[PC Game] Halforums House: Rimworld - the story thread

B

BErt

Careful shooter, I think.
Is @BErt secretly a zoophile or something? He keeps ending up in these situations, far away from everyone, where an animal gets angry at him.

--Patrick
Spoiler alert: I did it on purpose because I like my bionic arm so much I wanted the leg to match.

I bet I could have patched up Gas a bit better if I had all my fingers.
I bet I could've done it if only someone would train my pawn's med skill.
...I mean sure, the first dozen or so patients are going to die, but the ones after will reap(er) the benefits.

--Patrick

:(

I thought I'd be more of a "homebody" with the construction focus so stuff like this wouldn't happen!

:(
I'm sorry that your mini-me (mini-you?) didn't make it.[DOUBLEPOST=1501988910,1501988567][/DOUBLEPOST]
HalForums House:Rimworld - 5501, part 1

Apr 6 - Reverent1 begins having an extramarital affair with Squidleybits, despite being married to NobleHippy. Bubble181 accidentally slights CynicalKat, and she starts a fight with him. It's short and lackluster, though it still will gladly waste a MEDKIT EACH. That night, a pirate sapper raid arrives. Pez's uncle is among them. Dave and Null get shot up pretty bad, but nothing permanent. Terrik loses a thumb. Pez's uncle is downed and captured. He actively participated in the raid, but didn't kill anyone... so there's a debate about what to do with him. He's kept in a bare, lightless room, and allowed food, medicine and visitors.

Jugust 2 - Jun successfully installs a bionic eye in Null, fixing his disfigurement and giving him sight beyond sight. A psychic ship part crashes far to the west... but not far enough. Krisken passes out from heatstroke and must be carried to his bed. Eriol prematurely triggers the mechanoids to pop out from their husk, and pays the price. In the desperate fight that follows, Reverent1 takes a charge lance shot through the spine and is paralyzed. Hylian's nose is shot off. Unfortunately, just as medical attention arrives for Eriol, he bleeds out.

Jugust 5 - Jun fixes up Hylian with some rhinoplasty and an artificial nose, so that she won't be afraid to show her face any more. Bolstered by her successes, she attempts to replace Reverent1's shattered spine with a bionic one. The operation is a rousing success - not only can Reverent1 walk again, but he can move and manipulate objects 20% faster than he could when he was whole. On a roll, she installs a bionic eye in CynicalKat, and then just to prove who's boss doc around here, she fixes Zero's blunder, and installs another bionic eye for GasBandit. That night, more relatives arrive with another trade caravan. It's a pity the Halforumites won't be able to take them all with them when they escape... IF they escape...
What a roller coaster!! Other than the super gratuitous violence, this is some serious 90210 quality drama here! Including affairs, feuds and surprise family members!

GasBandit

Staff member
Buckle up kids, it's been a wild year.

HALFORUMS HOUSE:RIMWORLD - The end of 5501

Jugust 14 - BErt gets a bionic leg to match his bionic arm. How many more animal-related mishaps before he is all machine, I wonder?

Pictured: Above.

Pictured: Surgery, then a game of horseshoes, yes?

Jugust 15 - A chunk of spacecraft falls through the roof over some grain storage. Thankfully it's not the kind that has mechanoids in it.

Pictured: Somebody order some orbital debris?

Septober 1 - I shouldn't have mentioned Mechanoids. A pack of them attack from the west. Cog obliviously goes outside a side entrance and unwittingly attracts the attention of a scyther. He gets shot full of holes, and loses a foot. CynicalKat almost loses a leg defending the main entrance. Wasabi gets too stressed out and just kind of wanders off.

Pictured: DESTROY ALL HUMANS

Pictured: Cog becomes the hunted.

Sept 2 - Zero manages to not fuck up installing Cog's bionic foot.

Sept 4 - Cheesy has a major depressive episode and goes on an eating binge.

Pictured: Fuck this farming shit, Imma eat my weight in rice.

Sept 6 - A new leisure hall is constructed. The card table is a big hit.

Pictured: I'll see your bet, and raise you 50.

Sept 7 - Gruebeard proposes to Kags, and she accepts. I smell another winter wedding. Good thing we're stocked up on food. BErt goes hunting another Megasloth, and it rips his right foot off. Bront tries to defend him, but gets his tail bitten off as well.

Pictured: Kagsbeard? Gruekags?

Pictured: WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO BERT

Sept 8 - Jun installs BErt's new bionic food. How much longer before he is more machine than man?!

Sept 9 - The colony is attacked by 38 man-eating deer. In the ensuing battle, Mikerc hits Pez with friendly fire - in the head, and he's killed instantly. BErt loses an eye. Reverent1 also gets hit in the eye, and while it isn't a total loss, it's almost as good as gone. Hylian has an ear torn off. Most of the injuries among the colonists come from friendly fire, actually - and it's a big morale dump.

Pictured: Carnage and loss.

Sept 10 - Frank insults Celt Z, and she plays him a little chin music. The fight is over before anybody's seriously hurt, and it comes out about even - what with Keltsy being better at melee, but Frank wearing armor. Pez is interred in an artful sandstone sarcophagus.

Pictured: Celt Z v. Frank

Sept 11 - a Poison ship crashes out west. It is bombarded with mortars, and the scythers rush into the killbox to be destroyed. The Caterpillars, however, are hit by mortars and thus move too slowly to get to the killbox, but are still too dangerous to charge out from behind cover. The bombardment of them continues well into the night. Bubble insults Gruebeard and it kicks off another fight. Hylian gets a bionic ear. Mikerc tries to install BErt's bionic eye but fails catastrophically, causing more harm. Meanwhile, every single thing that can be researched has been researched.

Pictured: Bubble v. Grue

Pictured: "I don't know, I wasn't there, he just started spurting blood on his own" - Mikerc

Sept 13 - Reverent1 gets a bionic eye. He hasn't seen this well in years.

Sept 14 - Emrys' pet rat, Blood, is eaten by a grizzly bear. The bear is hunted down, but the damage is done.

Pictured: A rat is lost

Decembruary 2 - Far slights Null. A few blows are exchanged, but the fight is not prolonged. Emrys gets food poisoning and vomits all over the place.

Pictured: Null, Far, wherever you are

Pictured: "Somebody hold my hair!" -Emrys

Dec 3 - An exotic goods trader passes by with a human lung on ice. It is purchased for Dirona.

Dec 4 - Mechanoids attack the colony again. Reverent1 takes an idiotic shortcut OUTSIDE the wall to get to the killbox and is shot dead by a charge lance to the chest. Now neither NobleHippy OR Squidley gets him, and they're both really upset about it. Mikerc's arm gets shot off. A cold snap moves in during the fight.

Pictured: Reverent1's lechery is ended, rather permanently.

Dec 5 - Zero botches Dirona's lung surgery so badly he nearly kills her. She's in the hospital for a long, long time. And the lung went to waste. Jun installs a bionic arm on Mikerc with no difficulty.

Pictured: ZERO. How do you fail a lung transplant so badly that you CRACK HER PELVIS? What'd you do, FALL ON HER?

Dec 6 - Called it. Gruebeard and Kags' wedding takes place in the dining hall. That night, pirate sappers arrive. PatrThom's father is among them. Dave gets his arm blown off. PatrThom's father is captured.

Pictured: Wuv, TWOO wuv... chewish your wuv...

Dec 7 - Jun installs Dave's bionic arm.

Dec 10 - Cheesy1 gets struck by lightning and is hospitalized. CynicalKat begins having an extramarital affair with Patrthom.

Pictured: The institution of marriage is a sham.

Dec 13 - Null and Dei become lovers.

Dec 14 - a poison ship crashes right in the fucking middle of the compound, narrowly missing destroying two storage pavilions. A defensive barrier is hastily constructed, and the militia attempts to deal with it. It's an ugly scene, Mikerc and GasBandit are severely wounded. SpecialKO loses his nose and an ear. Gryfter loses a foot.

Pictured: AVON CALLING, MEATSACKS.

Pictured: The bloody aftermath.

Dec 15 - Wasabi can't deal with being in the hospital and goes on a food binge. Zero manages not to fuck up installing Gryfter's bionic foot.

Aprimay 1, 5502 - SpecialKO gets a new artificial nose and bionic ear, courtesy of Jun.

State of the Colony: Food is no longer an issue. We're drowning in food. We also have plenty of access to the more mundane of building materials - wood is plentiful, and we're able to drill for steel and plasteel. The problem we face now is we need uranium - and a lot of it - to build a ship reactor and the ship's cryptosleep pods. I've been keeping an eye out on traders, but they've been kinda scarce and none of them have brought uranium. I'm starting to think we're going to have to send caravans to the surrounding towns looking to buy everything we can, AND possibly send mining groups to camp out in the mountains and try to find uranium there. We've got a good beginning to a muffalo herd, so that's helpful for caravaning.

Social outlook:

Last edited:
B

BErt

...everything is going according to plan. Shed ALL the limbs!

@Emrys, will you still love me when I'm an android? Also, I'm sorry for your loss :( ::hugs::

Last edited by a moderator:
Bubble insults Gruebeard and it kicks off another fight.
Well, he shouldn't have stolen my girl. Admittedly, I hadn't actually ever talked to her, but in my heart, I knew she was right for me! I've been holding doors open for her and doffing my hat and everything!
Why do the good guys never get the girl, huh? Are women just that stupid?!

:whistling:[DOUBLEPOST=1502102582,1502102260][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, that's, like, the second person to get killed over taking a shortcut outside the base. Have you considered closing the backdoor? :p

GasBandit

Staff member
Also, that's, like, the second person to get killed over taking a shortcut outside the base. Have you considered closing the backdoor? :p
Not everybody's always inside when the raid begins, and I don't always see it until they head for the front gate. Locking the posterns would make it even worse, then they'd have nowhere else to get back in.