Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

I don't remember hearing "flash" used in that manner, but everything else checks. Going to share this with my son so he can use it as an "Old Person Translator". Or just to understand some of the "old" movies he's been watching with us lately.

Related: Li'l Z watched Gremlins with us the other night:
Me: "When I was 5, I had a plush Gizmo that squeaked, and the Read-Along book and cassette tape about the movie."
Li'l Z: "Little kids watched this?!? What the hell, Mom?!?"
Me: "Eh, the 80's were a wierd time. I don't think PG-13 existed yet.*"

*I had to look this up. It was introduced a month after Gremlins was released.

I don't remember hearing "flash" used in that manner, but everything else checks. Going to share this with my son so he can use it as an "Old Person Translator". Or just to understand some of the "old" movies he's been watching with us lately.

Related: Li'l Z watched Gremlins with us the other night:
Me: "When I was 5, I had a plush Gizmo that squeaked, and the Read-Along book and cassette tape about the movie."
Li'l Z: "Little kids watched this?!? What the hell, Mom?!?"
Me: "Eh, the 80's were a wierd time. I don't think PG-13 existed yet.*"

*I had to look this up. It was introduced a month after Gremlins was released.
As a matter of fact, the PG-13 rating was introduced BECAUSE of movies like Gremlins and Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom.

I still say rad, I still type rad all the time. I will never stop no matter how much my friends' kids look at me like I'm older than the sun itself.

I still say rad, I still type rad all the time. I will never stop no matter how much my friends' kids look at me like I'm older than the sun itself.
Don't worry, Dave still uses "oogh" and "ah-ah-ooh-ooh-ah-ah" from his youth as well and nobody calls him out on it anymore either.

Batman is a master of disguise. If he dresses up as Santa, he'll wear the hat like the first image, but on top of this:

1703025453776.jpeg

...AND HE WILL MAKE SURE THAT EVERY ORPHAN THAT SITS ON HIS LAP WILL SOMEHOW END UP HAVING THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER.

--Patrick

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
people always asking me why I use my GPS when I know where I'm going...

View attachment 46898
Yep. I live in a relatively small college town, but I always use Waze because 2 of the 3 ways I could go to get to wherever are going to be bumper to bumper or have paralytic construction. Hell, yesterday one of my more common routes was closed due to a gas line rupture.