Games on SALE!

Steam library would take approx. 1763.36 hours to complete.

That's 73.47 days!

Less than I thought. Than again, GOG has most of my games...Especially the long ones from back in the good old days.

Anyway, that's almost a year of full-time gaming. I'm sure GOG has about the same, if not more. Yeah, even if I win the lottery tomorrow I can't think of a reason to buy more games other than "I want to" :p

The original Metal Gear WAS a PC release. The NES version was just a watered down and changed version for the consoles. The MSX version from MGS3: Subsistence is completely different.
Yeah, but the MSX2 is like an old Tandy or a Commodore, you don't really think of those as PCs (though they are, I'm not arguing that).

PC does generally refer to Windows.

The Secret World is on steam flash sale for $10. It's a pretty awesome MMO for anyone that hasn't experienced it, and there's no subscription fee. I highly recommend it.

The Secret World is on steam flash sale for $10. It's a pretty awesome MMO for anyone that hasn't experienced it, and there's no subscription fee. I highly recommend it.
Plus you get a free month of VIP access, which has extra missions from the DLC issues, a free clothing item for the month (a Krampus mask this time), access to a free XP booster for one hour every day, discounts in the point store, and other cool stuff. Make to a certain point in the first zone and you get free points for the store too.

The Steam version also comes with an in-game Steam shirt, a ring that boosts xp up to a point, and a cat pet that makes you stronger up to a point.

Last edited:
Now that I'm on a bit of a break before I get into a grad school, I will finally have some time to get caught up on some games. I still haven't finished the Enter the Dominatrix DLC for SR IV or the Burial at Sea DLC for Bioshock Infinite.

3DS eshop is having a sale on shovelware, indie games, and Project X Zone, the last of which has been knocked down to $15.

I wasn't too interested in it at full price, but I'll take an oddball tactical RPG for $15.

So I've discovered what else to do during Steam sales when there's nothing I'm personally interested in getting: checking out people's wishlists. :D

So I've discovered what else to do during Steam sales when there's nothing I'm personally interested in getting: checking out people's wishlists. :D
I would shamelessly link my own steam wish list, but I'm too classy to do that. Instead, I will simply mention it, and hope that morbid curiosity will take care of the rest.

Classy as fuck.

So picked up the Monaco 4-pack. One went to Jay, another to the Pezster. I still have one remaining. Who wants it and therefore, wants to play with me, Jay, and possible Fig? :D[DOUBLEPOST=1387684037,1387684002][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would shamelessly link my own steam wish list, but I'm too classy to do that. Instead, I will simply mention it, and hope that morbid curiosity will take care of the rest.

Classy as fuck.
I'm actually not sure if I HAVE you on Steam. What's your name on it? Same as here?

So picked up the Monaco 4-pack. One went to Jay, another to the Pezster. I still have one remaining. Who wants it and therefore, wants to play with me, Jay, and possible Fig? :D[DOUBLEPOST=1387684037,1387684002][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm actually not sure if I HAVE you on Steam. What's your name on it? Same as here?
Hey, I'd be up for Monaco...

It's Ravenpoe on steam as well.

It's Ravenpoe on steam as well.
Actually it's Ravenpoe121 (though Ravenpoe will probably bring it up as well). That's my name in most places, since Ravenpoe is oftentimes taken by imposters.

Has anyone played, tried, or heard anything about Epic Quest for Mighty Loot? I remember seeing a trailer for it I think in one of the PS4 "Look! Indie games!" trailers and thought it was interesting. As of this writing, it's on a flash sale for the next 40 minutes.

figmentPez

Staff member
So picked up the Monaco 4-pack. One went to Jay, another to the Pezster. I still have one remaining. Who wants it and therefore, wants to play with me, Jay, and possible Fig? :D
Thank you for that. I wanted it because I've heard it has local co-op, and I thought it might be fun to do some couch gaming with friends.

I'll certainly try to make time to play with you as well.

GasBandit

Staff member
Gnomoria is a simpler but more user friendly Dwarf Fortress. It is by no means as robust and intricate as DF, but really, what is? It balances this by not being fucking inscrutable ascii runes. It's pretty fun.

So I saw that I only had a few cards left to craft the winter sale badge, so I sell a relatively-rare foil Skyrim badge, and use the money to buy the remaining cards and craft the badge. And what do I get? A profile background, an emoticon, and a DOTA2 item. I don't even play DOTA2.

Oh well, it was an interesting experience, but I don't think I'll be going for badges again in the future.

So I saw that I only had a few cards left to craft the winter sale badge, so I sell a relatively-rare foil Skyrim badge, and use the money to buy the remaining cards and craft the badge. And what do I get? A profile background, an emoticon, and a DOTA2 item. I don't even play DOTA2.

Oh well, it was an interesting experience, but I don't think I'll be going for badges again in the future.
This really does seem to be the problem with the whole badge system: You can't pick what you want, so you might not get something you can even use. Sure, you can sell it on the market, but you have no idea if you will be getting any kind of decent amount for it. Background pictures? Who cares? Emoticons are kinda fun, but still not worth the effort.

Normally you'd get a coupon instead of an item but it's the same problem: most of the coupons are for games you don't want, know, or care about and the discounts never beat the sale prices. So yeah... I usually just sell my cards for cash to buy DLC. Hell, if it's from Humble Bundle games, I can sometimes make more off the cards than I paid for the bundle.

I actually have two coupons for 10% off Toki Tori 2, just sitting there in my inventory. Don't think I'll be able to trade them for anything interesting any time soon.

Now that the 3DS eshop is back up--some cool sales!

Rayman 3D and the other Rayman game are both down to $20.

Atlus games are on sale--Etrian Odyssey IV, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, and Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers are $20, while Shin Megami Tensei IV and Etrian Odyssey: The Millennial Girl are $30.

Street Fighter IV 3D is $10.

Crossing my fingers that Phoenix Wright will go on sale, but it might be too new. I picked up Mighty Switch Force for $4.49 and now I have downloaded Devil Survivor.

I think it's silly that I'm not allowed to purchase something just because my SD card doesn't have room for it, but I guess that's to keep kids/parents from buying stuff they can't play.