Good Cosplay Thread - pt3 - The Pros of Cons

I can also tell you that it was more likely than not made out of 'lion board', which is a material that many Japanese cosplayers use to make armor/props. And looks completely amazing, without the weight hassle.

Dave

Staff member
And a lot of borderline NSFW stuff. No nudity, but provocative poses by half-dressed Japanese women. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just beware of clicking it if you are in a sensitive place.

The dog mask really is all up to you and what you want. It would bother me and get in the way at a con. I'd probably have it for photoshoots, but not wear it elsewhere.

Navy costumes? As in like The Navy, or the color navy...?

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but you're talking about Dress Blues right? I've never actually seen them being sold as a costume....Unless, you know, you're lookin' for a sexy sailor outfit - I've seen those a plenty.

I don't think I want to go as a sexy Garp. I have the horrifying feeling that to many people dress like that all-ready. Alsoc from looking at Garp's clothes, I'd just need a white suit and the navy jacket. This is the character by the way.

Attachments

Oh, lovely. Wow, that would be an intense rule 63.....

Do you want to make this puppy yourself or purchase it? You can buy the whole outfit on ebay fro $130.

I want to say yes, but in all reality, I'm not sure.

When all is said and done it might end up being about the same. I mean, just the fabric for the suit and trenchie-ish coat alone would be about $50. Then there's buying patterns, and the baubles for the shoulder and cuffs. Shoes, a wig. The navy shirt/tie.

Wish I could be of more help to you. I'll do my best to answer any questions that you do have though. (Although, any deeper discussion should probably head on over to the 'All Things Convention and Cosplay' thread.)