[Halforums] Whatever happened to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently you don't understand what puns are... yeah, that was way over the line. Unless you're claiming it wasn't supposed to be a pun, in which case, you're a terrible liar. :p
I'm not claiming it doesn't sound like a certain horrible word, but it -isn't- a certain horrible word. It doesn't even share an etymological root. But that hasn't stopped some politicians being thrown out of office for saying it.

Geez, you throw on one klan cloak and spout a few words that sound like racial slurs, and all of a sudden you get labeled a racist. The world today!

Despite his terrible grammar, I kinda miss Chibi. He was so innocent and optimistic. It was refreshing sometimes. He was a nice contrast to some of the more jaded elements we have around here.

ElJuski

Staff member
Despite his terrible grammar, I kinda miss Chibi. He was so innocent and optimistic. It was refreshing sometimes. He was a nice contrast to some of the more jaded elements we have around here.
WHO THE FUCK IS JADED.

Yeah he was all right, despite his grasp on the english language being absolutely awful

S

SeraRelm

Seriously though, Halforums?

Seriously?

I am VERY disappointed no one has posted this one yet.

I also remember a Greek forumite called Sosp who disappeared right around the massive Greek fires a while back. Hope he's ok.

I miss Crone. Given what she said about her health, I fear the worst, but I hope she's okay and just dealing with better things than this place.

I also remember a Greek forumite called Sosp who disappeared right around the massive Greek fires a while back. Hope he's ok.
He was still posting during those, so I think he was okay, but I imagine he didn't have a lot of time for the net.

Though I thought he left because he was pissed at the rest of us for asserting Spartans were gay.

He was still posting during those, so I think he was okay, but I imagine he didn't have a lot of time for the net.

Though I thought he left because he was pissed at the rest of us for asserting Spartans were gay.
To be fair, we only did that because Spartans were known to have sex with other men and little boys.

To be fair, we only did that because Spartans were known to have sex with other men and little boys.

I think it grew out of proportion because 1. he got so damn angry about it, saying we were offending his ancestors and that he was directly descended from the Spartans and some other stuff; then 2. that to him homosexuality = pedophilia.

M

makare

Alright, I'll admit, I thought of this as soon as I saw the thread title

This has been popping in my head every time I read the forum and I just now figured out why.... subliminal messages

...Mav. I can't remember quite what it was that drove him away.
I remember Mav's avatar but don't remember much about him or how he started getting people's goat. I must have missed whatever the offending posts were.
Speaking of Mav, I've been a regular for a good while now, but I can't remember any drama he caused or why he left. All I recall was he was a major Doctor Who fan.
Well...

Wishing rape on another poster isn't memorable now?
This, to Crone, who is also...

Mav was also infamous for jumping down JCM's throat because JCM made a thread about one day's Penny Arcade strip, and so ruined Mav's reading order. Mav was also incredibly misogynist. Charlie gets after people presently here for jokes--he has no concept of the festering cesspool that was Mav's POV on women, basically (paraphrasing) that women are tricksters who don't know what they want, and his views on how to handle that ranged from showing them what a wonderful person he was deep down underneath to... well, the kind of crap said to Crone.

M

makare

to be fair about his thinking women are tricksters he had no experience with women EXCEPT that chick who took advantage of him. He just didn't have the maturity or experience to properly frame that one woman's actions as well one woman's actions.

I am not really defending Mav over all. He and I HATED each other on here and on irc but I did feel bad for him being treated like shit by that chick. No one deserves that.

M

makare

If anyone was a good candidate for a real doll loan it was mav.

i assume they get loans for those things. maybe they have financing.

If anyone was a good candidate for a real doll loan it was mav.

i assume they get loans for those things. maybe they have financing.
You can probably get a good deal on repossessions from schmucks that couldn't pay.

Just, you know... wash thoroughly.

Speaking of Mav, I've been a regular for a good while now, but I can't remember any drama he caused or why he left. All I recall was he was a major Doctor Who fan.

He worked as a telemarketer, and was seriously trying to form a union. UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss Crone. Given what she said about her health, I fear the worst, but I hope she's okay and just dealing with better things than this place.
Dude she changes her name on a weekly basis. I'm pretty sure she lurks here all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.