearted? I dunno, it's the first thing I found that cracked me up.

I'm starting to think I'm going to have to move.
That's one way people cope. Keep some stuff though.

Remember you have support. If only from a weird corner of the internet, but hopefully more than that too.

I don't know how supportive this really came out? Damnit. Oh well, hope you're doing better, if only incrementally.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I can't even.. Ten million hugs from me. Your post made me cry, man.. There's nothing I can say, so I'll just say I'm sorry, and you and she both deserved more.

Having someone you love being taken from you forever is just one big wretched paralyzing pile of nightmarish suckyness right on your chest. On top of that you gotta take care of the funeral and all the other practical stuff. Then there is sometimes that strange feeling that you are erasing and betraying them by doing all that stuff. I don't have anything to offer other than I'm sorry and try to stay brave!

GasBandit

Staff member
Welp, now my subconscious has decided to punish me again. Had another dream about her last night but instead of being a sad escape this one was practically a nightmare of accusation and recrimination, with her telling me she was leaving me because of something (nonspecific) that I'd done, and me begging her not to go. And, of course in true dream cliche territory, I was completely unable to stop her. I guess I am paying for the one day without abject misery, with interest.

Dude. Don't beat yourself up over it. Focus on the good times and fun times. That's what you were telling her to do, especially in regards to her past. You were the best thing for her, and she for you. Celebrate that.

GasBandit

Staff member
Dude. Don't beat yourself up over it. Focus on the good times and fun times. That's what you were telling her to do, especially in regards to her past. You were the best thing for her, and she for you. Celebrate that.
That's what I tell myself. But when I go to sleep and the hindbrain takes over, "reason" isn't exactly always on the menu.

I don't know if you've done so already, and I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest it, but talking to a therapist might be useful for you.

That's what I tell myself. But when I go to sleep and the hindbrain takes over, "reason" isn't exactly always on the menu.
In a way, you should feel good about this. You have cultivated your brain's auto-skill so well that it will even automatically troll yourself!
Admittedly, it's like congratulating yourself because you punch yourself in the face so effectively, but you gotta admire that kind of dedication.

--Patrick

In a way, you should feel good about this. You have cultivated your brain's auto-skill so well that it will even automatically troll yourself!
Admittedly, it's like congratulating yourself because you punch yourself in the face so effectively, but you gotta admire that kind of dedication.

--Patrick
Dammit, it's too early for jokes about this. where he can see it.

--Patrick
Well... That was a dick post.

...while at the same time giving you a bit of armor against future occurrences.
It was a risky shot, but I took it.

--Patrick