Halforums Movie Nights!

Hey there, looks like my plans have changed at the last moment, so I will be joining in. If you wouldn't mind still hosting this, Bones, that would be great. I'll try to make sure I take charge for the next one.

In the meantime, hopefully people can turn out for Big Trouble in Little China, tonight at 10 PM eastern/7 PM Pacific.

Hey there, folks. We had another fun night of movie watching with Big Trouble in Little China, but now we'd like to open up to popular opinion. Which of the two following would you like to watch at the next movie night?

1. The Mupper Movie (1979)

or

2. Street Fighter (1994)

Let us know so we can decided on what to watch next.

I imagine I'd enjoy muppets more than street fighter, but I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy street fighter too and it's one I haven't seen. Sooo... I vote for either!

also for some inexplicable reason all the Friday the 13th movies are off Netflix at the moment, so I'm gonna roll solo unless anyone is insane like me and owns literally every movie with Jason Voorhees.

I imagine I'd enjoy muppets more than street fighter, but I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy street fighter too and it's one I haven't seen. Sooo... I vote for either!
You might enjoy watching The Muppet Movie, but you will probably enjoy commenting on Street Fighter even more.

--Patrick

Are you sure that the Street Fighter movie up on Netflix is the live action Van Damme movie, because they've had multiple animated movies on Netflix in the past.

BTW, I will MAKE time to watch Street Fighter.

Are you sure that the Street Fighter movie up on Netflix is the live action Van Damme movie, because they've had multiple animated movies on Netflix in the past.
I've seen both. The live action one is better, if you can imagine it.

--Patrick

doomdragon6

Staff member
I love the Street Fighter movie. Love in quotes. Super ironic quotes.

But for real, that movie is fun to watch for a number of reasons.

Thing is, I've seen it too many times and I'll be out of town anyway, so may need to pass on that one.

FYI, I did double check and it is the live action Jean Claude Van Damme/Raul Julia movie that they have up on Netflix.

Alright, folks. Here is the screening for this week:

Street Fighter (1994)
Day/Time: Thursday, 10 PM Eastern/7 PM Pacific

I'll have Vent open to listen, but I'll talk in shoutbox.

Hey there, everyone. Another screening has come and gone. Now, let's start thinking of the next movie night. Here are some possible options:

1. The Adventures of Tintin (2011)
2. The Goonies (1985)
3. Speed Racer (2008)

What do you think? Any of these options good, or something else you might suggest?

Fuck yeah Goonies! I'll do my best to be there next week whatever it is. I was planning to be there this week, but stuff got messy.

Y'all keep holding these things when I can't come.

Granted, my schedule right now is a big, fat, blur, so there's that.

--Patrick

Alright. For this week:

The Goonies (1985)
Day/Time: Thursday, 10 PM Eastern/7 PM Pacific

I'll have Vent open, but I'll primarily talk through Shoutbox. I really hope that people turn out for this week's screening.

The only issue I have with it at the moment is that my only copy of The Goonies is on VHS and I don't have a VCR anymore.

I'll probably have to:
pirate.jpg

http://www.canistream.it/search/movie/4eb03aa5f5f807b763000000/the-goonies

It's on amazon (free for prime subscribers, $1.99 to rent for non prime), and youtube ($1.99), and a number of others for $2.99.

Also if you buy the DVD of it from Amazon ($4.99) then they give you a 24 hour rental steaming token you can redeem later so you can watch it while the DVD is being shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Goonies-Sean-Astin/dp/B000P0J09W

Also, for those who haven't seen it and don't currently have a desire to see it, keep in mind it's widely considered a classic and it's worth watching at least once:

You may be surprised to discover that the director of the Lethal Weapon movies and scary horror flick The Omen, Richard Donner, also produced and directed this classic children's adventure (which, by the way, was written by Donner's screen-wizard friend Steven Spielberg). Then again you may not. The Goonies, like Donner's other movies, is the same story of good versus evil. It has its share of bad guys (the Fratelli brothers and their villainous mother), reluctant-hero good guys (the Walsh bothers and their gang of friends), and lots of corny one-liners. Like in an old-fashioned Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew plot, the Goonies need to solve a problem: a corrupt corporate developer has bought out their neighborhood and plans to flatten all their homes. Luckily, the beloved gang stumbles on a treasure map. In the hopes of finding the treasure to buy back their houses, the Goonies embark on their quest through underground passages, aboard pirate ships, and behind waterfalls. This swashbuckling and rollicking ride was also a great breeding ground for a couple of child actors who went on to enjoy numerous successes in adulthood: Sean Astin (Rudy, Encino Man) and Martha Plimpton (Pecker, 200 Cigarettes).