Games on SALE!

GasBandit

Staff member
Crusader kings 2 is 50% off on steam this weekend, but I can't help wondering if I can hold out for another 3 weeks or so and it ends up on the steam summer sale for 75% off.

figmentPez

Staff member
I thought steam was supposed to send e-mails/push updates to mobile when something on your wishlist goes on sale? Is that not the case? Cause mine isn't.
I get emails when my wishlist items go on sale. There is a setting to tell it to email you, but I don't know what the default is, or where to find it. They've changed the interface since they implemented that feature.[DOUBLEPOST=1371840064][/DOUBLEPOST]
I get emails when my wishlist items go on sale. There is a setting to tell it to email you, but I don't know what the default is, or where to find it. They've changed the interface since they implemented that feature.
Nevermind, I found it. From Steam, either the program or logged-in at the Steampowered website, your username will be in the upper-right with a drop-down menu. From that menu choose "account details" then "configure your email preferences" in the column on the right. There you can check to make sure you're set to receive emails when a game goes on sale.

GasBandit

Staff member
Welp, mine was already set to send me e-mails, and the droid client was set to push me alerts... so iono. ¯\(°_o)/¯

GasBandit

Staff member
Crusader kings 2 is 50% off on steam this weekend, but I can't help wondering if I can hold out for another 3 weeks or so and it ends up on the steam summer sale for 75% off.
Welp #2, never mind it just now went to 75% off for today only - packaged with all the DLC it comes to 20 bucks.

I only get emails sporadically, not everytime. :/
Same, I have a bunch of stuff on my wishlist that went on sale without me knowing it.[DOUBLEPOST=1371871987][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and Skulls of the Shogun is up for pre-order and if you pre-purchase you get access to the beta, which as far as I can tell is the full game. I already started the campaign mode.

This is one that I'd love to play some HFers with.

Two packs over at GOG:

ANACHRONOX
DEUS EX 2: INVISIBLE WAR
DEUS EX™ GOTY EDITION
THIEF™ 2: THE METAL AGE
THIEF™ GOLD
THIEF™ 3: DEADLY SHADOWS
DAIKATANA
all together for $15.43

INQUISITOR
DRIFTMOON
TORCHLIGHT
DIVINITY 2: DEVELOPER'S CUT
LEGEND OF GRIMROCK
all together for $19.95
That first one's pretty amazing - Deus Ex and Thief all bundled up for $15 is madness, dollar-per-hour wise.
The second pack is neat, but I'm pretty sure everyone who could possibly want either Torchlight or Legend of Grimrock has it by now :p

I just mentioned Anachronox in another thread. It is one of my all time favorite games and it was criminally overlooked. Unfortunately games of that era don't age very well as they are from the dark age of 3D technology. However, in the case of Anacronox, I'm willing to overlook the crap graphics for how awesome the game is.

One of your party members is a shrunken planet.

That first one's pretty amazing - Deus Ex and Thief all bundled up for $15 is madness, dollar-per-hour wise.
Deus Ex may be the most perfect game ever made.

However, the inclusion of Deus Ex 2 and Daikatana should be seen as affronts to humanity, and they should pay -you- to download those trainwrecks.

Deus Ex 2 isn't terrible, it just had the misfortune of having to live under its big brother's shadow. If it didn't have the Deus Ex name attached to it, it'd be called a decent Deus Ex clone.

Deus Ex may be the most perfect game ever made.

However, the inclusion of Deus Ex 2 and Daikatana should be seen as affronts to humanity, and they should pay -you- to download those trainwrecks.

Deus Ex is a strange game. Taken piece by piece, the game itself is mediocre at best. The voice acting is about the worst a game can have. The combat is terrible even for it's time. The level design is good, but nothing great. The RPG elements are unnecessarily punishing. The storyline is even just mostly cliched conspiracy theory stuff. Yet, you put it all together and you get one of the best games ever made.

Holy... I just noticed that I have a steam badge for owning over 250 games. Ninety percent of those were probably bought during sales.

GOG has the Legacy of Kain series on sale for just over 5 bucks. If I hadn't already picked up the bundle in a steam sale, I'd jump on it.

The only shitty part of the upcoming Summer sale is I basically own Steam at this point (you and me Bowielee ).

All that's left are the really new releases, and they're only gonna be like 25% off at best.

I'll be off line from thursday 'till tuesday, at least. Expect the greatest, bestest, most awesomest steam sales ever during that period.

If Kings Bounty: the North goes off to -66% or more during that time, somebody buy it for me, 'kay? I'll pay it back :p

For those of you who are Playstation Plus members....holy crap are there good free games right now.

Saints Row: The Third
Uncharted 3
Xcom Enemy Unknown
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

All free to Psn Plus members.

While live gives you defense grid: the awakening, like anyone who wants to play that doesnt already have it.

GOG has FTL on sale at $2.49 at the moment. Those of us still doubting/waiting, here's your chance. And remember: no DRM, unlike Steam.
Alsio at -75%: King of Dragon Pass (which is awesome), Zafehouse: Diaries (which is supposedly great, but haven't tried it) and Defender's Quest.

last day of the GOG Summer Sale, includes all previous days' packs, as well as a whole lot of other packs and sets of games at up to -85%; plus a host of other single games at -25%, -50% and -66%.

Inludes a bunch of indie and more modern games as well. I'm too lazy (and, seriously, there're too many) to list them all but the ones I think are most interesting are all of the above, plus:

Back to the Future - Telltale games - the 5 episodes all together for $3.74
Tales of Monkey Island - Telltale games - all the episodes for $5.24
Wallace and Grommit - Telltale - all the episodes - $2.99
Three packs of Sam and Max - Telltale Games - per pack of 5 episodes - $4.49 or $5.24
(those above mean that for ALL of Telltale Games' episodic games so far together, you'd have to pay about $25. That's a ridiculous amount of playtime for the price)

Library of Myst - the 5 Myst games for $9.45

Ultima 1-9 + Ultima Underground 1-2 for $8.94

Bullfrog Classics - Dungeon keeper 1+2, Populous 1-2-3, Syndicate and Syndicate Wars, Theme Hospital, Magic Carpet 1 + 2 -$14.90

The Witcher 2 - $5.99

and so on and so forth. Some may be bested by Steam (Legend of Grimrock, for exaple, is only 50% off), but if you're waiting for interesting deals either on older games or on smaller new games, you'd be mad not to look for a moment.

So the only thing I grabbed from the GoG sale was FTL. There were other tempting games, but I've got a huge backlog as-is, so maybe next time.

Onward to the Steam sale!

Library of Myst - the 5 Myst games for $9.45
Oh, these have been on my list to buy for some time, and this is the sort of deal I'd want for them. Time to further enhance the backlog of games I have to play.

EDIT: ...Nope! I am behind the times and missed that one. Oh well, next time Myst games, next time.

Free iOS games for Apple's App store anniversary!
http://www.techtola.com/2013/07/the-best-apps-and-games-ever-made-for.html
Flight Control HD
Mirror's Edge
Dead Space
Sims Medieval
Peggle HD
Mini Motors HD
Chopper
Tiny Wings
Badland
Sword & Sworcery
Infinity Blade 2
Where's My Water
Zenforms : Protectors
The Idiot Test 3
Pig Shot
Glow Puzzle
War of Reproduction
Jump Birdy Jump
Day One Journal
Traktor DJ
Over
Barefoot World Atlas
How to cook everything

figmentPez

Staff member
This is just wild speculation, but wouldn't it be awesome if the Steam summer sale was late because Valve delayed it to coincide with a Steam Box announcement and pre-order special?