[TV] [Green] Arrow Trailer, Show coming this fall

Doesn't Slade count as a metahuman?
Eh, I don't really think so. He was souped up by Mirakuru for a while, but he's ultimately more of a skilled combatant who uses his intelligence for battle.

Deathbolt, on the other hand, is a guy who can channel and control plasma energy.

Eh, I don't really think so. He was souped up by Mirakuru for a while, but he's ultimately more of a skilled combatant who uses his intelligence for battle.

Deathbolt, on the other hand, is a guy who can channel and control plasma energy.
Well yeah. But the Mirakuru gave him super strength and healing. And what are MetaHumans but normal humans that have gotten their powers from when science gives normality a kick to the ass?

Well yeah. But the Mirakuru gave him super strength and healing. And what are MetaHumans but normal humans that have gotten their powers from when science gives normality a kick to the ass?
For one thing, I'm not even sure if Slade still has the Mirakuru. At this point, he may be back to being just a regular badass, rather than a super badass.

Also, I think this is just more in reference to the fact that most of the villains on Arrow have been more human. Even when they do have powers, it's more along the lines of increased strength. Here, we're talking a new villain for the show who can control plasma energy. That's definitely something a bit different than most of the villains in Arrow.

For one thing, I'm not even sure if Slade still has the Mirakuru. At this point, he may be back to being just a regular badass, rather than a super badass.

Also, I think this is just more in reference to the fact that most of the villains on Arrow have been more human. Even when they do have powers, it's more along the lines of increased strength. Here, we're talking a new villain for the show who can control plasma energy. That's definitely something a bit different than most of the villains in Arrow.
I'll give you that.

BananaHands

Staff member

If this goes well, maybe Laurel will get her scream soon.

News has broke that we're getting a new show added to the (what I'm calling for the moment) CW DC Universe. Not a lot has been said about the show yet, but it will be a team-up series. Brandon Routh and Victor Garber are both confirmed to be in it, basically confirming the Atom and Firestorm showing up, and three heroes who haven't been seen on TV before will be making their debuts on it. Honestly, details are really sparse, but perhaps this might be a CW DC take on the old "Brave and the Bold" comic series.

News has broke that we're getting a new show added to the (what I'm calling for the moment) CW DC Universe. Not a lot has been said about the show yet, but it will be a team-up series. Brandon Routh and Victor Garber are both confirmed to be in it, basically confirming the Atom and Firestorm showing up, and three heroes who haven't been seen on TV before will be making their debuts on it. Honestly, details are really sparse, but perhaps this might be a CW DC take on the old "Brave and the Bold" comic series.
And, oddly, Caity Lotz is attached to the project. (io9) Not a complaint, obviously -- it's just unexpected.

It's hitting its sophomore slump a year late. It hasn't been bad, there's been some great episodes even, but Flash has just been so good it kind of makes Arrow feel a little more ho hum.

Plus focusing on Laurel for so much of it hasn't helped at all.

fade

Staff member
Yeah, I marathoned 1 and 2. I have had little interest in 3. It just feels so unmotivated. I couldn't wait to see what happened with Brother Blood and Deathstroke, but then it seemed like the major plot had played out I guess.

I think the issue this season is that they're basically retelling a Batman story with Green Arrow inserted for Batman.

I did like the cute little Merlyn the Magician wink this season.

I'm still enjoying it, just not as much as the other two seasons.

Also.... so, the Atom is Iron Man?

I think the issue this season is that they're basically retelling a Batman story with Green Arrow inserted for Batman.

I did like the cute little Merlyn the Magician wink this season.

I'm still enjoying it, just not as much as the other two seasons.

Also.... so, the Atom is Iron Man?
They've been ripping off Batman for three seasons now, that's nothing new.

More news has come out about the DC anthology series. A character breakdown gave some descriptions of new heroes who will be appearing. I'll list the descriptions along with my predictions on who they might be.

The Traveler: “Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.”
My prediction: either Booster Gold or Rip Hunter.

Female Warrior: "This twentysomething Latina is pretty but unassuming, book smart and socially awkward by day. But by night, when she hears the cry of battle, her fury is ignited and she becomes a fierce warrior — so much so, that sometimes she can become a threat to others."
My prediction: Either Fury or Yolanda Mortez (granddaughter of Ted Grant, the original Wildcat).

Mystery Hero: “An African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.”
My prediction: Static.

fade

Staff member
How many times has a fake Arrow framed the real one by showing up in Starling and shooting some bad guys fatally?

Cap. Lance isn't exactly a great detective. I mean, doesn't he know that Roy, Felicity and Laurel are all connected to The Arrow and still has to be told that The Arrow is the one link between all these people?

So I can see how he would believe that the mayor was killed by The Arrow despite master archers being a dime a dozen.

Cap. Lance isn't exactly a great detective. I mean, doesn't he know that Roy, Felicity and Laurel are all connected to The Arrow and still has to be told that The Arrow is the one link between all these people?

So I can see how he would believe that the mayor was killed by The Arrow despite master archers being a dime a dozen.
Just wait until they meet the most sinister villain yet... THE BULLET!

Yeah, I marathoned 1 and 2. I have had little interest in 3. It just feels so unmotivated. I couldn't wait to see what happened with Brother Blood and Deathstroke, but then it seemed like the major plot had played out I guess.
This season started slow and meandering but after the Flash crossover I think it shook of the rust and has been going strong. This last episode is my favorite episode of the run bar none.

Watching the season finale and I actually have to pause it to come here and say this:

Dear Laurel,

thousands of lives are on the line. I mean that literally. Thousands of people are going to die tonight if you don't stop the big master plot. Consider that lots of people die once a year in this city already and consider that you have the power to stop this, but you have to move fast. The more time you take the less likely you will stop this thing and, as I've said before, thousands of people will die.

Shut the fuck up about your father drinking again. No one cares. This is something you can deal with later. I'm not sure why I have to explain this to you.

Your sister was better in every way,
---Phil.

PS

ARE YOU KIDDING ME SMOKE?! YOU WANNA TALK INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR THE THING TOO?

Fuck it. This city is full of idiots. Let 'em die.

edit
I really love this show but boy does it piss me off sometimes.

Last edited:

Cajungal

Staff member
Icky icky icky. Felicity and Oliver...it's like cousins kissing. I hate it. Hate it. Now that I know how the season ends (it's really hard for me to quit before a season ends), I might just be done. If those two are going to be pressing their faces together on the regular, I am all kinds of done.

Also, I'm glad Thea got better.

Last edited:
Icky icky icky. Felicity and Oliver...it's like cousins kissing. I hate it. Hate it. Now that I know how the season ends (it's really hard for me to quit before a season ends), I might just be done. If those two are going to be pressing their faces together on the regular, I am all kinds of done.

Also, I'm glad Thea got better.

Way to use spoiler tags there, girl :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry! Fixed.
Eh, I've still only seen the first season (nothing else has aired here) of Arrow and haven't seen any Flash yet, and I still come into these threads. I'm ok with spoilers here, but yours seemed like a somewhat serious spoiler for other people who mgiht be just one or two episodes behind as well ;)

BananaHands

Staff member
Arrow is garbage.

It's basically the Felicity Smoak show and her character has been reduced to someone who just cries constantly and detracts from every other character.

At least Laurel got better. So did Thea.

Still, probably going to drop this and just watch the occasional Flash / Legends of Tomorrow tie-ins.

fade

Staff member
Catching up on season 3 finally. The most irritating moment has to be in the Captain Boomerang episode. "Quick! I need lidocaine!" "Uh, we have epinephrine!" "Close enough!" What? In what way is a numbing agent close to adrenaline?