[Question] Help me squash a tumblr bug

I've been having issues with search results on my tumblr dashboard for several weeks now. I can replicate it on every browser on every machine I have, at home or at work. It goes like this:

Type a query into the search bar. (one does not need a tumblr account to test this.)

Get search results (not tagged. "search" should be in the URL).

Look for a result with multiple images. A box with a number should be in the lower right hand corner of that item.

Hover the mouse over the first image. There should be a slideshow of all the other images. In my case, they are all blank.

If you left click on the blank image, the correct image should display. That works.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, and IE on my Win7 desktop at home. Firefox and Chromium on multiple laptops running Arch Linux at home and at work. Firefox on the front desk computer at work. Safari on my iPad running iOS 8. I've got Comcast at home, Lumos at work for ISP. OpenDNS on the desktop at home, and VyprVPN on laptops and the home desktop.

Without someone else somewhere else replicating these results, I'm at a loss to explain what's going on.

Hm, interesting. Got that same issue. If there's a number on the bottom, as soon as your mouse hovers over it, it turns white, then flashes for a second, then white again, and repeats until you've "gone through" the X number of slides.

Hm, interesting. Got that same issue. If there's a number on the bottom, as soon as your mouse hovers over it, it turns white, then flashes for a second, then white again, and repeats until you've "gone through" the X number of slides.
It used to be a slideshow of the images in the set. But now I know it's not just me and not just here.