Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

A lot of major companies still have cobol systems and I don't think any new systems use it, so its very rare to find young people that know it. I've tried to teach myself it, but man its awful. Theres a reason its obsolete.

Yeah, I guess with time it comes naturally even to non-natives, but at school they made me learn this little thing: "In my nice big flat there's an old round box, with my green Swiss hat and my wooly walking socks" which of course is much easier to remember than the list (it's been like 15 years since I learnt it or used it at all... god I'm getting old).

A lot of major companies still have cobol systems and I don't think any new systems use it, so its very rare to find young people that know it. I've tried to teach myself it, but man its awful. Theres a reason its obsolete.
Man, I should have paid more attention in that class. I actually LIKED cobol. It was one of the few languages I actually understood. I dropped out of Programming after another year, though.

fade

Staff member
It's funny--the code base I'm working on right now is written in a combination of Fortran 77, Fortran 03, C, C++, Python, and Matlab. We added C# bindings for one of the libraries recently, too. It just happens that some languages are far more suited for some parts than others.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's funny--the code base I'm working on right now is written in a combination of Fortran 77, Fortran 03, C, C++, Python, and Matlab. We added C# bindings for one of the libraries recently, too. It just happens that some languages are far more suited for some parts than others.
RAAAR FRANKENCODE ANGRY

It's reminiscent those funny lists you'd get in your email in the early days of the Internet. "Funny things to do in an exam that doesn't matter", or the Evil Overlord List.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wow you can just buy guns at Walmart?
Well, you CAN, but I wouldn't. It's just pump shotguns and bolt action hunting rifles, and not a great selection of either.

Walmart dropped all semi-auto rifles, including the AR-15, last year.