Gas Bandit's DeepFake Abyss

Deleted by youtube as "violating community standards". Even though it's an unlisted video. Strange.
Updated post to show coub instead. Unfortunately, it lost half the length when I moved it over there :(

GasBandit

Staff member
Deleted by youtube as "violating community standards". Even though it's an unlisted video. Strange.
Updated post to show coub instead. Unfortunately, it lost half the length when I moved it over there :(
Might try gfycat. They're almost as easy as coub, and support sound now. Just not as robust controls as coub or YouTube.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've been trying to find things that involve more dudes (I swear 90% of coub is videos of ladies) so that I can include more faces, but it's hard... and then 90% of the ones with dudes don't pan out. This one has some oddness but it's the closest I've gotten in a while.

GasBandit

Staff member
If you guys want to suggest movies/shows/scenes that involve men, and possibly even who I should deepfake into them, I'm all ears.

I've got a backlog of women-related sources, but I'm trying to avoid turning this into the all-Keltsy-all-the-time-with-special-guest-Emrys thread.

(I know, too late, right)

If you guys want to suggest movies/shows/scenes that involve men, and possibly even who I should deepfake into them, I'm all ears.

I've got a backlog of women-related sources, but I'm trying to avoid turning this into the all-Keltsy-all-the-time-with-special-guest-Emrys thread.

(I know, too late, right)
Ooo! The Full Monty! Shawn of the Dead! Hot Fuzz! Lord of the Rings!

GasBandit

Staff member
Edit: the right scene could have a lot of us.
Yeah, that's the trick. Finding the right scene. It's often difficult because:
  • It can't have anybody in more than 45 degree profile
  • It can't have anybody looking too far up or down
  • It can't have anybody's face tilted 90 degrees or more
  • The camera has to show the faces fairly closely (most head-to-toe shots are too zoomed out to process the faces)
  • It can't have any special effects
  • Any hands or other obstructions passing in front of a face, even briefly, can screw everything up
  • It can't pan any faces into or out of the frame over time, or the effect will cut out as soon as it isn't recognizable as a full face anymore
And even with all that... sometimes it just doesn't look right.

More dude stuff: Ghostbusters, MP and the Holy Grail (the scene arguing polictics and this forum, geez...), Kungfu Hustle, Pirates of the Carribean, Scott Pilgrim, Jaws, Star Trek, anything Kevin Smith.

Yeah, that's the trick. Finding the right scene. It's often difficult because:
  • It can't have anybody in more than 45 degree profile
  • It can't have anybody looking too far up or down
  • It can't have anybody's face tilted 90 degrees or more
  • The camera has to show the faces fairly closely (most head-to-toe shots are too zoomed out to process the faces)
  • It can't have any special effects
  • Any hands or other obstructions passing in front of a face, even briefly, can screw everything up
  • It can't pan any faces into or out of the frame over time, or the effect will cut out as soon as it isn't recognizable as a full face anymore
And even with all that... sometimes it just doesn't look right.
I don't know how many, if any, of my suggestions will work, but scenes with talking heads are pretty common in these, so maybe you'll get lucky!

GasBandit

Staff member
And of course, it has to fit in under 15 seconds for FaceApp to accept it (10 seconds if it is to go on coub) :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't know how many, if any, of my suggestions will work, but scenes with talking heads are pretty common in these, so maybe you'll get lucky!
I mean, I can see what I can do... but movies are often also problematic (remember what happened when I tried those Indiana Jones scenes)... and I also don't have time to rewatch 14 movies looking to piece together a patchwork of talking head scenes :/ I was hoping for more of suggestions like "The gozer scene from Ghostbusters" which I might look at trying though I worry the faces are too small for much of it.

I didn't know if you were also using pre-existing gifs or you had to rip them yourself, i was just trying to think of directions to point you in.