[Gaming] Heroes of the Storm hype thread - Now Fully Released

Do you mean Run and Gun? It's completely a normal tactic to jump into bushes with it. If you're referring to overkill, that's impossible as you can't be targeted directly in stealth or in the bushes. I'm not saying that it's not possible to have someone using a maphack against you, but many tactics for flushing out people in hiding spots have been around since alpha. Any skill shot can be directed into an area where you think someone may be hiding.
No, I don't mean someone coming into the bushes, discovering me, and then starting to shoot at me. I mean someone who runs from somewhere quite far away directly towards my position until they get within firing range. Definitely not any kind of "I'll just pop into these bushes and see if I find anything," but making a direct beeline towards my exact location.

--Patrick

No, I don't mean someone coming into the bushes, discovering me, and then starting to shoot at me. I mean someone who runs from somewhere quite far away directly towards my position until they get within firing range. Definitely not any kind of "I'll just pop into these bushes and see if I find anything," but making a direct beeline towards my exact location.

--Patrick
Not hiding in bushes by a watchtower? Or enemy didn't have a farsight or scout drone talent character? Or enemy Abathur?

Not hiding in bushes by a watchtower? Or enemy didn't have a farsight or scout drone talent character? Or enemy Abathur?
When that happens, you usually get the red eye graphic over your head to let you know you've been revealed (or no eye to let you know that you are not hidden).
I don't remember seeing the red eye (just the white one indicating "stealthed").
I don't have the replay (auto-save is turned off) and I didn't think to save it, but I'll be sure to do so if it happens more often.

--Patrick

--Patrick
Again, I'd be more apt to attribute this to knowing maps and areas where people usually hide. I know that there are some areas where I always know to go to find people hiding away. Also, the red eye only appears if you've been tagged by something that directly allows vision to the enemy team like Tyrande's mark.

I'm not saying map hacks don't exist, because they totally do, but I want to make sure that people aren't automatically jumping to that conclusion when people are actually using their knowledge and skill.

Well, I've played exactly ONE game against/with real humans so far, so we'll see if it becomes a trend (now that I know what to look for after the fact).

--Patrick

Anyone have any interest in a team league team? I'd like to do some ranked but I think having a team is more fun.

I would be interested in having some intelligent teammates as well, though it's gonna take me a while to climb to 40. I haven't been able to play more than an hour or so this entire +100% weekend.

--Patrick

It has been confirmed that the maphack allows players to use targeted abilities through the fog of war. You can see an example in this clip. The replay is following the butcher's POV, and he uses charge on falstad while not having vision on him.

Reddit is saying that what happened is that the butcher selected him for the charge with the limited vision he had, then it went off when the butcher was in range of it. Most likely a bug I'd imagine.

It conveniently doesn't show Falstad when the charge is initiated. Also, Falstad is there on the minimap, clear as day when the charge is initiated.

It conveniently doesn't show Falstad when the charge is initiated. Also, Falstad is there on the minimap, clear as day when the charge is initiated.
Falstad doesn't appear on the minimap until the butcher's charge animation begins. That's when the butcher puts a mark over the target (which grants vision) and starts to charge. Prior to that, the only time vision of Falstad is had is when he briefly moves past the wall. Though, if you watch the Butcher's skillbar, you can see the charge icon grey out during that brief moment of vision, making it appear that the butcher then auto-pathed until in-range and then started the skill.

So the question then is whether or not the butcher will continue moving ahead to get in range even after having lost vision of the target. If so, then that's obviously a bug.

So, Leoric is out. Played a quick bot game with him. Trying to figure out how to use his E ability. At first glance, it appears to be an escape, but it's the opposite, it's to chase down or initiate.

His death mechanic is interesting, you are able to roam freely while dead, and you can still apply slows, so you're essentially immortal with intermittent losses in your ability to damage. I'm not sure if enemies can see you while dead or not. I assume so, or there could be some serious back door shenanigans with him.

So, Leoric is out. Played a quick bot game with him. Trying to figure out how to use his E ability. At first glance, it appears to be an escape, but it's the opposite, it's to chase down or initiate.
It can also be an escape, since the shade can walk through anything. Your body you leave behind still takes damage, but the talent that makes you take reduced damage during helps to negate that.

Also, I found out that while you are unstoppable and cannot be stunned out of it, Zagara's maw cast on your body will still eat you and cancel it, and I assume void prison will as well.

So, I decided to move the hero league because I figured I'd get people who are better at the game and at the very least more seasoned seeing as you have to be level 40 before even unlocking it.

HELL NO. The teams I've been stuck with have been the scrubbiest of scrubs, with at least one person leaving the game in the middle of it in each match. They're not soaking lanes at the start, solo chasing kills, ignoring objectives.... just a horrible experience for me. At least in QM that's not my general experience, but in league it's been EVERY SINGE GAME.

New Heroes and a new map announced.

We already knew the monk was coming. His name is officially Kharazim.
New heroes to follow are Rexxar and Artanis, two heroes that I know people have been clamoring for.

Still no Deckard Cain yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1438796058,1438795901][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Screw you, Blizzard for putting Overwatch on my Bnet client and not having me in the beta.

So excited for Artanis. I think a double plasma blade zealot would be just about the coolest thing to play.

Also pretty excited that Rexxar is a ranged warrior. If it works out well it could open some cool doors. But of course one of his ultimates is to summon huffer

So excited for Artanis. I think a double plasma blade zealot would be just about the coolest thing to play.

Also pretty excited that Rexxar is a ranged warrior. If it works out well it could open some cool doors. But of course one of his ultimates is to summon huffer
His ultimate should be GO FOR FACE!

Yeah. It helps that you already know the basic concept of lane pushing and such.
There are a few things to keep in mind when transitioning from LoL or DOTA.

1) Heroes of the Storm is a team focused game. XP is shared between the whole team, so there is no solo snowballing to outlevel everyone else and roll over the enemy.

2) Never ignore objectives. Every map has a mechanic that you need to become familiar with. This is probably the biggest difference between HOTS and all other MOBA style games. If your team ignores these objectives and just chases kills, you will lose the game, plain and simple.

3) early game XP farming. Until level 10, for the most part, stay in all three lanes. You just need to be near minions for your whole team to get XP for their death, so the best way to get to 10 first is not to chase kills, it's to farm your lane and pick safe kills as they come.

Like Bowie says in point 1 above, it is (generally) dangerous to go alone. There are certain specific reasons why you might want to run off and go all maverick, but if you are not doing one of those, going YOLO is a great way to get yourself killed and thereby give the opposing team a big chunk of XP for doing so. As you(r team) levels up, you more and more become a juicy piñata full of XP, and the opposing team will very much enjoy working to catch you alone and harvest it.

--Patrick