[TV] [Green] Arrow Trailer, Show coming this fall

Just finished season two! Man I like this show. There are certainly some CWy things that bring it down

1) Felicity almost exclusively wears designer dresses that are super tight fitting and with super short skirts which is weird considering what she actually does day to day.

2) The constant love triangles of ollie with Sara, laurel and then whoever the hell else they can get on the show.

3) Laurel could actually be a really good character who is strong in her own right. I mean she knows self defense, right? When the copy cat hoods killed the current mayor she took one of them down if even temporarily. I mean she's not on Ollie or Sara or even Diggle's level but she's got the basics. But even ignoring that she's a prosecuting attorney! She has legal smarts that the rest of the team doesn't have. She could bring a side of realism to the show by reminding them that the bad guys still have to be caught by the police or something or why they can't move on the big bad because they don't have the evidence or something.

4) Ollie just needs to come out and tell someone everything that happened on the island. I mean we constantly get scenes that basically play out as

Diggle: Ollie we need to do this thing!
Ollie: We can't do that thing!
Felicity: Why can't we bang I mean do that thing?!
Ollie: Because of something that happened on the island!
Phil: <sigh> can't we get another Deadshot episode?

No, but seriously I think this is a great show. I hate because I love. It's like when Lee Adama kept kinda switching sides in BSG. It was super annoying but hell if I wasn't going to watch because of a few dumb things.

Finished season 2. Was much better than the first season and overall I enjoyed the arc.

Laurel remains horrid.

figmentPez

Staff member
What is the record for the most number of times a female character has been fridged? I mean, Sara is up to what
three times now? If the league of assassins drops her into a Lazarus pit, she could easily hit four or more times...

What is the record for the most number of times a female character has been fridged? I mean, Sara is up to what
three times now? If the league of assassins drops her into a Lazarus pit, she could easily hit four or more times...
Technically, I think Sara has only been fridged twice. The freighter shouldn't count because we didn't see her "die" until after she came back.

figmentPez

Staff member
Technically, I think Sara has only been fridged twice. The freighter shouldn't count because we didn't see her "die" until after she came back.
Ollie was acting under the assumption that she was dead. She provided character motivation for the main male character because of her death. I think it counts.

Best moment of the episode. I guess they wanted to hold their own against Flash's holy shit moment this week.

fade

Staff member
Can someone PLEASE get Brandon Routh a bottle of Visine? I can't look at his red eyes without mine watering.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm a little behind. Just watching s3e04 now, "The Magician". One tiny little nitpick is driving me to distraction:

Yes, secret invisible ink that is only revealed by heat! An ancient art that is known only to the League of Assassins... and to third grade science classes.

Seriously, no one thought to check the carefully folded blank sheet of paper for hidden messages? No multispectral imaging? Nothing? Just thought it was blank, yeah...

fade

Staff member
Yeah, that bothered me, too. But on the grand scale of silly things this show has done, it was pretty low, so I let it slide personally.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'll let it drop, eventually, but I think it bugs me so much because it's a simple fix. A lot of the crazy stuff the show has done has been for the sake of the plot, or because it's a crazy world. This... this could have just been a vial of secret liquid revealing the message, instead of flame, and it would have been a real secret of the League, one that even confounded all the tech Felicity could throw at it.

BananaHands

Staff member
Is there no thread for The Flash yet?

There should be a thread for the Flash.

Or we should just change this thread to DCTV.

BECAUSE THE FLASH IS SO GOOD.

Campy, yes. But I love it and am so excited for
next week.

Is there no thread for The Flash yet?

There should be a thread for the Flash.

Or we should just change this thread to DCTV.

BECAUSE THE FLASH IS SO GOOD.

Campy, yes. But I love it
I've been really pleased by how The Flash has turned out. It feels like they've done a good job of embracing the characters and (no pun intended) running with it right out the gate, unlike Arrow which had a rough start but has gotten better.

Also, the crossover episodes they did with both shows did a nice job of playing off the differences between the two. Good work also on how they realized Captain Boomerang and Rainbow Raider (who's mainly known by the name of Roy G. Bivolo). Hell, I suppose it says something that they were even willing to throw in Rainbow Raider at all.

So, Ra's mentions he hasn't been challenged in 67 years, and then that ending happens...

Yeah, we're gonna get to see a Lazarus Pit soon...

I just saw the mid-season finale. After they killed Sara, and I was afraid something like this might happen.

They put Oliver in the fridge to further motivate the shows heroes, Felicity and Diggle.

Thanks for using the spoiler tags. I want to see the costume in-show.

Of course Yahoo keeps putting the ATOM article first on my news-feed.