[Gaming] Heroes of the Storm hype thread - Now Fully Released

Not really sure if this is the appropriate place for this but my battlenet name is Faraltz#1487. I haven't played too much, and only vs ai for now but I've been enjoying it so far.

I'm...21 I think?
I think I probably play 3-5 matches per day. I try to level another hero to level 5 each day or two.
Why does Li-Li suck so much with AI teammates? Whyyyyyy?
--Patrick

30 day stimpacks were on sale for 5 bucks, plus there's an EXP boost for the rest of the month so we could all get there in no time, really. I just dinged 34 today.

I'm...21 I think?
I think I probably play 3-5 matches per day. I try to level another hero to level 5 each day or two.
Why does Li-Li suck so much with AI teammates? Whyyyyyy?
--Patrick
Most supports are best at... well, support, meaning you need a team behind you to help you.

Though, if you want to play against AI, why not play with actual people? Even the worst are going to be better than your bots.

The VS AI bot teammates are the worst. I can't win a game in VS AI with all AI teammates. Even when I ping them all to follow me around they still don't actually do it. The enemy was on our core so I ran back to defend while they took an objective, so I got killed in a 1v5 while they were still walking over. After I died they just went back to the objective while our core was at like 20% and falling.

The only time outside of my first week or two where I've lost in VS AI is because our sonja was under the impression that "the curse is a crutch" so she never left her lane even while the enemy team was on our core.

I'm starting to think a friend of mine isn't as good as I thought he was. He seems to have tendency to go off on his own a lot when we should be grouping up, especially if he disagrees with whatever play someone called. I get that it sucks for someone to make a bad play call but still though, better to go as a team and maybe make it work than separate out and get ganked.

I also wish he wouldn't argue with nay-sayers quite so much. Again I get that it sucks for people to be calling GG early or chastise the team for doing something they disagreed with (like getting a sure thing kill in mines instead of going strait for big skull camps) but just ignore or give a quick reason for why we did what we did! We don't have to get into big arguments about it.

I'm starting to think a friend of mine isn't as good as I thought he was. He seems to have tendency to go off on his own a lot when we should be grouping up, especially if he disagrees with whatever play someone called. I get that it sucks for someone to make a bad play call but still though, better to go as a team and maybe make it work than separate out and get ganked.

I also wish he wouldn't argue with nay-sayers quite so much. Again I get that it sucks for people to be calling GG early or chastise the team for doing something they disagreed with (like getting a sure thing kill in mines instead of going strait for big skull camps) but just ignore or give a quick reason for why we did what we did! We don't have to get into big arguments about it.
Yeah, HotS is very much a team game, and you have to commit to the team, even if you disagree with their tactic. Better to all commit to a bad plan than go it alone on a good one.

There is really no such thing as a "carry" in Heroes of the Storm.
It's very difficult if the other team has any sort of skill at all.
Just like it's probable suicide for any one team member to try and "go it alone" without some specific tactic in mind.

--Patrick

So, looks like Monk and Skeleton King are confirmed. New map looks interesting.

Also, suck it whoever told me I was wrong about Butcher and Leoric being new heroes during blizzcon. :p

So, servers are a total lagfest right now. I've never seen it this bad. Hard to get out a precision strike when you have a lag spike. Speaking of which, I LOOOOOVE imposing presence against a Nova because everyone takes the talent that increases attack but makes it slower. If she can't take me out in one ambush, she's not taking me down. Of course, it only really works if other heroes on the team rely on auto attack damage.

I always take the talent that increases attack speed and distance.
I mean, I can take on entire mercenary camps solo with the DH that way.

--Patrick

I played a few bot matches on the PTR on the new map. Looks like it's going to be interesting. Lots of hidey holes for Abathur and Murky.

Conjecture is that the map will be released tuesday.

I played a few bot matches on the PTR on the new map. Looks like it's going to be interesting. Lots of hidey holes for Abathur and Murky.

Conjecture is that the map will be released tuesday.
The actual play servers are currently down. No one can play. Too many Murkys.

Butcher feels WAAAAY overpowered, like Thrall when he was first released overpowered.
The Butcher isn't that bad if you cc him. He's actually very squishy, he only feels like beastmode because he can brand a target and get huge health regen by attacking them. All you have to do is wait for the brand and then CC. If he can't attack, he can't heal.

The Butcher isn't that bad if you cc him. He's actually very squishy, he only feels like beastmode because he can brand a target and get huge health regen by attacking them. All you have to do is wait for the brand and then CC. If he can't attack, he can't heal.
Yeah, I'm seeing his weaknesses now. He is also kinda useless if he doesn't have stacks of fresh meat.

Omigoodness but support characters are SO much more useful and fun to play when the rest of your team is made up of real people and not bots.

--Patrick

Welp, maphacks are officially a thing now. And since they're never been able to get rid of them in sc2, and this uses the same engine, it's likely not going away.

Welp, maphacks are officially a thing now. And since they're never been able to get rid of them in sc2, and this uses the same engine, it's likely not going away.
This might explain why I've seen people run up to me and shoot me even when I'm hiding in the weeds even when I was pretty sure I didn't have the red eye graphic over me.

--Patrick

This might explain why I've seen people run up to me and shoot me even when I'm hiding in the weeds even when I was pretty sure I didn't have the red eye graphic over me.

--Patrick
Weeeelllll.... I blind shot into weeds all the time because I know people hide in them.

I'd never suspected it but then again I have a hard time following movement all the time. The video posted had some pretty damning evidence though so now I'm worried that people are going to be paranoid about it.

Yeah, I'm talking things like having a Tychus char just run up and start winding up the minigun on me, not area stuff.

--Patrick
Do you mean Run and Gun? It's completely a normal tactic to jump into bushes with it. If you're referring to overkill, that's impossible as you can't be targeted directly in stealth or in the bushes. I'm not saying that it's not possible to have someone using a maphack against you, but many tactics for flushing out people in hiding spots have been around since alpha. Any skill shot can be directed into an area where you think someone may be hiding.