[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

Ok, brawl done.
2x Wild Growth to get ahead on mana, Dragonkin Sorcerer + 2x Mark of the Wild and the opponent forfeited.

--Patrick

God, I just won as a druid with shitty cards in 3 rounds. GG good starting hand, and I don't mean the other person conceded. :/

I stomped four people into the ground with a beast heavy hunter deck, taking extreme advantage of Release the Hounds + Scavenging Hyena with all of my opponents' minions, and then playing troggs. Then I left a warlock alive too long and he destroyed me with his stupid "hero becomes a demon lord instead" card.

I stomped four people into the ground with a beast heavy hunter deck, taking extreme advantage of Release the Hounds + Scavenging Hyena with all of my opponents' minions, and then playing troggs. Then I left a warlock alive too long and he destroyed me with his stupid "hero becomes a demon lord instead" card.
You faced Jaraxxus, Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion?!

figmentPez

Staff member
TIL that if the minion you're attacking with your weapon dies before you hit it, it doesn't count as an attack. No weapon charge loss, and you can attack again.

This week's tavern brawl is pretty simple. Build any deck you want, you start with 10 mana.

I just brought back my old Miracle rogue. Feels good. Drew through my entire deck by turn 5 and obliterated my opponent.

So the Tavern Brawl this week is Nefarian vs. Ragnaros, and it's basically bullshit if you're Ragnaros because Nefarian starts 5 mana ahead and seems to have much better cards (though that could be a cost/draw side effect).

Last edited:
Which is apparently because my phone hasn't pushed the update yet, will have to check on my PC after this match to see what the Tavern Brawl should actually be.

OK, it's actually "Too Many Portals" which is pretty self explanatory.

So the Tavern Brawl this week is Nefarian vs. Ragnaros, and it's basically bullshit if you're Ragnaros because Nefarian starts 5 mana ahead and seems to have much better cards (though that could be a cost/draw side effect).
Ragnaros vs Nefarian was the first tavern brawl, and it was really fun. I hope they bring it back, I actually preferred playing as Ragnaros. The secret was using his hero power as often as possible, he had better value cards than Nefarian, even though Nefarian started at max mana.

You can still play that one on your phone I think, because today's update hasn't pushed yet. QUICK, GET ON A MOBILE DEVICE. :p

I just had my best arena run ever...

On my husband's account.

*headdesk, headdesk, headdesk*

Last edited:
I had my second brawl opponent (a Paladin) draw into two Mal'Ganises with his portals.
Being faced with 2x 11/9 minions and an immune hero = you lose.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Blizzard just revealed 32 more cards on their Facebook page, and I think this batch includes some of the craziest yet. Notable to me:

Bear Trap, 2 mana Hunter secret, After your hero is attacked, summon a 3/3 bear with taunt.

Bolf Ramshield, 6 mana neutral Legendary, 3/9 Whenever your hero takes damage, this minion takes it instead.

Elemental Desturction, 3 mana Shaman spell, Deal 4 - 5 damage to all minions Overload 5

King's Elekk, 2 mana Hunter minion, 3/2 Joust and if you win you draw the creature you jousted with.

Kvaldir Raider, 5 mana neutral minion, 4/4 Inspire: gain +2/+2 (probably best in arena)

Murloc Knight, 4 mana Paladin murloc, Inspire: Summon a random murloc

Pit Fighter, 5 mana neutral minion, 5/6

Sideshow Spelleater, 6 mana neutral minion, Battlecry: Copy your opponent's hero power.

Bear Trap, 2 mana Hunter secret, After your hero is attacked, summon a 3/3 bear with taunt.

Eh, not too bad. Might have some use in a beast deck for the additional beast, but doesn't seem overly strong. Some people might think of this as a 2 mana 3/3 with taunt, but it's one that at best doesn't get played until the next turn, and your opponent gets to decide when to activate it.

Bolf Ramshield, 6 mana neutral Legendary, 3/9 Whenever your hero takes damage, this minion takes it instead.

Basically a 6 mana 3/9 with taunt that can also absorb spells. But only stops your hero from being attacked, not your minions.

Elemental Desturction, 3 mana Shaman spell, Deal 4 - 5 damage to all minions Overload 5

This card is fucking awful. We already have twisting nether that hard clears everything for the same mana cost, but doesn't keep you from playing anything the next turn. And it still isn't run.

King's Elekk, 2 mana Hunter minion, 3/2 Joust and if you win you draw the creature you jousted with.

2 mana 3/2 draw a minion... sometimes? Ehh... might be fooled around with if control hunter becomes a thing, but... probably not.

Kvaldir Raider, 5 mana neutral minion, 4/4 Inspire: gain +2/+2 (probably best in arena)

For this card to not be underpowered for it's cost, you'd have to play it on turn 7 and then immediately hero power. Even then you're only getting a 6/6 for 7, War Golem is arguably better, Dr Boom is a hell of a lot better. Fun idea, might be played around with in inspire decks, but still seems weak.

Murloc Knight, 4 mana Paladin murloc, Inspire: Summon a random murloc

This is a fun card. Probably a shit card, but at least fun. Bring on the murlocadins.

Pit Fighter, 5 mana neutral minion, 5/6

Well this is a boring card. But not bad, should see use in arena. Similarly costed cards would be Silver Hand Knight (6/6 worth of stats spread across two minions) Sludge belcher (4/6 spread across two minions, with taunt) and stranglethorn tiger (5/5 with stealth)

Sideshow Spelleater, 6 mana neutral minion, Battlecry: Copy your opponent's hero power.

Every Shaman should run these. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1439586136,1439586103][/DOUBLEPOST]
First repeat brawl!
I wondered how long they'd be able to go before they started repeating themselves.

--Patrick
Well, first repeat brawl on purpose

Reactions: Dei

figmentPez

Staff member
Okay, Blizzard is just trolling us:

Ice Rager, 3 mana neutral minion, 5/2
Evil Heckler, 4 mana neutral minion, 5/4 Taunt

It's a straight up better Magma Rager, and a cheaper Booty Bay Bodyguard. No wonder they rejected Kripp's idea to buff useless basic cards.

Okay, Blizzard is just trolling us:

Ice Rager, 3 mana neutral minion, 5/2
Evil Heckler, 4 mana neutral minion, 5/4 Taunt

It's a straight up better Magma Rager, and a cheaper Booty Bay Bodyguard. No wonder they rejected Kripp's idea to buff useless basic cards.
That's kinda shit, but they don't exactly completely override their counterparts. You can now have 4 ragers in a deck, if for some reason you wanted that, as well as having both hecklers and booty bay bodyguards in a deck for even more taunt, which might be a thing for taunt warrior's new mechanics?

But overall those cards are boring as shit.