[PC Game] Halforums House: Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows

Holly and Gusto start off the fall season by painting.

Kags and Nick both get invited to a party. Kags takes the chance to get a little "friendlier" with their host Isaac...

...but Nick finds out the truth! Eliza has been cheating on him with Isaac!

Nick is feeling angry and betrayed for the next little while, and Kags is embarrassed to have flirted with an unavailable dude. The two comfort each other and end up better friends for the experience.

The neighbourhood is still prone to the occasional thunderstorm, it seems, even in the fall. Bowie learns the hard way that working on the roof during a lightning storm isn't the greatest idea.

Holly's going a little stir-crazy after not being in the house for so long. She, Kags, and some other decide to hit The Grind for some drinks and dancin'.

Nick runs into Eliza at the club, and gets some closure by officially breaking up with her.

Holly meets Evan at the club and shows him her sexy dance! Yowza!

Meanwhile, all alone at home, CK decides hottubbing in the storm isn't EXTREME enough, and opts to do it nude.

For shame Issac!! For shame! I'm glad Nick and I can be better friends because of it all, though. YAY!

WOOO, goin' to da club!! Go Holly it's your birthday, it's your birthday! We're going to party like it's your birthday!

.....I need to probably not be on the internet today...

Is Bowie okay?? I hope my partner in crime isn't seriously hurt.

Is Bowie okay?? I hope my partner in crime isn't seriously hurt.
There is a status that lasts for about a day called "Singed" that happens when you fail at repairing something electronic or get burned or hit by lightning or stuff like that. It's kind of a warning state, because having that status DRAMATICALLY increases the likelihood of the event happening again, with fatal consequences.

For example, if Bowie had been struck by lightning, then gone inside to repair a broken TV, his chances of death by electrocution while doing the repair would have been 100%.

So after being hit by lightning, Bowie basically went inside and counted his blessings. :)

Last update feels Jayless.

Yes, yes it is.

Correct this Good Sir.

*narrows eyes and rubs tips of fingers together*

It's autumn in Starlit Shores, and the autumn festival comes with it. This festival features a pumpkin pie booth, a pumpkin patch (from which Sims can harvest pumpkins either for planting, carving, or making pumpkin pie). There is also a hunted house and a mechanical bull.

Jay creates his greatest pancakes ever, and gets to use the Kick Up A Notch action on them. He's THIS close to mastering the Cooking skill. But all work and no play makes Jay a depressed boy.

Gusto goes for a morning dip in the hot tub and starts a new masterpiece.

Jay's Social Butterfly trait makes him EXTRA depressed when he doesn't socialize for a long time, and Jay yearns to be where the people are, he wants to see, wants to see 'em dancin'.

The paparazzi is checking him out as always. This just in: dat assssss.

Nick and Kags go along too, since Kags got the job from her agent again to dance at The Grind as a celebrity.

Bowie watches the news in his room, just below the portrait Gusto painted of him.

CK and Holly get cozy in the hot tub.

Errabody in da club gettin' tipsy.

Jay asks the only other girl there to dance, but is rejected. His social needs STILL unfulfilled, he sulks all the way home. :(

Ohhhh, poor Jay!! I hope he gets some love soon.

OMG, I get to go dancing and get paid for it?? Best job ever. Thank you Agent.
I'm glad that Nick and I are still getting along as friends, yay!

Scandal! Cuddling in the hottub? We all know what happens after cuddling......

1) That picture of Bowie staring at the wall is creeeepy. (I know there's a tv there but its hidden so it looks like he's staring at the wall, prepping for a crazed murder spree when everyone gets home. Hey! That could be the next Sims pack! Sims: The Overlook Hotel Pack! )
2) What is the one blur bar supposed to be covering in the hot tub? Ck's nipples? :p

1) That picture of Bowie staring at the wall is creeeepy. (I know there's a tv there but its hidden so it looks like he's staring at the wall, prepping for a crazed murder spree when everyone gets home. Hey! That could be the next Sims pack! Sims: The Overlook Hotel Pack! )
Did you notice he also looks naked and we can't see his hands.....?

WiyDq.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1353435800][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ohhhh, poor Jay!! I hope he gets some love soon.
CAN I HAS FRIEND?[DOUBLEPOST=1353435840][/DOUBLEPOST]
I say we make a big shindig party on Jay's behalf.
Yiiiiiis, JayDay![DOUBLEPOST=1353435872][/DOUBLEPOST]
Jay man up and cut in.
SimJay needs to be more like Jay and Jay away. Okay?

Gusto gets his clothes swiped from the hot tub, but decides to own it and eats at family breakfast anyway.

Gusto and Holly get into the Spooky Day spirit by carving their first pumpkins.

So does Bowie, by trying out a new style (I can only assume, I have no other idea why this would happen).

Droll is so athletic that scientists are studying her! She jogs for a while and returns the pedometer for a fat check. Notice the Fall Festival grounds in the background.

Jay hits the club again after work to get his social on. He's feeling much better, but Barry doesn't want to hear Jay's thesis on how to properly cook a steak just now.

CK earns enough aspiration points to buy the Fireproof Household reward, and lights the fireplaces with impunity!

Jay and Droll both get called in (as celebrity guests) to give a presentation at the business centre. As Jay's taking his turn, Droll catches up on some of her online chess games.

Now that we're about halfway through fall, the Gardening rules change. Some plants are still working (including the new pumpkin vines), but the lime tree has gone dormant probably until spring.

And Kags and Nick take a break from their pool game for some socialization.

That...looks like more than socializing.....Aaaannd...still in my jammies.

OMG, pumpkins! I'm so excited for more fall festivity-ness going on with the house. Yay!

I would just like to say that CK is a stud! Fireproofing the house is one of the best things yet.

figmentPez

Staff member
Right now I'm kinda glad I didn't ask for a simPez to be put in the mix. First, I'd be so incredibly creeped out if my sim ended up with LittleKagsin 's sim. Second, even if I didn't end up in that weirdness, I don't like the idea of my sim having a better romantic life than I do.

Right now I'm kinda glad I didn't ask for a simPez to be put in the mix. First, I'd be so incredibly creeped out if my sim ended up with LittleKagsin 's sim. Second, even if I didn't end up in that weirdness, I don't like the idea of my sim having a better romantic life than I do.
I generally post pics of the Sims' initial flirtations before letting them go through with their wishes to take the relationship further. If Droll had seen the first screen of Gusto and her flirting, and been uncomfortable at the prospect, I would have stopped it from happening. Neither Kags nor Nick have Flirty traits, so it's taken them a while to get to this point (opposed to Droll and Jay, with the trait, who were in relationships almost immediately).

What I'm saying is that I would certainly take participants' wishes into account if they did or didn't want their Sims to develop in a certain way, and even without them saying so, I can kind of assume a bit. Believe it or not, the person in the house that has been asked on the most dates is Bowie, but no one who asked him was a dude, so I've declined 'em all.

figmentPez

Staff member
I've never played the Sims, so I had no idea you had that kind of control. Still the second reason still holds, since I wouldn't want to ruin everyone else's fun just because I'm all :foreveralone:

I've never played the Sims, so I had no idea you had that kind of control. Still the second reason still holds, since I wouldn't want to ruin everyone else's fun just because I'm all :foreveralone:
Haha fair enough. :)

Yeah there's a lot of control you can have, which makes things all the more interesting when you do very little and just let people act out what they'd do naturally. This time around, rather than depending ENTIRELY on their free will, I'm also helping them now and then to do things that they wouldn't do autonomously, which accelerates things a bit and generally makes them more interesting to screenshot. Otherwise a third of my screenshot would be people playing video games and reading books, and I certainly couldn't get 2-3 decent updates every day. :)

Holly attempts some sort of trick sot involving a gnome, but bashes herself in the eye instead.

Nick incorporates flaming juggling kung-fu into his act.

Droll and CK match their incredible wits.

Nick finishes his show, and is promoted to the top of his career! As a Master Acrobat, he has achieved his lifetime goal, and is now an S&M khal! The audience loses their minds! Nick made $11,000 for that performance.

Kags, as a Sim with both Kleptomania and Good traits, feels the urge to return some of her stolen goods. Ain't dat sweet! She returns a clock and a lamp.

Holly gets commissioned to write a biography for a neighbour!

Nick's facepaint apparently turns Kags on.

The next morning is Spooky Day! Gusto plans the party and everyone else starts preparing!

Stay tuned for the Spooky Day shenanigans!

Oh good gravy! I'm glad simKags has some love in her life, I would be sad if she were alone. Way to step up to the plate simNick!

D'aww, I return things!!

Carefully place newspaper under the rug to protect the carpet...
Gusto got that rug as a free handout for being a celebrity. If I get pumpkin guts all over it, I've got two more to replace it with. :)

I should think about posting all the free shit we've got. :)