Good Cosplay Thread - pt3 - The Pros of Cons

figmentPez

Staff member
Loving the updates. I don't think we have many of those around here, or have people that actively cosplay. :/
It's still something I want to do some day though.
I've been amazed at how many different countries I've seen cosplay from. I found quite a few from Spanish-speaking, I think, countries this week. Apparently "cosplay" is a pretty universal term now, even for non-English postings on Flickr. (Is it rude to comment on a picture in a different language? I could identify a character the photographer couldn't.)

Video Games 4 of 33
Legend of Zelda

Link

Zelda and Link

Link

Link in Magic Armor

Link in Magic Armor

Link vs Vaati

The Piranha Plant up there has a name, had to wiki him. It's Petey Piranha from Mario Sunshine.

Edit: Before someone snags me on it, he's appeared in a ton of stuff since then, too.

figmentPez

Staff member
Video Games 16 of 33
Final Fantasy

Barret - FF7

Cid - FF7

Rinoa - FF8

Rinoa

Seifer - FF8

Zidane - FF9

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I have to say that Vampirella costume is not one of Belle Chere's best.
I agree, she looks better in other costumes. However, it does look like the costume was wearing out, and the tape coming unstuck. It might have looked better fresh out the door.

Meh, any skin imperfections that show themselves that close up don't really bother me. One thing I did notice though is that in those two pictures it just doesn't look like she's enjoying the costume very much. In her other costumes, like her Power Girl one, it looks like she's having a really good time. To me the Vampirella costume isn't showing that and I think that might be part of why I don't like it.

C

coolsteel

Meh, any skin imperfections that show themselves that close up don't really bother me. One thing I did notice though is that in those two pictures it just doesn't look like she's enjoying the costume very much. In her other costumes, like her Power Girl one, it looks like she's having a really good time. To me the Vampirella costume isn't showing that and I think that might be part of why I don't like it.

Could just be a bad moment though, i've seen pics of her Lady Death outfit where she looks like she is loving every second of it and others where she looks miserable. Thinking about it a little more she probably can't move too much in that get up without that tape failing so that might contribute to that look on her face.

Maybe. Perhaps if I saw a picture taken either earlier in the day or where she looks like she's enjoying herself more my opinion would change.

figmentPez

Staff member
Maybe. Perhaps if I saw a picture taken either earlier in the day or where she looks like she's enjoying herself more my opinion would change.
I'll keep my eye out (not that I wouldn't anyway). I've only sifted through up to Saturday on Flickr. I expect Sunday and Monday to be huge floods of pics (I hope I can get around Flickr's broken search engine). I did see some pics of an excellent Vampirella cosplay, though:

Vampirella played by occasional Halforums poster Panda.

unknown, Vampirella

Anyone know who the guy is?

Am confused by Etna... she is projecting less lolicon and more sexy/sultry... which is a bit disturbing for the character...

Good costume, though!