[Movies] Gremlins Reboot - Good idea or terrible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gremlins eating people is a TERRIBLE idea, it goes against the whole concept of the Gremlin myth... they're supposed to kill you by making stuff stop working or explode or electrocute you or something... but EATING you? Hell naw.

Really? Not that I don't believe you, but this is the first time I've heard of this. Do you have a link where I can read about it?
Here's one instance

From the article:

ante said, “Chris Columbus’ original script was definitely more of a horror film than what we developed Gremlins into. His original version had the monsters killing the dog and cutting off the mom’s head and tossing it down the stairs. We realized as we continued developing the project we needed to have a different tone.
Chris Colombus wrote the script as a horror movie. There was no "good Gremlin" Gizmo. Joe Dante and Steven Spielberg read it and told him they wanted something lighter. It's weird you've never heard of it; I'm pretty sure they talk about it on the DVD extras. But maybe not. The iconic scene difference is the Gremlins filling up a McDonalds, eating the customers. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where Critters 2 got the Hungry Heffer scene idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.