Export thread

Girl Genius General Purpose Thread

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

You can post updates and talk about the webcomic Girl Genius here.

Hylian

Hylian

The person in today's GG reminds me of a certain person we saw in a flashback earlier in the story. First panel middle person.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20050928

Dieb

Dieb

You're right, that does look like one of the Storm King's muses. If those muses are related to the Greek myth muses, I'm not sure which one would have wings, though.

Shawn

Shawn

That's an interesting catch. I would never have thought of that. Would totally make sense. Question now is what is it doing being held captive underneath castle Hetrodyne and what was Lucrezia doing with it down there?

Iaculus

Answer to both questions: nothing good.

Hylian

Hylian

So is Otilia damaged so that she does not recognize Tarvek's authority? Or do you think maybe Tarvek's lineage to the Storm King isn't quite as strong as he believes. Of course it maybe something else entirely else is going on at the moment. Like maybe Otilia knows that Tarvek was killed and revived and so she no longer recognizes him as a true descendant to the Storm King.

Zumbo Prime

Oooohhhh, it's a webcomic.

I was gonna say, title was an oxymoron....

Veteran

At first I thought she might be the person in the time window from right at the start, but the hair doesn't match up.

Iaculus

At first I thought she might be the person in the time window from right at the start, but the hair doesn't match up.
I have a suspicion that that's going to end up being an upgraded version of the Lucrezia-posessed Clank that escaped Sturmhalten. Would certainly add up - if anyone has the tech to make those time-windows work, it's the freakin' Other.

Soliloquy

*image snipped*

So is Otilia damaged so that she does not recognize Tarvek's authority? Or do you think maybe Tarvek's lineage to the Storm King isn't quite as strong as he believes. Of course it maybe something else entirely else is going on at the moment. Like maybe Otilia knows that Tarvek was killed and revived and so she no longer recognizes him as a true descendant to the Storm King.

Ooh... I didn't think of that last one. That makes the most sense, actually. And it'd really fit in with Foglio's style of writing, which could be described as Chekhov's Armory.
(WARNING! TV TROPES!)

I have a suspicion that that's going to end up being an upgraded version of the Lucrezia-posessed Clank that escaped Sturmhalten. Would certainly add up - if anyone has the tech to make those time-windows work, it's the freakin' Other.
[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if the time window has anything to do with the time-travel device built by future Tarvek as mentioned in Othar's (apparently Canon) Twitter.

Hylian

Hylian

So do you think Tarvek has received any special tinkering to give him his strength or do you think it could be a side effect of the recent reviving process. Of course Gil has showed amazing strength on several occasions but I always chalked those up to Klaus's tinkering/ the battle draught he had. Of course I suppose Lucreazia/the Other could have gotten some of the Jäger secrets and given them to her/its pawns.

Soliloquy

So do you think Tarvek has received any special tinkering to give him his strength or do you think it could be a side effect of the recent reviving process. Of course Gil has showed amazing strength on several occasions but I always chalked those up to Klaus's tinkering/ the battle draught he had. Of course I suppose Lucreazia/the Other could have gotten some of the Jäger secrets and given them to her/its pawns.
Well, maybe it was the fact that Tarvek was hooked up to Gil while he was under the effects of battle draught.

Wahad

Wahad

I'm inclined to go with Soliloquy on this one, especially considering the page where Violetta and Moloch pump some extra power from Gil onto Tarvek's circuit and he hulks out of the system all cured. It'll fade a bit in time, probably, but Tarvek probably is stronger than an average peon to begin with. I'm sure he's had some exercise while fighting rogue inventions of his/possible fighting trainer clanks. Probably not as strong as Gil, as Klaus is pretty much one of the top sparks and what he can do to Gil can be matched by almost nobody else - definitely not by Aaronev, but still strong.

Hylian

Hylian

Darn and Moloch was doing such a good job as a minion and now he went and ruined some of his credibility. Of course I guess every minion makes mistakes every now and than.

Dusty668

It's part of the Minion code, also he actually made bonus points for doing it in a "Dramatically Tense Timing Frame" AKA Worst Possible Time. He's got potential he's definitely a minion to watch!

Hylian

Hylian

Well this is a bit of a shocker. I wonder if she was reprogrammed by someone. Or maybe Van Rijn made her special. Of course another possibility is that Lucreazia/The Other tried to perform a mind swap on Otilia and it only worked partly. Thus leaving her with two personalities. But based on the fact that she fights better than she was supposed to I would wager more on her being remade by someone.

Hylian

Hylian

So do you think the castle dumped it's mind into Otilia at the last second or do you think that Otilia could have been the original mind for the castle? Of course there could be a thousand and one different possibilities. So what are your thoughts?

Soliloquy

So do you think the castle dumped it's mind into Otilia at the last second or do you think that Otilia could have been the original mind for the castle? Of course there could be a thousand and one different possibilities. So what are your thoughts?
Looking into it, I think Otilia probably was the original castle

After all, Otilia was missing for over 200 years, and according the the unofficial Chronology, the castle may have become self-aware around that time.

Hylian

Hylian

I just had a weird idea. What if Otilia/Castles A.I touches Tarvek while he is linked. Will Agatha/Gil/Tarvek now have to deal with being inside Otilia or will they have to contend with the castle being in their mind like Agatha has Lucrezia/The Other in her mind. Of course an interesting point to ponder is when Otilia/The Castle said that Agatha hadn't been deemed a true Heterodyne heir. Now does that mean that Otilia/The Castle was just pretending for awhile or can it be that this has been a previously dormant personality of the castle? Or maybe this could be the crazy castle personality we were warned of earlier.

Hylian

Hylian

yaaaay!

Zeetha to the rescue!

Dusty668

Yay Zeetha! And Boot to da head in flapping skirts!

Hylian

Hylian

below is Friday's (2/12/10) comic do not read on unless you do not mind reading it early.

It feels good to have most of the gang back together. Of course we still need the Jäger's to show up to make it a real reunion.

Soliloquy

New Comic!

Oh, man, I'd forgotten about Crewman Higgs. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Dusty668

Looks like Higgs might need a second bowlful there.

Soliloquy

Honestly, I have utmost faith that Higgs will be able to handle this.

Shawn

Shawn

Honestly, I have utmost faith that Higgs will be able to handle this.
Gonna have to agree. He's willingly gone to a bar full of Jagers during their scheduled brawl.

Wahad

Wahad

Theo you are such a dolt. Have you never learned not to mess with people strapped into the big sparky machine?

Dusty668

I don't doubt he can handle it, I just think he may need a fresh pipe on the way.

Hylian

Hylian

Well Higg's has managed to go up a few more notches in pure awesomeness. But I am definitely starting to wonder more and more if Higg's has any special modifications done to him.

Soliloquy

Well Higg's has managed to go up a few more notches in pure awesomeness. But I am definitely starting to wonder more and more if Higg's has any special modifications done to him.
There's definitely something odd going on with him. Of course, we knew that after seeing that he had completely recovered from two broken arms, a broken leg, and a bullet wound within a matter of days.

Somehow I doubt it's any kind of Spark-related modifications, though. The guy's far too even-keeled for me to think he has anything to do with Sparks.

That said, I think Higgs is well on his way to replacing Othar as my favorite minor character.

Soliloquy

Hmm... I just took a look through the archives, and now I'm pretty much convinced that Otilia is the original source of Castle Heterodyne's sentience.

There's a pretty strong hint on this page that the castle became sentient in 1677, and the events of the comic are thought to take place around 1892-1894 -- about 215 years after the castle's sentience. This fits in quite well with Otillia having been missing for over 200 years.

Man, I feel like such a nerd.

Shawn

Shawn

Hmm... I just took a look through the archives, and now I'm pretty much convinced that Otilia is the original source of Castle Heterodyne's sentience.

There's a pretty strong hint on this page that the castle became sentient in 1677, and the events of the comic are thought to take place around 1892-1894 -- about 215 years after the castle's sentience. This fits in quite well with Otillia having been missing for over 200 years.

Man, I feel like such a nerd.
This is totally a possibility. But still we don't know what the connection between Lucrecia and Otillia are, or if Otillia is actually herself or the Castle's AI simply using her body as a vessel? Otillia doesn't seem to remember much about being the castle, otherwise she'd surely recognize Agatha and her claim as the Hetrodyne heir. But what does she have against Lucrecia? Lucrecia couldn't have been the one to put her down there, so that means she must have found Otillia at some point during her relationship with Bill and did something to it. It's possible this has something to do with the Hetrodyne Boys tale about the Dragon of Mars that was down in the castle's underbelly, which also involved Lucrecia's father.

Hylian

Hylian

I have been wondering if Otilia could have been used as an amergency backup for the castle in case of a major malfunction. And if the Main Castles A.I. was damaged and it hadn't been able to perform a backup in awhile that would explain the lapse in memory for Otillia.

Soliloquy

But what does she have against Lucrecia?.
Well, Lucrezia did destroy the castle, kill Klaus Barry Heterodyne, and then set off on a worldwide rampage.

I'd say that's plenty of reason for the castle to be angry at Lucrezia. And Otilia is claiming to be the castle, so that's that.

Dusty668

Our Bosun Higgs, he seems to have information he want's kept on the QT. Very.

Veteran

So now we can ponder as to who Higgs really is! Agatha's brother?

Dusty668

I'd say he's most likely a construct like her foundling "parents" Punch and Judy AKA Adam and Lilith Clay.

Soliloquy

His facial structure certainly looks similar to Klaus' in these most recent panels. Nose is different, though.

I'm starting to wonder if DuPree's violent reaction to Higgs has anything to do with this.

Shawn

Shawn

It took me a moment to figure out what was going on here, but when I did I laughed. Hard.

Hylian

Hylian

For me I feel the "mistress" line from Snaug practically seals her status as a revenant . If your remember Mr. Rovainen. When Agatha yelled at him and accidentally gave him an order he replied with "yes mistress" just like Snaug did just now.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20040310

Shawn

Shawn

Reminds me of how much better I liked the coloring and how much more attractive Agatha was in earlier pages. Less muscular.

Soliloquy

Well, all that training with Zeetha has got to show some results on her physique, no?

Veteran

Definitely a revenant, although I've completely forgotten who Snaug is!

Hylian

Hylian

It amazes me how Violetta can be so good and so bad at the same time. But at least she hopefully learned not to underestimate Zeetha's skills.

Dusty668

Panel 8: "We have Liftoff!!!"

Hylian

Hylian

Aaaaaah!

Curse these weekend cliffhangers!

Hylian

Hylian

I wonder if Agatha's feelings for Gill will allow her mentally fight back against the Other that way Zeetha or Violetta would have an opportunity to put the locket back on.

Hylian

Hylian

oh yeah I so called it

Shawn

Shawn

Good call.

Hylian

Hylian

3/12/10 Fridays comic

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1512/ggmain20100312b.jpg

I love the look on Gil's face

3/15/10 Mondays comic

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/34/ggmain20100315b.jpg

I was wondering when he would show up

Shawn

Shawn

I haven't read that many new comics in a row since I first started reading the series.

... now I have to wait til next Wednesday for the next one. :(

Hylian

Hylian

okay I must admit I did not see that coming.

Shawn

Shawn

I don't think anyone could have. Totally out of left field.

Hylian

Hylian

Of course the question still remains on whether she is a full blooded sibling, half sibling, step sibling, or adopted sibling. Not to mention we have to wonder why she is in the castle in the first place and why Tiktoffen referred to her last name as Wilhelm. Is that the name she gave them when she arrived? Is that really her last name? Or is that one of her aliases?

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070727

Shawn

Shawn

That could be the first name she gave them.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's likely an alias, so she wouldn't get curbstomped by the rest of the inmates.

Hylian

Hylian

I wonder if Wilhelm Diamant knows anything about why Sanaa is in the castle. Also I wonder of Sanaa killed that guy or just beat the crap out of him? The *snap* sound and the comment about "dibs on his boots!" makes me wonder.

Dieb

Dieb

Before that one convict said "dibs on his boots", he did an extremely abbriviated version of the last rites, so I'm going to go with yes, that kick snapped the guy's neck.

Hylian

Hylian

I am definitely leaning towards him being dead but I am guessing that the fellow inmates are not doctors so they could be assuming/hoping. But in any case it's not like death is a permanent situation in the GG universe :)

Hylian

Hylian

Well today's comic certainly answered quite a few questions I had about Sanaa's past. But I can't help but feel that the Foglio's are dropping some hints for us or at least points to ponder during Sanna's back story.

Overflight

"Ulysses engines" :laugh:

Shawn

Shawn

Well today's comic certainly answered quite a few questions I had about Sanaa's past. But I can't help but feel that the Foglio's are dropping some hints for us or at least points to ponder during Sanna's back story.
I can't really think of any connections with past story lines. They mention Venice, where Gil and Tarvek once were I think, but other than that...nothin.

Hylian

Hylian

I can't really think of any connections with past story lines. They mention Venice, where Gil and Tarvek once were I think, but other than that...nothin.[/QUOTE]

I donlt know I still have some feeling that there is a hint to a larger part of the story somewhere in her story. What it is I have no idea but I can't shake the feeling.

Iaculus

Well, it mentions time-travel, something that we know to be plot-significant thanks to those 'windows' that were appearing here and there. Of course, it remains to be seen whether an Ulysses engine works the same way.

Hylian

Hylian

I like all the little jokes in the background of today's strip. Also it is interesting to see how quickly Sanaa's personality (at least her personality that we had seen so far) changed so quickly when Othar showed up.

Hylian

Hylian

So does this mean that the castle we have been dealing with (up to when Agatha turned it off) the same we are dealing with now (I.E the most current back up) or has the Castle A.I that Agatha has been dealing with actually been a new A.I. that Lucreazia/The Other installed years ago?

The following theory is more than likely incorrect for various reasons but it came to mind so I felt I would share it.

What if Lucrezia transferred Agatha's brother ( Klaus Barry Heterodyne ) mind into an artificial brain/computer? That would mean the child that died during the attack on the castle was only a shell of Klaus Barry Heterodyne. Of course it could also be that lucrezia saw that her child was dieing and saw the only way to save him was to transfer his mind into an artificial brain.

Hylian

Hylian

My suspicions/theories on what/who Higgs really is starting to seem possibly a bit clearer. We know for a fact that the Castle know just who Higgs is but thanks to a nice beating on Higgs part it is unwilling to divulge said information at least at the current time. But with the way that the castle starts to say "your..." and than breaks off into just saying his name. That definitely makes my mind start thinking that maybe Higgs really is Agatha's brother. But he could be something else like a servant (maybe a family that serves the Heterodynes) but for the moment I am definitely leaning closer to him being Agatha's brother. Of course the Professors could just be toying with us. Also it seems that the castle Agatha has been in contact with was/is not a rogue program created by Lucrezia. But I suppose Lucrezia could have put a virus into the castle as a way to fragment its personality and cause parts to go mad.

Shawn

Shawn

I don't think he's her brother. At least not the one that supposedly died when the castle was attacked. So far Higgs, while a resourceful and strong individual, hasn't shown any Spark-like abilities. Certainly not strong enough to warrant being a Hetrodyne at any rate. The misplaced "Your..." means he's connected to her in some way I assume, but also remember that this bot isn't convinced that Agatha is who she claims to be. So why almost call someone "Your brother" when you're not even convinced their related? On top of that, if she knows who Higgs is, and he is Agatha's brother, then he should have been recognized as another Hetrodyne heir immediately.

Later on the bot makes the comment "He is not MY lackey" which suggests that she recognizes him as being the lackey of someone else. Maybe she was just going to call him "Your Lackey" but thought better of it.
But no. Somehow I have a feeling that Higgs here has some relation to Lucrezia. Perhaps an old minion, a past experiment, a sibling, or MAYBE he's Agatha's half brother. The bot still hasn't been entirely convinced that Agatha is not Lucrezia.

I think I'm going to jump on the theory that Agatha's true brother, the one who died during the attack, waits for her down at the bottom of the pit in the body of some mechanical beast. I have a good feeling that the night that the castle was attacked is the same night that Lucrezia attempted a mind transferring experiment on her own son in the effort of granting herself immortality. But something went horribly wrong.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I don't think he's her brother. At least not the one that supposedly died when the castle was attacked. So far Higgs, while a resourceful and strong individual, hasn't shown any Spark-like abilities. Certainly not strong enough to warrant being a Hetrodyne at any rate.
He took out the Pirate Queen, without killing her... twice. Then drug her and the Baron out of a blimp afterwards. Not only that, but he knew exactly where to hit the Muse to disable her (not destroy her) in a single blow. Not only has he displayed some Spark knowledge, but he's more than proven himself more powerful than some of the supposed top tier in the series. He's probably a Heterodyne.

Hylian

Hylian

While I am still not sold on him being Agatha's brother. But I wonder is he is Agatha's brother could he have been born without the spark?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

God knows I love the Foglio's epic to bits but I'm getting so confused with all the plot twists and introductions and flashbacks... Byzantine schemes, okay, but God, even Xanatos would have a headache from all this.

Shawn

Shawn

I don't think he's her brother. At least not the one that supposedly died when the castle was attacked. So far Higgs, while a resourceful and strong individual, hasn't shown any Spark-like abilities. Certainly not strong enough to warrant being a Hetrodyne at any rate.
He took out the Pirate Queen, without killing her... twice. Then drug her and the Baron out of a blimp afterwards. Not only that, but he knew exactly where to hit the Muse to disable her (not destroy her) in a single blow. Not only has he displayed some Spark knowledge, but he's more than proven himself more powerful than some of the supposed top tier in the series. He's probably a Heterodyne.[/QUOTE]

He lacks other spark traits such as wanting to take charge, show off, and he has yet to build anything spark worthy. As I said, he's resourceful. No doubt about that. Moloch has shown he can be quite resourceful too, even to the effect that he knows a good deal about the machines and devices that the sparks use. But it's already been established that he is not a spark. He's just a fine good Mechanic.
Perhaps, at the most, Higgs is a very low level spark, much like the folks in the traveling circus. But my gut tells me he's just a very talented individual who can stay uncommonly calm in all situations. So he's either a trained warrior, an amazing lackey, or a construct.

Hylian

Hylian

I have been thinking.

Most of the Heterodynes have been blood thirsty and crazy (even by spark standards) with a complete disregard for human life. But for some reason William and Barry where decidedly a lot less maniacal. Well what f the reason they were not as crazy as their ancestors was becuase they never drank the water from the dyne? What if the drinking of the dyne was a Heterodyne tradition of a sorts that would allow one to have seemingly perfect understanding of understanding of everything. But it has the side effect of making them super unstable and maniacally insane with a complete disregard for human life? If William and Barry realized this at some point it may be that they deliberately decided to drink the water from the dyne sop as to spare themselves from losing all that they where. Of course the dyne could also be used as a secret weapon by the Heterodyne's and whenever thy faced a huge threat they would drink from the dyne and gain super intelligence and clarity at a cost. The castle did mention that (here) that it never became necessary for them to learn of the castles true power source even stating that they had philosophical differences. Of course this is all just a crazy theory but hey you never know.

Hylian

Hylian

Well I must say so far I like the side effects of the dynes water on Agatha

Soliloquy

The Dyne's water AND electricity.

electricity is important.

Hylian

Hylian

The Dyne's water AND electricity.

electricity is important.[/QUOTE]

true very true

Soliloquy

You know, I'm getting quite frustrated with the Foglios. Going into Castle Heterodyne, they had a great, somewhat-straightforward storyline that had enough mystery and complexity to keep things extremely interesting. But now, we can hardly go three pages without finding another cryptic centuries-old secret, a complicated relationship, or a hidden motive.

I still get the feeling that the Foglios know what they're doing, but there's so much going on that it almost feels like soap opera writing.

Hylian

Hylian

(crazy idea/question below)

Does anyone else feel that the Professors are toying with us by having Otilia/The Castle saying " Ah, yes, h/h/how time does fly" with the word "fly" bolded. Now maybe I am reading way to much into this but we know that Agatha either creates or discovers someone else's method of time travel or at least time viewing. So does Otilia's/The Castles remark mean something more profound about events yet to come? Or am I just reading way too much into this?

(another crazy theory)

If the dynes water does cause people to act a bit insane than I have to wonder since the Castle is being powered by the dyne would that explain why he/it is as maniacal/twisted/insane/fun as he/it is?

Soliloquy

Well, whatever's going on, Othar's going to screw things up royally. This is a fact.

Shawn

Shawn

I really don't know. I'm just kinda disappointed that this story is getting nowhere, and yet totally confusing me all at the same time.

Hylian

Hylian

Well at least Agatha's feelings toward Gil and Tarvek are keeping her at least some what rooted to reality or at least to the current situation.

Hylian

Hylian

Well she seems top have spent all of her excess energy so hopefully she won't explode like Igneous.

Shawn

Shawn

Something about the last few comics seem off. The pacing. The humor. I feel as though the comic has taken an unwanted turn ever since Agatha suddenly obtained super brilliance. Now it feels like a Richie Rich comic, where the solution to every problem is only your most valuable resource, and one comic page, away. Heck, check out the pose in panel 4 which looks like something Uncle Scrooge or even Dagwood would do when in deep thought.
Gil and Tarvek are best buds again. Agatha no longer seems to have any romantic interest in either of them. Lucrezia has been banished by a force of will and unlikely to return again any time soon. There's just no drama anymore.
I dunno. It just feels like Foglio is rushing us through the plot.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Or maybe, MAYBE Agatha is more worried about the situation with the Castle and its imminent destruction - likely causing much of Mechanicsburg go kablooie as well - than about whom she wants plugging her socket ;)

Hylian

Hylian

I think that Foglio ended up spending longer in the castle than he attended to and now he is trying to get back on track. As far as today's comic goes, what do you think is down that hole? I am thinking some kind of mind transfer device and I am imaging that Agatha is going to be doing some mind swapping in the near future.

Dieb

Dieb

Something about the last few comics seem off. The pacing. The humor. I feel as though the comic has taken an unwanted turn ever since Agatha suddenly obtained super brilliance. Now it feels like a Richie Rich comic, where the solution to every problem is only your most valuable resource, and one comic page, away. Heck, check out the pose in panel 4 which looks like something Uncle Scrooge or even Dagwood would do when in deep thought.
Gil and Tarvek are best buds again. Agatha no longer seems to have any romantic interest in either of them. Lucrezia has been banished by a force of will and unlikely to return again any time soon. There's just no drama anymore.
...what? Gil and Tarvek were fighting not two comics ago! Agatha gave up her "super brilliance" to save their lives, pretty obviously because she loved them, what, four comics ago.

I mean, I agree that the timing seems a bit off, I think they've just been in the castle for too long. But your other critisisms just seem silly and wrong.

Shawn

Shawn

...what? Gil and Tarvek were fighting not two comics ago! Agatha gave up her "super brilliance" to save their lives, pretty obviously because she loved them, what, four comics ago.

I mean, I agree that the timing seems a bit off, I think they've just been in the castle for too long. But your other critisisms just seem silly and wrong.[/QUOTE]
We'll you obviously have your opinion set in stone if you are going to use words like "silly" and "wrong", but I don't consider that brawl anything more than a joke on Foglio's part. "You're my friend. No You're my friend. *pause* DIE!!!!" The tension is not the same as before. When I say fighting I mean that before there was an obvious issue between the two of them. Tarvek despised Gil because of what happened when they were kids. In fact they seem to have made up without really going into further detail about that event. Which is also frustrating because hey, I want to know why Gil turned in Tarvek those many years ago and then get more information regarding Gil's life in Paris. We've heard Tarvek's side, but Gil has really yet to give us his.
Plus it can be completely attributed to the si vales valeo and the need to blow off extra energy. Even Agatha does a completely non-agatha thing and joins in on the fight.

Soliloquy

I... don't think I'm enjoying this comic any more.

Dieb

Dieb

I mean, I agree that the timing seems a bit off, I think they've just been in the castle for too long. But your other critisisms just seem silly and wrong.
We'll you obviously have your opinion set in stone if you are going to use words like "silly" and "wrong", but I don't consider that brawl anything more than a joke on Foglio's part. "You're my friend. No You're my friend. *pause* DIE!!!!" The tension is not the same as before. When I say fighting I mean that before there was an obvious issue between the two of them. Tarvek despised Gil because of what happened when they were kids. In fact they seem to have made up without really going into further detail about that event. Which is also frustrating because hey, I want to know why Gil turned in Tarvek those many years ago and then get more information regarding Gil's life in Paris. We've heard Tarvek's side, but Gil has really yet to give us his.
Plus it can be completely attributed to the si vales valeo and the need to blow off extra energy. Even Agatha does a completely non-agatha thing and joins in on the fight.[/QUOTE]
Hey, sorry if I came across as accusatory or anything. But seriously, it's only been a few comics since Agatha got her "super brilliance", and in that time I don't see any evidence that they are best friends. The only interaction they've had was the fight. Sure, it wasn't a SERIOUS fight or anything, they were blowing off steam, etc. But it's hardly evidence that they no longer have issues.

In fact, right before the fight, they very clearly express their issues with each other via sarcasm. Read it again.

"Ah. Sturmvoraus. I see you've recovered! How refreshing to hear you doing something other than whining or raving. A bit of a first, now that I think about it."

"Ah Wulfenbach. I must apologize. I imagine when you discovered that your magnificent selfless gesture would actually inconvenience you for more than fifteen minutes, it was quite vexing. So sorry for the trouble."

This isn't them saying "you're my friend". It's sarcasm. Very thinly veiled sarcasm. And, again, I still don't know where you got the idea that Agatha is no longer in love with them.

Soliloquy

New page is up. This one even looks like it was drawn in a rush.

Something's going on with the Foglios, I think. Maybe they're getting bored of the story?

Hylian

Hylian

Well hopefully they will find Lucrezia's notes that wee supposedly destroyed during the attack.

Hylian

Hylian

So will Agatha finally find out that Gil stitched Punch and Judy back together?

Wahad

Wahad

I just had a thought concerning Higgs. It's mostly wild speculation, but since he displayed amazing technical knowledge, seems indestructible and has memory of older Heterodynes, what if he is the other of the Heterodyne brothers (I forget which one was Agatha's father)? Under a fake name, infiltrating in the Baron's army for...keeping the realm safe? I'm not sure how it would fit in, but the castle knew him, which I think allows us to pin him as a Heterodyne. Maybe.

Soliloquy

If he's a heterodyne, Von Pinn will definitely recognize him.

Hylian

Hylian

Major brownie points to Gil in this round!

On a side note where the heck did Gil's necklace go to? It seems to have just vanished during the whole revivification process. I was figuring earlier that someone must have taken it off during the procedure but now he is all dressed up again and still no necklace. I mean after the whole saving her family bit just now. Imagine how many more brownie points he would get when Agatha finally notices the necklace.

Shawn

Shawn

That should win him Agatha right there.

Soliloquy

Well, honestly, I never understood why Agatha even likes Tarvek.

Wahad

Wahad

Probably because he helped her in Sturmvoraus when nobody else would.

Shawn

Shawn

Tarvek pretty much got her into that situation in Strumhalten in the first place. Letting Agatha be placed in the machine was a retarded idea. 1) The most likely outcome was her death. 2) If she didn't die it would put The Other back in charge of the city. Either way I think that if Tarvek gave a damn about her he would have done something about it before and not after she got strapped in. He's a much stronger Spark than anyone else in his family. He could have easily pulled it off. He probably just was curious to see what would happen.

Soliloquy

Also, Tarvek ruined the message warning about the Other that Agatha was trying to send.

Pretty much, he's a dick.

Hylian

Hylian

After reading Agatha's line in panel one I feel compelled to quote Professor Farnsworth.

To shreds you say

Dusty668

"Hoy, zo de old man eez lookink goot, yah?"
"Ho Yez."

I can't help it, I love the Jägermonsters.

Hylian

Hylian

you should check out the GG board Jagerkin they are huge fans of Jägers in particular there.

Hylian

Hylian

So Barry's kid or Serpentina's kid?

Shawn

Shawn

Well if she's Barry's kid then she's a Hetrodyne, which is a bad build.

If she's Serpentine's kid then that makes her at least a half sibling of what's-his-name.

Man, this story's going all over the place in this chapter. Everybody's been diseased, cured, knocked out, woken up, knocked out again. Plans have changed upteen times. Agatha went Super-Saiyan once. Lucrecia has been released 2 times. It's just chaos to the point of "Get over with it already!".

Hylian

Hylian

I am definitely leaning towards Zola being a Mongfish. But I still have not let go of the possibility that Barry could be the father. Of course now I am wondering it Theo's dad could be the father since he married Serpentina but than again I have been wondering if Lucifer Mongfish may not have had more kids than what has been listed so far. Of course it has been stated that the Mongfish are very gifted when it comes to biology so Zola may have been created in the lab or something like that for all we know. On a side not I have had a weird thought what if Lucrezia/The Other gets transferred out of Agatha and inside the Castle?

Hylian

Hylian

So do you think Lucrezia/The Other is going to duplicate her mind into Zola's or is she simply going to do a straight transfer?

Shawn

Shawn

She's probably going to do a straight transfer. She already knows that Agatha can fight her, so she probably wants to abandon that body as quickly as she can.

Hylian

Hylian

I saw a post on another board that gave me an idea

What if Lucrezia/The Other transfers Agatha's mind into Zola? And if Lucrezia/ The Other does transfer Agatha's mind into Zola I wonder if Agatha would have any trouble completely over power Zola's mind. Also I was just had a interesting thought. If Agatha did get transferred over to Zola and Lucrezia/The Other left to do her own stuff than as long as she didn't destroy the mind transfer machine before she left they could do some swapping of their own. Anyways thinking down that line of thought made me start to think of what would be the weirdest places for them to transfer everyone's minds around. Of course I had the thought of Krosp getting transferred into one of the fun-sized mobile agony and death dispensers. But I also had the interesting thought of what would happen if they Transferred Agatha's mind into the Castle?

Hylian

Hylian

I was thinking from what we have seen of Lucrezia it seems like it she (or at least part of her) has been planning this whole thing from the beginning. Now in today's comic she mentions the wretched locket. So we can assume she has seen it before. Now earlier when Agatha had a dream about receiving the locket she was told it had belonged to her mother. So I started wondering if the locket could have been used to suppress Lucrezia's evil tendencies or something like that. And maybe Barry made some changes that made it suppress Agatha's spark. And later when the locket got broken and Klaus ended up with it we saw him working on it. That may indicate he knew what it was for or at least have an idea. But none the less when Klaus was working on it he could have reset it to it's original function which is why it suppressed Lucreazia when Agatha had put the locket back on.

Shawn

Shawn

It's a thought. I'm of the belief that Lucrezia has been plotting this from the get-go, and that her marriage to Bill was a sham from the start (based on flashbacks with her and Wulfenbach) that was intended to get her access to the castle and the potential of a suitable blood relative that could be used as a host for her. Agatha's brother (Klaus) was born, and something likely happened during her experiments with mind transference. Klaus was killed or put in a state that was irreversible. But she was discovered by some of the Hetrodynes attendants. This forced her to move ahead with her plans earlier than she originally intended. She started the war and at some point had Agatha. Whether she was already pregnant with Agatha, or she and Bill had a fling later on despite their sides in the war isn't certain really. But Bill and Barry caught on to the plan, and have been doing whatever they can to stop it by hiding Agatha and giving her defenses against it.

Hylian

Hylian

Maybe Lucrezia was affected by a mind transfer machine herself at a early age and the locket was given to her in order to suppress The Other. She may not have even know that she was possessed. Her father (or someone) could have given her a locket from the get go so that the Other would remain suppressed until a desirable time arose. If you remember the flash back scene with Lucrezia and Klaus she had a necklace on than as well. Now I am not completely disregarding the chance that Lucrezia has been planning this all along but I am saying I think there is a strong possibility that she may have actually planned on going clean but her family had the plans. Now if you recall Klaus had said that the Others work was far beyond Lucrezias abilities but the underlying principles where the same. Now also remember that they hinted that a sparks style could run in the family. So the Mongfish could be servants are at least transfer devices for The Other or possibly one of their ancestors could have been the original Other and has been being carried on to the next generation through the mind transfer device. Of course I am still leaning to the other being an entity from the future or maybe another dimension but I have no proof to support that theory except possibly the Dragon From Mars story but than again that could have just been nothing more than a story and no hints were intended.

Soliloquy

Might I poke a huge hole in all of your theories by pointing out that Lucrezia seemed to have no idea what the locket was when she first saw it?

Hylian

Hylian

I thought of that myself and granted it could be a huge whole in the theory (but be warned I am not saying I believe these theories are teh only possible answers I am just throwing out ideas as they come to me) But still Lucrezia may not have recognized the device as the same locket/device (seeing as how she didn't open it to view the mechanics of it) now it could have been that she simply thought it was a common necklace (since they stated at one point that a lot of people where the same design) also the Heterodyne boys could have found Lucrezia's old locket and redesigned it to look like an ordinary locket so Agatha would be that much more inconspicuous.

Also I would like to restate that I am not saying I believe this theory or any of my other theories to be the only possible answer. I am simply laying out different theories I have as they come to me and many if not all will probably be proven wrong as new information trickles out. And as they are I will change my theories to reflect the information as it becomes available. The only reason I post the theories I have is so that other people can offer there two cents on them and blow holes in them when need be. They exist for no other reason than to offer some discussion and to let our brains (mine included) run in absurd directions and try to reach strange new paths that we may not have reached without having open discussions on theories no matter how far fetched they seem.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Holy crap! The Baron's been wasped!? This changes everything (if it's true...)

Hylian

Hylian

Holy crap! The Baron's been wasped!? This changes everything (if it's true...)

That happened ages ago.

Girl Genius Online Comics!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'd feel really stupid, if that hadn't happened 4 years ago.

Hylian

Hylian

I love the look on Tarvek's face when he realized that everyone else went for a better gun/option. On a side not do you think Zola knew that the Gun was there cause she saw it or do you think she pulled the memories of it's location from Lucrezia/The Other?

Hylian

Hylian

Hmmm, I have to wonder why Zola took the gun as well. Part of me thinks she may still have feelings for Gil and has plans for him and the gun (
) but maybe she just likes it for the scare factor.

Shawn

Shawn

I find the newest strip to be interesting. Von Pinn has actually HELPED Agatha.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I find the newest strip to be interesting. Von Pinn has actually HELPED Agatha.
Technically, I think she always had to. Agatha is still technically under her charge and she HAS to protect anyone the Baron asks her to, even if Agatha has done her damnedest to get away.

Hylian

Hylian

I wonder if the new Dingbot will use any technology from Lucrezia/The Other. Lucrezia/The Other did say that Agatha was reaching into her mind and pulling out her secrets.