Export thread

Headed Towards Monogamy?

Calleja

Calleja

www.dramabutton.com

After 2 years of enjoying.. really, really enjoying... single life... I think that life has put me back on the relationship track.

Met a girl... had a date with her... and didn't even try to kiss her until the second date.

WTF?

I think this means I'm in "serious" mode. I didn't even REMEMBER "serious" mode.

The problem is, I'm not so sure I want to STOP being single. This hit me quite unexpectedly. But I also wonder how much the fact that she's the daughter of a good friend of my mom's factors into me going straight into "serious" mode. She talks to my mother more than I do, I think. But I do like her.

Oh shit, son. I just don't know.

Asked her out to a movie today... she JUMPED at the opportunity to go watch A-Team. Not the sappy mexican movie everyone's raving about down here.. no, A-Team.

She's not making this any easier!!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

But I also wonder how much the fact that she's the daughter of a good friend of my mom's factors into me going straight into "serious" mode. She talks to my mother more than I do, I think.
You're dating a girl chosen from your mom's gaggle? ...you just met your wife.

Calleja

Calleja

wait WHAT!?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Our resident Casanova is getting serious?

HEAD FOR THE HILLS!!! :aaahhh::aaahhh:

Calleja

Calleja

No, I actually quite enjoy being monogamous. But I really do have been enjoying being single, and there's a time limit for that almost, y'know?

I WANT HCLGNS TO FUCKING EXPLAIN, THOUGH!! :aaahhh:

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

You're dating a girl chosen from your mom's gaggle? ...you just met your wife.
Haha... Awesome!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I hope you can happy with whatever you choose man :) Life is good.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

No, I actually quite enjoy being monogamous. But I really do have been enjoying being single, and there's a time limit for that almost, y'know?

HCLGNS is your mother.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

*snrk*

Seriously, though... don't think of it as giving up your "single life".... think of it, if it's applicable, of finding someone you could see yourself with 40+ years later, without worry.

Obviously, for you , the most important question is going to be her stance on the Beatles... *grins*

figmentPez

figmentPez

What part of that isn't obvious?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Obviously, for you , the most important question is going to be her stance on the Beatles... *grins*
Or someone who remembers his name. Kahlua needs a girl who won't get her tongue in a knot trying to say his name as it is: Cassawa.

Ain't that right, Kamehameha?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I WANT HCLGNS TO FUCKING EXPLAIN, THOUGH!! Click here to enlarge
Well I don't want to prick your balloon, but OC's suggestion can help illustrate my point. She already knows you love the Beatles, because your mom already told her. This girl has already passed the hardest test, getting your moms approval, since she already has that she knows almost as much about you as your mom does.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Well I don't want to prick your balloon, but OC's suggestion can help illustrate my point. She already knows you love the Beatles, because your mom already told her. This girl has already passed the hardest test, getting your moms approval, since she already has that she knows almost as much about you as your mom does.[/QUOTE]

That's terrifying. What will Callosaur do?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Revel in the fantastic pre-marital sex of course.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Revel in the fantastic pre-marital sex of course.[/QUOTE]

And then she talks about it with his mom? :|

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Revel in the fantastic pre-marital sex of course.[/QUOTE]

And then she talks about it with his mom? :|[/QUOTE]

With pictures!

Wasabi Poptart

Now I know the world is coming to an end. :laugh:

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Well Calleja, since it is abundantly clear that my current relationship is on it's way out you shouldn't worry. I'll try to keep the lonely women warm for you.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, damn. First the Saints win a Superbowl and now this.

...Why is the Mississippi boiling?

Calleja

Calleja

Well I don't want to prick your balloon, but OC's suggestion can help illustrate my point. She already knows you love the Beatles, because your mom already told her. This girl has already passed the hardest test, getting your moms approval, since she already has that she knows almost as much about you as your mom does.[/QUOTE]

Well.. my mom has never had a problem with any girl I've ever dated. She's actually quite the cool in-law. Winning her approval is not the hardest test, not even close. It's like there always, even. It's actually quite harder to win MY approval :S

My mom's pretty hippie-ish, you know, one of those laid back cool moms.

Gusto

Gusto

whaaaaaaaaaaaat

Philosopher B.

This thread is making me imagine little baby Callejas. Running around in diapers and beards humming 'We all live in a yellow submarine'.

Calleja

Calleja

I'M NOT GETTING MARRIED, DAMMIT

Gusto

Gusto

The title of your thread seems to suggest otherwise.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

The title of your thread seems to suggest otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he mistyped monotony?

Calleja

Calleja

Being in a serious relationship does not marriage entail :humph:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Maybe he meant misogyny.

Gusto

Gusto

monogamy
the custom of marriage to one wife or one husband at a time. — monogamous, adj.
See also: Marriage

Wahad

Wahad

Being in a serious relationship does not marriage entail :humph:
Kids don't entail marriage either.

I mean, if you want to get technical.

Calleja

Calleja

Isn't it used in English to mean "one partner only" without the context of marriage? At least in slang terms?

Gusto

Gusto

Possibly. I'm just bustin' your chops dude. Maybe you should use less ambiguous terminology next time. :)

Calleja

Calleja

Well, I guess it's a good a time as any to update you guys...

We went to see A-Team yesterday... held hands pretty much throughout. She even loved the movie.

Then we decided to go get some coffee but the starbucks at the same mall decided to close early for some reason. Neither of us being in the mood for a "normal" Saturday night activity like clubbing or drinking or whatever, we ended up coming to my place to watch a movie. I introduced her to Shaun of the Dead. She loved it.

And then we watched an episode of Friends from one of my DVDs... and cuddled. She was at my bed with me and it went straight to cuddling. We made out a bit but it was all very... held back. And not because she seemed uncomfortable, I think *I* was holding back more, even.

And we talked. We talked for hours about how weird it was to like each other so much so quickly. About our likes and dislikes, about how we are, or have been, in relationships. We were basically having the pre-relationship talk. And then I just had to flat out say, surprising myself so much it felt like someone had taken control over my mouth: I'm gonna pursue you seriously. (It doesn't sound as creepy in Spanish, couldn't think of a better translation).

And she didn't run away and in fact spent one more hour cuddling and talking. And then I took her home without so much as removing her shoes.

So.. yeah. A fuck buddy of mine contacted me this morning and I instantly felt guilty about the possibility of seeing her. That only means one thing.

The monogamy switch has been thrown. I'll have an official girlfriend soon.

General Specific

General Specific

That's nice, but I prefer Oak over... Wait, what are we talking about here?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

We went to see A-Team yesterday... held hands pretty much throughout. She even loved the movie.

Then we decided to go get some coffee but the starbucks at the same mall decided to close early for some reason. Neither of us being in the mood for a "normal" Saturday night activity like clubbing or drinking or whatever, we ended up coming to my place to watch a movie. I introduced her to Shaun of the Dead. She loved it.

And then we watched an episode of Friends from one of my DVDs... and cuddled. She was at my bed with me and it went straight to cuddling. We made out a bit but it was all very... held back. And not because she seemed uncomfortable, I think *I* was holding back more, even.

And we talked. We talked for hours about how weird it was to like each other so much so quickly. About our likes and dislikes, about how we are, or have been, in relationships. We were basically having the pre-relationship talk. And then I just had to flat out say, surprising myself so much it felt like someone had taken control over my mouth: I'm gonna pursue you seriously. (It doesn't sound as creepy in Spanish, couldn't think of a better translation).

And she didn't run away and in fact spent one more hour cuddling and talking. And then I took her home without so much as removing her shoes.

So.. yeah. A fuck buddy of mine contacted me this morning and I instantly felt guilty about the possibility of seeing her. That only means one thing.

I found that to be very sweet, but, of course, I'm me...

The important thing is: how do you feel about it? I mean, you say you like your single life, but would you not like having a gf? Wich one is a lifestyle you like the best (right now, I'm sure this can change with time)?

Krisken

Krisken

Oak's nice.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

All joking aside, Calleja (which is easier for me, because I haven't known you as long as the rest of these folks) but I think it's cool that you've got a solid relationship going with this girl that's on a plane beyond the merely physical. Sounds like y'all have got a good thing forming. Fortuna!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Oak's nice.
[/QUOTE]

Same image hit my head when I read that. "Hmm, I haven't watched Pulp Fiction in a while."

Calleja

Calleja

I hate you all.

bhamv3

bhamv3

... pics?

Calleja

Calleja

No pics of us together yet, no.

Krisken

Krisken

Release your anger!

Philosopher B.

So, when's the wedding date?

Lol.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Calleja, despite all the jokes and such... I say this with great sincerity, it sounds like you have a good thing going on with this young woman.

Pursue her, mi amigo. Pursue her.

And when the time's right... introduce her to us. :)

Wasabi Poptart

I'm going to echo North Ranger's sentiment. I know I made a joke early on in this thread, but if you have something good with this girl then hang on to her! Best wishes :)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm happy for you too, Calleja.

But I'm still going to tease you.

Calleja

Calleja

Ok.. today I had car trouble. The annoying, having to wait an hour to get her home while stuck at the gas station trying to stop the damned thing from overheating. And she was awesome throughout. I offered to call her a cab so she didn't have to wait for me and she was vehemently against leaving me "alone". She stuck with me with a smile the whole time. Told me I was banned from saying "sorry" again for the rest of the day. Left her at her house and we both hugged like we didn't want to let go.

She won so many points today, I'd be surprised if I'm still single by next week.

:)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

D'AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Papaya's gonna get married and have babies and leave us just like JCM did.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

C'mon, it seems this girl is awesome! Go for it!

Krisken

Krisken

::Imagines a bunch of little Calleja monkeys roaming about, causing havoc::

Remember Calleja, if you decide to have kids, go for quality, not quantity.

Calleja

Calleja

What? How are we gonna slowly and silently invade the US one illegal immigrant at the time if we don't have as many kids as possible? You talkin' crazy, ese.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Oh shit, he's using the Irish Gambit! Run!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Heh, that sounds very similar to how things started with my girlfriend a few years ago. We're getting married this summer :).

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Oh shit, he's using the Irish Gambit! Run!
But there's no whiskey involved.... *confused look*

Baerdog

Baerdog

I think we can fix this. Take your pick.

Calleja

Calleja

I'll go with:

Baerdog

Baerdog

That's not whiskey. :humph:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It's water from Mexico! Don't drink it!*

*Is that advice for good reason, btw?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Depending on where you're at, it is if you don't like having amoebic dysentery...

Wasabi Poptart

Calleja

Calleja

The main reason that's a "thing" is tourists coming over and drinking tap water because they think it's potable. It's not, but not because it's dirty. Quite the contrary, it has chlorine and other stuff that.. yes, will make you sick. Especially if your digestive system isn't used to it. Most water plants here treat the water so you can safely bathe, wash your hands, your teeth, whatever... but not for human consumption. This stops bad or old piping from contaminating the water so it's not even safe for a shower.

We install filters and stuff when we want to drink the water straight from the tap, or buy it bottled.

That being said, most hotels do treat their water so it's potable. So most tourist-staying-at-good-hotels diarrhea cases come from their consumption of tacos or whatever that are a bomb to the unacclimated stomach. Hell, even Mexicans who aren't from Mexico City need time to be able to enjoy the awesome street vendor tacos without consequences, for instance.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

The main reason that's a "thing" is tourists coming over and drinking tap water because they think it's potable. It's not, but not because it's dirty. Quite the contrary, it has chlorine and other stuff that.. yes, will make you sick. Especially if your digestive system isn't used to it. Most water plants here treat the water so you can safely bathe, wash your hands, your teeth, whatever... but not for human consumption. This stops bad or old piping from contaminating the water so it's not even safe for a shower.

We install filters and stuff when we want to drink the water straight from the tap, or buy it bottled.

That being said, most hotels do treat their water so it's potable. So most tourist-staying-at-good-hotels diarrhea cases come from their consumption of tacos or whatever that are a bomb to the unacclimated stomach. Hell, even Mexicans who aren't from Mexico City need time to be able to enjoy the awesome street vendor tacos without consequences, for instance.[/QUOTE]

Hell, the same could be said of going to NYC and getting a hot dog from a street vendor. Do so at your own peril! (I did, and it was delicious, but that's not the point! *grins*)

Krisken

Krisken

Hell, the same could be said of going to NYC and getting a hot dog from a street vendor. Do so at your own peril! (I did, and it was delicious, but that's not the point! *grins*)
Truly, this was The Deadliest Catch.

Calleja

Calleja

Alright guys... this is a big deal.

She came over... and we watched.. *takes a deep breath*... The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Yeah. My Beatles of the literary world, made movie.

AND SHE FREAKING LOVED IT!! :biggrin:

Dudes, she didn't even love it, she asked to borrow the books to read!! Oh man, I may marry this girl after all.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Dude, if she's all about the reading, this transcends normal stuff. Seriously - if you've got someone to share your favorite books with... I'm a little envious, actually... (my wife thinks I have too many books, then gives me weird looks when I tell her there's no such thing...)

General Specific

General Specific

Hell, I want to marry her and I don't even know her.

Philosopher B.

Marry her and divorce her so you can marry her a second time. What I'm saying is, marry her twice over.

Cajungal

Cajungal

D'AWWWWWWWWW Fernandooooo! You're smitten! You're a smitten mexican! You're a smexican!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Perfect match!

Calleja

Calleja

Ok, now I'm having second thoughts about this whole serious relationship thing, but I don't know if it's because of temporary scared shitless issues or if the smitten thing has passed and now I'm... un-smitten. :eek:hwell:

Espy

Espy

Don't rush things man. Slow down, enjoy the ride and getting to know here... but give it some time before you guys register for wedding gifts. :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Okay, so the rose-tinted glasses have come off. Now is the time to view her objectively. She's still the awesome person she was a while ago, for all the same reasons. Examine where you're at in your life, and see if you're at a place where you can see yourself with one person.

This girl sounds like quite a catch, and no so much with the crazy. Time to take stock of your life, perhaps, and see if y'all have a long or short future.

Just my $0.02

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I'd vote for scared shitless... but what makes you think un-smitten?

Calleja

Calleja

Her text messages, which not 3 days ago made me all smiley and excited, now just stress me out in a "shit, what am I supposed to answer to a 'I can't stop thinking about you' sms? I shouldn't even waste SMSs, I'm already over my alloted amount for the month and I'm paying too much as it is, stupid cell company. Oh shit, I still haven't answered, the poor girl is expecting a smitten answer for her smitten message and I can't think of anything." kinda of way.

Yes, I always overthink everything.

Espy

Espy

Sounds to me like you had a pretty intense few days, and now that you have come back down to reality a little bit (that doesn't mean you don't really like this girl of course, just that you aren't wanting to send smitten messages every few seconds, very normal) and she hasn't you have to navigate that course. Deep breaths bud. Everything is gonna be ok. If you really want to pursue a relationship with this girl it sounds like you need to decide exactly what you want and talk to her about it. Just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth.

Calleja

Calleja

What if I don't KNOW what I want? :eek:hwell:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Tell her she has to put on a Paul McCartney mask during sex.

If she's okay with it, keep her.

If not, leave her.

Espy

Espy

What if I don't KNOW what I want? :eek:hwell:
Then be honest about it. Even if it hurts her it will be much less painful than 3 months down the road when shes totally in love with you and you decide you don't want to be with her.
If you still want to build the relationship then tell her that, just say for both your sakes you want to slow down some, go on a date every week or every other week, don't text every 5 seconds, whatever makes you both comfortable. The fact is she's someone you COULD see yourself in a relationship with which means you owe it to both of you to be careful with moving forward.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

As Espy said, just be honest with her. Try something like "You're wonderful, and I want to give this a shot, but I'm not sure that I'm as intense about this as you. It doesn't mean that I'm not INTO you (because I am), but if I try to keep up with your intensity, I'm going to burn out. I want to take this slow and steady, and make it last with you."

.... At least, that'd be what _I_ would say...

Calleja

Calleja

No, that'd be a problem if I had a problem with her being intense... but I don't. I was there 2 days ago, I get it. The problem is ME.

Andi

Drachenherz

Just get yourself together and go for it. And stop smsing if it ruins you. Get her to use halforums so you can exchange your thoughts publicly. This way, we, the forums, could help you better arranging your marriage.

Morphine

Morphine

Just tell her you want to take it slower...
Because that's basically it, you need to know her more, this will lead to you either falling in love and deciding she's worth it even with the issues you see right now, or you fall out of it and no one gets hurt.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Also, no unlimited texts? WTF Mexico...

Calleja

Calleja

I have the cheapest cell phone plan with unlimited 3G internet... I only get 60 minutes and like 10 texts, plus 4 "frequent contacts" with free calls or texts (one slot each). She's not in any of those slots yet, of course.

Wikipedia in my pocket is awesome, though.

Espy

Espy

No, that'd be a problem if I had a problem with her being intense... but I don't. I was there 2 days ago, I get it. The problem is ME.
Yeah, the problem is infatuation.

You met a girl. She was awesome. You turned the infatuation and wooooooooooo scale up to 11 on a 1-10 scale. It happens. The problem is when you are on that roller coaster you have to come back down just like in real life. You can't stay at the top of that emotional high. Then you hit that emotional plateau and it feels LOW, when in reality it's just NORMAL, hence me telling you to not freak out about it yet. Be honest, tell her you probably got too intense to fast and, assuming you do, that you like her and want to get to know her and spend time with her but you can't have that intensity scale cranked up to 11 for awhile.
It's all good homie.

Calleja

Calleja

Yeah, that makes sense. I also talked about it a bunch with Morphine over msn and she agrees... I'll take it slow without letting my current :aaahhh: affect too much and see how it goes in a week or two.

Thanks guys.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Her text messages, which not 3 days ago made me all smiley and excited, now just stress me out in a "shit, what am I supposed to answer to a 'I can't stop thinking about you' sms? I shouldn't even waste SMSs, I'm already over my alloted amount for the month and I'm paying too much as it is, stupid cell company. Oh shit, I still haven't answered, the poor girl is expecting a smitten answer for her smitten message and I can't think of anything." kinda of way.

Yes, I always overthink everything.[/QUOTE]

Try using a pen and paper. I wrote my wife letters every day when we apart, it's really a simple way to show that you care.

Espy

Espy

Emotions are a roller coaster ride man, don't let the twists and turns throw you off.

Thats how people get broken necks.

Gusto

Gusto

It's also how Fabio gets hit the face with a bird.

Calleja

Calleja

Alright so.... I need advice. And help. And maybe a hug.

It's not working out. We were never officially dating, but it's still become more than just "casual dating".... and I want to break it up. I tried, I gave it time to see if the initial smittening came back or even if it didn't it would still become SOMETHING... but... it hasn't. And I realize that it hasn't been THAT long, but I'm worried that if I just wait more she's going to get even more attached and be hurt more.

And that's what makes me even a bit physically nauseous about the whole situation... I'm going to hurt her. I really, really don't want to, but she's really attached to me and even though I'm TRYING to get attached too I... I'm just not there anymore. She calls me and instead of getting excited I think of reasons not to see her (I don't give HER the excuses and I usually go out with her anyway, but I'm still thinking them) so I think it's pretty clear I'm not getting there.

So I need to talk to her.

But I don't know how.

Cause, see... a fun fact you've never known about good ol' The Mex here... I've never broken up with anybody. Not something serious. The serious relationships I've been in, all three of them, were all ended by the other party. With my own heart doing most of the breakage. I'm awesome at being broken up with. But I've never done so myself.
And I'm terrified. I really, really don't want to hurt her. This girl is awesome and deserves nothing of the kind. Ever.

Ugh, I hate myself.

The logistic is what's bothering me right now. She doesn't have a car and I always pick her up when we go out. But how is that gonna work with this? I pick her up as usual, take her for a cup of coffee or something, say "Oh, hey, by the way, I know you're really excited about us and you really like me and you tell all your friends you're really happy that we're about to be a couple but... I want out. Ok, cool? good, now let me get the check and drive you back home". What? WHAT?! Drive her back home after telling her I don't want to be with her!?

Fuck everything today. :(

phil

phil

Just drive to her house and do it there.

Wasabi Poptart

The best thing you can do is be totally honest with her. Cliche, yes, but it is a whole lot better than dragging things out further and really hurting her. Go to her house, do not take her out somewhere, and just lay it all out. Tell her exactly what you feel. She's a great person, you don't want to hurt her, but it's not working for you. She will be upset, but there is no way to avoid that unfortunately.

:hug:

Calleja

Calleja

What like.. out near her front door? Or are you saying I should come in, say hi to her parents, sit down in the living room and THEN break up with her... stand up, say goodbye to her parents, and leave?

I need Pepto.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You could always be a complete asshole to her, treat her like shit, and make her life miserable until she breaks up with you. Does that sound preferable?

Just do it quick and clean, and don't be passive-aggressive about it.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

You could always be a complete asshole to her, treat her like shit, and make her life miserable until she breaks up with you. Does that sound preferable?
Sadly that's not even guaranteed to work... :(.

Calleja

Calleja

Just do it quick and clean, and don't be passive-aggressive about it.
Preferable to WHAT?!

I get that I have to be honest, I get that I want to let her down easy. I'm all for that.

BUT HOW?! She lives with her parents and they're ALWAYS THERE, are you telling me I really need to do it in front of them? Seriously? Like, is that commonly done?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

No, you do it wherever you go and then you endure the uncomfortable drive of taking her home. Yeah, even if she's upset and pissed at you. And square away a time slot for it to take place after you've told her, because she may have things to say and you want to give her time to say them. Do not take to pleading, or else you give her false hope.

Yeah, the car ride is gonna suck for you. Being broken up with is gonna suck worse for her. I think you can handle the awful drive, yes?

This really should've been in Ask Dave or Jay.

Dave

Dave

Let her catch you messing around with Morphine AND her boyfriend! Invite her to join in. If she won't then she'll probably leave you. Problem solved. If she does, SCORE! She's a keeper!

Calleja

Calleja

morphine doesn't have a boyfriend, though :(

Vagabond

V.Bond

What like.. out near her front door? Or are you saying I should come in, say hi to her parents, sit down in the living room and THEN break up with her... stand up, say goodbye to her parents, and leave?
Why not?

You're both adults, shit.

Wasabi Poptart

I didn't realize that she lives with her parents. I guess you should take her some where. I wouldn't go some place public like a coffee shop though.

Element 117

copy pasta'd methods below are not endorsed by me, just googled by me.

How to Break Up With a Woman
By: Kimberly Dawn Neumann
Breakups suck. There's no other way to put it. But keep in mind that what happens in the moments before, during and after you deliver those three little words ("This isn't working") will forever determine how you're remembered. Will you be that great guy she remembers wistfully… or the jerk she can't believe she ever dated?
Unless there has been some egregious violation of the dating code - she did something so unforgivable you get a free pass to behave like an idiot - most women would ask for one thing: End it like a man, not a frat boy. "Dumping someone is never fun but if you're clear about why your relationship has to end and you know that it's time, you owe it to the woman to make the break," says dating guru David Wygant, founder of www.flirtdaily.com. "Just be kind, honest within reason, and brief."
With that in mind, we decided to gather input from women and experts about the best way to let a gal go.
Don't Do a Disappearing Act
Sadly this is an all too common tactic with men, but listen up… it's just not cool. "My friends and I agree there's nothing worse than fading away into oblivion!" says Stacey, 29, from Pensacola, FL. "Then the girl is left just wondering and waiting." Women need some sort of closure, and you owe her some kind of explanation before you decide to vanish.
Do Consider the Timing
Though it's not totally your responsibility to see how she survives the breakup, you can help ease the transition by considering when you break the news. "It's thoughtful and courteous to be aware of what is going on in her life," says JoAnn Magdoff, Ph.D., a psychotherapist in New York City. In other words, don't be an extra-special jerk by delivering the news when she's already going through a rough patch. If she lost her job yesterday, give it a little time before having the big talk.
Don't Rely on Technology
We live in a world of cell phones, BlackBerries, and IMs, which means it's easier than ever to get in touch with each other. But, please don't use it as a way to escape confrontation. "Using technology to break up is a cowardly act-it means you don't have the balls to face me," says Kerry, 37, from Portsmouth, NH. "If you liked me enough to kiss me, sleep with me, have a romance with me, then I think the very least you can do is honor that connection by ending it in person."
Do Give Her Face Time
You may be tempted to deliver the news and then get the heck out of there, but there's nothing worse than bringing up the subject when you don't have adequate time to discuss it. Yes, that means you will have to talk to her and you might have to witness some tears but it's the right thing to do. "My ex broke up with me by meeting me for a drink, and we had a very open and civilized conversation," says Gigi, 39, from New York, NY. "Yes, it still hurt, but because of the classy way he handled it, we didn't lose our friendship, too."
Do Choose Your Location Wisely
"There's no reason to break the news behind closed doors-but a bit of privacy is a good thing. What you shouldn't do is deliver the news someplace where she'll lose dignity. "If you're at a party surrounded by friends where everyone will see her if she bursts into tears… that's not a good call," says Wygant. "This is between the two of you, not your whole posse." Wygant also suggests staying away from your favorite haunt or where you had your first date or anywhere that will evoke painful memories. Think neutral, think semi-private, and think about letting her save face.
Don't Be Too Honest
Women need "reasons" so they can accept the breakup and move on. But there's one big caveat…don't be spiteful or hurtful. "Getting broken up with is insulting at some level and just being rejected feels bad enough. So why make the person feel worse?" says Laurie Puhn, J.D., author of Instant Persuasion: How to Change Your Words to Change Your Life. No woman wants to hear that you're dumping her because she has bad breath or she's no longer attractive to you or you're insanely attracted to her best friend. These kinds of reflections shouldn't be shared: "You're no longer entitled to give advice or criticism because you aren't her boyfriend anymore," says Puhn. Instead, your reasons for breaking up should focus on how you two aren't the right match. Try saying something like "Both of us are good people, but I don't think we're the right fit together."
Don't Hedge
You start to deliver the news, you see her lip quiver, and you think, Oh no, she's going to cry. Should you attempt to soften the blow by saying, "Well, there might be a chance for us in the future but right now the timing isn't good" or "Maybe when things quiet down at work" or "I think I just need a break"? No, no, no! Giving a woman a false sense of hope will not help her heal. "If you know it's over, spare her the agony of pretending that you might call her sometime when you won't," says Dr. Magdoff. "If you really aren't certain about the future, you can say -I'm not sure, but please don't hold your breath…'"
Don't Freak If She Gets Emotional
We're reputed to be the more sensitive sex, remember? So yes, there's a chance that your gal might start sobbing or screaming or otherwise emoting… and you need to let her. "If she gets hostile or weepy, stay calm and let her deal with those emotions for a while-remember, you've been thinking about the breakup for weeks, she heard about it 10 seconds ago," says Puhn. If she gets more and more worked up as the minutes pass, however, take your leave and give her some down time to adjust to the new information. "Before walking away, however, set a specific time to talk later to give her security that you're willing to explain yourself and listen to what she has to say when she's calmed down," Puhn adds.
Don't Use the "It's Not You, It's Me" Line
Everyone knows if someone leaves you it's because you're not who they want and that's the bottom line. "Anyone on the receiving end of this line can see through it," says Magdoff. She suggests a better phrase to utter might be, "Who you are and what you want are absolutely terrific, but where I am right now is a very different place."
Do Break Up With Her Before Starting Anything Else!
That's called cheating! And if you intentionally stray in an effort to make her break up with you, you're a chicken and deserve whatever reaction you get! Also, forget about using the "I've met someone else" escape clause. Introducing a new love into a break-up discussion only tortures your soon-to-be ex. "After three years together, my boyfriend ended it with me over the phone by saying he'd met another woman on his trip to Europe," says Jenny, 30, from Seattle. "I spent the next two years wondering, What's it like for them? Is it different from when he and I were together? Do they order the same kind of takeout? Do they listen to the same music we listened to? Do they laugh as much? Do they laugh more? And what makes her so much more appealing than me?" Get the point? Mentioning another woman really hurts and intensifies the pain.
Do Keep in Touch, But Only on Special Occasions
Calling just to check up on her in a week or a month is not really helpful. It just confuses things and catapults you back into the forefront of her mind. There is one exception here though… the special occasion. "If it's her birthday or a holiday and you were very close, then it is sweet to call to wish her well," says Puhn. However, don't call to make plans, don't call to discuss sensitive issues and don't talk for longer than ten minutes. "Be acquaintances and keep in mind that acquaintances rarely talk more than twice a year," says Puhn.
Don't Engage in Break-Up Sex
We know… it's comfortable, she's vulnerable, and you think one more time won't hurt anything. Wrong. When you get intimate she'll be reminded of the amazing physical connection you two had, and suddenly you're right back in it. Do you really want to go through another breakup? Ex sex doesn't end things… it just drags it out.
Do Reassure Her
One final point-let her know that she mattered. Puhn suggests saying something like "I enjoyed being with you, and I value the time we spent together, but we just aren't right for the long-run." She needs to know that you didn't consider her -a waste of time' or unimportant. That will help her risk giving her heart to someone else in the future.
Kimberly Dawn Neumann is a New York City-based freelance writer whose work has appeared in Cosmopolitan, Maxim, Marie Claire and other publications.
Delivering the news
Open the conversation by getting straight to the point, saying something like, "I'm no longer happy in this relationship" or "I'm having second thoughts about being in a serious, committed relationship." You want to avoid attacking her specifically at all costs, so use these suggestions rather than saying, "I'm no longer happy with you" or "I'm having second thoughts about being with you." Next, be prepared to explain why. Tell the truth as gently as possible; don't sugarcoat it too much and definitely do not lie. Even if you're fed up with her and can no longer stand to be in the same room with her, remember that there was a time when she was all you could think about. There was a time when your love for her was strong, and she deserves to be treated with patience and respect during this difficult moment.

Psychologically, nobody responds well to direct attacks that use the word "you." How you explain yourself to her and the words you choose to use are very important. Let's say that your reason for wanting to break up is that she's very clingy and needy, insanely jealous and irrationally possessive. Instead of saying, "You're too clingy and you're way too needy" try saying something like, "I feel like I need more space" and "I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to have to answer to anybody." Another option is, "I can't give you what you need, and it isn't fair to you for me to keep you in a relationship like that when you could be out meeting the person who can."

Receiving the news
Be prepared for her to quickly cycle through all five stages of mourning.

DENIAL: "You're crazy. You don't really want to break up, you're just upset."
ANGER: "This is so unfair. After everything I've done for you, everything I've put up with, YOU want to leave ME?!?!"
During the anger stage, if your girlfriend feels like she is being attacked (which is a common reaction when someone is being told there's something wrong with them) she will immediately go on the defensive and start retaliating against everything you're saying. She may tell you that your reasons for wanting to leave aren't valid, that she didn't do anything wrong, that you're not perfect either, etc. But if your heart is set on ending the relationship, firmly but gently tell her that your concerns are real and nothing she says is going to change that. Don't allow yourself to be distracted from the task at hand by getting dragged into an argument that analyzes and dissects your reasons. It's a diversion tactic that could have you sitting around for hours going over every angle. Doing this just postpones the inevitable. If your girlfriend approaches the anger stage in this way, tell her straight up that your feelings are valid even if she does not agree with your reasoning, and inform her that you are not going to sit here and fight and nitpick over every point.

Another common response is to turn everything back on to you and start listing your downfalls and character flaws. To avoid getting into a lengthy discussion about how much you suck, openly admit that you're not perfect and you're fully aware of it, say that you know you have faults of your own and would never claim otherwise, then direct the conversation back to ending the relationship.

BARGAINING: "Why don't we just take some time off instead? Let's spend a few days apart so you can see what it's like to miss me."
DEPRESSION: A combination of crying and wailing, "No one's ever going to love me ever again!"
ACCEPTANCE: "Fine. Whatever. Do what you want."

How to Break Your Addiction to a Person
Price: $8.03
List Price: $15.00
Break Up or Break Through
Price: $14.65
List Price: $15.95
Wake Up or Break Up: 8 Crucial Steps to Strengthening Your Relationship
Price: $3.75
List Price: $24.95
How to Tell If Your Boyfriend Is the Antichrist: And If He Is, Should You Break Up with Him?
Price: $3.08
List Price: $12.95

What to do if you're cheating on her
If you've been cheating on her and want to break-up so you can pursue a relationship with the other woman, you might as well just tell your girlfriend the truth because I guarantee she's going to find out anyway. If you're interested in someone else but have not yet crossed the line into cheating, be honest about this, too. Tell your girlfriend that you've developed feelings for someone else but that you respect her too much to cheat on her. However, it is something you want to explore so you wanted to be upfront with her before you actually did anything. You owe her honesty.

In this case, it is very common for a lot of women to start thinking there's something wrong with them, that they are not good enough or are lacking in some way. Although it's cliché to say, "It's not you, it's me" it's important to stress to your girlfriend that she didn't do anything wrong. Sometimes you just click with another person in a different way and feelings develop unexpectedly. Reassure her that she is an amazing, beautiful girl, but stick to your guns if you're truly set on leaving. Tell her that you're not going to be a jerk by keeping her in a relationship and sneaking around behind her back.

Working through it
Be prepared to spend at least an hour on the break-up conversation, if not more. Plan the break-up for a block of time when you know you're both going to be free. Most initial break-up conversations last several hours and span two or three days. You don't want to have to rush. Be patient, answer her questions and comfort her if she cries. At some point, however, you're going to have to cut it short. Once everything has been discussed there's no need to keep rehashing the same points. It just prolongs the pain, and don't be afraid to explain this to her. After a reasonable amount of time has passed, let her go so she can mourn on her own and talk to her friends to gain some perspective. She'll probably need a few days to come to grips with the situation, and will most likely be calling you during this time to express either extreme anger, guilt or sadness. There's nothing wrong with that, but after a week or two you may have to be a little firm with her because the sooner you break away from each other the more she can heal and the quicker you can go your separate ways.

Oftentimes, the break-up process is equally as difficult for the person who is doing the breaking. You may love your girlfriend deeply as a friend but find that your in-love feelings have faded. You may be dissatisfied with the direction the relationship is moving or have learned things about your partner that you don't appreciate and can't live with. This can be heart wrenching if you had hoped to spend your life with this person. But you owe it to yourself to do whatever you have to in order to make yourself happy, and you owe it to her to let her be free to find someone else. Sometimes you have to close one door to allow another one to open elsewhere.

Morphine

Morphine

These things do really always suck, unless they deserve it and they rarely do, I have personally never broken up with someone that deserved to be hurt like that and it hurt me a lot too having to do it.

I think I would just drive up to her house, call her cell and say "hey, can you come out for a sec?" and then just tell her. But that's just me, and I'm pretty bad at these things anyway =(

Wasabi Poptart

Actually, Morphine, I don't think that's such a bad idea. I really can't think of where he could take her to talk.

nfldraftman

CincyGuy

Yeah...you're toast...been there...done that...divorced that...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Were it me, I'd do like Morphine suggested, but go for a walk, instead. If y'all's weather has been anything like ours the last two days, temperatures should be down enough that this is even a viable option, instead of both of you dying of heat exhaustion.

There's nothing for it but to tell the truth. Period. Point. Blank. Anything else is just going to make it worse.

Calleja

Calleja

It's done. We're over. There were tears. Not just hers.

Awful.

I'll just crawl into bed now.

Wasabi Poptart

I'm sorry, Calleja.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Sorry man, but as someone who's had to do the same thing, I promise you it's better to have done it now rather than after she'd gotten even more attached to you and the idea of being with you. It likely doesn't mean much, but you did the right thing.

Math242

Math242

indeed

Morphine

Morphine

*hugs*

Philosopher B.

*hugs*

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

asteriks verb asteriks

Good that you did the right thing, Mex.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hugs, dude. Damn, reading tihs whole thread in one go sucks. Starts off cool and awesome and slowly descends into sad :-(
Now I didn't even get to make the jokes about staying together for all the kinky stuff you can't do on a one night stand! Damn it!

But, seriously, it sucks to be there, sorry to hear it :-/

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I know it was tough Calleja, but you did the right thing. Tears on your part are okay too, she might even understand that this was hard for you too.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

No platitudes from over here, simply because that I know you don't wanna hear them, no matter how well-intentioned.

Just support, and respect for doing what is/will ultimately be the best thing you could do in your circumstances...

Espy

Espy

Yeah, big respect from the baby. I know its tough man. You didn't take the cowards way out though, and that counts for something.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

*hugs*

MANLY hugs though. Don't get any funny ideas.

Disconnected

Become a gigolo. it's the only way now.

Element 117

Calleja

Calleja

Thanks guys. Really.

I've been in sort of a zombie haze today, not much work to do so I'm distracting my self by playing Pokemon with an emulator. She sent an SMS at 1:30am, with a corny phrase that still got to me and I won't share, and her telling me thanks for everything and that she (spanish word that's more than like but less than love, querer) me and... damn, that got me right in the gut again.

What really gets to me is that she was so... awesome. There was a point in the conversation where she must have noticed how awful it was for me and SHE tried to put on a brave face for MY sake. I was breaking up with her and she was still worried about how *I* felt. Every time I remember that I just feel worse, like human scum.

Don't worry, I got her to open up and say everything that was on her mind, we cried together, brainstormed for solutions together... and just said goodbye with a hug that neither of us wanted to break.

Element 117

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

:(

Element 117

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

.... I see what you did there

Calleja

Calleja

Is it weird that every single one of amy's posts in this thread have actually made me smile? More for the intention than the content, perhaps... but still.

Thanks. Really.

General Specific

General Specific

Calleja, this is for ... uh... the... wha... get well soon.

Element 117

Is it weird that every single one of amy's posts in this thread have actually made me smile? More for the intention than the content, perhaps... but still.

Thanks. Really.
And you repped me down for this, too.

Calleja

Calleja

What? No, I POS repped you.

I'm pretty sure.

Did I really misclick? I meant to rep you up, the comment was a smiley face!

Element 117

What? No, I POS repped you.

I'm pretty sure.

Did I really misclick? I meant to rep you up, the comment was a smiley face!

everyone has problems with tech:

Hylian

Hylian

I am sorry to hear it ended Calleja :(

Calleja

Calleja

Can someone pos rep Amy in my name? Two people, actually, cause we need to correct my mistake and THEN pos rep her up to what I originally intended.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I thought you and Morphine were a thing. I can't keep up with the soap-opera. Vaya con dios, mex.

Morphine

Morphine

I've wanted to rep a lot of people today but I'm having issues with the interface, the rep square appears below the post square, it sucks, it won't let me do anything.
so sorry, Calle, I was going to.

Morphine

Morphine

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

k, that is weird. What browser do you use, please? So I can try and reproduce and fix it. :)[/QUOTE]

If you're reproducing, then you haven't been fixed.

*hangs head* Yes, I know that was weak... I just woke up, okay?

Element 117

morphine:

breaks the internets

Cajungal

Cajungal

Heeheeheeheeheeeeeeeeee

Calleja

Calleja

I just scolded her for not posting her OS/Browser, should be here any minute.

Morphine

Morphine

IE, I'm at work.
windows XP professional.

//

uish, I didn't come because you scolded me, Calle. Uish uish uish u_u

and yes, I do break the internets ; _ ;

Calleja

Calleja

tee hee, told ya

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yeah, I have the same thing at ork IE 6 and Win2K make everything look like that. I don't think it's a flaw in the site, though :-P

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Mental note: Scolding doesn't work on Morphine. Got it *writes more notes*

Morphine

Morphine

It only works if you're my mom. She's the toughest woman ever. *scared*

Calleja

Calleja

Or me. It worked. Look up.

Disconnected

I didn't come because you scolded me, Calle.

my mind. it is so dirty.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I didn't come because you scolded me, Calle.

my mind. it is so dirty.[/QUOTE]

That's where I was TRYING to go with that... Morphine was too pure and innocent to catch it, though

Morphine

Morphine

Wow. I'm actually kind of proud of myself, my mind appeared to always be in the gutter, now I realize it's not always n_n

//

Thanks for looking into it, Ame. =)

Element 117

I didn't want positive rep, I just wanted a reason to justifiably hate calleja more. See, best thing for him right now is to treat him just the same as ever, no kid gloves, nothing. That way, he can have petty Internet drama llama distraction.

You can all rep me down then.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Why scold her when scalding hot water and then a beating with soap bars wrapped in towels is so much more fun?

Gusto

Gusto

I'm treating Calleja the same as ever...

...by generally not acknowledging him. ;)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Hmm...better try spankings... ;)

Calleja

Calleja

Well, gee, thanks, that really does make me feel all soft and mushy.:'(

Morphine

Morphine

Well you are soft and bushy

Calleja

Calleja

... did you just comment on my manscaping?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh damn, it's getting interesting in here.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Is anyone else gaining a luchadore mask fetish from all this?

Oh, no? Me neither...

Gusto

Gusto

D'awww shucks Calleja, I still love you! Remember how I had that dream where you tried desperately to throw a party for me in Mexico?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Hmm...better try spankings... ;)[/QUOTE]

That was going to be my next step, yes. Mit zum cuffink, und spanking, ja?

Morphine

Morphine

... did you just comment on my manscaping?
I was being punny! You do have a hairy chest and your beard does get bushy sometimes...

Calleja

Calleja

HEY!

I have a hairy THORAX.. I probably have more hair on my stomach than my chest :humph:

Morphine

Morphine

WHATEVERRRRR

Calleja

Calleja

They're about the same, really. It's a sexy man rug of sexyness.

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah well I got nipple curtains.

ElJuski

ElJuski

the HELL is going on in here.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I haven't heard enough about man hair today. Keep it coming.

Calleja

Calleja

I just ALMOST posted a picture of my naked thorax, but decided against it. phew.

Gusto

Gusto

I gotta shave this nonsense and take some more up-to-date topless pics...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Hirsuite hispanics, apparently. Where's Den and Tegid for the weigh-in?

Cajungal

Cajungal

You really should. Where else am I going to find topless pics on the internet?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I haven't heard enough about man hair today. Keep it coming.

I feel I could be an expert in this field... but I'm not nearly cruel enough to subject you to that.

Gusto

Gusto

They're in short supply!

Also, I'm not hispanic, despite my username.

I'm Slavic!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Hirsuite hispanics, apparently. Where's Den and Tegid for the weigh-in?
Tegid? The party is over, man. That guy is as hairy as an Ewok.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

@Gusto, I was responding to the comment about what was going on in here.... little did I know there was going to be an abundance of postings during my typing... *cue dramatic chord*

Gusto

Gusto

They're in short supply!

Also, I'm not hispanic, despite my username.

I'm Slavic![/QUOTE]

Slavic people have the hottest accents. <3[/QUOTE]

Not me. Too many generations. :(

Calleja

Calleja

I'm hairy AND bald. Plus I have big feet. It's like the manly trifecta.

Cajungal

Cajungal

But can you dance??

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Minus Man-points for lack of beard

Gusto

Gusto

I have big feet too, but not as disproportionately huge as my HANDS.

Morphine

Morphine

I'm Slavic!
Really? Me too =D *hi5*

Gusto

Gusto

I'm Slavic!
Really? Me too =D *hi5*[/QUOTE]

Element 117

Well, gee, thanks, that really does make me feel all soft and mushy.:'(
i said, no different treatment!

anyway, yeah, chalk one up for mew thinking you were Morphine's girl. You two seem like you'd make a perfect match made in hell.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm Slavic!

That's also why I tan so easy. :)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Apparently, I'm manly too.

Calleja

Calleja

Minus Man-points for lack of beard[/QUOTE]

What?

"beard" is included in "hairy", dude.

Morphine

Morphine

I'm Slavic!

That's also why I tan so easy. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't ; _ ;
but my mom does =/

Gusto

Gusto

Officer Charon has acted the fool once again. :p

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

@Calleja: Didn't you just shave it off?

Gusto

Gusto

I'm Slavic!

That's also why I tan so easy. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't ; _ ;
but my mom does =/[/QUOTE]

Well, I also do the Canadian thing and spend a lot of summer afternoons shirtless with a beer out on the deck.

Man it's been a nice summer.

Morphine

Morphine

What?

"beard" is included in "hairy", dude.

At what time of the day do you go out to get the bread?

(local joke)

Calleja

Calleja

I shaved it off like two weeks ago, man, that's more than enough time for it to become a beard again. Maybe not a BUSHY beard like morphine over there tried to imply and instead made us all think of pubic hair, but it's a beard anyway.

Gusto

Gusto

Maybe not a BUSHY beard like morphine over there tried to imply and instead made us all think of pubic hair, but it's a beard anyway.
I think you're projecting again.

;)

Also she never mentioned your HAIR. I think she said you as a PERSON were soft and bushy. :awesome:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Man, that's what I get for trying to beard the lion in his Den

Calleja

Calleja

Wait, how can a person be bushy?

Besides, y'know:

Element 117

That's no beard. That's a battlestation.

Gusto

Gusto

Wait, how can a person be bushy?
I dunno man, it was a dumb joke, just let it die. :laugh:

phil

phil

Is this about beards now? 'Cause I did something different with my facial hair that at first made me think "I look like a white supremacist" until I put my glasses on.

Now I don't know if I look alright or if I look like a Lenin cosplayer or possibly a white supremacist who is also nearsighted.

Gusto

Gusto

Fucking men, always flaunting their glorious beards. :humph:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Is this about beards now?

Oh please let it be so.

phil

phil

As I was asking that question ThatNickGuy made a thread about beards.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

Element 117

which kind of beard?

Gusto

Gusto

which kind of beard?
Tobias has BOTH kinds!

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Or rather, a mustache AND a beard.

Calleja

Calleja

Dudes, don't let Ravenpoe participate in the beard-off, I have a feeling he'd wipe us all.

With his beard.

We'd also be EXFOLIATED.

Element 117

I dunno, I think it makes his baby face features that much more adorable.

Also, are you feeling human again?

ElJuski

ElJuski

I don't get beards; just humble Collin Ferrel scuzz.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

which kind of beard?
Tobias has BOTH kinds!

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Or rather, a mustache AND a beard.[/QUOTE]

YES.

Calleja

Calleja

I'm... keeping myself distracted. She looked me up yesterday and we had a pretty intense talk, she had stuff she wanted to "ask", but it really was just her getting things of her chest. Which is quite understandable and I let her. Still felt awful, though.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So, am I the one with the baby face, or Calleja? If it's me, then I'm one sexy baby.

Someone hide me from Icarus.

Calleja

Calleja

I have everything but a baby face. She meant you.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Run, man. RUN!

Gusto

Gusto

I hereby coin the nickname Fur-nando.

Element 117

So, am I the one with the baby face, or Calleja? If it's me, then I'm one sexy baby.

Someone hide me from Icarus.
totally you.

lookit dem cheeks! *granny pinch*

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm totally fine with being a manchild. And I like my chubby cheeks. But don't pinch me with those old crone fingers!

Element 117

I'm totally fine with being a manchild. And I like my chubby cheeks. But don't pinch me with those old crone fingers!
*knobby knuckle pinch of grannyDOOM*

Calleja

Calleja

No, but seriously, if I liked guys I'd be all over Poe here.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

No, but seriously, if I liked guys I'd be all over Poe here.

If you liked guys, you'd be all over EVERYONE.

But thanks.

Calleja

Calleja

........ I guess that's a fair point. :paranoid:

Gusto

Gusto

:smug:

Actually, after Calleja posted that I started considering which male forumites I would go for... aaaaaand refrained from posting.

Calleja

Calleja

Espy's mine, bitch.

Gusto

Gusto

Espy has the same name as my brother, not interested.

Although I recently met a gay couple named Dave and David...

Cajungal

Cajungal

Espy has the same name as my brother, not interested.

Although I recently met a gay couple named Dave and David...
Nowww I'm picturing our Dave and David walking along happily, arm in arm. Picking out fresh fruit from a street market together. Smiling at the kids running by. Arguing whether red or white wine is better. Asking each other if they should go out and see Toy Story 3 or stay in and watch something on OnDemand.... D'aww...

Gusto

Gusto

Actually, come to think of it, this couple I saw kinda looked like younger versions of our Dave and David...

WERE YOU GUYS GETTING JIGGY IN A TIME MACHINE YOU CAN TELL ME

I'M HIP

phil

phil

Actually, after Calleja posted that I started considering which male forumites I would go for... aaaaaand refrained from posting.

If halforums were a bar I'd be giving you a knowing nod of my head (someone is going to FTFY in a bad way) and start ordering shots.

Element 117

Calleja

Calleja

anyway, yeah, chalk one up for mew thinking you were Morphine's girl. You two seem like you'd make a perfect match made in hell.
Someone remind me why those two aren't an item?[/QUOTE]

I missed that post of Amy's.

Are you asking why Morphine and I aren't together? Well, for starters, we live 6 hours apart. For continuers, someone would end up dead and quartered before 3 months if we were. Probably me, too.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Someone remind me why those two aren't an item?[/QUOTE]

I missed that post of Amy's.

Are you asking why Morphine and I aren't together? Well, for starters, we live 6 hours apart. For continuers, someone would end up dead and quartered before 3 months if we were. Probably me, too.[/QUOTE]

Still not seeing any negatives, at least for the net outcome of Halforums. And it'd make such a fun story!

Take one for the team, man.

Gusto

Gusto

And so, this thread about Calleja's romantic endeavours became a thread about man-on-man anime.

Keep on rockin', Halforums.

Element 117

kinky

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

i would totally take one... or nine for the team from Morphine.

Calleja

Calleja

And so, this thread about Calleja's romantic endeavours became a thread about man-on-man anime.

Keep on rockin', Halforums.
Don't forget the furry and manscapey stops along the way.

Gusto

Gusto

i would totally take one... or nine for the team from Morphine.
Word.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a little crush on her myself. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man, when Droll gets back--if Droll ever gets back--they oughta have a Halforums Heartthrob Throwdown.

Gusto

Gusto

Droll wins for Secret Santa-ing me the shirt I'm currently wearing. :)

phil

phil

So long as said throwdown includes a pool full of baby oil.

Calleja

Calleja

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, but Morphine has the brass ovaries to attack an armed man. It'd be close.

PLACE YA BETS!

Gusto

Gusto

Goddamn....

Calleja

Calleja

No, but seriously, it's all fun and games until someone makes a move on my morphine, then the salsa-covered machete comes out, bitches.

Cajungal

Cajungal

The acid from the tomato makes the machete wound sting, you see.

Element 117

Drills cute. Shego In girl mode is pretty damn cute, but morphine? *bites hand and eyes flutter* I'll be in the shower.. Taking one for the team.

Gusto

Gusto

Is this throwdown really all about Juski vs. Calleja?

Because I've been waiting for that brawl since aught eight.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Is this a throwdown :slap: or a "throwdown" :unibrow:?

Gusto

Gusto

Juice and Cally? A brawl.

Droll and Morphine..... well, the sky's the limit.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aw, shucks.

Element 117

Haha iPad calls her drill

Gusto

Gusto

Aw, shucks.
Well a lady can dream!

Element 117

*grabs cajungal and throws her down in the mud and dives in*

Calleja

Calleja

Juski beat me in the Droll category of the throwdown cause of damned geography.

He could argue it's the same factor that makes ME the winner in the Morphine category.

The tie breaker would have to be... damn, what's midway between Chicago and Queretaro?

Gusto

Gusto

Hahahaha!

FIRST ONE TO BANG DAVE WINS!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Ah dangit Gusto! I'd deleted that post cause Omaha's not really halfway between either. But yeah, thanks for picking up what I was putting down.

Cajungal

Cajungal

*grabs cajungal and throws her down in the mud and dives in*[/QUOTE]

That goes perfectly with your new sig. It's like they're watching. :confused:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

*grabs cajungal and throws her down in the mud and dives in*[/QUOTE]

That goes perfectly with your new sig. It's like they're watching. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Pay no attention to the uniformed man sitting behind them with the popcorn...

phil

phil

Hahahaha!

FIRST ONE TO BANG DAVE WINS![/QUOTE]

No one ever has a bang Phil contest.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hahahaha!

:([/QUOTE]

Makes no sense. Chicks dig cello.

Ross

Ross

I was wondering how this thread doubled in size from when I checked it this morning. Approved.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Juski beat me in the Droll category of the throwdown cause of damned geography.

He could argue it's the same factor that makes ME the winner in the Morphine category.

The tie breaker would have to be... damn, what's midway between Chicago and Queretaro?[/QUOTE]

Technically I beat you twice.

Hahahaha!

Plane ticket already bought.

Element 117

Hahahaha!

:([/QUOTE]
No one ever has a bang Amy contest either. The world goes on.

Gusto

Gusto

If people had a bang Gusto contest I'd probably phone the police.

UNLESS CHARON OR FRANK WAS INVOLVED :Leyla:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

That's because we all know that you'll cull whomsoever you want out of the herd, as it were. *grins*

Calleja

Calleja

People have bang Calleja contests ALL THE TIME.

I'll fight back one day, too.

Gusto

Gusto

I think someone needs to start a thread.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

When can I tap dat?

:D

ElJuski

ElJuski

I think someone needs to start a thread.
for banging?

Gusto

Gusto

Precisement.

Morphine

Morphine

Ush, now the fun is over and I missed it all. ¬¬

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Ush, now the fun is over and I missed it all. ¬¬
Don't worry, we can make our own fun :eyebrows:

AAAAGH, MACHETE!

AND DELICIOUS SALSA!

Math242

Math242

When can I tap dat?

:D[/QUOTE]

WORD