Good Cosplay Thread - pt3 - The Pros of Cons

Was waiting to see if they'd turn up here. (My friend's very active online and her stuff tends to get around. Figured it might make it's way here... happened once before) Some of my friends cosplayed as TF2 characters to school in 2011. No reason behind it, they just decided to do it. The girl taking the pictures actually cosplayed as a Scout, but no pictures of her. They tried to get me to cosplay as the engineer, but I didn't have the funds to put together a costume.

figmentPez

Staff member
It's no secret that I'm a CourtoonXIII fanboy. She's taking part in a cosplay contest and has made it to the Otaku House Competition Finals. Here is why you should vote for her, in her own words:

CourtoonXIII on Tumblr said:
I’m so thrilled to be in the finals for the Otaku House competition for North America!!
It’s almost the end of the competition and I would like to share my entry with you guys…

I’m not the best costumer, and I’m not even close to being the most skilled cosplayer in the finals. When it comes to cosplay, I always tried to be a role model for people just starting to get in the hobby. Even when you are frustrated or down about your skill level there is always a way to improve, and you will always get better even if it takes awhile.
When I didn’t know who I wanted to be in life, cosplay and the friends I’ve made through it got me out of some really dark times. Since then, I’ve been trying to express my love for cosplay in a positive way, while giving people just like me some guidance.

Though it sounds silly to why dressing up like fictional characters has changed my life… it really has. I’m much happier then I could ever imagine! So I would appreciate the vote for this competition if you have the chance!

Just click the link and “like” the photos on the page, you can vote up to four times! It would mean the world to me, and you can vote for many different cosplayers so that’s the fun of it! Go check them all out!
And a sample of how cute she is in costume:

Not only is she an absolutely beautiful young woman, but she's also a real sweetheart who genuinely cares about others. She definitely succeeds at being a role model for the cosplay community, and I think she exemplifies the ideals of cosplay being a fun hobby for everyone to express their fandom through. So, if you would take the time to vote for her, that would mean a lot to me.

Saw this over at RPGnet.

b4hZCCQ1qcp80.jpg

When I was looking at it, I was couldn't figure out who the guy in the middle was supposed to be. All the rest are supposed to be Disney movie villains, so why was there a hunter there too? Then I realized he's supposed to be the guy who shot Bambi's mom and started laughing like a little girl.

OK, so we've got from left to right Malificent from Sleeping Beauty, Tia Dalma/Calypso from Pirates of the Caribbean, The Shadow Man(Dr. Facilier) from The Princess and the Frog, Scar from the Lion King (hiding in the back there), The Wicked Queen from Snow White, The Horned King from The Black Cauldron, Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, Jafar from Aladdin, Izma from How The Emperor's New Groove, and as pointed out, The hunter who killed Bambi's mom.

Needs more Ursala!

Saw this over at RPGnet.

View attachment 9197

When I was looking at it, I was couldn't figure out who the guy in the middle was supposed to be. All the rest are supposed to be Disney movie villains, so why was there a hunter there too? Then I realized he's supposed to be the guy who shot Bambi's mom and started laughing like a little girl.
cQxGg.png

Also, spotted this one.

Tardis dress:
tardis.jpg

It's even bigger on the inside!
tardisopen.jpg

(click on either image to go right to the respective flickr page)

--Patrick

My photos from Sunday's Big Wow Comicfest in San Jose. The costume contest was on Saturday, so there were likely more costumes around. Spoilered for 17 photos.

Las Vegas Power Girl and I Heart Nerd Girls booths

Casey Jones

Loki and Black Widow

Huntress?

Ms. Marvel

unknown

Boba Kill Bill vs Boba Wolverine

unknown

Indiana Jones?

Bay Area/Sacramento Ghostbusters

Bioshock Infinite's Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth

Captain America

Alien

Bane, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy (Tallest Silver), Catwoman (Belle Chere)

Belle Chere as Jim Balent-Catwoman (that's not me with her)

Tallest Silver as Poison Ivy