Halforums Academy 2 Story Commentary Thread

I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it humorous how the characters who most heavily maxed themselves in character creation ended up. Meanwhile, Ash proved that slow and steady does indeed win the race when it comes to popularity.
Hey now, I tried to represent myself as accurately as I could (minus the Lego thing).
...except that my real self was never that motivated to excel.

--Patrick

By the way, how close do you want me to match the durr face? Parts of it are a little bit wonky due to the previous vectorization. Do you want me to keep it close as possible or clean it up a bit?

By the way, how close do you want me to match the durr face? Parts of it are a little bit wonky due to the previous vectorization. Do you want me to keep it close as possible or clean it up a bit?
Personally, I leave it up to your artistic interpretation. If all the items look similar in style, a little change in the "Durr" should be okay.

GasBandit

Staff member
Regarding t-shirt vendors, I wonder if setting up a Threadless artist shop makes sense. Base fee per t-shirt is 15, and you can set the price for shirts. I have a bunch if shirts from them, they're pretty good.
That might be an idea. I'm not looking to turn a profit on shirts, so it might be a cheaper way to get the shirts than through some other sites. How many XLs do they go up through (2XL? 3XL? 5?)? Also, I assume this means we'll need to finalize some designs on the back end rather than letting people design their own?

Goes up to XXL (48-50" for men, 39-41" for women).

People could still design their own, but it would be a bit more work for you since you'd need to upload it to the artist shop.

One nice thing is they also offer other products. Tanks, hoodies, phone cases, and prints. Although phone case selection is limited to iPhone and Samsung Galaxy.

I find Threadless runs a bit small for women (or it can get very snug in the bust). I know it can be hit or miss, but I have a shop on Cafepress. The base price was around $15 for tshirts and it has other stuff. It also has a lot of size options.

Last edited:
Goes up to XXL (48-50" for men, 39-41" for women).

People could still design their own, but it would be a bit more work for you since you'd need to upload it to the artist shop.

One nice thing is they also offer other products. Tanks, hoodies, phone cases, and prints. Although phone case selection is limited to iPhone and Samsung Galaxy.
No good for me then... I need a 3X entirely because of my shoulders (though my lunchbox outline isn't helping) but I imagine everyone else could get what they need here.

Okay, I went back to the Threadless site to double check, and apparently I got the sizes wrong. They really need to clean up their website, they've got different sizing info on different pages. These sizes were taken from currently available designs.

The 3XL seems to be a bit on the slim side compared to other 3XL sizes, which seem to run around 53-56". They also apparently tend to shrink, although I can't say I've noticed.

Men's regular tee: 3XL, 50-52"
Men's sublimated: 2XL, 50-52"

Women's regular tee: 2XL, 39-41"
Women's racerback tank: L, 36-38"

Unisex tee: 2XL, 48-50"
Unisex sublimated: 2XL, 50-52"

Last edited:
My teefury shirts are not very consistently sized and always have a chance to be too tight around my arms, even when I go up a size.

Here's a copy of what I've done so far. Colors/text are preliminary. Overall shapes are done barring tweaks, still need to add details. Forgot to remove reference pic, you can see a bit of it on some of the edges, don't worry about it. If you have any complaints/suggestions, let me know.
It looks great to me. If I were to tweak anything, I would try to thicken the outlines for the pregnancy test a bit. It's lines are much thinner than the "durr" or the knife, so it always makes it feel a little out of place.

Bump for life imitating art. That's three teachers at the same school busted in less than a year. The first two were remanded with charges of witness intimidation added when they tried to contact the students. Another teacher popped for witness intimidation for outing one of the students in class. Then the infamous assembly where the the Plum PD chief threatened the student body with possible arrest if they talked about the case. :facepalm: