Girl Genius General Purpose Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, that does look like one of the Storm King's muses. If those muses are related to the Greek myth muses, I'm not sure which one would have wings, though.

That's an interesting catch. I would never have thought of that. Would totally make sense. Question now is what is it doing being held captive underneath castle Hetrodyne and what was Lucrezia doing with it down there?

So is Otilia damaged so that she does not recognize Tarvek's authority? Or do you think maybe Tarvek's lineage to the Storm King isn't quite as strong as he believes. Of course it maybe something else entirely else is going on at the moment. Like maybe Otilia knows that Tarvek was killed and revived and so she no longer recognizes him as a true descendant to the Storm King.

Z

Zumbo Prime

Oooohhhh, it's a webcomic.

I was gonna say, title was an oxymoron....

V

Veteran

At first I thought she might be the person in the time window from right at the start, but the hair doesn't match up.

I

Iaculus

At first I thought she might be the person in the time window from right at the start, but the hair doesn't match up.
I have a suspicion that that's going to end up being an upgraded version of the Lucrezia-posessed Clank that escaped Sturmhalten. Would certainly add up - if anyone has the tech to make those time-windows work, it's the freakin' Other.

S

Soliloquy

*image snipped*

So is Otilia damaged so that she does not recognize Tarvek's authority? Or do you think maybe Tarvek's lineage to the Storm King isn't quite as strong as he believes. Of course it maybe something else entirely else is going on at the moment. Like maybe Otilia knows that Tarvek was killed and revived and so she no longer recognizes him as a true descendant to the Storm King.

Ooh... I didn't think of that last one. That makes the most sense, actually. And it'd really fit in with Foglio's style of writing, which could be described as Chekhov's Armory.
(WARNING! TV TROPES!)

I have a suspicion that that's going to end up being an upgraded version of the Lucrezia-posessed Clank that escaped Sturmhalten. Would certainly add up - if anyone has the tech to make those time-windows work, it's the freakin' Other.
[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if the time window has anything to do with the time-travel device built by future Tarvek as mentioned in Othar's (apparently Canon) Twitter.

So do you think Tarvek has received any special tinkering to give him his strength or do you think it could be a side effect of the recent reviving process. Of course Gil has showed amazing strength on several occasions but I always chalked those up to Klaus's tinkering/ the battle draught he had. Of course I suppose Lucreazia/the Other could have gotten some of the Jäger secrets and given them to her/its pawns.

S

Soliloquy

So do you think Tarvek has received any special tinkering to give him his strength or do you think it could be a side effect of the recent reviving process. Of course Gil has showed amazing strength on several occasions but I always chalked those up to Klaus's tinkering/ the battle draught he had. Of course I suppose Lucreazia/the Other could have gotten some of the Jäger secrets and given them to her/its pawns.
Well, maybe it was the fact that Tarvek was hooked up to Gil while he was under the effects of battle draught.

I'm inclined to go with Soliloquy on this one, especially considering the page where Violetta and Moloch pump some extra power from Gil onto Tarvek's circuit and he hulks out of the system all cured. It'll fade a bit in time, probably, but Tarvek probably is stronger than an average peon to begin with. I'm sure he's had some exercise while fighting rogue inventions of his/possible fighting trainer clanks. Probably not as strong as Gil, as Klaus is pretty much one of the top sparks and what he can do to Gil can be matched by almost nobody else - definitely not by Aaronev, but still strong.

Darn and Moloch was doing such a good job as a minion and now he went and ruined some of his credibility. Of course I guess every minion makes mistakes every now and than.

D

Dusty668

It's part of the Minion code, also he actually made bonus points for doing it in a "Dramatically Tense Timing Frame" AKA Worst Possible Time. He's got potential he's definitely a minion to watch!

Well this is a bit of a shocker. I wonder if she was reprogrammed by someone. Or maybe Van Rijn made her special. Of course another possibility is that Lucreazia/The Other tried to perform a mind swap on Otilia and it only worked partly. Thus leaving her with two personalities. But based on the fact that she fights better than she was supposed to I would wager more on her being remade by someone.

So do you think the castle dumped it's mind into Otilia at the last second or do you think that Otilia could have been the original mind for the castle? Of course there could be a thousand and one different possibilities. So what are your thoughts?

S

Soliloquy

So do you think the castle dumped it's mind into Otilia at the last second or do you think that Otilia could have been the original mind for the castle? Of course there could be a thousand and one different possibilities. So what are your thoughts?
Looking into it, I think Otilia probably was the original castle

After all, Otilia was missing for over 200 years, and according the the unofficial Chronology, the castle may have become self-aware around that time.

I just had a weird idea. What if Otilia/Castles A.I touches Tarvek while he is linked. Will Agatha/Gil/Tarvek now have to deal with being inside Otilia or will they have to contend with the castle being in their mind like Agatha has Lucrezia/The Other in her mind. Of course an interesting point to ponder is when Otilia/The Castle said that Agatha hadn't been deemed a true Heterodyne heir. Now does that mean that Otilia/The Castle was just pretending for awhile or can it be that this has been a previously dormant personality of the castle? Or maybe this could be the crazy castle personality we were warned of earlier.

below is Friday's (2/12/10) comic do not read on unless you do not mind reading it early.

It feels good to have most of the gang back together. Of course we still need the Jäger's to show up to make it a real reunion.

S

Soliloquy

New Comic!

Oh, man, I'd forgotten about Crewman Higgs. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

S

Soliloquy

Honestly, I have utmost faith that Higgs will be able to handle this.

Theo you are such a dolt. Have you never learned not to mess with people strapped into the big sparky machine?

D

Dusty668

I don't doubt he can handle it, I just think he may need a fresh pipe on the way.

Well Higg's has managed to go up a few more notches in pure awesomeness. But I am definitely starting to wonder more and more if Higg's has any special modifications done to him.

S

Soliloquy

Well Higg's has managed to go up a few more notches in pure awesomeness. But I am definitely starting to wonder more and more if Higg's has any special modifications done to him.
There's definitely something odd going on with him. Of course, we knew that after seeing that he had completely recovered from two broken arms, a broken leg, and a bullet wound within a matter of days.

Somehow I doubt it's any kind of Spark-related modifications, though. The guy's far too even-keeled for me to think he has anything to do with Sparks.

That said, I think Higgs is well on his way to replacing Othar as my favorite minor character.

S

Soliloquy

Hmm... I just took a look through the archives, and now I'm pretty much convinced that Otilia is the original source of Castle Heterodyne's sentience.

There's a pretty strong hint on this page that the castle became sentient in 1677, and the events of the comic are thought to take place around 1892-1894 -- about 215 years after the castle's sentience. This fits in quite well with Otillia having been missing for over 200 years.

Man, I feel like such a nerd.

Hmm... I just took a look through the archives, and now I'm pretty much convinced that Otilia is the original source of Castle Heterodyne's sentience.

There's a pretty strong hint on this page that the castle became sentient in 1677, and the events of the comic are thought to take place around 1892-1894 -- about 215 years after the castle's sentience. This fits in quite well with Otillia having been missing for over 200 years.

Man, I feel like such a nerd.
This is totally a possibility. But still we don't know what the connection between Lucrecia and Otillia are, or if Otillia is actually herself or the Castle's AI simply using her body as a vessel? Otillia doesn't seem to remember much about being the castle, otherwise she'd surely recognize Agatha and her claim as the Hetrodyne heir. But what does she have against Lucrecia? Lucrecia couldn't have been the one to put her down there, so that means she must have found Otillia at some point during her relationship with Bill and did something to it. It's possible this has something to do with the Hetrodyne Boys tale about the Dragon of Mars that was down in the castle's underbelly, which also involved Lucrecia's father.

I have been wondering if Otilia could have been used as an amergency backup for the castle in case of a major malfunction. And if the Main Castles A.I. was damaged and it hadn't been able to perform a backup in awhile that would explain the lapse in memory for Otillia.

S

Soliloquy

But what does she have against Lucrecia?.
Well, Lucrezia did destroy the castle, kill Klaus Barry Heterodyne, and then set off on a worldwide rampage.

I'd say that's plenty of reason for the castle to be angry at Lucrezia. And Otilia is claiming to be the castle, so that's that.

D

Dusty668

Our Bosun Higgs, he seems to have information he want's kept on the QT. Very.

Status
Not open for further replies.