HalFitness

I've found a correlation between my eating habbits and work. Got stuck working on the weekend, I ate shit, lost a lot of progress. Writing this whole week off as getting back on track. Weighed in at 224.4 this morning.

I'm going to a final check in at the end of this month... not sure where I'm going to be on my goal spectrum either. Workouts have been insanely random lately and I haven't been eating as well as I should have. Young children sap your energy and turn schedules upside down (along with everything in the kitchen).

So yeah...I burp almost constantly. Should I eat more vegetables or will that do nothing?
Could be a stomach acid issue, or possibly GERD, along with a host of other possibilities. Not sure that veggies would necessarily help. Is there any burning in your stomach/esophagus to go along with the burping?

Could be a stomach acid issue, or possibly GERD, along with a host of other possibilities. Not sure that veggies would necessarily help. Is there any burning in your stomach/esophagus to go along with the burping?
No I just burp a lot, and it only really hurts if I hold in said gas. I do know that it gets worse if I haven't eaten much in a while so it may be a stomach acid issue. Also I don't seem to be farting as much as I should. Some days I don't fart at all, Its really weird.

To tell you the truth, if you're not experiencing stomach/throat burning... gas could be caused by damn near anything.

I am SO sorry I missed the weigh in. I just...took a hiatus at a bad time.

Don't give up lovlies!

If anyone is losing motiviation, I suggest changing up your routine. Bordom can equal zero motivation. So, just keep at it! We haven't been working this hard to slack off now. It's time to reinvigorate the desire and to keep going! Woot!

I did an "official" weigh-in the other day, after everything that's happened.

Measured at 245, 23% body fat.

Yeuch. I'd post pics, but still don't have any for September. Will have them for the October weigh-in.

I didn't get to work out as much this time as I'd have liked but I'm up another pound to 161 and not carrying it in my gut, which is nice.

I feel terrible I missed posting pictures, so as penance I'm posting pictures from when I finished my run - I look like death. I pretty nearly took this pictures moments after I had returned home. Although, it may just be as much punishment for you....

Behold, my sweat riddled body!

(sports bra = no bewbs..:()

Anyways, there you go! I'm actually quite excited because I looked at pictures of me from a year ago and I can see a difference. I know these past few months have really put me on the right track and I can't wait to keep at it, hopefully continuing to improve. As well as get results.

Also, everyone else is looking great!! Everyone is kind of pretty darn attractive, keep up all of the hard work, it's paying off.

Hugs all around!!

Man, I'm getting fat in my leave. Just not doing anything feeling all sorry for myself. Time to knock that shit off.

I'm with HowDroll! I'm a firm believer in never beating yourself up about this sort of thing - it discourages you from trying again, or to keep trying. Look at what you've done so far and strive to do better in the future.

And that goes for everyone here. Setting and attaining goals is great and quite wonderful, but if you fall short? So what. Make new goals and try again! Never give up. :)

I know... I just can't get on a regular schedule for working out and it drives me crazy. Oh well... I'll keep at it though... don't want to let my 1.5 months of hard work go to seed.

I really REALLY wish I could dedicate the time I need for some cardio training but it's hard enough getting to do the strength training I'm currently doing.

I still haven't even really started on the physical side of my goals, but I have been concentrating a lot on the mental and emotional sides. Our apartment is now a much, much more pleasant place to live, since we've done a massive deep-cleaning initiative and have sorted through a bunch of crap. Still have to actually take stuff down to the cars and take it off to be donated; but at least now it's in boxes and ready to go. I've also been working on one major step that will really help my ability to work out more frequently and will make it possible for me not to keel over after 10 minutes or so... quitting smoking. It's been a tough couple weeks, but it's getting better. It's definitely getting easier to get to sleep at night, though not as easy to get out of bed in the morning.

I have yet to weigh myself. I'm too afraid. My clothes are not baggy, but I am starting to see they aren't as tight in spots. I ran nearly a quarter mile without stopping - TWICE! I am happy though I wish I was able to run farther without stopping. My 5k is just over a month away!

I have yet to weigh myself. I'm too afraid. My clothes are not baggy, but I am starting to see they aren't as tight in spots. I ran nearly a quarter mile without stopping - TWICE! I am happy though I wish I was able to run farther without stopping. My 5k is just over a month away!

Keep it up... it's inspiring to see you constantly posting about your running improvments... :)

BananaHands

Staff member
Just wanted to touch on what everyone else is saying. You could be only half a step towards your goals, but progress is progress. Babysteps or not, you're getting better.

A friend of mine has been working really hard to lose weight and just found out he no longer needs his diabetes medication because of it. Just the look on his face when he told me about it was enough to see all those annoying trips to the gym and the times he had to force himself not to get fries were worth it.

Also, the more in shape you are - the more likely you are to survive a zombie apocalypse.

I made it up the 2 flights of stairs to my office this morning without being completely out of breath for the first time since we moved into this building. Apparently lungs really do prefer air over smoke.

Previous Stats (08/22):
Weight: 174.7 lb
BMI: 30.1
Body Fat: 38.6%

Stats as of 09/01:
Weight: 173.5 lb (-1.2 lb)
BMI:
29.6 (-.5, and moved from "obese" to "overweight")
Body Fat:
37.04% (-1.56%)

Stats as of 09/11:
Weight: 171.1lb (-3.6lb)
BMI: 29.2 (-.9)
Body Fat: 37.88% (-0.72%)

Stats as of 10/01:

Weight: 169.2lb (-5.5lb total)
BMI: 28.9 (-1.2 total)
Body Fat: 36.59% (-2.01% total)

Aaaand updated pictures, sweaty and gross from after derby practice:

Thoughts on the month:

Well, I didn't quite meet any of my initial goals. I lost 5.5 lbs, not 10, and I skated 24/25 laps at practice tonight (although I really think I would have gotten the full 25 if I didn't have a nasty wipeout halfway through.) I do feel, though, that I probably aimed too high at the beginning of the month -- something I'm going to correct for Halfitness round two. Losing about a pound a week is probably a more realistic, healthy goal, ESPECIALLY if you're doing as much strength training as I have been -- I can feel muscles where I've never felt muscles before, even when I weighed less, and if I'm building significant amounts of muscle it could be causing me to lose weight more slowly. I also saw pretty massive improvements in my strength training -- I didn't end up doing pushups like I had originally planned, but I increased the weight and number of reps on my entire strength routine (barbell squats 2 sets 45lb -> 3 sets 95 lb, lat pulldown 2 sets 45lb -> 3 sets 75lb, bench press 20lb -> 30lb, etc.)

My diet was overall pretty good, with a few major slip-ups, but I worked out at least 5 times per week for the entire month. I'm really proud of that.

I think the single biggest improvement you can see in the pictures is actually in the first one. I'm wearing the same bottoms in both, but the little shorts are hidden by fat in the first picture :( I definitely still have a long way to go, but some of my gross fat rolls are shrinking, so yay for that. I'm 4.2% smaller!

Here's to October. I think on November 1, I'm going to be able to see a pretty huge difference between round 1 and round 3 pictures.

Last edited:
Stats as of 10/01:

Weight: 169.2lb (-5.5lb total)
BMI: 28.9 (-1.2 total)
Body Fat: 36.59% (-2.01% total)

Thoughts on the month:

Well, I didn't quite meet any of my initial goals. I lost 5.5 lbs, not 10, and I skated 24/25 laps at practice tonight (although I really think I would have gotten the full 25 if I didn't have a nasty wipeout halfway through.) I do feel, though, that I probably aimed too high at the beginning of the month -- something I'm going to correct for Halfitness round two. Losing about a pound a week is probably a more realistic, healthy goal, ESPECIALLY if you're doing as much strength training as I have been -- I can feel muscles where I've never felt muscles before, even when I weighed less, and if I'm building significant amounts of muscle it could be causing me to lose weight more slowly. I also saw pretty massive improvements in my strength training -- I didn't end up doing pushups like I had originally planned, but I increased the weight and number of reps on my entire strength routine (barbell squats 2 sets 45lb -> 3 sets 95 lb, lat pulldown 2 sets 45lb -> 3 sets 75lb, bench press 20lb -> 30lb, etc.)

My diet was overall pretty good, with a few major slip-ups, but I worked out at least 5 times per week for the entire month. I'm really proud of that.

I think the single biggest improvement you can see in the pictures is actually in the first one. I'm wearing the same bottoms in both, but the little shorts are hidden by fat in the first picture :( I definitely still have a long way to go, but some of my gross fat rolls are shrinking, so yay for that. I'm 4.2% smaller!

Here's to October. I think on November 1, I'm going to be able to see a pretty huge difference between round 1 and round 3 pictures.
Can definitely notice a difference. Way to go! It's so much more fun to put on weight than to take it off.

Goals:
  1. To break under 220lbs (and hold it, currently at 228), or
  2. Fit back into size 34 pants. Not squeeze into, fit into, or
  3. ... (need to figure this one out, either going to be a workout goal or a BMI goal (since I am playing hockey), but I have no recent baselines)
  1. I can't seem to break below 220, I've been bouncing between 222 and 225 (usually below), with current weight at 224.2. However, there is good news about this...
  2. I'm wearing a new pair of 34 waist jeans (formerly 36). :D So while I haven't hit my weight goal, and am stuck on a plateau, I've been shedding something, now I just need a smaller belt (what a great problem to have)
  3. Still don't have a tape measure, myfitnesspal estimates 29.6 so no real gain there.
Overall I'm happy. Still eating better, skating more, and feeling fit.

Can you plateau at a certain level of working out/fitness? I know you can plateau in weight loss. I feel like my running is not improving much. I'm thinking of adding cross-training other than yoga and ab exercises, like crossfit circuits or something like that, to help condition my muscles better. Any thoughts?

Can you plateau at a certain level of working out/fitness? I know you can plateau in weight loss. I feel like my running is not improving much. I'm thinking of adding cross-training other than yoga and ab exercises, like crossfit circuits or something like that, to help condition my muscles better. Any thoughts?
Absolutely. Can always try running faster, farther, uphill, etc. as ways to break through the plateau. I know CrossFit is pretty big nowadays and the myriad of exercises they do seem to help combat that plateau.

Around here the big thing is Boot Camp. But there is no way I can afford $110 a month for 2 classes a week. I found some Cross Fit-like exercise routines on a few sites (aka free!), which is why I mentioned those routines. I do already go uphill for at least one interval because that's the way the road in our complex is built.
I want to be able to run faster and farther, but I feel like I'm stuck where I'm at as far as pace and distance. But I also think part of it is that I'm trying to push myself harder and I've set my expectations a little too high when it comes to how quickly I progress.