Good Cosplay Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

figmentPez

Staff member
MindDetective said:
I gotta say I interpreted that as a fire-form Phoenix. Probably way off, though.
I found more pics of the gal, and from a photographer who was smart enough to ask her, but not enough to remember all the details.
"She said that she was a Hawaiian volcano goddess. I can't remember the name."
Amazing costume. These pics must be from later in the day, as you can see the body paint is starting to get a little worn, but it really is some great artwork.

Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3

When I take the photo into photoshop and look at it with the eyedropper it sure as hell ain't grey/black and/or blue like most Batman costumes. Overall, dude looks purple-ey.

And my monitor is calibrated to do color work so I feel reasonably safe it's pretty spot on. :tongue:

figmentPez

Staff member
Espy said:
And my monitor is calibrated to do color work so I feel reasonably safe it's pretty spot on. :tongue:
Hmm, my monitor must be wrong then, because it looks blue-gray to me.

-- Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:14 pm --

I'm going to start posting medium size pictures instead of large. The first page of this thread started taking pretty long to load. I'll still link to the source, though. In case anyone wants a better look.

Now for some unusual cosplay:

Mr. Sinister, suicidal lady Deadpool and Nikki (?) Fury

Female Captain America, Pic 2, Third, unposted, pic

Uh... a violin? Is this from some game I haven't played?

P

Philosopher B.

Aw yeah, nice Zapp. :thumbsup: Love the addition of the Nibbler doll in the other pic, too.

figmentPez

Staff member
TF2 Medic

Sally from "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

(She gets a large size pic for an extra great costume... and red hair.)

Pan from Dragonball GT

Kaylee from Firefly/Serenity

-- Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:25 pm --

Cog said:
Even I know who the violin lady is. You should be ashamed (but not much).
Okay, but I'm not ashamed yet because I still don't know who she is.

The girl from FigmentPez's post is Magma, one of the New Mutants. She was created for the X-Men Legends game, found her way to the X-Men Evolution TV show, and then went on to the comics. I don't know if she made it through M-Day or not though.

AshburnerX said:
The girl from FigmentPez's post is Magma, one of the New Mutants. She was created for the X-Men Legends game, found her way to the X-Men Evolution TV show, and then went on to the comics. I don't know if she made it through M-Day or not though.
God I hope you're joking. It's possible she's dressed as Magma, but apparently you don't know anything about the character.

She was a member of the New Mutants in the comic book years ago. She most certainly wasn't created for X-men Legends.

A

Alex B.

One day I'll make the pilgrimage to SDCC. It kind of scares me, but I feel like I should.

That female Cap is a total cutie.

Bowielee said:
AshburnerX said:
God I hope you're joking. It's possible she's dressed as Magma, but apparently you don't know anything about the character.

She was a member of the New Mutants in the comic book years ago. She most certainly wasn't created for X-men Legends.
*looks at Wikipedia* Hmm, your right. I need to yell at somebody for filling my head with DAMNED LIES.

Mad Mod

Jigen, Lupin III

Bizarro

Black Mask, Joker, Harley Quinn (in more of a nurse's style outfit), Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Two-Face

Green Arrow, Black Canary

figmentPez

Staff member
I know this is supposed to be good cosplay, but just one bad example. Someone cosplayed Carrot Top at the San Diego Comic Con. Just look at how awful it is. The mask is all stretched out and makes the head disproportionate from the body and it looks like they just tossed on whatever t-shirt smelled the least, and.... Oh, that's really him.

Okay, back to the good stuff
Captain Jack Sparrow and Slave Leia, seriously, how can you not love the juxtaposition of these two characters? What an awesome pose.

WinRAR ( :bush: Who cosplays as utility software?)

Girl Genius I think. I don't read the comic.

Nope, not gonna name him (Great expression and fanwear on the captured redhead, though.)

Now, look. I figured out WinRAR, and I'm pretty sure I got Girl Genius correct. I'm not going to let you goad me into saying his name just because you think I couldn't identify Candlejack. I think everyone on these forums is very familiar with that running ga

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTJEeszxLvo:34o9pbsm][/youtube:34o9pbsm]

And the girl from Girl Genius is Agatha Heterodyne.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Those Cowboy Bebop cosplays are pretty kickass, but holy shit! The people wearing them are the scariest, seediest bunch of people I've ever seen! They're like the CB's cast's evil twins. The Spike looks like he beats women and does coke on a regular basis, and the Faye looks like she is beaten by a guy who does coke on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.