Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

I disagree about zip codes. It's a unique numerical identifier for an area to guard against street name conflicts. I think if anything you should be able to write the zip code and leave the city/state out of it.
Yeah, at my job we arrange a lot of deliveries. Either stuff getting posted out from us or arranging for stuff to be posted to us. The 2 things we absolutely need to arrange delivery are the street number & the post code (UK equivalent to zip code).

Does this person never order anything online? Letters may not be sent as much anymore, but package delivery requires addresses too. ZIP codes are still required to get your stuff, even when using UPS/FedEx/etc for delivery. Until a new universal addressing/routing system replaces it, ZIP codes are far from obsolete.
Post automatically merged:

That said, I think the "death" of ZIP codes is more about the move to electronic correspondence instead of physical.

--Patrick
Or they couldn’t think of anything else that started with ‘z’.

Velcro was supposed to make zippers obsolete, but that didn’t work out so well.

Last edited:
Yeah, at my job we arrange a lot of deliveries. Either stuff getting posted out from us or arranging for stuff to be posted to us. The 2 things we absolutely need to arrange delivery are the street number & the post code (UK equivalent to zip code).
To be fair, UK post codes are ridiculously specific. I regularly have to explain to customers why their shipments are being returned because their postal code is for the right city, and the right street, but the wrong number, so, nope, not a valid address. Great.

This silliness is nigh-obscene.
The plates on cars are what I mean.
The DMV being what it is,
And frowning down on plates like "J177."

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I would eat it here or there.
I would eat it anywhere.
Yes, on a boat.
Yes, while I float.
Yes, in my coat.