Games on SALE!

I got it a while ago when it was on sale for, like 7 bucks a while back, but at this point have still onlyplayed through the first few missions. The gameplay is almost on the horrible side, but I understand that gets totally balanced out by the story being so engaging.

I got it a while ago when it was on sale for, like 7 bucks a while back, but at this point have still onlyplayed through the first few missions. The gameplay is almost on the horrible side, but I understand that gets totally balanced out by the story being so engaging.
May I ask what's wrong with the gameplay? An engaging story might not be enough if I have to jump through hoops to experience it.

The game is basically satire about the absurdity of our fascination with modern military shooters. The gameplay is generic shooting, and while generic, isn't really all that bad. It's just nothing new, straight run of the mill shooter.

It's the story and atmosphere that make it engaging. And the realization of just what kind of horrible things these types of games depict. It is not a feel good game.

The game is basically satire about the absurdity of our fascination with modern military shooters. The gameplay is generic shooting, and while generic, isn't really all that bad. It's just nothing new, straight run of the mill shooter.

It's the story and atmosphere that make it engaging. And the realization of just what kind of horrible things these types of games depict. It is not a feel good game.
I've heard it equated to Heart of Darkness.

GasBandit

Staff member
That is a veritable ton of games at 75% off. But I own most of the ones on that list I want already. Heh... my wishlist is cursed.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - 4.99

STILL DON'T BUY IT!

Ugh, I hate how the list is randomized every time you leave it.

Last edited:
Hey, a game on my wishlist was on sale after all - but not listed on the sale price, and I didn't get a notification through mail. Bastards over at Valve, not giving me my games without having to check my list! :p
Neat!

Already got it, along with some restoration mods suggested to me by Jay.

I also had to tweak things a little bit to get it to run, apparently my system specs are so high they were wrapping around into negative numbers. I just blew the source engine's mind.
There are also some new content mods out there... Final Nights adds the actual Bloodline offshoot clans into the game, will another big one adds actual new missions to the game (some with complete voice acting!). But yes... you NEED the content restoration mod, especially if you want to use guns.

I'm considering buying Fallout 3. I already bought it retail when it came out, but I shiver-me-timbers'd the DLC, so this is my chance to make it right.

The original Fallout 3 DLC was pretty bad (except Point Lookout).
Respectfully disagree. I enjoyed them all, even the widely maligned Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta.

Then again, I paid nothing for them, so that might color my perception a bit.

They just turn it into a terrible corridor shooter (Anchorage and Zeta), both things the game does worse than just about any other shooter.

My only comment on Point Lookout: Do it early or the rewards aren't worth it. It's a fun, interesting location... but NOTHING down there is worth using over weapons or armor from the normal game. Compare this to Operation Anchorage and it's railgun and unbreakable power armor (as well as early power armor training) or Operation Zeta's awesome Alien weaponry.

My only comment on Point Lookout: Do it early or the rewards aren't worth it. It's a fun, interesting location... but NOTHING down there is worth using over weapons or armor from the normal game. Compare this to Operation Anchorage and it's railgun and unbreakable power armor (as well as early power armor training) or Operation Zeta's awesome Alien weaponry.
Or the Chinese Stealth Armor, the single most overpowered piece of equipment in Fallout history.

Or the Chinese Stealth Armor, the single most overpowered piece of equipment in Fallout history.
No kidding. I accidentally started the game in Anchorage, and thus have played the entire thing as a stealthy mo-fo. I'm now powered up to the point where I actually sneak right up to someone's face before I take my first tri-beam laser rifle shot. Very few require a second shot.

I got several coupons for Steam due to creating badges. I'll be more than happy to pass them along to you if interested.

% OFF :

25% Shadow Warrior
66% Divekick
90% Sacred Citadel
90% Jack Orlando Director's Cut X2
90% Two Worlds
90% Iron Sky Invasion
50% Evoland

Also buying anyone's cards they don't want. :)