Has any Forumite Influenced Your Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either by who they are, write like or their avatar?

For example: I just found a coin from Brazil in a deposit made by a client, my mind went straight to "JCM".

I see Picard pictures and immediately associate them with "Chaz" or "Jay".

Anyonelse get that from time to time thanks to someone you've come across here?

Picard = Chaz

Shego or Wanda = Shego

Gandhi = Juski

Those are basically the subconscious recognition ones. Apart from that, yes, there are many people here who have influenced me, and they know who they are.

C

Chazwozel

It makes me so happy that I've ruined 99% of the forums NG experience. :twisted:

Oh Shegs, I always think of you when I grease a TF2 sniper. :heythere:

GasBandit

Staff member
All of you guys make me easier to get along with, because you satisfy my need for aggressive discussion.

That out of the way, I've heard more than once around here that people just can't look at a certain legume product the same way any more.

Cajungal

Staff member
O sure, a lot. Futurama quotes usually make me think of Gusto now. Now when I watch Red Dwarf I think of Ed. When I watch a movie I think of how fun it would be to watch with Kissinger and CdS. The list goes on and on.

Whenever I see a horse, I think of Falineolight.

Whenever I see Link, I think of Shawacy.

Whenever I see a hot latina woman with nice hair I think of Shego.

Whenever I think of movies that bore me, I think of Charlie Don't Sleep.

Whenever I see fireworks, I think of Gusto. rawr... lorenzo!

more to come... this is hard to do during a meeting

ps: wtf is our store link, me want that mug and stuffs

Cajungal

Staff member
-Sports in general make me think of jhwouk, because his status messages on facebook are usually some sporty jargon that I don't understand.

-Violent movies/shows make me think of Shego

-Owls = Bubble of course, especially if they look like they're thinking inappropriate thoughts. :tongue:

C

Chibibar

Cajungal = now I associate her with cajun cooking :)

Shego = I cannot watch Kim Possible the same way. I always think Shego = Shego :)

Ed = Ed is ed. I see a happy face I see Ed.

GasBandit

Staff member
North_Ranger said:
= GasBandit
Timo Soini? Of the True Finns party? The extremely ultra left-wing finnish political party that decries the EU as "capitalist" and exhorts the virtues of the welfare state, demonizes private sector medical care, hates tax cuts, loves big government and redistribution of wealth, and opposes NATO?

Really?

That's some seriously crossed wires there.

A

Aisaku

Gusto = Futurama

Calleja = Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Zen Monkey = Ape Escape.

North Ranger = All Dwarves

Shego = I don't even watch Kim Possible but I make the connection everytime I see the characters. Besides there is a following going all Shegokigo so...

Chazwozel said:
You'd have fun with me recently, I've been 100% huntsman for the past couple of weeks, been making life really interesting for spies. :twisted:
GasBandit said:
All of you guys make me easier to get along with, because you satisfy my need for aggressive discussion.

That out of the way, I've heard more than once around here that people just can't look at a certain legume product the same way any more.
You know what's strange though Gas, the forum has had an odd effect on both of us. I noticed our bile spewing has really reduced since the move. I know I consciously, from time to time, reduce the "impact" of some of my posts or "dialing it back" before hitting the "reply" key, but I know alot of it has to be subconscious too.

Shegokigo said:
Chazwozel said:
You'd have fun with me recently, I've been 100% huntsman for the past couple of weeks, been making life really interesting for spies. :twisted:
GasBandit said:

You know what's strange though Gas, the forum has had an odd effect on both of us. I noticed our bile spewing has really reduced since the move. I know I consciously, from time to time, reduce the "impact" of some of my posts or "dialing it back" before hitting the "reply" key, but I know alot of it has to be subconscious too.
And I curse a lot more here. What the fuck?

GasBandit

Staff member
No, for me it's more about not having as much time as I used to because I'm busier at work. Otherwise my biliousness would be cranked up to normal levels.

Shegokigo said:
Little less "Rebel Without a Cause" and a little more "We Love Big Brother"?

sixpackshaker said:
I make sure I don't silhouette myself against the curtains to avoid being head-shot... hi sheg!
What's most annoying is when you carry that reflective plate when you walk to your car. Gets right in my eyes every damn time. :eek:rly:
Cajungal said:
-Violent movies/shows make me think of Shego
Flattery will get you everywhere my sweet. :twisted:
Chibibar said:
Shego = I cannot watch Kim Possible the same way. I always think Shego = Shego :)
Aisaku said:
Shego = I don't even watch Kim Possible but I make the connection everytime I see the characters. Besides there is a following going all Shegokigo so...
You know, I kinda did it to myself too. I read the "fic" Small Possibility, where "Kigo" really took off from, and ever since I can't watch the show. Funny thing is, I purposely only watched episodes with Shego in it anyway.

Let's see...everyone already mentioned what reminds me of Shego.

Whenever I see siamese cats I think of ZenMonkey.

Clone High makes me think of Juski. Hitchhikers Guide Calleja. Dwarves or Finland North Ranger.

I always think of Bubble now when ever I see owls. That causes me some problems because I designed a tiny Owl character for the comic and every time I look at it I think that everyone is going to think about Bubble.

OH! And there's a type of Sundae you can get in a local ice cream place called Bumble Berry Delight...everytime I have it I think of Bumble. I once said out loud to my husband, "I wonder if this is what Bubmle would taste like." I had no idea how wrong that sounded until the word had already exited my mouth.

I got the stink eye that day.

And now all you guys know about it too.

Cajungal

Staff member
LittleSin said:
OH! And there's a type of Sundae you can get in a local ice cream place called Bumble Berry Delight...everytime I have it I think of Bumble. I once said out loud to my husband, "I wonder if this is what Bubmle would taste like." I had no idea how wrong that sounded until the word had already exited my mouth.quote]

:rofl:

Cajungal said:
LittleSin said:
OH! And there's a type of Sundae you can get in a local ice cream place called Bumble Berry Delight...everytime I have it I think of Bumble. I once said out loud to my husband, "I wonder if this is what Bubmle would taste like." I had no idea how wrong that sounded until the word had already exited my mouth.
I should tell you that I was thinking about vampires at the time. I was wondering if different people would have flavors.

It made sense in my head.

My stupid, stupid head.

LittleSin said:
:rofl: :thumbsup: :unibrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.