Good Cosplay Thread - pt3 - The Pros of Cons

R

RagnaroksRaven

in post #1163 Kingdom hearts on pg. 34 isn't that Terra's armor from birth by sleep in the last pic

figmentPez

Staff member
Thanks for the identfication Chyanime, I've updated the label.

Here's the first batch of:

Unidentified Cosplay 1 of ?

We'll start out with some I nearly identified, but just didn't want to spend any more time tracking down. I know this group is from a video game, but I can't remember if it's Dynasty Warriors or a fighting game or what. (Pet Peeve: photoshoots with dozens of shots that label the cosplayers, and even tag the camera they were taken with, but don't mention the characters being cosplayed)

Group Shot - identified by General Specific as Xing Cai, Zhou Tai, Lu Xun (probably), Cao Pi and Sun Shang Xiang from Dynasty Warriors.

Red & Black Armor - Zhou Tai

Spear & Shield - Xing Cai

Same character, different cosplayer - Xing Cai

Dragoon and White Mage? - identified by AshburnerX as likely being from Final Fantasy 11 or 14

Yes, these are all Dynasty Warriors Characters. Some are better than others. i believe, from left to right, they are:
Xing Cai (fictional daughter of Zhang Fei and Yue Ying's sister), Zhou Tai, probably Lu Xun but not sure, Cao Pi, Sun Shang Xiang

Zhou Tai

Both Xing Cai

These two I am not sure. I don't recognize either, so they could easily be from the other game.

C

Chyanime

Unidentified Cosplay 12 of 15

Cruella De Vil? and Flame Dress
No way :wtf: I think....I think that's the villainess from Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events....In the 11th book, Olaf's girlfriend has a dress made to look like flames since they're such big arsonist...

I guess these two are Fashionable Villains

Ok, sorry to go through and help identify first before identifiying mysels :D
I'm Chyanime and I'm new to cosplaying. i've actually just learned to sew this year and my roommate is 'educating' me in 'proper games and anime' but most of my friends are cosplayers. And since we're art majors, we are VERY detail oriented=great costumes. As soon as one of our members sends me the pics from our last con, I'll put them up ^.^

figmentPez

Staff member
Whoa. Sith ewok. :confused:
I know, I find the coolest/strangest/wildest stuff while looking through photos.

Thanks to everyone for the continued identifications, I'll try and get older posts updated soon.

Unidentified Cosplay 2 of ?

Red Shield Blue Blade - identified by TaiBlaine as a gamer with divided loyalties, the sword is Alliance and the shield is Horde from World of Warcraft.

Red Banner - identified by General Specific and drifter as Yoshimitsu's alternate costume from Soul Calibur III

Red Armor Yellow Bodypaint - identified by AshburnerX as BlackRose from .hack

Stone Soldier - identified by coolsteel as Tessai from Ninja Scroll

Robot Soldier - identified by AshburnerX and Silver Jelly as a Tau Firewarrior from Warhammer 40k

Lich but not the Lich King?

Blue and Red Swords - Definitely Dante from Devil May Cry 3, using Indra and Rudra.

Duct-tape Axes- An Ork from Warhammer. Probably a Black Orc.

Mummy Ninja - Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin

Purple Necromancer - I think it's a Magus from Warhammer.

figmentPez

Staff member
Blue Space-Soldier - That is THE WORST Eldar costume I have ever seen.
Wait, you mean that's supposed to be something from Warhammer 40k? I was thinking it was a Silver Age alien guard from Marvel or DC. If that were some obscure alien footsoldier who fought the X-men once, it'd be an awesome costume. For Warhammer 40k, you're right, it stinks.