Export thread

Halforums House: Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows

Gusto

Gusto

The Sims are all collected and ready to move in!

Meet:

Gusto Miller Gusto

Jay Sirius Jay

Holly Sinlittle LittleSin

Chris Kills CynicismKills

Sammi Smack-Daniels HowDroll

Nick Guy ThatNickGuy

Kags Sinlittle LittleKagsin

and Lee Bowie Bowielee

*please note that I did the best I can with the character builder. Proportions can be really weird to manage. If you want anything editted within reason, send me a PM*

Screenshots of the house to come!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Oh God I dress like a tool. This can only end in tears.

Jay

Jay

I look perfect.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

D'aww, she's adorable!! (Is it okay for me to say my sim is adorable?) And I'm kind of, pretty much, beyond excited that Sin and I are sisters.

This is going to be good.

Gusto

Gusto

Oh God I dress like a tool. This can only end in tears.
Is it the pants? It's the pants, isn't it.

If you'd like me to change something, it'll take like 20 seconds, don't hesitate to ask.

drifter

drifter

Ironic that Bowielee is the only one with a wedding ring.

Gusto

Gusto

Welcome to the Halforums Mansion!

This edition of Halforums House takes place in Starlight Shores, the Sims 3: Showtime town modelled after Los Angeles. As such, we get the ballin' modern mansion on the ocean cliff:

1. Chris' room.
2. Lee's room.
3. Nick's room.
4. Sammi's room.
5. Jay's room.
6. Excellent open-concept kitchen/dining/living area.
7. Stairs down to the garage/basement, currently containing 3 washer-dryer sets and 8 empty parking spaces.
8. Outdoor pool and steps up to second floor rooftop.

9. Rooftop kitchenette with barbecue, bar, karaoke machine and firepit.
10. Billiards, chess and television overlooking the first floor.

11. ANOTHER rooftop, this one currently holding a dominos table and two lounge chairs.
12. Holly's room.
13. Kags' room.
14. Gusto's room.
16. Art studio.

Everything has it's own sort of internal logic. Nick and Chris have rooms near the exercise equipment and pool since their professions will require the most working out. Sammi's room is on the main floor for the same reason. Jay's room has easy access to the kitchen since he'll likely be cooking 90% of the time. EVERYONE on the main floor has a lifetime goal that means they're going to work most days, and walking from the top floor to the front door could take like two hours. These workhands need faster access to their places of business than that. Lee, who will have 4 jobs eventually, is closest to the door. Everyone upstairs has SOME interest in the upstairs art studio, and has the ability has artists/writers to work from home.

strawman

strawman

I notice your room is next to two women.

You dog, you.

Gusto

Gusto

But not the girl with the Flirty trait. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1352251031][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ironic that Bowielee is the only one with a wedding ring.
It's his Lantern ring! If only I could give him 10.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

This is one of the greatest things ever. Oh! I'm so excited!!

But watch out Gusto - SimKags is a hopeless romantic...and a klepto...

Gusto

Gusto

By the way, if there's anything personal you'd like me to put in your room, let me know, and maybe I can find something to fit. :) This is OUR house and I'm definitely open to suggestions for new toys or decor. :)

Everyone's first goal upon loading was to find a job or learn a skill, except for LittleSin 's, who immediately wanted a motorcycle. So I take Sim tastes into account too. ;)

strawman

strawman

YOU. WILL. LOVE. MEEEEEEE - ooh, nice trash can.

Yoink!

Gusto

Gusto

Kleptomania could be interesting, especially since I pay very little attention to the individual deeds of Sims in the HFH. I expect to just find a car in Kags' inventory someday.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I love fluffy things...so if there's anything fluffy you could put in my room, that would be pretty true to life. :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

She'll steal your heart... and then she'll steal your wallet.

strawman

strawman

Of the guys, only gusto and jay aren't fluffy.

Looks like you'll have your pick of fluffy things.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Pool adjacent, sweet!

strawman

strawman

Littlekagsin needs a blue couch, btw.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Damn, you did a good job recreating me!

Although, I do have bright orange hair at the moment! :p

Something personal in my room...a book shelf of some kind. Or a computer. Or something totally hipster-gothish. :p

Bowielee

Bowielee

TV and game console in my room, if you please.

Gusto

Gusto

I love fluffy things...so if there's anything fluffy you could put in my room, that would be pretty true to life. :)
So it turns out there's a stuffed unicorn item, LITERALLY named "It's so Fluffy!". There is now one on your vanity, plus a blue couch, a butterfly wall decoration, and a full length mirror.

LittleSin has a small bookshelf next to a desk with a laptop and a pretty cool painting.

Bowielee got his bed moved to an opposite wall to fit in a TV, game console, and two easychairs.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I regret that the Sims engine was unable to fully recreate the awesomeness of Cynicism's 'chops.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Oh yay!! That makes me so happy!! (Also, good call with the butterfly decoration - they're one of my favorite things.)

Gusto

Gusto

I regret that the Sims engine was unable to fully recreate the awesomeness of Cynicism's 'chops.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out!
Of all the people I made, he was the most disappointing. :( I just couldn't get his hair or beard right. Maybe if I had a better pic. Maybe I'll scour Facebook.[DOUBLEPOST=1352257856][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh yay!! That makes me so happy!! (Also, good call with the butterfly decoration - they're one of my favorite things.)
Oh and I was a liiiiiittle able to recreate your Alice costume as your formal wear and a Poison Ivy bathing suit one-piece. :) Hair colour's the same as your usual but I couldn't really fix that.

Jay

Jay

Can't wait for your first HFH Diary.

Gusto

Gusto

Jay figures the best way to immediately befriend his new roomies is to make some waffles for everyone.

Sammi's a little shy at first and while everyone starts socializing, she plays chess online.

Sorry Gusto, your moves aren't impressing Holly one bit. I love his expression. "Eh? EH!?"

Maybe Holly's just a little shy, she seems to open up a bit while playing video games with her sister Kags.

No one immediately flocks to his waffles, so Jay and Bowie begin a conversation about literature.

But Nick and Chris smell the waffles across the house and decide to carbo-load before their work out.

It just takes the right topics for Holly to open up. She enthusiastically discusses fine art with Gusto...

... and then Kags joins in for a conversation about space. Looks like Nick's stumbling on the treadmill while Chris isn't really sure how to work his machine at all.

Jay

Jay

My sims face....

image.png

figmentPez

figmentPez

... and then Kags joins in for a conversation about space. Looks like Nick's stumbling on the treadmill while Chris isn't really sure how to work his machine at all.

That is clearly a talk about stardom, or about Bad Company. I'm not sure. Kags, do you think SimKags is a fan of classic rock?

Jay

Jay

2image.png

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

That is clearly a talk about stardom, or about Bad Company. I'm not sure. Kags, do you think SimKags is a fan of classic rock?
With the 'excitable' trait, I think SimKags likes everything. So, yes.

Jay

Jay

Who liked my waffles?!?!?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Google image search for: Jay's Waffles

1st result:
110520-P16870.JPG

2nd result:
waffle_pony__colour_____rainbows____by_philly_jays-d5bmyah.jpg

Waffle Pony, COLOUR!!!! RAINBOWS!!! by ~Philly-Jays

Some days I just love Google Image Search.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Can't operate workout equipment and a love of baked breakfast goods? Yeah. Yeah that's me.

Gusto

Gusto

Kags plays a few discordant notes the first night, but CK and Droll are too polite to boo her.

The next morning, CK is the first one up. He's gotta be out the door early for basic training.

Everyone else gets to enjoy a leisurely breakfast before going to work.

It ain't easy for an aspiring acrobat. Everyone's gotta start somewhere, and Nick opts to start behind the diner where Jay works, in an invisible box.

The artsy folk start on their first pieces.

Jay runs to catch his ride to the diner, where he starts in the dish pit. Droll finishes her workout and heads to her first shift as a professional athlete.

Having written half of her first book and earned a writing point, Holly registers with the city as a self-employed writer...

... and then shortly after hears the horror stories from Bowie's first day at the public school.

Droll and Bowie attmept to play a game of pool before bed but they're too tired to even finish. Dey work hard for de money.

Gusto

Gusto

All these Likes and Loves are swell, people, but feel free to comment. ;)

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

All these jerks sitting around fingerpainting while Jay and I pay the bills. Sheesh.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Hey, I spent all day teaching little monsters, apparently.

Gusto

Gusto

All these jerks sitting around fingerpainting while Jay and I pay the bills. Sheesh.

Hey YOUR lifetime goal is to reach the top of the military track and go to space. Gusto's goal is to make a lot of friends and party all the time. You should be happy he works at all. ;)

Hey, I spent all day teaching little monsters, apparently.
You wish. Right now you're at Education level 1: Recess Attendant.

Dave

Dave

Jay is a MIME?!? And is that Kags paining in her lingerie?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I was about to ask the same - Am I painting in my jammies?? Cause that's pretty much awesome.

(Sorry, I'm a 'liker' and 'lover', but I'll try to comment too, I promise. :))

Gusto

Gusto

Jay is a MIME?!? And is that Kags paining in her lingerie?
Well, Nick is a mime. It's the first job stage of acrobatics. Soon he'll move on to juggling, then contortion-ism, rolling around on a ball, jumping through flaming hoops, and other acts of strength.

And yeah, Kags has the Inappropriate trait, which means she often wears the wrong clothing. I did it so she would switch between he normal clothes and Alice/Ivy costumes semi-randomly. So far I've only seen her sleep in her Ivy bathing suit.

And LittleSin's painting in her jammies in that pic too. Maybe it's her rebellious trait that moves her to shower only in the late afternoon, who knows.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Having the inapporpriate trait is the best thing ever.

D'aww sisters painting side by side in their jammies!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

... and then shortly after hears the horror stories from Bowie's first day at the public school.

... his school was overrun with toaster zombies?

I wish I had been able to get in on this, but I don't have a recent photo.

figmentPez

figmentPez

So far I've only seen her sleep in her Ivy bathing suit.
I sure hope SimGusto isn't watching her sleep too.

Espy

Espy

This. Is. AWESOME.

LittleSin

LittleSin

So, do I have a job or am I just at homeall day?

Cuz...this is reflecting real life.

Dave

Dave

Well, it IS a simulation. It's in the name!

Gusto

Gusto

So, do I have a job or am I just at homeall day?

Cuz...this is reflecting real life.
You and I are "self-employed". The idea is that we are progressing a skill that can earn us money independently (writing, painting, sculpting, etc.), so we make our earnings by selling paintings or getting book royalty cheques and then depending on the amount of cumulative earnings we've earned, the city pays us a weekly stipend as well.

Our day-to-day is less lucrative than the rest of the household but it can snowball huge.

Gusto

Gusto

Gusto and Droll start the next day with a perfectly normal dinner on the roof.

8:30 am is waaay too early for skinny dipping. SHIT GUSTO GET IT TOGETHER. You've only known these people for like 36 hours.

Nick hears about a SimFest in the park and decides to attend to learn from a more experienced acrobat than himself.

Finally getting a moment to himself, Jay say "hay gurl" to the maid, who discusses the SimFest too. The maid's name is Holly, too, confusing and irritating everyone.

No longer content to simply watch, Nick wonders when his gravy train will come in.

Inspired by his first SimFest, Nick aspires to audition for one himself. Stay tuned!

Anyway, in the meantime, Gusto fixes himself a drink on the roof while Holly and CK belt out a love duet.

Nick's so exhausted after his jog home that he's content to just WATCH Bowie save the world from zombies.

Droll announces her promotion to Kags, who is distracted thinking about her next fashion choice.

Kags loudly announces her hunger while Jay berates Droll for leaving her dishes lying around. HE CLEANS DISHES ALL DAY DAMMIT.

figmentPez

figmentPez

8:30 am is waaay too early for skinny dipping. SHIT GUSTO GET IT TOGETHER. You've only known these people for like 36 hours.
I love the horrified look on Droll's face.

Gusto

Gusto

I love the horrified look on Droll's face.
I left out the next screenshot where it looked as if she were gleefully planning something.

YES.

GOOD.

GOOOOOOOD.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I feel so bad for anyone's sim who tries to talk to my sim. Her brain, much like mine, it just doesn't process things well. C'mon simKags, make friends with people!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I kinda wish it was possible to just make sims and dump them in the community. Would make things interesting if suddenly Dave showed up asking for his rent money.

Dave

Dave

It could happen.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Have I started to klepto things yet? Cause, let's be serious, that will be funny when it does.

Espy

Espy

It could happen.
MAKE IT SO.

Dave

Dave

Have I started to klepto things yet? Cause, let's be serious, that will be funny when it does.
Someone took Gusto's clothes.

Gusto

Gusto

You have the wish to. It's just a matter of getting you out in public at someplace besides work.[DOUBLEPOST=1352312090][/DOUBLEPOST]
I kinda wish it was possible to just make sims and dump them in the community. Would make things interesting if suddenly Dave showed up asking for his rent money.
It is, and I considered it. Dave is basically the only other current poster that I have a Sim for.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Missing clothes?? By jove, I daresay we have a gremlin in the SimHouse!

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah we've had a bunch of people start a load of laundry but it never seems to get finished. I should take a look at that. And Jay should stop distracting the maid. ;) Seriously, if she works her whole shift completely she can clean maybe half the house. That's why I hired one at all, otherwise the place would already be a dump.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Jay, quit being a horn dog and let our maid clean the damn house.

My hair... so grey. I'm like the elder statesman of the house.

Also, I'm REALLY into that game. I've got crazy eyes going.[DOUBLEPOST=1352313991][/DOUBLEPOST]
Um... I think I'm trying to go to bed with Nick in this picture... Also, Nick's avatar looks like Ben Afflek.

strawman

strawman

And Jay should stop distracting the maid.
Maybe she'd take care of those dishes he's complaining about.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Now that I'm finally back proper, I can say: this shit is awesome, yo! Gusto, you REALLY got it together with this one and it rocks my socks. The mime stuff and skinny dipping Gusto is hilarious.

Oh, one thing I'd like to see about adding to my room: an awesomely tacky recliner. The kind of recliner you see grandparents holding onto on sitcoms that everyone else wants to toss or burn.

Jay

Jay

image.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1352317227][/DOUBLEPOST]
2image.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1352317262][/DOUBLEPOST]
3image.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1352317425][/DOUBLEPOST]
4image.png

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Jay, might I suggest spoilering those pics, just to cut down on scrolling time for others? :)

Jay

Jay

Jay, might I suggest spoilering those pics, just to cut down on scrolling time for others? :)
animated-gifs-032.gif

HowDroll

HowDroll

Holy shit, I've been so excited to get a few minutes to myself so I could read this. It's been a long few days, but this totally made my afternoon.

I sort of love that my Sim is a professional athlete. Roller derby isn't something that exists in the Sim world, but I can pretend that's what she does, since I'm going to be trying out for one of the top-ranked teams in the nation in the next year or so :p

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Dammit, Woody! I wanted to make the 'This Big' joke!

Gusto

Gusto

Last update for today. :)

Droll gets up early the next morning and reads a book that was assigned to her at work.

As soon as he's ready, Nick gets in costume and heads to the park to audition for his very own acrobat gig! He gives his best impression of being trapped in a box:

... but it isn't very effective. Nick is told to work on his skills and then come back, so he spends the rest of his day in the park juggling for tips.

Gusto heads to the local consignment shop to attempt to sell the three paintings he's completed so far. He is completely unfased by the horse in the bathroom. (I have no idea what caused this.)

His paintings DO sell be later that afternoon, earning Gusto a couple hundred dollars and an increase in his weekly government stipend.

Bowie receives a promotion too! He's now a Substitute Teacher, and gains te wish to practice his lecture in front of the mirror in order to increase his Charisma.

Meanwhile, the unexpected occurs! (Seriously, this has never happend to me.) Jay's boss calls HIM for a date on their day off! Jay heads out of the house to meet Mimi uptown, but not before checking out the maid (whose name is Amber, sorry for the mistake). Flirty trait at work.

Jay's Flirty trait also compells him to give Mimi some flowers, even though she showed up to their date in her Line Cook uniform.

The Pajama Sisters spend their morning and early afternoon playing video games and painting.

As does Gusto later on. He gets to fingerpaint in the background while CK takes it upon himself to fix Gusto's leaking bathtub....

... and Kags changes into her Alice costume in order to mop up the puddles. Cinderella would seem more fitting.

Congratulations are in order for Holly too, who finished her first novel today (probably by never showering and staying in her PJs all day). She plays a game of pool with CK before getting some dinner.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

OMG, I did something helpful today! I mopped puddles!!

Jammy sisters unite!!

This just makes me so indescribably happy. I'm actually somewhat un-nerved at how true to life this is becoming.....:confused:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

My body looks so contorted there, I look like when South Park shows a real-life celebrity, like Saddam Hussein.

Jay

Jay

image.png

Gusto

Gusto

Boo.

Dei

Dei

Which expansion has Acrobat profession and SimFest? >.>

HowDroll

HowDroll

Hell yeah. I'm an edumucated athlete.

Jay

Jay

My sim is turning out EXACTLY how I want him to turn him out to be. However, he's really hitting on ANYTHING.

And that maid outfit

DEM GAMS

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Goddamn does anyone but me do anything in that house? If I were me I'd be fed up!

Wait.

Gusto

Gusto

Which expansion has Acrobat profession and SimFest? >.>
Showtime. Also features Singer and Magician professions.

Goddamn does anyone but me do anything in that house? If I were me I'd be fed up!

Wait.
They do, but screenshots of people doing chores isn't terribly interesting. That one I took for a couple reasons. One is that as a Military man, you need to improve your Athletic and Handiness skills in order to get promoted alllll the way up to Astronaut. Your dude actually wanted to fix that bathtub.

The other reason was that you had previously complained about doing all the work while others stayed home and fingerpainted, and I was able to find a screenshot of EXACTLY THAT. ;)

Gusto

Gusto

So the Sims all go to bed and everything is super normal...

...until the living room catches fire.

Fortunately, CK is brave enough to start extinguishing the flames before the Fire Department shows up. Wait, is someone missing?

That's because Kags, with her Heavy Sleeper trait, sleeps RIGHT through the whole fiasco.

Most Sims go back to bed for a couple hours after the commotion, but Jay takes the opportunity to make an early breakfast and Nick practices his acrobatics in order to re-audition for that gig. CK's usually up that early anyway.

After breakfast, CK, Droll and Nick decide to take a jog together to the park. All their jobs depend on staying fit, and Nick has an ulterior motive...

Nick succcessfully land a gig for the next night at 8pm! CK catches up on some reading in the park.

Jay chats up the maid once again, but then suddenly gets yet another phone call!

He gets invited on ANOTHER date! With ANOTHER woman! Who is ALSO his coworker!

He leaves the house just as Droll is leaving from work and Bowie is returning. Gusto's.... just standing around.

Jay meets up with Heather. On top of her being in uniform (just like Mimi was yesterday), she's ALSO invited him to the restaurant where they work! They grab some dinner together.

Bowie and Nick are both dealing with the consequences of being woken up by a fire overnight. Jay distracted the maid so Bowie has to clean up the soot, and Nick contemplates heavily caffeinating himself with the espresso machine.

Piotyr

Piotyr

First-day skinny dipping, a horse in the bathroom, and a house fire.

It is "The Real World".

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Jay! Leave the maid alone, c'mon man!! In the same breath, I'm not surprised in the slighest that this is happening with his Sim.

I fear for my Sim's life now. She could probably be getting murdered, in her bed, and sleep through it all. I worry about her.

Gusto

Gusto

Jay! Leave the maid alone, c'mon man!! In the same breath, I'm not surprised in the slighest that this is happening with his Sim.

I fear for my Sim's life now. She could probably be getting murdered, in her bed, and sleep through it all. I worry about her.
I've got the next update's screenshots taken already.

Get ready to live up to that Inappropriate trait ;)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Oh snap......

:ninja:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Man, Jay's just laying the love down on ALL the ladies.

And by love, I mean penis.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

With that thought in mind...I worry even more about my Sim.

Gusto

Gusto

Man, Jay's just laying the love down on ALL the ladies.

And by love, I mean penis.
Jay's yet to lay down any penis, but at this rate, he'll be the first. And I gave everyone double beds for a reason. ;)

Jay

Jay

Too busy to write down memes but hot damn, house on fire, still sleeping.

Perfect person to watch as they sleep... if you're the sort of person to like that sort of thing....

Gusto

Gusto

Too busy to write down memes but hot damn, house on fire, still sleeping.

Perfect person to watch as they sleep... if you're the sort of person to like that sort of thing....
I'll be uploading another update later tonight - get ready to caption one with

THEY SEE ME ROLLIN' THEY HATIN'

Bowielee

Bowielee

CK is going to be insufferable now that he put out the fire. Which, I cleaned up, thank you very much.

I'll be very upset if I end up getting sim hooked up with a girl, BTW.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

CK is going to be insufferable now that he put out the fire.
Seriously, what a jerk.

Wait.

Rovewin

Rovewin

These are great. Keep them coming Gusto. Did you ever find out what started the fire?

Also poor Sim Droll

:foreveralone:

Espy

Espy

UPDATE NOW GUSTO. I'M HERE, WAITING.

Gusto

Gusto

UPDATE NOW GUSTO. I'M HERE, WAITING.

...Right now?

Gusto

Gusto

Some folks are up ultra-early the next morning. Gusto uses the time to catch up on his painting.

While Holly has alight breakfast and plays some video games on the roof.

CK has the wish to improve his bathtub to become Self-Cleaning, possibly because the Amber the Maid never gets around to it.

Droll and Bowie catch up on some reading, oblivious to Kags skinny dipping in the pool behind them!

Jay and Gusto combine forces and begin to plan their first household party!

Droll and Nick go for a swim together, and Nick proves that he can hold his breath for longer than she can.

Holly confides in Kags and Gusto her wish to make off with all the household's earnings so far! How curious! Amber the Maid is clearly terrified for her financial security.

Kags takes up her trusty mop once more while Gusto and Droll bust some moves. Gotta practice for that party!

And in the meantime, Holly rebelliousness takes over, she takes all the household's earnings and gets out of the house for the first time all week, feeling the call of the open road.

----------------------

Sim Party this weekend! Who should be invited? What special party props should Gusto and Jay pick up? Who's gonna get laaaaaaid? Stay tuned!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Holly had better come back with some tattoos or a bunch of bikers, or I will be disappointed.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

:popcorn:

Gusto

Gusto

Interesting to note that both Droll and Holly want to get tattoos, and almost everyone in the household wants a hot tub.

Espy

Espy

Awesome.

For having a maid these guys sure do clean a lot.

Dave

Dave

Embezzlement!

Gusto

Gusto

Awesome.

For having a maid these guys sure do clean a lot.
The maid only works set hours, and the house is so big that between mopping, sweeping, doing laundry, making beds, and cleaning countertops/sinks/showers/bathtubs/toilets/dishes, she can only get to like a third of it on any given day.

Having a high level of Handiness will allow CK to upgrade a lot of appliances and fixtures to be self-cleaning, which will gradually help the house maintain itself. And as someone whose career benefits from Handiness, he actually gets happiness for doing it.

Espy

Espy

I bet he does.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Can I claim the title of 'Queen Mop-per'? Cause, you know, I'm awesome with that mop!!

As for what party device you two should get, I have no idea. With my 'excitable' trait, I'm sure my Sim will like whatever is presented.

Aaannnd...skinny dipping. Why am I not surprised? Oh, SimKags, you so silly.

Dave

Dave

I get enjoyment out of my handiness, if you know what I mean.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Dat mop.

strawman

strawman

I get enjoyment out of my handiness, if you know what I mean.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Booyah! In your (out of breath) face, HowDroll!

Jay

Jay

image.png
2image.png

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

this is hilarious!

Gusto

Gusto

Jesus Christ, Jay .

Jay

Jay

Wat, post moar pics.

Press Brofist if you want more pics!

Gusto

Gusto

Hahah for sure. I'll likely update once more tonight. Depends on how many more beers I have.

Also not enough people have given me party ideas.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

This is Sims.

Our party demands Drew Carey.

Gusto

Gusto

This is Sims.

Our party demands Drew Carey.

I don't even know what this means.

Jay

Jay

Party ideas?

KOCb1.gif

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I don't even know what this means.

Skip ahead to about 2:05.

Gusto

Gusto

Well I have another update's worth of screenshots, pretty entertaining ones too, but Photobucket's upgrading and in beta or something and I can't log in right now. :(

strawman

strawman

Imgur

Jay

Jay

YOU PROMISED UPDATE FAPBOY

Gusto

Gusto

Gusto decides to buy some essentials for a bitchin' party. He gets a dancefloor, DJ turntables, buffet table, and another stereo.

Holly continues her rebellious streak by... falling asleep on a park bench. Okay.

On the other end of the park, Bowie decides to watch Nick's first gig. It starts off auspiciously with him setting himself on fire while juggling torches...

...he seems to have better luck with the knives though.

Bowie is gracious enough to give Nick his honest opinion!

...I'm starting to think I should get rid of those fireplaces. At least until CK can fireproof them. They don't even seem surprised this time. And Droll manages to put it out without the Fire Department's help.

It's a momentous day for Kags! She succeeds in swiping her first objects, a set of records from her music job. She displays them on her wall just above her fluffy unicorn. :)

And very early the next morning, Gusto calls 8 of the household's best (sexiest?) friends over for a pool party (because fuck pants). Everyone will be over at 1, only a few hours away. Stay tuned!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I didn't even know I had a job, yeah!!

Let us take this moment and contemplate the joy SimKags feels for klepto-ing. Is it wrong I'm excited for her? I know stealing is wrong...but..but her dreams are coming true!! And I need that unicorn in my life.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

We're all going to die horrible, inferno-y deaths.

Gusto

Gusto

I didn't even know I had a job, yeah!!

Let us take this moment and contemplate the joy SimKags feels for klepto-ing. Is it wrong I'm excited for her? I know stealing is wrong...but..but her dreams are coming true!! And I need that unicorn in my life.

Nooo! Don't have a moral crisis or anything! PARTY TOMORROW.

We're all going to die horrible, inferno-y deaths.
It is quite possible!

And you're the only one who can save us! :D

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I dunno, Droll handled that last blaze like a pro. A semi-naked pro.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

A semi-naked pro.
Sooo... she's Hulk Hogan?

Gusto

Gusto

DISCLAIMER: It turns out I made some party-planning mistakes, ignoring a couple key factors. First is that Jay and Droll both work on Saturdays, so there was about an hour or so where they both left for work and I had to get them to stop and "call in fake sick", which I didn't know was actually a thing. The unforeseen SECOND issue this raised was that about half of the guests I invited were people Jay knew from the restaurant, girls he's dated, etc., which means THEY left for work too. As a result the party ended up kinda sparsely attended and ended a little early. Which actually led to a great Bowie moment. Uploads forthcoming.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Bowielee, we are no longer friends. :mad:

Gusto

Gusto

The party guests start arriving and everyone gets into their swimwear.

People start gettin' down gettin' funky to the phat beatz of DJ LittleSin.

Everyone's wish to get a hottub finally comes true, and Gusto tries his best to be ULTRA SMOOV with Droll.

Around this time a lot of people had to start bailing. Jay and Holly hit the dancefloor while Bowie makes friends with Rehman.

One of the cool things about throwing a party (especially if the host has the Party Animal trait) is that guests bring food with them. Jay thoughtfully samples some Shwarma, but Nick already tried it and it clearly didn't agree with him.

Holly fixes herself a latte while Gusto's hungry enough to try cooking for the first time.

Bowie's so disappointed in te party that ended early that he ends up crashing SOMEONE ELSE'S party!

The next morning, everyone pitches in to help clean up. CK upgrades a toilet to self cleaning and starts a load of laundry...

...and Droll takes a brush to a toilet CK hasn't upgraded yet.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

This party was LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

Needed moar Drew Carey.

Also, you didn't tell us how far Gusto got with Droll. Shit, Gusto! Get it together!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Bowielee is all "I can do better."

So he did.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Everyone's wish to get a hottub finally comes true, and Gusto tries his best to be ULTRA SMOOV with Droll.

The best part is the look on both their faces.

Gusto - "Aww yeah... this is totally gonna work. I'm awesome."
Droll - "Oh god... is he REALLY gonna try that?" Alternatively - "Did I forget to put my clothes in the dryer?"

Gusto

Gusto

Spoilers, she was totally cool with it. :) Sims, unless they dislike each other from past interactions, or are in bad moods, are always open to any kind of advance. Relative age, gender, interests, whatever, don't really matter until that waveform is collapsed. It's more interesting to see WHO they'll autonomously be attracted to. There have been numerous semi-flirtatious interactions both within and outside the household so far but JUST LIKE THE FIRST HALFORUMS HOUSE HowDroll and Gusto seem to gravitate towards each other.

Gusto

Gusto

Kags and Jay finally get to flirting. I'm surprised it took this long considering who they are, and that Jay flirts with everyone.

Kags was successful is stealing again! She took some graffiti'd posters from the exterior wall of the movie theatre, which I've displayed here.

There's been far too much play and not enough work in the household lately, and lots of people have wishes to learn new skills or do various housework. And CK knows better than most that a plumber's work is never done.

Holly takes a moment to spout some anti-establishment propaganda to Droll. Droll's not really sure how to react.

But she digresses, and finally gets around to finishing her latest book.

The athletes in the household, Droll and CK get back to their routine. CK gains a new point in Athleticism, while Droll goes beyond that and works out until she's too fatigued to continue.

Gusto finishes two paintings he had on the go and takes them to be sold. He's pleased to see that the horse in the washroom is no longer around.

Nick gives a better show this time around! Bowie and Kags go to cheer him on!

After working all day, Holly and CK blow off some steam by impressing each other with their best silly faces.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

CK, you are a champion. I'm pretty sure our house hasn't fallen to pieces because of you. You're awesome. :)

Oh snap, I worried about the day that SimKags and SimJay noticed one another.....This could get tragic.

I'm glad I went to cheer on SimNick!! I was concerned that my sim wasn't leaving the house..ever. So, I'm glad she's supporting other sims.

And...I just want to come clean..my sim and I are creepily alike....I've been skinny dipping before as well as taken movie posters from a theatre. Like..I don't even know, it's just oddly awesome and weird.

Gusto

Gusto

And...I just want to come clean..my sim and I are creepily alike....I've been skinny dipping before as well as taken movie posters from a theatre. Like..I don't even know, it's just oddly awesome and weird.
Yeah, I know! It can get a little unsettling!

At this point, I'm ready to reverse engineer the prediction pattern, and move to the States to go romance Droll. ;) :heart:

Gusto

Gusto

Oh, and also:

Alternatively - "Did I forget to put my clothes in the dryer?"
She DID forget to put her clothes in the dryer. Ck got 'em the next morning though. :)

Gusto

Gusto

The next update.... is scandalous. :unibrow:

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Why must you torture me like this Gusto?? I need to know!!

Gusto

Gusto

Why must you torture me like this Gusto?? I need to know!!
Because if I update RIGHT NOW, te urge to update at least once more today will grow! And I don't wanna get you guys in the habit of 3+ updates every day! You'll take me for granted!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ohh, but..but Gusto, I would NEVER take you for granted. :D

But it's okay, the suspense is half the fun....also proving how much of a life I don't have; I'm sitting at my computer waiting for updates in this thread. Hee.

Gusto

Gusto

Ohh, but..but Gusto, I would NEVER take you for granted. :D

But it's okay, the suspense is half the fun....also proving how much of a life I don't have; I'm sitting at my computer waiting for updates in this thread. Hee.
Well as long as you're waiting.... Uploading.

Gusto

Gusto

Everyone gets up in the morning for a delicious breakfast. After the party, we've got tons of leftovers!

Jay calls Heather over and this time she's cool enough to wear her work uniform. The two are definitely getting close.

Gusto practices juggling bottles and mixing drinks, dead set on making his next party more successful.

The girls spend their afternoon soaking together, until Droll has to go to work.

Offscreen, Jay and Nick are awarded 1-star local celebrity status, Nick for his acrobatic shows and Jay for befriending other celebrities at the restaurant.

Perhaps it's the increase in status, but we now have TWO maids! Hopefully it wasn't a fluke, because I've never seen this happen.

CK takes on a coworker's challenge and decides to increase his Athleticism by jogging for at least an hour at a time.

Holly gets invited by another minor local celebrity to a pool party at his place.

Bowie decides to be one of the cool kids by skinny dipping in the pool, but the joke's on him when...

... Nick steals his clothes from the poolside, leaving him to wander around in a towel looking for them!

But where is everyone else?

Oh, they're skinny dipping in the FRONT yard!

Unfortunately, their minor celebrity has brought the paparazzi to their yard, and they're gonna have a field day with this!

There's no telling whether this scandal will come to light, or what the outcome will be! Stay tuned!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Wait wait....is that me skinny dipping with everyone?? That's like...a lot of naked men there. Run SimKags RUN!!! No, don't run into the line of paparazzi fire!

This is just insane.

(Also, thanks Gusto. =^^=)

Gusto

Gusto

Wait wait....is that me skinny dipping with everyone?? That's like...a lot of naked men there. Run SimKags RUN!!! No, don't run into the line of paparazzi fire!

This is just insane.

(Also, thanks Gusto. =^^=)
No that's Droll. You'd just come home from work, that's you standing next to the hottub in your theatre technician uniform.[DOUBLEPOST=1352575311][/DOUBLEPOST]Just look how relaxed Nick looks!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Phew..I feel much better now. :)

Also...did you know I really did work at a theatre? Just...wow, the similarities! They never end.

Gusto

Gusto

Phew..I feel much better now. :)

Also...did you know I really did work at a theatre? Just...wow, the similarities! They never end.
I did not know that!

I gave you a job there in the Musician career track, since your Master of the Arts lifetime goal is to master painting and guitar.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Good call. :)

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Dang, my sim's kinda boring. At least he keeps the house working, though?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Just look how relaxed Nick looks!
Those bubbles aren't from the hot tub! :eek:

Gusto

Gusto

Dang, my sim's kinda boring. At least he keeps the house working, though?
For sure. Between home improvements and working 6 days a week there isn't a lot of variety in your day-to-day. If you want I can devise a new hobby for you maybe? Or give you a new interesting personality trait?

ETA: Honestly your Ambitious trait means tat most of your motivations are devoted towards improving your career, which is why your time off is spent improving your Athletic and Handiness skills and little else. And Computer Savvy on autonomous mode means you just play video games and chat on forums (the irony!) a lot, which aren't exactly thrilling.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

For sure. Between home improvements and working 6 days a week there isn't a lot of variety in your day-to-day. If you want I can devise a new hobby for you maybe? Or give you a new interesting personality trait?

ETA: Honestly your Ambitious trait means tat most of your motivations are devoted towards improving your career, which is why your time off is spent improving your Athletic and Handiness skills and little else. And Computer Savvy on autonomous mode means you just play video games and chat on forums (the irony!) a lot, which aren't exactly thrilling.
Yeah, maybe throw Flirty in there or something, that seems to make things more interesting.

Gusto

Gusto

Yeah, maybe throw Flirty in there or something, that seems to make things more interesting.
Let me see. I'll come up with a couple choices for you...

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

HA! Sweet, sweet revenge on Bowielee!!!

Also, possible caption for my totally relaxed skinny dipping? "Paparazzi? Bitches, I hope you brought a wide lens for my cock!"

Gusto

Gusto

Let me see. I'll come up with a couple choices for you...
I'm actually considering giving you Party Animal/Charismatic/Friendly. You currently have Handy but no Athletic just yet, despite your job depending on it. I think it's a little too on-the-nose, but Loves the Outdoors kinda follows suit and is a trait I've never done anything with before.[DOUBLEPOST=1352579981][/DOUBLEPOST]
HA! Sweet, sweet revenge on Bowielee!!!

Also, possible caption for my totally relaxed skinny dipping? "Paparazzi? Bitches, I hope you brought a wide lens for my cock!"
Just wait, soon he'll finish his career in Education and try his hand at professional Singing. Then YOU can jeer HIM!

HowDroll

HowDroll

In the hottub with three naked men?

Must be Tuesday.

(I'm finally freaking home from my adventures, so I'll actually be able to log on the internet more than once a day! Huzzah!)

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm alright with whatever you think will work, Gusto, it's your show.

Jay

Jay

Perhaps it's the increase in status, but we now have TWO maids! Hopefully it wasn't a fluke, because I've never seen this happen.
14342_217007323272_734843_n.jpg

Jay

Jay

that last picture was probably the best of so far btw

We need to reschedule that party, I want to see some crazy stuff going down brosssss

also

image.png

boom

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Paha!

You're funny Jay. :)

But seriously...I'm so worried you're going to bed my sim so fast and then break her little heart. Because you will, you know it's true.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Paha!

You're funny Jay. :)

But seriously...I'm so worried you're going to bed my sim so fast and then break her little heart. Because you will, you know it's true.

Jay

Jay

Maybe, maybe not.

But

77.gif

strawman

strawman

Wait, which sims idea was it to put the hot tub in the front yard...?!

Gusto

Gusto

Wait, which sims idea was it to put the hot tub in the front yard...?!
It's the only available spot! :cry: Hottubs require some space underneath for plumbing and whatnot so it's difficult to place anywhere in the house, and since we're cliffside we don't really have a backyard.

I might experiment with moving it to a corner of the topmost roof...

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Well, you could always fence up the front yard so it doesn't look quite as random. Add a path for a little two-level effect, ni, etc.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Is there room to put it near the pool?

LittleSin

LittleSin

I'm fine with us all being "those" neighbors. You know the ones. They don't have curtains yet they insist on walking around nude, they leave their windows open and listen to a strange mix of New Wave mixed with GrindCore until 4 am, they cook weird foods outside on days when you are up wind of them.

We can be those guys.

Y'know, jerks.

Gusto

Gusto

Well this took longer than I care to admit.

I had to do a lot finagling, including putting a deck INSIDE a foundation, but there it is.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Worth it, though. Looks great!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Looks fantastic Gusto!! Tbanks for moving it. :)

Gusto

Gusto

Man it's like you people are against public nudity or something.

strawman

strawman

We just don't like to share.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I just don't want to hurt the neighbors if I climb out of the pool and suddenly turn left. :p

Jay

Jay

tumblr_lxet849iUg1qztwte.gif

Gusto

Gusto

Everyone acts a little awkwardly the next morning. They eat breakfast in silence, and Droll would rather stare at a potted plant than make eye contact with her roomies.

I have no idea what's happening here but I thought it looked funny.

CK gets promoted to Squad Leader, and now only has to work three days a week! Which leaves a lot more time for him to socialize and generally appear in screenshots. ;)

Kags spends her day off working on her tunes, which Jay silently appreciates.

Several members of the household are implicated in a tabloid scandal as a result of their Hottub Hijinx. Nick graciously heads down to City Hall in order to SUCCESSFULLY sue them for slander.

Bowie reaches level 5 of the Education career track, which means it's time to move on to his next career. He adopts Ziggy Stardust as his Singer stage name, and takes up Gardening as a hobby since he'll no longer be holding regular work hours. His Gardening skill will eventually help him in his Science career.

That night, Holly and Gusto are among the ONLY spectators at Nick's show at the diner where Jay works. He puts on a great show but not many people are there to see it. Maybe a change of venue is in order.

When he gets home, Gusto tries flirting with Droll again. She responds well, but decides to up the ante by leaping into his arms. Awwwww! The two have officially moved from "Good Friends" to "Romantic Interests" as history repeats itself.

Not to be outdone, Jay and Heather become Romantic Interests as well...

...and even get to some salacious lip-lockin'. Aw yeah git it gurl.

CK gets to second base with some liquor instead. :foreveralone:

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

ThatNickGuy what are you wearing on your way to City Hall?

Espy

Espy

Whoa. Things are gittin' steamy!

Gusto

Gusto

Yup! I wonder who's gonna be in the first post(mid?)-coital screenshot. :)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

They really have that on the Sims but they can't make crazy cat ladies?

Gusto

Gusto

They really have that on the Sims but they can't make crazy cat ladies?
Well I COULD.

I just don't want to. :p

If someone in the house wanted a cat or dog or iguana or macaw I'd certainly give it a shot but pet ownership has very few benefits and a lot more responsibility.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy what are you wearing on your way to City Hall?
Looks like my AWESOME performing outfit.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Hangin' out with booze while everyone else gets some.

Oh God this is way too much like real life. :(

Gusto

Gusto

Hangin' out with booze while everyone else gets some.

Oh God this is way too much like real life. :(
Mixology is a sought after skill tat you can use to moonlight at bars. Build up your skill enough, and with your new Party Animal trait, you'll be the most important person at all the clubs in town.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

You can hang out with me CK! Cause SimKags ain't gettin' any either.

Also...I think Jay will be the first to take the plunge!! So much steam in this update, my goodness.

Your outfits are getting better and better Nick! Thank you for saving our names - you sue that magazine!!

Gusto

Gusto

A quick check shows me that the woman CK is closest to is LittleSin, and the dude Kags is closest to (other than Jay) is her boss, Isaac.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I fully support my sister in any relationship that may arise with CK. I'm not saying it will happen...I'm just saying I don't oppose it. Is that wrong of me? I feel like I should just..not do that.

I'm so glad my Sim hasn't done anything with anyone yet...I was so worried with the hopeless romantic trait that I would be all over the place, but no, it's awesome.

EDIT: Which, odd thought, my wanting sims to be in a realtionship is pretty telling of how real the 'hopeless romantic' trait is for me. I want sims to be happy for goodness sake!! Like..they aren't even real! I just need to get off the internet...

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Well, at least when SimCK is hanging out on Mars he can make himself a mean drink.

strawman

strawman

Dear LittleKagsin,

I hearby give you permission to give yourself permission to fall superficially in love with and demonstrate care for a series of bits and bytes expressed as tiny colored lights stored on gustos computer.

-Adam

Gusto

Gusto

I fully support my sister in any relationship that may arise with CK. I'm not saying it will happen...I'm just saying I don't oppose it. Is that wrong of me? I feel like I should just..not do that.

I'm so glad my Sim hasn't done anything with anyone yet...I was so worried with the hopeless romantic trait that I would be all over the place, but no, it's awesome.

EDIT: Which, odd thought, my wanting sims to be in a realtionship is pretty telling of how real the 'hopeless romantic' trait is for me. I want sims to be happy for goodness sake!! Like..they aren't even real! I just need to get off the internet...
Your Sim as a lot of social wishes that tend to go by the wayside as a result of your working all the time. You life goals aren't tied SPECIFICALLY to your having a job, I'm thinking of having you quit.

It's actually the same situation with Bowie - he's only close to people he works with, and he only works with women so there aren't any romantic options there.

However, killing two birds with one stone...

...Kags has recently developed the wish to go out on the town with Bowie. Maybe it's time y'all painted the town red and met some cute boys. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Thank you stienman! It's a good thing I got your permission too because I'm totally on the verge of love already.

I'm good with whatever you decide Gusto. Quitting the job, I mean. For some reason, I actually assumed one of two extremes, my sim would totally be a slut and sleep with everyone, or she would (like in real life) scare most people away.

Gah, yes!! You and me Bowie, let's do this town.

Jay

Jay

Love this last update. Who's Heather again? A coworker? That's so anti real-Jay. But kudos to SimJay for making "good use" of the jacuzzi. awww yeah.

Any chance to provide us with a full update on Sims on how they are going along? Are they working alot?

This is cool man, love this thread a lot.

btw, lol on SimJay going :sohappy: at SimKags while she's playing the guitar.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

You'll fall for her soon Jay, watch out.

Gusto

Gusto

Any chance to provide us with a full update on Sims on how they are going along? Are they working alot?
Sure, what kind of stuff would you like to know? Specifically how you're progressing towards lifetime goals or a more general overview?

Dirona

Dirona

Out of curiosity - how much hands-on management are you doing Gusto? Or is this mostly the result of free will? I seem to recall you mentioning this previously, but I'm too lazy to go look.

Gusto

Gusto

Out of curiosity - how much hands-on management are you doing Gusto? Or is this mostly the result of free will? I seem to recall you mentioning this previously, but I'm too lazy to go look.
It's about 3:1 free-will:direction. All of the direction is things things they wish to do but will NOT do autonomously, like getting a job, inviting people over, going to bed at a reasonable time, going to community lots, accepting and completing skill/work opportunities, stuff like that.

The short version is, they do everything on their own that they're CAPABLE of doing on their own, and I ONLY direct them to do things that they want to do anyway.

Dei

Dei

As for the pet thing, I find that if you have a piss load of pets you can basically ignore them as long as you remember to keep the food full, because they get social interaction from each other. Cats especially.

Jay

Jay

Sure, what kind of stuff would you like to know? Specifically how you're progressing towards lifetime goals or a more general overview?
Interesting things without it being a chore for you of course

- Those points you collect for sweet perks (and any perks!)
- Career progression (if applicable)
- Relationship progression

Anything that may seen relevant.

Maybe one day film a party with special Gusto voiceovers and youtube that shit! I miss listening to your Brian-like voice.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm also saying 'yay' to a video with you doing commentary Gusto! Even if it's just every once in awhile.

Gusto

Gusto

Oh man you guys are really gonna make me record my terrible voice?

No promises!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Psh, yeah we're going to make you! Heh, no...you really don't have to. I sure would like you to, though, and your voice is not terrible, that I'm sure of you silly man.

Jay

Jay

tumblr_lj75un2UGb1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

Bowielee

Bowielee

Man, I go out of town for a conference and you people go all bohemian on me.

Jay

Jay

All of us while we wait for an update.

WGO8b.gif

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm just looking forward to my wild night out with Kags.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

You'll both wake up in bed with Jay, there's no escaping him.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

As am I Bowie!!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

We're...still talking about the Sims version of you guys, right? Right?

Bowielee

Bowielee

If Kags lived around here, I'd take her out for a night on the town. The gay bars up here would eat her up with a spoon.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

That seriously sounds like the best thing ever. I would seriously love to do that with you, if I'm ever wherever you are, let's do it.

Let it be known, Nick, that I'm talking real world now. Not sims. :D

Gusto

Gusto

Sorry for the lack of a real update today but I've been super busy and may be getting a Real Job soon as a result. :)

Alright here's my State of the Simhouse address:

Bowielee :
Career: Sing-A-Gram Novice (singer level 1). He's already quit his educator level 5 job.
Notable Skills: Charisma, Logic. Just getting started on Gardening.
Happiness Points: 19837.
Notable Relationships: Erin and Zoey (ex-coworkers)

LittleKagsin :
Career: Band Manager (musician level 4).
Notable Skills: Guitar, Painting, Logic.
Happiness Points: 19677.
Notable Relationships: Holly and Jay.

ThatNickGuy :
Career: Novice Balancer (acrobat level 6). He just unlocked his ability to roll around on a balance ball.
Notable Skills: Athletic.
Happiness Points: 24570.
Notable Relationships: Mimi, Lanya (romantic) and Gusto.

CynicismKills :
Career: Squad Leader (military level 4).
Notable Skills: Handiness, Athletic. Just getting started on Mixology.
Happiness Points: 18627.
Notable Relationships: Bill and Willard (coworkers), and Droll.

HowDroll :
Career: Minor Leaguer (athletic level 4).
Notable Skills: Athletic, Logic.
Happiness Points: 21026.
Notable Relationships: Gusto (romantic), Jay and CK.

LittleSin :
Career: Small-Time Scribe (writer level 2).
Notable Skills: Writing, Painting.
Happiness Points: 22305.
Notable Relationships: Gusto, Jay and Kags.

Jay :
Career: Vegetable Slicer (culinary level 3).
Notable Skills: Cooking, Charisma.
Happiness Points: 19452.
Notable Relationships: Heather (romantic), Mimi, all the girls of the house, and Gusto.

Gusto :
Career: Paintbrush Patsy (painter level 4).
Notable Skills: Painting, Charisma, Mixology.
Happiness Points: 18438.
Notable Relationships: Droll (romantic), Holly and Jay.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

SimNick's got some romantic action going on?! I demand screenshotted details!

Jay

Jay

Everyone wants a piece of the vegetable slicer.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Everyone wants a piece of the vegetable slicer.
I'm...not sure if that's a good nickname for your penis.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'm...not sure if that's a good nickname for your penis.
It's the best name.

Jay

Jay

Stop fapping and start updating good Sir.

Espy

Espy

Gusto! I get home from my hard day at work and I expect an update! I'm out there busting my ass all day, the least you can do when I get home is post a few scandalous pictures of sims doing crazy things.:mad:

Gusto

Gusto

Hey! Go fuck yourselves! :awesome:[DOUBLEPOST=1352853091][/DOUBLEPOST]Nick wakes up in the middle of the night, both because e hasn't eaten all day, and because Heather's making way too much noise on his TV.

In the morning, Bowie heads to the park to sing for tips...

.. and later gets contracted to deliver a singing telegram to a local townie.

Jay and Nick play a game of catch in the front yard. Jay throws like a little girl.

Holly and CK spend their day off kickin' it nekkid style.

Nick shows off his first ever balance ball trick at his show that night.

And the rest of the household who doesn't have to work heads to the local industrial dance club, The Grind.

Stay tuned!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So I'm skinnydipping and thinking about art?

How refined.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Thanks for the update Gusto! :)

Jay

Jay

im2age.png
image.png

Bowielee

Bowielee

Great, now I'm going to die.

Espy

Espy

I am satisfied Gusto.

LittleSin

LittleSin

CK and I in the hot tub together.

I don't even have a joke.

Gusto

Gusto

Ouch, damn, poor CK. :(

LittleSin

LittleSin

Ouch, damn, poor CK. :(
Wah wah wah waaaaaaaah.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

So I'm skinnydipping and thinking about art?

How refined.
Dude, you are classy as balls

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

HowDroll

HowDroll

Wooooo gettin' drunk in da clubb

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

That's what I saw too XD

Gusto

Gusto

aw yeah

And then everyone is trashed, and gets home at 4:30 am. CK immediately heads to work (poor guy) and everyone else sleeps forever.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I love how I show up in my work outfit to almost ever social function. :)

YAY

Gusto

Gusto

I love how I show up in my work outfit to almost ever social function. :)

YAY
You work nights so you usually show up right after getting off a shift. Bowie delivered some singing telegrams right before hitting the club too.

As a note, I had to drop that club into the neighbourhood right before I sent you guys to it. Starlight Shores as plenty of show venues but unfortunately they don't really double as bars. I'm going to add maybe two more into the neighbourhood, because there are actually 3 "types" of bar. Anyway, as a result of putting The Grind into the neighbourhood right before you went there, no one else attended that night.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sounds awesome. Moar bars!!

Espy

Espy

Gusto gittin' funky on the table!

Gusto

Gusto

Nick gets up early enough the next morning, while most people are sleeping in. Nick invites Lanya over for some flirtin'.

While Jay takes advantage of the time to befriend Holly, a local celebrity magician, at his agent's advice.

When they get up, Kags spends some time practicing guitar for tips in the park...

...while Bowie tends to his blooming plants.

Holly is finally inspired to finish her painting.

And after his bar trip last night, Gusto gains the wish to moonlight as a bartender. He's gotta practice his skills first.

CK is promoted to Flight Officer and celebrates by upgrading another toilet.

Jay gets promoted to Ingredient Taster, and Droll receives a raise at work independent of a promotion.

Jay and Heather decide to celebrate after their shift is over...

...while Droll has something a bit more naughty in mind!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

OMG!!!

The Whoo-hoo...

So it begins.

(Ha, the park is totally empty while I play the guitar! Nice.)

Gusto

Gusto

(Ha, the park is totally empty while I play the guitar! Nice.)
It was like 9am. :p

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

While Jay takes advantage of the time to befriend Holly, a local celebrity magician, at his agent's advice.

"I hate Dreamworks movies... they always have a guy making this face on the movie poster!"

Poor Holly looks like she's had a lobotomy.

Gusto

Gusto

She wasn't exactly falling for Jay's smooth-guy routine at first. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

It was like 9am. :p
Hey, if I can be up at 9am, everyone can be up at 9am.

HowDroll

HowDroll

Awww yiss hangover sex.

Gusto

Gusto

Hey, if I can be up at 9am, everyone can be up at 9am.

They usually are, they're just, y'know, going to work. ;)

Awww yiss hangover sex.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Bowie seems to be having a very confusing time at the party.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Bowie

Bowie wutr u doin

BOWIE STAHP

Jay

Jay

image.png

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Really... no one's done a Taste Maker joke yet? REALLY?

evilmike

evilmike

Bowie

Bowie wutr u doin

BOWIE STAHP
And then this happened...

Gusto

Gusto

Droll and CK both get challenges to earn some money by working out, so they get right down to it first thing in the morning.

Likewise, Jay gets an opportunity to make $500 by making some hot dogs for his neighbour! He vows to make the INCREDIBLE.

Gusto finishes yet another painting, and heads to the consignment shop to sell a handful of them.

It seems Kags is already there, playing for tips. See the girl drawing a new sketch on the drafting board? That becomes important later!

That night, Bowie gives his first public performance as a singer!

But turnabout is fair play. Nick had jogged to the park earlier, so he was on the scene, ready to heckle Bowie.

Droll, as one of the most athletic people in town, gets an opportunity to earn some extra income by acting as a bouncer for a few hours after work. She heads over to the event centre.

Kags has been a busy girl, and has swiped a few things from the consignment store! First is an exclamation point wall hanging, which she puts in her bathroom...

... and remember the girl working on that sketch? Kags took the sketch that was there before! She graciously donates it to Jay, seen admiring it here, since she's out of wall space of her own.

Jay

Jay

A virtual Jessica Rabbit cosplay portrait gift by SimKags by using underhanded methods?

SimJay must reconsider his options, I'd say.

*rubs chins*

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ha, that's right, praise me Jay! I share my earnings with you. Especially earnings that you should like.

Jay

Jay

Ha, that's right, praise me Jay! I share my earnings with you. Especially earnings that you should like.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Why thank you. :)

I didn't expect such...wild praise.

Gusto

Gusto

It's a good thing Jay's making more pancakes because everyone else eats them almost exclusively.

Bowie brings in his first harvest of tomatoes and apples! Looks like apple pancakes might be on the menu tomorrow!

CK and Kags practice for their next trip to the Grind.

CK pumps some iron until his body stops working.

Holly finally finishes her sci-fi book. She hasn't been out of her pajamas in days now.

Kags tries playing for tips once more, but once again, no one seems to care.

Jay finally gets the urge to get in shape a little bit, and Nick is happy to yell at train him.

Droll and Gusto get all dressed up for a fancy dinner date. Afterwards they spend some time watching the stars together, and go home for a little, er, "soak".

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Oh lordy! Things sure are gettin' steamy here.

Gusto

Gusto

Oh lordy indeed. There are other people with romantic intentions but nothing's that come to light just yet. ;)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

That's what we all really wanted to see in the Halforums House; romance.

Gusto

Gusto

Haha maybe.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Holly don't give a shit.

This is uncomfortably close to real life.

strawman

strawman

This is comfortably close to real life.
COMFORT HAS NO DOWNSIDE.

Jay

Jay

Everyone wants SimJay's pancakes?

I THUS DECLARE TODAY OFFICIAL PANCAKE DAY!

Pancake day is flippin' brilliant! I love Pancake day, I've even got it all panned out. So much so, I'm hitting the roof about it. Although I thought they'd moved it to fryday this year. For any who says its a loads of crépe, don't worry, you can always enter the waffle to get more free Pancakes.

PANCAKES

PAAAAANCAKES

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Jay, keep up with those puns and you'll end up battered. Best to just whisk them away.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think I posted this somewhere else recently, but...

Beware...

Dave

Dave

When they are dancing, Kags stares at the camera like it's some sort of intrusive Paparazzi who needs their asses kicked.

Jay

Jay

Dem gams.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

When they are dancing, Kags stares at the camera like it's some sort of intrusive Paparazzi who needs their asses kicked.
Well with SimMe in the military, maybe she was hoping for a little...Private Dancing?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

More like Major Embarrassment

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Colonel Sanders?

... I'm bad at this.

Dave

Dave

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Jay

Jay

General HOO- Ha

strawman

strawman

Admiral Ackbar

Jay

Jay

Corporal Woohoo

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Major Wood.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Haven't checked this thread in a couple hours, what's going o-

What have I done?!

Gusto

Gusto

So my game glitched and crashed, meaning I lost a couple hours of gameplay. I'll be more vigilant with saves in the future but it'll take me a little bit to catch up to the "present" and hopefully I can avoid changing the future.

FORGIVENESS

Just Me

Just Me

Private Eyes.

They watching you, seeing your every move. :zoid:

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I FORGIVE!!

General Specific

General Specific

General HOO- Ha
Yes?

Oh, wait.... nevermind.

Jay

Jay

Save bro!

Frank

Frank

I actually made pancakes today because of this thread. So, it has justified it's existence. I'm sure Gusto is relieved.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I made pancackes too!!

Jay

Jay

I just pancaked my wife.

Gusto

Gusto

Hahah I'm glad I started a pancake trend.

Frank

Frank

I'm sure she'll be missed.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I swear Gusto if I have to upgrade that toilet again

Gusto

Gusto

I swear Gusto if I have to upgrade that toilet again

Probably not BUT NO GUARANTEES :awesome:

I'm seriously afraid to load the game back up and see how much I missed. I don't think it was a lot since I usually save after editing the neighbourhood and added few bars last night.[DOUBLEPOST=1353033192][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, I just loaded up the game. The game was saved as recently as my last screenshot update, so the only gameplay I've got to replay is about a day in-game, and won't repeat any of the content I've uploaded here. :)

Dave

Dave

Gusto gets to sleep with the same girl twice? I hear that's when you get to do the weird stuff.

Gusto

Gusto

Gusto gets to sleep with the same girl twice? I hear that's when you get to do the weird stuff.
Well it WAS underwater. ;)

Gusto

Gusto

Alright, after Groundhog Day-ing that day three times, I was able to break the loop. Something about performing at one of the venues causes a crash, and sending Nick to a scheduled show would always cause it. I had him skip that show and we made it through another day just fine. Expect a large-ish update soon.

Gusto

Gusto

IF ONLY FUCKING IMGUR WOULD WORK.

:(

Some cool things happened during my three replays of the same day. Slightly different variations on the things that would always happen. For example, within 20 seconds of loading, something in the house would break. It would either be the computer Holly was using, the computer upstairs, or the bathtub that Kags was using. It's like something as destined to break, and it only mattered what was in use.

Also, I just spent some Aspiration Points on some Lifetime Rewards for everyone. One pricey reward that I gave Gusto enabled him to make friends easier and keep them longer, since his Lifetime Goal is to have 20 friends. On my second version of that day, one that ended up crashing, Gusto got an opportunity to give a speech at the school in front of all the students. Since the result was to gain a bit of relationship points with all of them, combined with Gusto's Charisma and the Lifetime Reward, he ended up making TWENTY THREE FRIENDS DURING THAT PRESENTATION ALONE, fulfilling his life's ambition.

It didn't work out that way in the prime playthrough, but whose to say it won't happen tomorrow? Kind of interesting how differently three different version of the same day can go. :)

REAL update coming as soon as Imgur stars working again...

Gusto

Gusto

Holly has basically become nocturnal, and is seen here playing computer games on Droll's laptop until the crack of dawn. Because of this, she's become pretty isolated from her housemates.

Her first wish is to become close with her sister Kags again, and vice versa. Here's their heartfelt reunion.

Kags is famished in the morning, and tries cooking for herself. She's exasperated at her burnt waffles.

CK shows that he's adept at fixing electronics too, not just plumbing.

Kags gets promoted to Background Lyricist that night, having chosen the Rockstar path over the Symphony musical path. Here's her rockin' new "uniform".

She also steals several more theatre posters.

Nick works out in Bowie's bedroom, while Bowie demonstrates his Heavy Sleeper trait.

That's not enough for him though, so he also goes for a jog.

CK fixes electronics after stepping out of the pool with total disregard for his own safety.

Feeling pretty brazen, he flirts with Holly by demonstrating his super muscles.

The three most Charismatic dudes spend an evening chatting on the roof, and are all pretty good friends by bedtime.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

OMGOODNESS, yay! I'm so happy to be close to my sister again!

CK, you are just so awesome. I like that you fix things.

I'm curious to see how far I get with the 'Rockstar' path.....

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I'm hoping you get to the part where you do copious amounts of heroin and alienate your band.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

:(

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Nah it's cool. I'm sure sim-you is going to become a jukebox hero with stars in her eyes. And heroin in her veins.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Yay! I'm okay with the heroin as long as I don't alienate anyone.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Yay! I'm okay with the heroin as long as I don't alienate anyone.
Oh man. This out of context.

Gusto

Gusto

OMGOODNESS, yay! I'm so happy to be close to my sister again!

CK, you are just so awesome. I like that you fix things.

I'm curious to see how far I get with the 'Rockstar' path.....
Well seeing as a lot of your goals are geared towards mastering Guitar, and you rarely ever miss work, I'd say you'll get to the top of the career track eventually. :)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Kags, you seriously need to put that as your signature. :D

Jay

Jay

This was a nice update. Thanks Gusssstoooo

Poor SimKags, living on burnt waffles, if she was nice to the right Sim, she'd have the fluffiest and yummiest pancakes, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

LittleSin

LittleSin

We are now veering back towards my high school days, when I was basically a bat.

Glad to see Kags is still cool with me.

And...huh. CK's flirting with me? But...what do I do?!

Gusto

Gusto

We are now veering back towards my high school days, when I was basically a bat.

Glad to see Kags is still cool with me.

And...huh. CK's flirting with me? But...what do I do?!
Honestly you didn't really go for it.

You're more a Nick girl. ;)

LittleSin

LittleSin

Ah.

Just like real life.

spongebob.gif

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I thought everyone was a Nick girl in real life? Even the guy?

LittleSin

LittleSin

ESPECIALLY the guys.

hm...that may have misinterpreted implications. I'll post it anyways.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Awesome!

...wait, hang on.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Kags, you seriously need to put that as your signature. :D
I thought it seemed...self-serving to have that as my own signature. But, I do find it funny enough to be worthy of a sig! Maybe I shall....

Poor SimKags, living on burnt waffles, if she was nice to the right Sim, she'd have the fluffiest and yummiest pancakes, EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Seriously, the Jessica Rabbit sketch wasn't enough for you?? :D

Gusto

Gusto

Jay heads over to Heather's place for some romance, uninvited. She's in a mood though, and has no interest in what he's selling.

Nick tries on his new Acrobat uniform, which is somewhere between S+M dom and Dothraki horselord. Seems to entertain the audience though - he gives his best an most lucrative performance yet.

Kags kleptomana is put to use at the homestead, and when CK finishes nude hottubbing, he finds his clothes missing. I guess that's what happens when you spend NINE GODDAMNED HOURS IN THERE. Seriously. Most of his day off.

While CK's soaking alone, Jay convinces Heather to join him and the others at the Grind. It's another slow night there, but at least al lthe lights and speakers are working now.

Not about to let Kags win, CK decides to just not worry about putting clothes on again, ever.

Kags hangs up a fitness form sign she stole from the gym in the appropriate place, while Droll breaks into full sprint on the treadmill. She's at the point in her sports career where she's got to play games twice a week, and maintain a good game record, and she's not gonna let her team down.

And fortunately, Kags and CK bury the hatchet later that day with some mutually-assured nudity.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I am so sorry CK, forgive me!

And hey, I actually wore the proper attire to the club! I'm so proud of my sim.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I think Nick was going for the "Legion of Doom" look:

Gusto

Gusto

CK and Nick clearly exercise for different reasons, but they can discuss them nonetheless.

Nick is promoted once again, and gains the ability to do some basic tricks wit the ring of fire.

He also starts getting quite friendly with Holly the magician, who I've renamed to Eliza to cut down on confusion.

Meanwhile the REAL Holly gets asked out on a date by by Mitch...

... who CLEARLY has some problems, seeing as he's married and rebuffs Holly's flirts. Iiiiinteresting.

Gusto is the only person that night who attends Bowie's show, which is a shame, because it ended up being one of his better performances.

Nick tries to help Kags succeed in some of her fitness goals, but alas, she's still new to the concept of treadmills.

The next day tey're both pretty wiped, so they just kick it with some TV.

Kags plays video games tat night while Gusto and Droll enjoy the night sky.

And Nick finally makes his move on Eliza after his show.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Poor Kagsim, that is not how a treadmill works.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I just can't handle the Dothraki S&Mlord outfit. I hope SimNick wears it everywhere.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I feel like such a bad student, heh, sorry Nick!

I'm glad peoples' performances are getting better, way to go Nick and Bowie!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Gusto

Gusto

I just can't handle the Dothraki S&Mlord outfit. I hope SimNick wears it everywhere.
He kinda does, he wears it all day on any day that he's got a performance. And usually his performances start at like 8 pm.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm getting the Seasons expansion, let's see how this changes things...

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm getting the Seasons expansion, let's see how this changes things...
Well for starters, I would assume it's going to change the seasons. :troll:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I am so sorry CK, forgive me!

And hey, I actually wore the proper attire to the club! I'm so proud of my sim.
Looks like you nude made up for it later.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I am forever alone in the sims.

Get on the treadmill, sim me! Become a god damn vixen!

Gusto

Gusto

I am forever alone in the sims.

Get on the treadmill, sim me! Become a god damn vixen!

Yeah?

Granted!

There's also online dating in-game now, you could try that?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I wish for SimsNick to make simsfriends with SimsHolly!

LittleSin

LittleSin

Yeah?

Granted!

There's also online dating in-game now, you could try that?
I want a reverse sterotype. Y'know, those fat lazy dudes that get hot chicks? I want to be THAT.

Gusto

Gusto

I wish for SimsNick to make simsfriends with SimsHolly!
Already done. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm pretty sure SimHolly has at least been flirted with....

SimKags probably just scares everyone, much like in real life, because she's to excitable. I am, however, happy with how my sim is going through life. The klepto-ing is just beautiful.

Also, YAY SEASONS!!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

God, this is fantastic... I can't get enough of the updates, or the comments that go along with the individual screenshots.

Gusto, you sir are awesome.

Gusto

Gusto

God, this is fantastic... I can't get enough of the updates, or the comments that go along with the individual screenshots.

Gusto, you sir are awesome.
Thanks bro. :)

My next update will be pretty beefy. It'll basically capture some promotions and other nonsense that happened before the expansion, and a few things afterwards. We're in the "middle" of summer. Each season lasts a week right now, so I'll go through each one once before maybe adjusting those lengths. WE SHALL SEE.[DOUBLEPOST=1353189787][/DOUBLEPOST]
SimKags probably just scares everyone, much like in real life, because she's to excitable. I am, however, happy with how my sim is going through life. The klepto-ing is just beautiful.
Actually your Inappropriate trait (aside from having the occasional benefit of making you wear your costumes, which happens so rarely it might as well never happen) means that you're often kinda rude to most people you talk to. :( I'll probably change that trait, and am definitely open to suggestions. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Trait

Oh and HowDroll should be happy to learn that this new expansion features seasonal festivals, and the upcoming summer festival features AN OUTDOOR ROLLER SKATING RINK. :D

Gusto

Gusto

Jay jumps for joy after being promoted to Sous Chef.

CK fixes Nick's TV and maxes out his Handiness skill! One side benefit of this is that any Build items we buy with CK in the house will come at a significant discount.

CK may have to repair the shower after Droll and Gusto get done with it. :p

Holly gets as out-of-the-house as she's likely to get on the average day, and gets to writing her third humour book.

Bowie auditions for another gig at the diner, and sticks around long enough to catch some banana-pants crazy shit Nick is throwing down.

Kags is promoted to Backup Vocalist and gets a snazzy new dress to go with it!

Jay and Gusto (and later, Nick, CK and Holly) show us all where the dicks hang out.

As LittleSin requested, Holly starts trying to get into shape. Don't worry, she'll get it eventually. She also posts a profile for online dating, so we'll see how that goes.

Bowie croons to an invisible audience. He's about to hit Singer level 5, what career should he have next? Science will be his ultimate career but he left the third slot open and I'm not sure what to fill it with.

Droll is promoted to Team Captain of the Llamas and gets a nifty new tracksuit.

Nick! Don't flirt with Holly! You've got a girlfriend, Eliza! This could get interesting!

Gusto, Holly, and Kags know that it's hot in the summer, even in the middle of the night. They bust out their new floating lounge chairs and Holly tries the new diving board. Clothing optional, it seems.

figmentPez

figmentPez

SimKags's new dress. :D

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Dem simgams!

Gusto

Gusto

Aw yeah dat dressss. :awesome:

Discuss people!

What should Kags' fifth trait be?
What will Bowie take as his third job?
Will Nick cheat on Eliza with Holly?

LittleSin

LittleSin

I am roaring laughing at thatp ic of SimSin on the treadmill.

Husband: "That's...pretty accurate."

HowDroll

HowDroll

Thanks bro. :)

My next update will be pretty beefy. It'll basically capture some promotions and other nonsense that happened before the expansion, and a few things afterwards. We're in the "middle" of summer. Each season lasts a week right now, so I'll go through each one once before maybe adjusting those lengths. WE SHALL SEE.[DOUBLEPOST=1353189787][/DOUBLEPOST]

Actually your Inappropriate trait (aside from having the occasional benefit of making you wear your costumes, which happens so rarely it might as well never happen) means that you're often kinda rude to most people you talk to. :( I'll probably change that trait, and am definitely open to suggestions. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Trait

Oh and HowDroll should be happy to learn that this new expansion features seasonal festivals, and the upcoming summer festival features AN OUTDOOR ROLLER SKATING RINK. :D

Fuck yeah! Here's hoping I can knock bitches down.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I shouldn't be surprised by the sheer amount of nudity in this.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm thinking Perfectionist.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Hmm... career... How about Chef. It's the only other thing I can think of.[DOUBLEPOST=1353195766][/DOUBLEPOST]Funny, the banner ad is for Five9, which is the calling software my work uses.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm thinking Perfectionist.

I was thinking something more like Friendly or Good. Hmmmm... Something that'd make it easier for her to have good relationships with people, as she seems to on the forum. Perfectionist is kind of like Inappropriate, in that it can cause hidden negative social interactions.

Hmm... career... How about Chef. It's the only other thing I can think of.
I'm kind of hesitant to give you the same job as someone else in the house, especially since the first few levels are basically dishwashers...

Dei

Dei

Do the self employment levels count as reaching career levels? If so you could just go with gardener. If you have Ambitions you could do ghost hunter, but that actually takes hands on playing while he's on the job.

Gusto

Gusto

Do the self employment levels count as reaching career levels? If so you could just go with gardener. If you have Ambitions you could do ghost hunter, but that actually takes hands on playing while he's on the job.
They do, yes. I was thinking Gardener might work, or something that makes use of his gardening like Necter Maker (Vintner).

Jay

Jay

Aw yeah dat dressss. :awesome:

Discuss people!

What will Bowie take as his third job?
Will Nick cheat on Eliza with Holly?
1. Something Kaggie.
2. Professional Juggler
3. NO

LittleSin

LittleSin

Yessssss.

Jay

Jay

SimJay's plan should be to flirt his way up the corporate latter, then once he works only a few days a week and make big bucks, flirt with every female within eyesight.

Then...

9304261.jpg

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm fine with that Gusto.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Fuck yeah! Here's hoping I can knock bitches down.
I hope this works with all of your posts in this thread from now on.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Nick, I think your flirtations would work better if you were a Dothraki S&Mlord. I understand that part of the marriage ceremony involves having the bride eat a sub's heart.

Jay

Jay

It is known.

Gusto

Gusto

It is known.
You know nothing.

strawman

strawman

Excitable or friendly.

Gusto

Gusto

Excitable or friendly.
She's got Excitable already. :)

I gave her Good. Makes it almost impossible for her to do negative social interactions unless she's just downright furious, and she's able to comfort people who need it. Throw in the occasional charitable donation and it sounds like LittleKagsin to me. :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

I like the choice. Kags is good, one of the best people I know.

Gusto

Gusto

Bowie gets himself a Nectar machine and starts making moonshine apple wine.

The household goes to the Festival grounds the next day. Droll tries her hand at rollerskating but it's a new skill seperate from Athleticism, and she's pretty timid at first.

Kags plays in public for a while and Holly and Jay look on.

Jay gets his face painted and feels extra piratey afterwards.

Droll competes in an eating contest while Jay silently judges her.

Kags and Gusto hear from their agents, who says The Grind will pay them to dance there for 3 hours. You don't have to ask them twice!

The group hangs a few new belongings on the wall. Here's a group photo taken at the festival...

... while this shows some silly/romantic photo booth photos of Droll and Gusto. On the right is another sketch stolen by Kags, this one done by an Architectural Designer.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I should not be as invested in my simself as I am.

BTW, when are Kags and I gonna hit the town?

Gusto

Gusto

I should not be as invested in my simself as I am.

BTW, when are Kags and I gonna hit the town?
Tell you what, the Leisure Day festival is in three days. It's basically Labour Day and marks the end of the summer season. I'll make a post that's just like 8 screens of you two living it up. ;)

Jay

Jay

This last update was the best thus far IMO. Those portraits... so cute.

Brofist if you agree.

Gusto

Gusto

This last update was the best thus far IMO. Those portraits... so cute.

Brofist if you agree.
I DO SIR

I gave them a shot because I wasn't sure how they'd turn out. Now that I know, I plan on taking a lot of them. :)

Gusto

Gusto

It's a Thursday and literally EVERYONE has Thursdays off in this house. It's a beautiful sunny summer day so the gang decides to spend most of it outdoors. Kags makes a flub of her first dive.

Droll seems to get really happy when she runs like crazy!

Bowie auditions for what may be his last Singer gig, and then pens a love letter to a handsome dude he saw in town, Jack.

People continue tanning and generally soaking up the sun. Jay even invites Heather over; they haven't had a day off in forever!

WHAT JAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING HEATER NO THAT ISN'T YOUR BED

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Heather walks around afterwards with the appropriate amount of swagger. Nick prays she finishes him quickly.

Turns out she just wanted to take a picture. Nick's a 3-star celebrity in town, after all.

Gusto tells a terrifying tale about cockroaches, which makes CK hungry.

Kags seems to have mastered diving. :)

Good thing everyone enjoyed their sunny day, because now it's pouring, lightning and all.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Especially given the context, that is literally the gayest thing ever associated with me :p

Gusto

Gusto

Especially given the context, that is literally the gayest thing ever associated with me :p
"Love Letter" is a new interaction in this expansion and I wanted to try it out, especially since you don't know many of the dudes in town. It's kinda similar to how everyone has afemale romantic interest, but no one can attract a dude.

Anyway, I just thought it was a cute screenshot, I didn't mean any offense, if you took some.

Bowielee

Bowielee

God no, I didn't mean for that to sound like i was offended at all. Cause I'm not at all.

Gusto

Gusto

And really, almost half of the romantic interactions are animated in an INCREDIBLY feminine way.

Jay

Jay

So, who's bed did SimJayand SimHeather soiled with our first woohoo?

also notice her strutting afterwards, yep, that sous chef makes one hell of a good souflee.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Well, if you cook 'em right, I bet a roach would be edible.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ah, yay, SO many updates!!

Thank you for changing my trait, I approve of my new one. As much as I liked wearing random things...I wouldn't want to be mean to anyone.

And can I just say that I cannot WAIT until Bowie and I get to run around town together! Yes, please! :)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Yeah, I'd really like to know whose bed was soiled. If it was mine, there shall be hell to pay.

Also, I REALLY like how you've so quickly weaved the weather stuff into the story, Gusto. Big thumbs up from me.

Also, holy shit, SimsNick is looking buff. Which is sad, given that these days, RealNick is kind of the opposite. :(

Frank

Frank

I'd imagine by his horror and disgust, it was Gusto's bed.

Just Me

Just Me

I would like to go to this festival and get a facepainting by Bob Ross too!

strawman

strawman

Happy little clouds.

Gusto

Gusto

It was Droll's bed. :p

Which is weird because Jay's bed is LITERALLY in the next room over.

But it's alright because these days Droll tends to sleep in Gusto's bed. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1353254610][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, since the screenshot doesn't capture the post-Woohoo strut that well:

Jay

Jay

SimJay proclaims he never even saw that Sim before in his Simlife.

Also, Secret Santa left something special in Droll's bed.... and it ain't socks!

Gusto

Gusto

SimJay proclaims he never even saw that Sim before in his Simlife.

Also, Secret Santa left something special in Droll's bed.... and it ain't socks!
Gross.

HowDroll

HowDroll

OH GOD WHY ARE MY SHEETS STUCK TOGETHER

Espy

Espy

Eeeeeeew.

Jay

Jay

OH GOD WHY ARE MY SHEETS STUCK TOGETHER
tFT7J.gif

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Wow, I bet SimDroll didn't see that coming.

Gusto

Gusto

Everything in the kitchen breaks at once, but Bowie is starting to get interested in Handiness so he repairs 'em, right after two bathtubs and a toilet that same morning.

CK is promoted to level 9 of his career, Squadron Leader. Next step gets him to Astronaut and he fulfills his life's ambition.

Bowie, defying all logic, runs out in a thunderstorm to... water his plants. Hmm...

Later that evening, the storm lets up and the rain stops, although puddles remain all over town.

Nick's new bright orange facepaint delights and mystifies audiences!

Jay celebrates his promotion with some vidja games.

CK gets paid quite well by a neighbour for upgrading her speakers.

And, due to a weird bug, Droll is apparently the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

NeoDroll. She's found a way to exit the system.

Gusto

Gusto

Coming up next: Kags and Bowie's Day Out!

Jay

Jay

... yes more Kaggggs.

Gusto

Gusto

... yes more Kaggggs.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Coming up next: Kags and Bowie's Day Out!
WOOT!

Gusto

Gusto

It's Leisure Day, and a holiday for everyone! Bowie convinces Kags to join him at the festival grounds for some fun!

They arrive and discuss the music, but something is preventing them from taking pictures in the photo booth together. They opt for some more improvised fun.

The two of them and some onlookers start having a water balloon fight! Bowie hit Kags with the first volley!

But she comes right back at him and hits him right in the junk!

After that it's a little rollerskating. Kags is not great at it.

She challenges some people to an eating contest instead, and is pretty pumped about her chances.

Unfortunately, Lindy wins instead, and Kags ends up feeling queasy for an hour or so.

Dismayed at her performance, Kags challenges Bowie to a shootout instead. Having learned no lessons about hubris, she taunts him.

Her confidence is well-placed this time it seems, as she easily stops all of Bowie's shots....

...while Bowie is unable to stop hers!

Kags returns home a winner, and the two have had a lovely Leisure Day!

The rest of the household basically spent time being lazy around the pool and eating pancakes, as you might expect. Oh well, these summer days won't last.

Jay

Jay

Yes, we must have these type of days. We like these type of days. We wants it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I can totally see Kags having a day just like that.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Kags and I in a hot dog eating contest...

No comment.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Kinda wish there was an "Awww yeah..." button.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Pah, that was pretty sensational! I'm so glad Bowie and I finally got our day out and I kind of hope we have more. Yeah!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Kags and I in a hot dog eating contest...

No comment.
:awesome:

Gusto

Gusto

Holly and Gusto start off the fall season by painting.

Kags and Nick both get invited to a party. Kags takes the chance to get a little "friendlier" with their host Isaac...

...but Nick finds out the truth! Eliza has been cheating on him with Isaac!

Nick is feeling angry and betrayed for the next little while, and Kags is embarrassed to have flirted with an unavailable dude. The two comfort each other and end up better friends for the experience.

The neighbourhood is still prone to the occasional thunderstorm, it seems, even in the fall. Bowie learns the hard way that working on the roof during a lightning storm isn't the greatest idea.

Holly's going a little stir-crazy after not being in the house for so long. She, Kags, and some other decide to hit The Grind for some drinks and dancin'.

Nick runs into Eliza at the club, and gets some closure by officially breaking up with her.

Holly meets Evan at the club and shows him her sexy dance! Yowza!

Meanwhile, all alone at home, CK decides hottubbing in the storm isn't EXTREME enough, and opts to do it nude.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

For shame Issac!! For shame! I'm glad Nick and I can be better friends because of it all, though. YAY!

WOOO, goin' to da club!! Go Holly it's your birthday, it's your birthday! We're going to party like it's your birthday!

.....I need to probably not be on the internet today...

Is Bowie okay?? I hope my partner in crime isn't seriously hurt.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The "Funny" rating was for Bowie's look of utter disbelief about what just happened to him! :rofl:

Gusto

Gusto

Is Bowie okay?? I hope my partner in crime isn't seriously hurt.
There is a status that lasts for about a day called "Singed" that happens when you fail at repairing something electronic or get burned or hit by lightning or stuff like that. It's kind of a warning state, because having that status DRAMATICALLY increases the likelihood of the event happening again, with fatal consequences.

For example, if Bowie had been struck by lightning, then gone inside to repair a broken TV, his chances of death by electrocution while doing the repair would have been 100%.

So after being hit by lightning, Bowie basically went inside and counted his blessings. :)

Jay

Jay

Last update feels Jayless.

Yes, yes it is.

Correct this Good Sir.

*narrows eyes and rubs tips of fingers together*

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Yes, yes it is.

Correct this Good Sir.

It needed a lot of shenaNICKgans. :p

Jay

Jay

You're so Droll.

LittleSin

LittleSin

You're so Droll.
HowDroll is he?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

HowDroll is he?
Only a little, Sin.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Only a little, Sin.
You responded with such gusto!

Gusto

Gusto

Yes, yes it is.

Correct this Good Sir.

You work a lot. Maybe I'll have you retire after you get your lifetime goal, should be soon.

Gusto

Gusto

It's autumn in Starlit Shores, and the autumn festival comes with it. This festival features a pumpkin pie booth, a pumpkin patch (from which Sims can harvest pumpkins either for planting, carving, or making pumpkin pie). There is also a hunted house and a mechanical bull.

Jay creates his greatest pancakes ever, and gets to use the Kick Up A Notch action on them. He's THIS close to mastering the Cooking skill. But all work and no play makes Jay a depressed boy.

Gusto goes for a morning dip in the hot tub and starts a new masterpiece.

Jay's Social Butterfly trait makes him EXTRA depressed when he doesn't socialize for a long time, and Jay yearns to be where the people are, he wants to see, wants to see 'em dancin'.

The paparazzi is checking him out as always. This just in: dat assssss.

Nick and Kags go along too, since Kags got the job from her agent again to dance at The Grind as a celebrity.

Bowie watches the news in his room, just below the portrait Gusto painted of him.

CK and Holly get cozy in the hot tub.

Errabody in da club gettin' tipsy.

Jay asks the only other girl there to dance, but is rejected. His social needs STILL unfulfilled, he sulks all the way home. :(

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ohhhh, poor Jay!! I hope he gets some love soon.

OMG, I get to go dancing and get paid for it?? Best job ever. Thank you Agent.
I'm glad that Nick and I are still getting along as friends, yay!

Scandal! Cuddling in the hottub? We all know what happens after cuddling......

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I say we make a big shindig party on Jay's behalf.

Espy

Espy

1) That picture of Bowie staring at the wall is creeeepy. (I know there's a tv there but its hidden so it looks like he's staring at the wall, prepping for a crazed murder spree when everyone gets home. Hey! That could be the next Sims pack! Sims: The Overlook Hotel Pack! )
2) What is the one blur bar supposed to be covering in the hot tub? Ck's nipples? :p

strawman

strawman

Jay man up and cut in.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Gusto, stop making me want to get this game.

Gusto

Gusto

It'll happen! Spooky Day is around the corner, and I know several sims who'd like to host a party with some costumes. :)

2) What is the one blur bar supposed to be covering in the hot tub? Ck's nipples? :p
CK likes to funk out with his junk out. The mosaic is mostly underwater.

Gusto, stop making me want to get this game.

Never!

Jay

Jay

1) That picture of Bowie staring at the wall is creeeepy. (I know there's a tv there but its hidden so it looks like he's staring at the wall, prepping for a crazed murder spree when everyone gets home. Hey! That could be the next Sims pack! Sims: The Overlook Hotel Pack! )
Did you notice he also looks naked and we can't see his hands.....?

WiyDq.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1353435800][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ohhhh, poor Jay!! I hope he gets some love soon.
CAN I HAS FRIEND?[DOUBLEPOST=1353435840][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yiiiiiis, JayDay![DOUBLEPOST=1353435872][/DOUBLEPOST]
Jay man up and cut in.
SimJay needs to be more like Jay and Jay away. Okay?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

YOU CAN HAS FRIEND!!

Jay

Jay

YOU CAN HAS FRIEND!!
g0fky.gif

Gusto

Gusto

Gusto gets his clothes swiped from the hot tub, but decides to own it and eats at family breakfast anyway.

Gusto and Holly get into the Spooky Day spirit by carving their first pumpkins.

So does Bowie, by trying out a new style (I can only assume, I have no other idea why this would happen).

Droll is so athletic that scientists are studying her! She jogs for a while and returns the pedometer for a fat check. Notice the Fall Festival grounds in the background.

Jay hits the club again after work to get his social on. He's feeling much better, but Barry doesn't want to hear Jay's thesis on how to properly cook a steak just now.

CK earns enough aspiration points to buy the Fireproof Household reward, and lights the fireplaces with impunity!

Jay and Droll both get called in (as celebrity guests) to give a presentation at the business centre. As Jay's taking his turn, Droll catches up on some of her online chess games.

Now that we're about halfway through fall, the Gardening rules change. Some plants are still working (including the new pumpkin vines), but the lime tree has gone dormant probably until spring.

And Kags and Nick take a break from their pool game for some socialization.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

That...looks like more than socializing.....Aaaannd...still in my jammies.

OMG, pumpkins! I'm so excited for more fall festivity-ness going on with the house. Yay!

I would just like to say that CK is a stud! Fireproofing the house is one of the best things yet.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I seem pretty excited about that fireplace, too.

Gusto

Gusto

I seem pretty excited about that fireplace, too.
Yeah you lit it up and were like FUCK YEAH.

Being in a room with a fireplace (or having a flame fruit in your inventory!) gives you a nice mood buff, so your guy was probably feeling the effects. :)

Gusto

Gusto

Oh by the way, the screenshot above may be the only one zoomed in enough for you to see LittleKagsin 's freckles. :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Right now I'm kinda glad I didn't ask for a simPez to be put in the mix. First, I'd be so incredibly creeped out if my sim ended up with LittleKagsin 's sim. Second, even if I didn't end up in that weirdness, I don't like the idea of my sim having a better romantic life than I do.

Gusto

Gusto

Right now I'm kinda glad I didn't ask for a simPez to be put in the mix. First, I'd be so incredibly creeped out if my sim ended up with LittleKagsin 's sim. Second, even if I didn't end up in that weirdness, I don't like the idea of my sim having a better romantic life than I do.
I generally post pics of the Sims' initial flirtations before letting them go through with their wishes to take the relationship further. If Droll had seen the first screen of Gusto and her flirting, and been uncomfortable at the prospect, I would have stopped it from happening. Neither Kags nor Nick have Flirty traits, so it's taken them a while to get to this point (opposed to Droll and Jay, with the trait, who were in relationships almost immediately).

What I'm saying is that I would certainly take participants' wishes into account if they did or didn't want their Sims to develop in a certain way, and even without them saying so, I can kind of assume a bit. Believe it or not, the person in the house that has been asked on the most dates is Bowie, but no one who asked him was a dude, so I've declined 'em all.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I've never played the Sims, so I had no idea you had that kind of control. Still the second reason still holds, since I wouldn't want to ruin everyone else's fun just because I'm all :foreveralone:

Gusto

Gusto

I've never played the Sims, so I had no idea you had that kind of control. Still the second reason still holds, since I wouldn't want to ruin everyone else's fun just because I'm all :foreveralone:
Haha fair enough. :)

Yeah there's a lot of control you can have, which makes things all the more interesting when you do very little and just let people act out what they'd do naturally. This time around, rather than depending ENTIRELY on their free will, I'm also helping them now and then to do things that they wouldn't do autonomously, which accelerates things a bit and generally makes them more interesting to screenshot. Otherwise a third of my screenshot would be people playing video games and reading books, and I certainly couldn't get 2-3 decent updates every day. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ah, I have my freckles??? Thank you Gusto! :)

Gusto

Gusto

Holly attempts some sort of trick sot involving a gnome, but bashes herself in the eye instead.

Nick incorporates flaming juggling kung-fu into his act.

Droll and CK match their incredible wits.

Nick finishes his show, and is promoted to the top of his career! As a Master Acrobat, he has achieved his lifetime goal, and is now an S&M khal! The audience loses their minds! Nick made $11,000 for that performance.

Kags, as a Sim with both Kleptomania and Good traits, feels the urge to return some of her stolen goods. Ain't dat sweet! She returns a clock and a lamp.

Holly gets commissioned to write a biography for a neighbour!

Nick's facepaint apparently turns Kags on.

The next morning is Spooky Day! Gusto plans the party and everyone else starts preparing!

Stay tuned for the Spooky Day shenanigans!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Oh good gravy! I'm glad simKags has some love in her life, I would be sad if she were alone. Way to step up to the plate simNick!

D'aww, I return things!!

strawman

strawman

Gusto and Holly get into the Spooky Day spirit by carving their first pumpkins.

Carefully place newspaper under the rug to protect the carpet...

Gusto

Gusto

Carefully place newspaper under the rug to protect the carpet...
Gusto got that rug as a free handout for being a celebrity. If I get pumpkin guts all over it, I've got two more to replace it with. :)

I should think about posting all the free shit we've got. :)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

bitches love dothraki s&mlords

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Dayum, I thought SimsNick and SimsKags were just good, close friends. Way to go, acrobat man![DOUBLEPOST=1353510198][/DOUBLEPOST]Also...

I'm (Acro)batman.

Gusto

Gusto

Spooky Day Party!

I just spammed a bunch of screenshots so I don't have witty commentary for all of them. Enjoy the photo montage!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Omg, I'm so excited, I can't handle it!!

Is that me craving a pumpkin? Yes! And it's a happy pumpkin, yay! Omg, who's the hotdog? Is that Droll?? Please let it be Droll!! Ha, it's awesome!

Ah, I'm playing Doctor! Who shall be my first patient?

Wait wait...who's dog is that?? Do we have a dog?

Ohh, yay, I love parties!

Gusto

Gusto

Omg, I'm so excited, I can't handle it!!

Is that me craving a pumpkin? Yes! And it's a happy pumpkin, yay! Omg, who's the hotdog? Is that Droll?? Please let it be Droll!! Ha, it's awesome!

Wait wait...who's dog is that?? Do we have a dog?

Ohh, yay, I love parties!
Actually you carved the kitty pumpkin. :) Droll's the hotdog, yes. I laughed when I saw it. We don't have a dog, but strays sometimes show up on active households. There are a couple that actually seem to have bugged and stuck there, and without the ability to leave, it looks like they'll just suffer endlessly. I'm going to use some cheats to move 'em out of there.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Based on past events, simNick might be willing to play doctor with you.

Dave

Dave

Is....is Droll farting in the third picture?

Gusto

Gusto

Oh, and by the way...

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

This party's theme seemed to be Ringing Butts.

Also, two questions:

1) Why in the hoot nanny is SimNick not in a costume? I'm like the only one! :(
2) Did the whole party help SimJay feel less lonely?

HowDroll

HowDroll

bitches love dothraki s&mlords
OH GOD YES. Not even kidding about that.

Gusto

Gusto

This party's theme seemed to be Ringing Butts.

Also, two questions:

1) Why in the hoot nanny is SimNick not in a costume? I'm like the only one! :(
2) Did the whole party help SimJay feel less lonely?
1) You were in a criminal costume (screenshot above) but during the party you left briefly and went for a swim, when you changed back, you were in your normal clothes. CK also went outside for a bit after te temperature dropped so he's seen above wearing his automatically generated "outerwear". Now that winter is upon us, I'll actually plan everyone's outwear.

2) Jay socialized at the party, yes, but he got over his crippling loneliness a day or two beforehand at the club.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Wouldn't be the first time I dressed in leather for halloween.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Wouldn't be the first time I dressed in leather for sex.
Fixed that for ya. :p

Jay

Jay

We require JayDay, after he meets lifetime achievement of course.

Then he retires for awhile, of course.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

The dothraki s&mlords wear bells in their hair for each woman they bring to orgasm. Observe that Nick has no bells in his hair.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

It looks like I'm thinking about stealing Jay's plate.

Also I dressed up as Mister Rogers?

LittleSin

LittleSin

I AM ZATANNA!

figmentPez

figmentPez

I AM ZATANNA!
Without fishnets? I think not.
harumph.gif

Jay

Jay

Loneliest Fireman in the world.

Gusto

Gusto

No time for a proper update just now, so here's the group in their new outerwear outfits, that I actually made and weren't just auto-generated.

Jay

Jay

You can call me Sir Burgundy

Gusto

Gusto

Gusto apparently has no idea how temperatures work.

At least Jay opts for the hot tub.

Gusto and Droll try out their new outwear and sit outside to watch the stars.

All of Bowie's plants are dormant during the winter, and since he needs fresh fruit to make wine, he's effectively on vacation until spring.

Nick also proves himself impervious to the cold and eats outdoors, even though all the outdoor kitchen furniture is covered in a layer of snow.

Droll is wise enough to stay indoors where it's still toasty warm. I love how the windows get frosted. :)

And Nick and Kags escape winter's chill by enjoying some escapist television together.

Jay makes his famous apple pancakes, and Gusto does the Pancake Dance.

CK opts to max out his Athletic Skill! Having maxed out both his Athletic and Handiness now, he's only days away from achieving his lifetime goal.

Nick puts on his biggest show ever, at the same stadium where Droll practices.

And Droll enjoys a nice moonlit jog home in the brisk winter air.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The Pancake Dance is now officially a Gusto thing. I expect to see a live action version uploaded to Youtube ASAP.

Jay

Jay

F22900828.jpg

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

As a Finn, I must offer my sincerest approval of anything done in little to no clothes in the snow.

*sighs*

I miss taking a skinny-dip in the sea in the dead of winter after a sauna.

Gusto

Gusto

As a Finn, I must offer my sincerest approval of anything done in little to no clothes in the snow.

*sighs*

I miss taking a skinny-dip in the sea in the dead of winter after a sauna.
Sims can get a Polar Bear Club buff by swimming in the ocean in the winter too. :)

LittleSin

LittleSin

Sims can get a Polar Bear Club buff by swimming in the ocean in the winter too. :)
I've always wanted to do the polar bear swim. I can't decide if I would be better off or worst off because of my weight.

I guess, what I'm saying, is make my SimSin swim in the icy cold so I can live vicariously through her.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I've always wanted to do the polar bear swim. I can't decide if I would be better off or worst off because of my weight.

I guess, what I'm saying, is make my SimSin swim in the icy cold so I can live vicariously through her.
Well, I don't think there's any harm or hindrance from extra weight, just as long you don't have any heart conditions or anything.

I recommend finding a place with a sauna. That way you can rush into the sea straight from the sauna, and right back into sauna once you come out after the dipping. The full-body tingle you get is just utterly enjoyable.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Oh jeez, those winter outfits are so tasteful.

Gusto, you are making me want the hell out of this game.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Well, I don't think there's any harm or hindrance from extra weight, just as long you don't have any heart conditions or anything.

I recommend finding a place with a sauna. That way you can rush into the sea straight from the sauna, and right back into sauna once you come out after the dipping. The full-body tingle you get is just utterly enjoyable.
I used to enjoy nude hot tubbing and then you jump out, roll around in the snow and jump back into the hot tub. Same sensation, worth going out of your way to try it.

Gusto

Gusto

I used to enjoy nude hot tubbing and then you jump out, roll around in the snow and jump back into the hot tub. Same sensation, worth going out of your way to try it.
I've done this too. :)

Oh jeez, those winter outfits are so tasteful.

Gusto, you are making me want the hell out of this game.
DO IT GUY. Although in my experience, it can be a lot more fun to see people play or hear people tell stories about than to do it yourself. Certainly not for everyone.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Love the winter outfits so much! Thank you so much for being so aweome with your updates Gusto!

I kind of feel like all of our sims are kind of happy...and that makes me happy! D'aww, is it okay for me to totally be in to simKags and simNick getting together someday. Just sayin'.

YAY SIMS!!!

Gusto

Gusto

Love the winter outfits so much! Thank you so much for being so aweome with your updates Gusto!

I kind of feel like all of our sims are kind of happy...and that makes me happy! D'aww, is it okay for me to totally be in to simKags and simNick getting together someday. Just sayin'.

YAY SIMS!!!

Hehe glad you're enjoying it! And yeah, Nick and Kags are basically together for all intents and purposes. Enough of a start has been given to this household's development, socially speaking, that because of my extensive experience with the game and Sims of all traits and wishes, I could probably predict what would happen with each of them if I turned aging back on and started playing another household. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Aww, yay for simKags and simNick! Well, I hope Nick is okay with it too....

But I'm super excited for our sims regardless. Excite!!

Gusto

Gusto

Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday guys, but I was far too busy. I can't guarantee anything today either but it's MORE likely and I'll try my best.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sounds good! Thanks Gusto. :)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday guys, but I was far too busy. I can't guarantee anything today either but it's MORE likely and I'll try my best.
Unacceptable! How dare you have a life outside of providing free, fun, Sims stories!

Jay

Jay

X2fbv.gif

Gusto

Gusto

I regret to inform everyone tat this project will be taking a brief hiatus to allow me to uninstall/reinstall the game and it's expansions. For whatever reason, the game seems to get stuck during initial launch every time I've attempted to load it this week. And I've been busy to boot.

I've got a couple interviews and job fairs this week but I hope to have everything restored to playability by the weekend.

Bear with me guys. :(

strawman

strawman

ATTENTION ALL HALFORUMS HOUSE MEMBERS:

Due to a temporal rift approaching the mansion, and without any reasonable method to relocate the mansion before the rift reaches it, we are placing the mansion, its inhabitants, and all side characters in cryo-stasis until further notice.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope you have a restful slumber until after the rift has passed.

Choose CryoProtect(tm) for your next catastrophe!

Jay

Jay

Sad-Birthday-Cat.jpg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Choose CryoProtect(tm) for your next catastrophe!
I believe it's spelled CyroProtect

strawman

strawman

I believe it's spelled CyroProtect
I believe this is gross misinformation from our competitor, CairoProtect.

Those sneaky foxes.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

And thus a meme was born...

strawman

strawman

Congrats on your new jorb, Gusto!

Any free time in the near future to poke the sims with a stick and see if they're still alive?

Bowielee

Bowielee

I seriously eyed up the expansions at the software store the other day.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Yes, please, Gusto! If you have time, that is. I know you're busy.

But I seriously miss my sim, I hope she's okay. :(

Besides, Bowie and I deserve another night of shenanigans, I think.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Gusto, I got this game because of you. At first I thought it was just okay, but then I realized I had been playing for a couple of hours straight when I thought that.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I had been playing for a couple of hours straight when I thought that.
It's like Minecraft, but instead of digging up blocks of dirt and stone, you are stacking people's lives.
Hey, Gusto , let us know if Halforums House has any Turbo Sexophonic moments, ok?

--Patrick

Dirona

Dirona

For those, like me, who are weak and have gotten (back) into this game recently - there is a Steam sale currently in progress that may be of interest to you.

Gusto

Gusto

I wish my game were working properly. :(

Gusto

Gusto

Magical news for ThatNickGuy :

I'm not sure of the exact details yet, but some variety of University Expansion Pack has been announced.

BananaHands

BananaHands

:cry:

Gusto

Gusto

I know, it's heartbreaking.

I'm going to redownload/reinstall Seasons tonight to see if that helps repair my game.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

This pretty much ended the way the first one did no?

Gusto

Gusto

Sort of. Sometimes the game decides to up and die.

I ended the last one because I kind of gave up interest in it because a lot of the people in the house had the same traits. So they'd basically do the same stuff every day. There're only so many times I can post screenshots of Ross playing a guitar before I lose my goddamned mind.[DOUBLEPOST=1357741675][/DOUBLEPOST]That's why this time I took a sample of like 15 people who were interested before deciding on 8, rather than just first come, first served. And I've also got like 6 expansions now which adds a little more interest too. :)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I still think a crazy cat lady would have been fantastic :D

Gusto

Gusto

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just necroing the thread to say I'll try my hand at running one, with a slight change of scenery. If anybody's interested in having their avatar participate, please post in the thread.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh heeeey!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'd love it if my avatar made it over! If you want other people though, I understand. But hey, I'm down!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'd love it if my avatar made it over! If you want other people though, I understand. But hey, I'm down!

By "post in the thread," I mean the thread I linked, the new thread for the new edition.

But don't worry, you're a shoo-in. Population cap is 25.

Oh heeeey!
Is that just enthusiasm, or a volunteer?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I just spent the last half hour or more going through this thread. Busted a gut all over again, especially two Sims macking it up in what I assume was Gusto's bed.

Hey @Gusto, I ain't gonna pressure ya hard, dude, but any chance we could see a Halforums House revival?

Gusto

Gusto

I just spent the last half hour or more going through this thread. Busted a gut all over again, especially two Sims macking it up in what I assume was Gusto's bed.

Hey @Gusto, I ain't gonna pressure ya hard, dude, but any chance we could see a Halforums House revival?
Yes. A very good chance.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Yes. A very good chance.

Gusto

Gusto

Jay

Jay

Sophia is a slut

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sophia is a slut
I wonder what Anita Sarkeesian would say about Lindsey making Sophia little more than a sexual Macguffin to be the object of the tug of war between Lindsey's two male sims.

Jay

Jay

I wonder what Anita Sarkeesian would say about...
6YABHcg.gif

Frank

Frank

It barely looks better than a modern browser game....but I guess that's the demographic.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The fun has begun in the Japanese High-school Halforums House sequel:

https://www.halforums.com/threads/halforums-house-3-halforums-academy-in-progress.29799/