Ghost Rider 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Johnson

Ghost Rider was a such a terrible waste of time, as wastes of time go.

J

Jiarn

It's ok Joe, not everyone can handle the awesomeness that is Nic Cage.

C

Chibibar

I actually like the movie. What I don't like about most action hero movies (Marvel and DC) and they keep killing OFF THE VILLAINS!!!!

Does this mean Oprah is going to be the main villain this time around?

Man, I didn't think they could get anyone to top SATAN, but I was wrong.

It's not about "liking" Nic Cage, it's about truly being able to immerse yourself in his complete immersion in himself. Once you do that the real power of Nic Cage becomes apparent.

He is everyone: Nic Cage as Everyone

My major gripe with Ghost rider one wasn't Nic Cage.

It was that lame villian they were using. I could only see the kid from American Beuty.
Fuck. I'm watching American Beauty in my mythology class (why....I don't actually know) and now I'm going to be seeing Blackheart weirdly videotaping everything. Damn you sir.

Also - Nic Cage is super awesome in the right movies. Loved him in "Sorcerer's Apprentice", "Raising Arizona", "National Treasure", and "Kick-Ass". "Drive Angry" looks all kinds of gloriously stupid. But Ghost Rider is just not right for him, not the way they did it. There have been times where Johnny Blaze was older and grizzled (the 90's mostly), and I really think Nic Cage could pull that off. Unfortunately, they're using young, brash daredevil Johnny Blaze. Cage is 46.

J

Jiarn

I think you forgot to put Lord of War, Bringing Out the Dead, Bangkok Dangerous, Matchstick Men, Gone in Sixty Seconds, Con-Air, Bad Lieutenant, Next, Weather Man, and Face Off.

I think you forgot to put Lord of War, Bringing Out the Dead, Bangkok Dangerous, Matchstick Men, Gone in Sixty Seconds, Con-Air, Bad Lieutenant, Next, Weather Man, and Face Off.
Especially remarkable since those movies are so hard to forget, no matter how hard one tries.

Every single person here is forgetting to mention Adaptation and that makes me sad because it was amazing. It's probably got my favorite performance by Nick Cage. Meryl Streep and Chris Cooper were awesome too, as always.

Adaptation is awesome. The beginning monologue over a black screen got me completely into the movie... because it was like somebody was taping my thoughts!

I'm not kidding about my love for the Crank directors and Nick Cage. That youtube is awesome. And I haven't even seen Leaving Las Vegas, that he won an Oscar for!

J

Jiarn

Funny thing is, I really didn't like Adaptation. Only watched the first 30minutes before turning it off.

I will give it another shot though, I saw it come up on Instant Que a while back.

Well, I have to admit it appealled both to my self pitying socially awkward side and to my metalinguistical snobby intellectual side. Maybe you have none of those :p

Status
Not open for further replies.