[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

Finja pulled me into fatigue. Although something funny happened. I was so close to coming back from Reno; the guy had only 2 health left, but I only had Leeroy in my hand, a Divine Favor, and an empty deck. He had a full hand, and a taunt minion out. There was no recovering.

So I committed suicide by Divine Hand. Drew Fatigue cards until I had drawn as many as my opponent had cards--went from somewhere in the middle of my health to -30.

At this point I'm wishing I'd spent the 1600 crafting Tirion Fordring. Not that he'd help my murloc deck much, but it just seems like a good pally card to have.

Finja pulled me into fatigue. Although something funny happened. I was so close to coming back from Reno; the guy had only 2 health left, but I only had Leeroy in my hand, a Divine Favor, and an empty deck. He had a full hand, and a taunt minion out. There was no recovering.

So I committed suicide by Divine Hand. Drew Fatigue cards until I had drawn as many as my opponent had cards--went from somewhere in the middle of my health to -30.

At this point I'm wishing I'd spent the 1600 crafting Tirion Fordring. Not that he'd help my murloc deck much, but it just seems like a good pally card to have.
On one hand, spending your limited dust on a card that can only be used in one class might not be as valuable as spending it on neutral cards that can go into any deck.

On the other hand, Tirion is one of the best class legendaries there are. I might even argue the best.

I can see why people like burglar rogue. The randomness can be a lot of fun. I got my opponent's LoE legendary that shuffles Map to the Golden Monkey into my deck. Then I drew the map. Then I drew the monkey; he had yet to even draw the map.

Then I played the monkey.

I can see why people like burglar rogue. The randomness can be a lot of fun. I got my opponent's LoE legendary that shuffles Map to the Golden Monkey into my deck. Then I drew the map. Then I drew the monkey; he had yet to even draw the map.

Then I played the monkey.
And the rest was all legend.

Sadly, Elise is leaving standard in a couple months with the new set, but she's super fun

figmentPez

Staff member
I thought LoE came out after BRM? Wouldn't that be first to go?
The Standard format gets rid of a whole year's worth of content at a time. When the next Standard year starts (with the release of the first new content this year) everything that came out in 2015 will be gone. That's BRM, TGT, and LoE.

The Standard format gets rid of a whole year's worth of content at a time. When the next Standard year starts (with the release of the first new content this year) everything that came out in 2015 will be gone. That's BRM, TGT, and LoE.
That seems drastic if they're going to be releasing only the next adventure. They'd be tossing nearly 160 cards out of standard to bring in around 45.

Trying to make as chaotic a priest deck as I can. It started out with a silence deck, which was annoying, but much of the deck consisted of the usual health boost to attack boost type of priest stuff. So I threw in some copy cards, stealing cards and Yogg-Sarron for good measure.

Work in progress

It's not competitive, but it's fun. Definitely needs tweaking; I feel like there's more I can be doing.

Just try not to do the ending one like he does.
I've wanted to put together a sort of "what's yours is mine" deck, but just don't have anywhere near the cards I would need to do so.

--Patrick

Just try not to do the ending one like he does.
I've wanted to put together a sort of "what's yours is mine" deck, but just don't have anywhere near the cards I would need to do so.

--Patrick
He should've gotten Cairne killed; the creature spawned by the deathrattle would've stayed with him.

You should try this one!

Like PatrThom, I also don't have some of those cards, although I do like the idea of using Pint-size Potion and Potion of Madness, so I'll definitely tweak that into the deck.

I've altered the deck to having no duplicates in case I pull out Reno or Kazakis from someone else.

Ended up with three of a guy's C'Thun.

Unrelated but awesome: I opened some packs figuring I'd just get some dust. Not even a good amount--40 duster, 40 duster. Got to the final pack and open up friggin Tirion Fordring!! :D I can't honestly say that healed my back injury, but I sure can say it hyperbolically.

Decided to throw together what's become the standard shaman deck that everybody seems pissed about and yet so many people play it.

And yeah, it's OP. Without practicing with it, and with bad opening hands and screwing up, and not even having certain key cards, I won all but one match. It'll be crippled when Tunnel Trogg and Totem Golem rotate out, but I think it'll still have an advantage over many decks.

I thought next would be an Adventure, but it makes more sense to start each year with an expansion since a bunch of cards get removed. Looking forward to this. Time to start saving up on gold.

I thought next would be an Adventure, but it makes more sense to start each year with an expansion since a bunch of cards get removed. Looking forward to this. Time to start saving up on gold.
They never do two adventures in a row.

Sorry, it's generally expansion, expansion, adventure is what I meant. Or expansion, adventure, expansion per year, if you want to order it that way.

Sorry, it's generally expansion, expansion, adventure is what I meant. Or expansion, adventure, expansion per year, if you want to order it that way.
I'm just going to look it up so I know what I'm talking about ... you know, instead of the usual.

Okay, here we go.

Naxxramas July
Goblins vs Gnomes December

BRM April
The Grand Tournament August
League of Explorers November

Old Gods April
Karazhin August
Gadgetzan December

So seems they've been trading back and forth since the start, but if the video and Reddit are correct, going forward they'll adopt the 2016 model of expansion, adventure, expansion. I only thought it'd be opposite because that's the makeup of the 2015 cards that are rotating out.

I'm just going to look it up so I know what I'm talking about ... you know, instead of the usual.

Okay, here we go.

Naxxramas July
Goblins vs Gnomes December

BRM April
The Grand Tournament August
League of Explorers November

Old Gods April
Karazhin August
Gadgetzan December

So seems they've been trading back and forth since the start, but if the video and Reddit are correct, going forward they'll adopt the 2016 model of expansion, adventure, expansion. I only thought it'd be opposite because that's the makeup of the 2015 cards that are rotating out.
2016 is when they changed things and introduced standard format. Starting with that (and Old Gods) they adopted a new strategy to release expansion - adventure - expansion every year, and so far they've stuck with it. They could of course decide to change it if they chose, but this is the model they're using for now.

2016 is when they changed things and introduced standard format. Starting with that (and Old Gods) they adopted a new strategy to release expansion - adventure - expansion every year, and so far they've stuck with it. They could of course decide to change it if they chose, but this is the model they're using for now.
So far? It's been one year :p. But I'm sure that's the way it's going since they'll make more money that way.

They'll always release them fast enough to ensure that people who don't buy packs with real money can't keep up with all the good cards.

--Patrick

They'll always release them fast enough to ensure that people who don't buy packs with real money can't keep up with all the good cards.

--Patrick
Assuming classic set remains evergreen, there are at least a few competitive decks that use only classic cards

Assuming classic set remains evergreen, there are at least a few competitive decks that use only classic cards
I suppose that depends on your definition of competitive. I agree that used to be true, but the meta is so fast now that most classic cards are too slow.

most classic cards are too slow.
I think the idea for the game's default gameplay was originally, "Hold the board until you can bring your gamewinners into play," but this has since evolved into, "overwhelm your opponent by whatever means necessary."

--Patrick

Yogg-Saron handed me this last match. Filled my board with minions, buffed the ones in my hand, gave me the opponent's Reno. By that far in the game, I'd used up any duplicates, so he was good to go. I figured, might as well, and threw him onto the board.

I did not notice that one of the minions Yogg had summoned was an Auchenai Soulpriest. "Your cards and powers that restore Health now deal damage instead."

:Leyla: