Given the Choice, Will You Work on Your Birthday?

Given the choice, will you work on your birthday?

• Yes

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
x^x indicates that both the base and the exponent are the same number (otherwise it would have been x^y). 3^3 is 27. 4^4 is 256.
That's what I was getting at, under the impression he turned 25, hence my assumption of 5^5, and him being wrong to say x^x but now that I think about it, maybe I just invented 25, and he did turn 27. In which case... nvm

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

There was a girl in high school that gave me her phone number in the form of two exponents.

Never did call her.

There was a girl in high school that gave me her phone number in the form of two exponents.

Never did call her.
I definitely would have.[DOUBLEPOST=1374537037][/DOUBLEPOST]I mean, that's fantastic. It's clever, it took a little effort, and luck, you can't get every number through exponents... Man. That's great. I hope she still does that.

I'd rather not work on my birthday, but I wouldn't go through the effort to take the day off. Especially since none of my friends would be off anyways so I would just be alone.

No, that was not... it was me not knowing how old you are, so I assumed you didn't know how to do math, not that you didn't know how old you were. I know that's.... also not nice, but it is morelikely than you not knowing your own age

Don't worry Chad, I didn't know how old he was either, and since 25 had just been mentioned in this thread as "the last important one", I assumed he meant 25 as well - and that he was mistaken. Turns out we were, for assuming this and that, but no matter. We all still love one another, right?

Don't worry Chad, I didn't know how old he was either, and since 25 had just been mentioned in this thread as "the last important one", I assumed he meant 25 as well - and that he was mistaken. Turns out we were, for assuming this and that, but no matter. We all still love one another, right?
I'll never love again...

Yeah I also love that Chad Sexington 's explanation includes me not knowing how old I am. :)
Last thursday our trainer announced that he was quitting. He had a lot of trouble with recurring injuries and said he was basically becoming too old to teach us anymore, turning 46 this year. His girfriend who was also there corrected him, since it was 45...

So yeah, if I ever reach that point in my life when I really don't know how old I am anymore, it's probably time to stop celebrating it :)

So yeah, if I ever reach that point in my life when I really don't know how old I am anymore, it's probably time to stop celebrating it :)
I have literally had to subtract the current year from my birth year to remember how old I am sometimes.

I voted no, because I try to take the day (or couple of days) off to avoid the "Surprise! Here's a cake!" crap. I don't eat sweets, and honestly I get really tired of telling people that I don't eat them.

fade

Staff member
Geez, what a depressing thread. Everyone hates their birthday here and only celebrates it for the sake of other people. I like my birthday. I like to think I'll still like it when I'm 103. So hell yeah, given the chance, I'll take it off.

fade said:
Geez, what a depressing thread. Everyone hates their birthday here and only celebrates it for the sake of other people. I like my birthday. I like to think I'll still like it when I'm 103. So hell yeah, given the chance, I'll take it off.
I don't hate my birthday, but I also don't have a job, and the only thing I do that even resembles work is sewing, which I find fun, sooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.