Good Cosplay Thread - pt3 - The Pros of Cons

figmentPez

Staff member
An awesome cosplayer, who goes by Solo-Dono (or Solo_Grayson) has run into some financial trouble and is selling stuff to make some quick cash:
Crazy Solo's Anime Swag Sale Master Post
There's all sorts of figurines, keychains, plushes, DVDs and stuff there. Go check it out.

Here are some photos of Solo so you know just how awesome she is:

Karolina Dean - The Runaways

Sora and Kairi (w/CatalystSirene) - Kingdom Hearts

Marshall Lee and Fiona (w/ CourtoonXIII) - Adventure Time

Robin

So, go, check out the stuff she's selling and help her out. Make sure she keeps making awesome costumes!

L

LadyMegatron

Wow. Never thought I'd see my Lady Megatron (aka Meg, or Megara) in a list of good cosplays like this! Thanks so much, means a lot to me! I've got much better pictures of her though, my helmet looks weird in that one. That photo was from Baltimore ComicCon '10. And if you've seen the kid Starscream that was running there (or at other cons as well) that's my son. :)

Dave

Staff member
Sweet! We love amazing cosplay here and it's always good to see the actual players (or their sons!) comment.

My guess is either the following materials or a combonation of them: Wonderflex, Sculpy, craft foam, spray paint, possibly a bit of resin casting for the gems.

The effect is really impressive. Makes me feel kind of silly for making my armor bits out of 18 ga mild steel, though of course I plan on using that for more than just costuming.

H

Henchman 21

C2E2 - X-Men Costumes:

Kitty Pryde---------------------------------Emma Frost, Gambit----------Jean Grey, Cyclops​

Wolverine---------------------------Phoenix, Dark Phoenix---------------Chamber​
Wolverine, X-23---------------------Bishop--------------Deadpool, Cable​

Wow, the head appliance on that Samara is almost seamless. Very impressive. That honestly looks filmable.

The Baraggan is pretty cool too, though the crown is oddly kind of cheap looking compared to how much effort went into the rest of the costume.

pretty sure, the woman doing samara, thats the actual voice actress and face model, if it is her, thats a pro job on everything.

pretty sure, the woman doing samara, thats the actual voice actress and face model, if it is her, thats a pro job on everything.
If that's true, that's doubly cool. And makes one hunger for a live action TV series set in the ME universe.

That picture is way better than the one in the Marvel thread. I didn't realize the daggers actually lit up. That is cool beans.

Then again, I've always loved Cloak and Dagger. I never understood why they weren't more popular.