[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

I thought people were exaggerating about Dark Peddler; I thought, how good can it be? Well damn, the cards you can wind up with from there can turn matches around or give you the bonus needed for a finishing push. I climbed three ranks tonight. Probably only lost 2 out of 9 games, which feels so weird.
Dark peddler is also a staple in renolock, as it can give you a second copy of power overwhelming, which is part of a pretty big burst combo of Leeroy, power overwhelming (x2 if you have it) and faceless. 28 points instant face damage, though requires a Thaurrisan tick to cast (or coin with just one PO)[DOUBLEPOST=1484307164,1484307088][/DOUBLEPOST]Basically any card that gives you more cards is pretty good

Basically any card that gives you more cards is pretty good
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss.....

Every game may start out mana-locked, but once you get >= 7 mana, you start to become more limited by the number of cards in your hand than your mana supply (except when playing cards like Anubarak/Malorne). This is why cards like Kel'Thuzad are such a huge factor, since they basically allow you to "cast" > 10 mana worth of stuff per turn.

--Patrick

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssss.....

Every game may start out mana-locked, but once you get >= 7 mana, you start to become more limited by the number of cards in your hand than your mana supply (except when playing cards like Anubarak/Malorne). This is why cards like Kel'Thuzad are such a huge factor, since they basically allow you to "cast" > 10 mana worth of stuff per turn.

--Patrick
Do you mean Kun? Kel hasn't been relevant in awhile, even in wild (though he's still fun)

It appears my competitive spirit has awoken because I'm still annoyed about a loss this morning. I had the match in the bag, but a couple dumb mistakes left me open. I kinda blame yesterday's success rate, because one match I made a couple similar mistakes, yet still pulled off a win, so I didn't learn anything except "wow, that was lucky!"

Fucking hell, I'm downloading WoW so I can get a fucking Hearthstone fucking hero portrait. Something is fucking wrong with me.

And wow, WoW is now 40 gigs.

Fucking hell, I'm downloading WoW so I can get a fucking Hearthstone fucking hero portrait. Something is fucking wrong with me.

And wow, WoW is now 40 gigs.
WoW still remains the only Blizzard game I haven't downloaded/played (aside from "Lost Vikings")

--Patrick

To make my Saturday efforts have been worthwhile, I'm building a Paladin deck. The one that looked most fun for me is the aggro Murloc deck with all the new Gadgetzan fixins.

Boy that's a lot of epics I don't have.

If anyone wants to watch a huge video on Kibler's opinion of the state of the game, here ya go.

And this is the Q&A he's referencing.

Rank 15! :D

Didn't proceed so much today because my wife and I spent a good part of the afternoon sparring. We want to help each other get better, but each of us feels bad when we beat the other, so it's slow going. Only trying our best will lead to any improvement.

Mages with Reno and Ice Block are fucking me up mentally, making me so cautious not to push until I can guarantee lethal that I'm now losing games I would've won had I been as aggressive as I usually am.

So new goal is to learn different approaches for different classes.

This 10 card deck brawl is my jam.

I see a lot of people trying to abuse it with Rogue's backstab, auctioneer, Druid's with jade, etc; but nothing compares to Sorcerer's Apprentice, cheap spells, and Arcane Giant. I'm getting 10 gold in 10 minutes, easy.

Two amusing quirks came up:

1. Opponent kept using Ambush on me. While that did put the card into my deck, since you get to choose one of three each time you draw, I was never going to pick the card that handed my opponent a 4/4.
2. The Hunter card Tracking destroys your deck. It literally throws those cards away in a brawl where you're supposed to have an infinite supply. After enough uses, you can't draw cards anymore, but you can't draw Fatigue either. You're pulling at infinite nothing.

Beneath the Grounds both limits your choices and also fucks up people who are using Kazakus and Reno.

Another fun card to use is Deathlord because it will end up pulling all of your opponents minions out of their deck.

You can reroll daily quests?!

I didn't know that. Was doing 40 gold quests like a chump. Of course, it's easier to win 3 games as any class than win 5 as a class you're not great with, but still.

And you can split across quests.
So it's often worth it to do your quests once every two-three days, just so you can maximize double- or even triple-dipping.

--Patrick

MURLOCS!

I've made a pally murloc deck and I love it. It doesn't win as much as my Zoolock deck, but every win is a blast. I almost feel bad at times because it really looks like the other person has the game in the bag and then Divine Favor, out comes a bunch of shit. Leeroy's a big help. I might throw in Sylvanas since I got her in a card pack last night.

I think I'm done with Gadgetzan packs. Not only is it pretty much just opening dust, but the classic packs seem to yield better output. Example, out of 10 classic packs last night, I got 6 epics. Gadgetzan, out of 10 packs, 1 epic, 3 of one rare, 3 of another rare. I read somewhere that the packs lean toward giving you gang-aligned cards, and that seems likely. So I'll probably aim for just classic packs from here on out. I'm also a little salty because I only needed one Small Time Recruits, which I crafted last night, and that was the 1 epic I got today :p.

My wife has the uncanny luck of getting frequent golden cards. Probably one in every three packs she opens, there's at least one golden card. Yesterday she opened a pack with a golden after two other packs that each had a golden, said "That'll be the last golden." Then opened the next pack and got two goldens. I'd be dusting them left and right, but she wants to keep her pretties.

MURLOCS!

I've made a pally murloc deck and I love it. It doesn't win as much as my Zoolock deck, but every win is a blast. I almost feel bad at times because it really looks like the other person has the game in the bag and then Divine Favor, out comes a bunch of shit. Leeroy's a big help. I might throw in Sylvanas since I got her in a card pack last night.

I think I'm done with Gadgetzan packs. Not only is it pretty much just opening dust, but the classic packs seem to yield better output. Example, out of 10 classic packs last night, I got 6 epics. Gadgetzan, out of 10 packs, 1 epic, 3 of one rare, 3 of another rare. I read somewhere that the packs lean toward giving you gang-aligned cards, and that seems likely. So I'll probably aim for just classic packs from here on out. I'm also a little salty because I only needed one Small Time Recruits, which I crafted last night, and that was the 1 epic I got today :p.

My wife has the uncanny luck of getting frequent golden cards. Probably one in every three packs she opens, there's at least one golden card. Yesterday she opened a pack with a golden after two other packs that each had a golden, said "That'll be the last golden." Then opened the next pack and got two goldens. I'd be dusting them left and right, but she wants to keep her pretties.
Rare distribution is the same regardless of kind of pack you buy, so that you're seeing more rare cards in classic packs is just statistical luck. On the first day of the Mean Streets expansion, there was a bug that caused gang-cards, specifically tri-class gang cards, to appear more often, but that was patched within the first day.

Okay, Finja SUCKS for a Murloc deck, and there's zero reason to have the card besides a Murloc deck, so what the fuck?

It's not that I can't get him to kill things, it's that when he summons Murlocs from doing so, they don't have their Battlecry. That's a big problem when so many of the Murlocs in the deck have a Battlecry that justifies their presence. I suppose it could work out if he killed more than one thing, thus filling out the board with Murlocs, but that's an unlikely circumstance when he has a tough time killing in the first place. Leeroy Jenkins has been a better aid to the Murloc cause than Finja.

Okay, Finja SUCKS for a Murloc deck, and there's zero reason to have the card besides a Murloc deck, so what the fuck?

It's not that I can't get him to kill things, it's that when he summons Murlocs from doing so, they don't have their Battlecry. That's a big problem when so many of the Murlocs in the deck have a Battlecry that justifies their presence. I suppose it could work out if he killed more than one thing, thus filling out the board with Murlocs, but that's an unlikely circumstance when he has a tough time killing in the first place. Leeroy Jenkins has been a better aid to the Murloc cause than Finja.
So, for example, an Anyfin Can Happen deck is all about how fast you can play and kill your Murloc Warleaders and Bluegill Warriors, and you don't really use the other murlocs. For the most part, the battlecry cards are used for their battlecry, and not because they are murlocs (unless someone is trying to finish a quest)

So, for example, an Anyfin Can Happen deck is all about how fast you can play and kill your Murloc Warleaders and Bluegill Warriors, and you don't really use the other murlocs. For the most part, the battlecry cards are used for their battlecry, and not because they are murlocs (unless someone is trying to finish a quest)
I mean, if they're on the board I'm going to use them, but yeah, I only want that seer card to give my existing Murlocs +2 health; it's not necessary that it hangs around past that. Finja just zorps that into the battle where it sits much less useful than it would've been.

But Anyfin assumes the game lasts to turn 10 (or 9 and a coin). I figured the idea of an aggro deck was to cut to the chase before things got that far. Finja doesn't really offer much help there. I know aggro murlocs can't normally compete against aggro pirates unless RNG favors the murlocs, but they're still fun to play.

I mean, if they're on the board I'm going to use them, but yeah, I only want that seer card to give my existing Murlocs +2 health; it's not necessary that it hangs around past that. Finja just zorps that into the battle where it sits much less useful than it would've been.

But Anyfin assumes the game lasts to turn 10 (or 9 and a coin). I figured the idea of an aggro deck was to cut to the chase before things got that far. Finja doesn't really offer much help there. I know aggro murlocs can't normally compete against aggro pirates unless RNG favors the murlocs, but they're still fun to play.
Anyfin does not go in aggro decks, anyfin is a slow control deck.

Finja is best in combination aggro decks where you limit the murlocs you put in to consistently get the murlocs you want, typically warleaders and chargers.

However, I think you're thinking about Finja incorrectly. When finja kills a minion and drops murlocs onto the board, even if they don't get their battlecry, they're still free minions on the board. That's good! If finja draws a murloc out that you wish you had gotten to play for the battlecry instead, then that's basically the same as that card being on the bottom half of your deck and just never drawing it that game. The only time you lose value from free minions is if you go into fatigue, which if a murloc aggro deck goes into fatigue then you've already lost.

Here's a druid zoo deck that utilizes Finja

Anyfin does not go in aggro decks, anyfin is a slow control deck.

Finja is best in combination aggro decks where you limit the murlocs you put in to consistently get the murlocs you want, typically warleaders and chargers.

However, I think you're thinking about Finja incorrectly. When finja kills a minion and drops murlocs onto the board, even if they don't get their battlecry, they're still free minions on the board. That's good! If finja draws a murloc out that you wish you had gotten to play for the battlecry instead, then that's basically the same as that card being on the bottom half of your deck and just never drawing it that game. The only time you lose value from free minions is if you go into fatigue, which if a murloc aggro deck goes into fatigue then you've already lost.

Here's a druid zoo deck that utilizes Finja

Yeah, I can see him doing what you mention, only putting in the warriors and warleaders. I could make a separate menagerie deck so the card gets some use, but for my murloc aggro deck, I'll throw him back in and see. I only played a couple games with him and was pissed that he was only pulling out battlecry murlocs, but the extra minions could still make an impact.

You're more likely to get more use from Everyfin Is Awesome than from Anyfin Can Happen, though of course it's great when you get them both...

--Patrick