[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

I dont think it needs a nerf either but I agree there is something strange with the randomness of the new "draw a random" minion cards (unstable portal and all of the shredders). I've drawn Lorewalker Cho more than any other card. Like way more.
Teaching people how to play Blood Bowl, and having -every- single person think that the rng of the game is broken, has taught me that people's perception of random is often incorrect.

figmentPez

Staff member
Just faced off against a Rogue with Doctor Boom, Ragnaros, Sneed's Old Shredder, 2 Antique Healbots, and a bunch of other mechs.
The card that won me the game? A Black Knight that I Mind Visioned from his hand. With my golden Mind Vision, so it was probably shinier than his as well.

I'm confused, the mage has iceblock with a stealthed minion, right? Doesn't ice block only last one turn after taking fatal damage?
That's not the Ice Block secret, that's the effect of having Mal'Ganis on the field, except that Mal'Ganis is stealthed (from the battlecry of a Master of Disguise) so he can't be removed by the opponent. This results in a hero who is permanently Immune unless the opponent can remove that stealthed minion (and since the opponent is not a Priest (mass silence) or Warrior (Brawl), that's not likely).

--Patrick

I'm confused, the mage has iceblock with a stealthed minion, right? Doesn't ice block only last one turn after taking fatal damage?
That was a stealthed malganis, which makes you immune while it's alive. He got it from sneeds, and got a master of disguise through unstable portal.

figmentPez

Staff member
That's not Ice Block, that's Mal'ganis. A Warlock minion who grants your hero immunity as long as he's alive (and unsilenced). Amaz got the most ridiculous Unstable Portal RNG. One portal got Master of Disguise and the other got Mal'ganis. Playing them together gave a near invincible combination. It's unlikely that druid had anything in his deck that could have saved him.

There are things that could have killed off a stealth 9/7 though. A Handlock could have Shadowflamed a giant, a Priest might have had Mass Dispel (though that's not common), a very lucky Rogue might have had enough spell-power and weapon buffs to Blade Flurry, a Mage might have back-to-back Flamestrike (or double-Doomsayer and Frost Nova), and there are Druid variants that run Poison Seeds. That ramp Druid isn't one of them.

That's not Ice Block, that's Mal'ganis. A Warlock minion who grants your hero immunity as long as he's alive (and unsilenced). Amaz got the most ridiculous Unstable Portal RNG. One portal got Master of Disguise and the other got Mal'ganis. Playing them together gave a near invincible combination. It's unlikely that druid had anything in his deck that could have saved him.

There are things that could have killed off a stealth 9/7 though. A Handlock could have Shadowflamed a giant, a Priest might have had Mass Dispel (though that's not common), a very lucky Rogue might have had enough spell-power and weapon buffs to Blade Flurry, a Mage might have back-to-back Flamestrike (or double-Doomsayer and Frost Nova), and there are Druid variants that run Poison Seeds. That ramp Druid isn't one of them.

Ragnaros could also kill it, as could a rogues sabotage, or a couple of bomb lobbers

figmentPez

Staff member
Ragnaros could also kill it, as could a rogues sabotage, or a couple of bomb lobbers
How bad would that Druid feel if he had Rag in his deck, but couldn't draw him? He's got a full board, and a full hand at the point the video comes in. He might not have any way to empty his hand, though I'd love to know what cards he was holding.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm having a blast playing Mech Hunter. This deck is so damn stupid, but it's a blast to play!

Hearthstone_Screenshot_1.25.2015 Mech Hunter Deck.png

1 Hunters Mark
1 Arcane Shot
1 Clockwork Gnome
1 Webspinner
2 Glaivezooka
1 Explosive Trap
1 Freezing Trap
2 Annoy-0-Tron
2 Loot Hoarder
2 Mechwarper
2 Micro Machine
2 Harvest Golem
1 Metaltooth Leaper
2 Spider Tank
1 Tinkertown Technician
1 Cult Master
2 Jeeves
1 Mechanical Yeti
2 Piloted Shredder
1 Blingtron 3000
1 Clockwork Giant

It's not a well tweaked deck, and some cards I only run one of because I don't have two. I'm not sure what I'd change, or if I'll even bother, since it's never going to be a stellar deck.

Best game I had was against a Handlock. Killed him on turn 5 with my Clockwork Giant

I'm having a blast playing Mech Hunter. This deck is so damn stupid, but it's a blast to play!

View attachment 17312
1 Hunters Mark
1 Arcane Shot
1 Clockwork Gnome
1 Webspinner
2 Glaivezooka
1 Explosive Trap
1 Freezing Trap
2 Annoy-0-Tron
2 Loot Hoarder
2 Mechwarper
2 Micro Machine
2 Harvest Golem
1 Metaltooth Leaper
2 Spider Tank
1 Tinkertown Technician
1 Cult Master
2 Jeeves
1 Mechanical Yeti
2 Piloted Shredder
1 Blingtron 3000
1 Clockwork Giant

It's not a well tweaked deck, and some cards I only run one of because I don't have two. I'm not sure what I'd change, or if I'll even bother, since it's never going to be a stellar deck.

Best game I had was against a Handlock. Killed him on turn 5 with my Clockwork Giant

Since you're running a cult master, you might consider adding in unleash the hounds.

I haven't played enough to have earned enough to build/buy many cards. And I don't play very often.

Luckily, I've gotten lucky on a few card acquisitions, and have been doing pretty well with my zerg rush deck. Not well enough to get very high in the ranks, but it's working out ok so far.

Thank goodness. That thing was basically a very cheap questing adventurer. Like yesterday killed his turn one undertaker, turn 2 another one but flame cannon missed and on turn3 his turn 2 undertaker was a 4/5. That is way too powerful for a freaking 1 drop with no drawback.

I wish I'd not touched this, because suddenly it was past 1:00 in the morning and I realized I was only going to get 4 and a half hours of sleep before work today. I wish I'd just left this dismissed instead of giving it a second chance.

Yeah, I had the same problem the other night.

Incidentally, if anyone would care too, I'm OfcCharon#1157. I'm almost never on, but if you see me, feel free to say howdy.

oh god what time is it

why time is it

I hae things to do int he morning; this was so stupid to play trhjis game for the last foru hours but I couldb;t stop until i couldn't beartl y see,

feel reaaly weird, nighte

I think I just have to accept the fact that I will never reach legendary. I get so close and then I play 5 mech mages all in a row with 4 getting both fireballs in the first 12 cards to finish me off right after I clear their board and am ready to play my heal bot next turn. Mages were the reason I stopped playing arena and now they have invaded constructed too. :mad:

... I play a mage and finished someone with two fireballs last night. I thought I was being rad. :(

Though I'm playing casual match-making, not ranked, which is probably the only reason I'm winning so much.

Also, TIME FOR MORE HEARTHSTONE.

figmentPez

Staff member
There are so many cheesy fun things to do with a Reversing Switch / Crazed Alchemist.
- Using attack buffing minions to increase health (or increasing both with a Stormwind Champion)
- Silencing swapped minions to "heal" them.
- Killing 0 attack minions outright.
- Making Deathlords die to a 2-drop, or letting a Yeti kill Ysera.