Export thread

Google Play Music

GasBandit

GasBandit

So, are you like me, and have a whole library of music in Google Play Music? And some leftover credit because you get some for christmas every year?

Well, better spend that shit and back up your music library ASAP, because Google has decided to ax YET ANOTHER service that people use.

Apparently they think we would be better served by "Youtube Music."

Fuuuuuck that.

So yeah, anyway, download your libraries and find a new android player. Might I recommend Phonograph?

Dei

Dei

I mean, that was known months ago...

bhamv3

bhamv3

Dammit, Google Play Music was fine for my phone, why'd they have to mess with something that was working?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dammit, Google Play Music was fine for my phone, why'd they have to mess with something that was working?
Same reason they had to mess with google reader.
Same reason they had to mess with google inbox.
And the Nexus line of phones.
And Google Talk.

Basically they just hate us.

Frank

Frank

Big reason why literally no one took the Google Stadia seriously.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

of course the one service I subscribe to from google is the one they're gonna can.

Frank

Frank

I'm guessing they're axing Google Play for Youtube Music because if I'm not mistaken, Google Play pays more royalties to musicians than Youtube Music does.

Dave

Dave

DING DING! Who cares about the users? We have to save $0.001 per play!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I still have not gotten over Yahoo destroying MusicMatch when I paid for a lifetime subscription.

klew

klew

Aren't the Pixel A phones the Nexus phones with a different name?

MindDetective

MindDetective

I mean, that was known months ago...
That seems to be the case but it doesn't hurt to spread the word even now because this is the first time it came up on my radar.

figmentPez

figmentPez

First time I've heard of it, too.

Bones

Bones

they had warned us low key last year, this is just like google+ shutdown of the past but they are finally giving last call...

GasBandit

GasBandit

I still have not gotten over Yahoo destroying MusicMatch when I paid for a lifetime subscription.
*lights a candle for Launchcast*

Denbrought

Denbrought

As good a time as any for another periodic review of the Google Graveyard.

Dei

Dei

Speaking of RIP, I've been using Spark to replace Inbox, and it's still way better at mail sorting than Gmail. I don't even get how it's possible that GMail doesn't have literally the same sorting parameters as Inbox.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Looks like Google Sites is next.

We may just need a Google [Brazleton] thread at this point, cuz they show no signs of stopping.

--Patrick

MindDetective

MindDetective

Looks like Google Sites is next.

We may just need a Google [Brazleton] thread at this point, cuz they show no signs of stopping.

--Patrick
Just Classic Sites. There has been the option of using Classic or a newer (honestly, more streamlined) experience for a few years now.