Halforums Academy 2 Story Commentary Thread

I've decided it's time to change the intro again, perhaps call this the start of "season 3." Problem is, AUGH doing all the tweening and keyframe definitions are so TEDIOUS. It'll look pretty cool when I'm done but AUGH I feel like I need some ritalin, I can't seem to work on it for more than a few minutes at a time without needing to alt tab >_<
Ahhhh, this takes me back to college. :)

Is there some way to copy and paste keyframes and effects between titles that I'm just missing out on? Because I've got about 25 things I want to do the exact same motion one after another.
Which edition are you using? I used to do things like that in After Effects and transfer it over to Premiere.

GasBandit

Staff member
Which edition are you using? I used to do things like that in After Effects and transfer it over to Premiere.
CC 7.2.1, I think, not 100% sure. I'll have to check when I get home tonight. I don't have AfterEffects. Maybe I should get it. Much like I used to be running up against the limitations of Windows Movie Maker, I'm starting to feel like maybe there's a better way to accomplish what I want to accomplish that Premiere simply isn't wired for.

GasBandit

Staff member
I got the new intro done. Was more of a hassle than I thought it would be, not just the actual setup (and I figured out how to copy timelines between elements, so that worked out), but there was a lot of dark-colors-on-black in it and I forgot how much of a bitch H.264 compression is about that sort of thing, making shit muddy and blocky. So I had to retool the compression a few times until it didn't look like ass.

Tomorrow (hopefully), work on the episode proper can begin! Depending on how my day job goes, I don't know if it will be done by sunday or not.

GasBandit

Staff member
Took me 2 days to video edit the morning period, due to a combination of personal stuff and straight up difficulty in putting together a cohesive narrative out of the chaos that apparently happens the day after a student is killed by a teacher. It's wrinkling my brain. But progress is coming, albeit slowly.

GasBandit

Staff member
Man, I keep working on the morning narration, but the Fade-specific music I've chosen is just too darn catchy, and I keep listening to it all the way through when I'm setting volume for the vox I just added.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh yeah, the school does need a new teacher. Well, the next teacher can't do any worse, can they?

...Right?
[DOUBLEPOST=1426637033,1426636985][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would say that's letting the inmates run the asylum, but we haven't had a teacher who hasn't been as bad as the rest of us (if not worse).
To be fair, Shego did a pretty good job of breaking up the PDAs, and half the time, the fights.

Suggestion: maybe taking notes as you're playing out each day? Get a script going already as you're playing out the day?

GasBandit

Staff member
I can't imagine who will be a more sinister teacher presence than Shego.
[DOUBLEPOST=1426738243,1426738107][/DOUBLEPOST]
Suggestion: maybe taking notes as you're playing out each day? Get a script going already as you're playing out the day?
Oh, coming up with what to say isn't the issue. I think it's that the scenes and the rate of time passage has to be "massaged" to fit the dialog as I go, so there's almost but not quite a second phase of video editing, plus sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 takes to get what I want to say to sound right, then I gotta run it through post processing to normalize the audio, trim it up, then move on. Every 10 seconds of audio takes minutes of work.

GasBandit

Staff member
I did get some video editing done today, but then I got caught up in collecting new music. And next thing I knew it's 3 am and tomorrow's gonna suck balls at work >_<

But I did find some pretty good music...

Well, it looks like a little murder can lead to a whole lot of hormones and cockblocking.

Hooray, things have mended between AnimeFilm and AnimeWasabi!