Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Except that's kind of the opposite of Herzog. He's the kind of guy who will endlessly gush about something he loves unapologetically because he understands that true art is something to be loved and shared with others, and that the meaninglessness of life simply means you should fully devote yourself to what you love because you are allowed to do so, not because you are meant to. This is a man who routinely broke into buildings to shoot film when he ether couldn't get a permit or he couldn't accurately fake one.

GasBandit

Staff member
Except that's kind of the opposite of Herzog. He's the kind of guy who will endlessly gush about something he loves unapologetically because he understands that true art is something to be loved and shared with others, and that the meaninglessness of life simply means you should fully devote yourself to what you love because you are allowed to do so, not because you are meant to. This is a man who routinely broke into buildings to shoot film when he ether couldn't get a permit or he couldn't accurately fake one.
Opposite the man, but not so much his roles.

GasBandit

Staff member
The mortgage payments on my house is about 1/3rd what it would cost to rent a similar house in my area, and about 75% of what it would cost to rent a 2 bedroom apartment (my house is 3 bedroom).

But I had to be able to drop $30k up front as a down payment, and show a ~750 credit rating.

ANYWAY BACK TO *FUNNY* PICTURES

I mean, if the rent is more then a monthly payment for buying a flat, why not just buy yourself?
Most people live paycheck to paycheck with little in the way of savings and because of this, bad or no credit. I know several people who have been denied a home lone because the bank viewed them as unable to pay, despite the fact that the payments would have been less than what they're already spending on rent.

Or to put it in funny picture terms

lmibwvdzxe941.jpg

Because that requires a down payment and Z certain amount of capital up front - which can be very hard to save up if you're paying the rent in the mean time.
Point is, if you can afford to pay more rent then that guy pays for the loan, you should be able to get a loan...

I know several people who have been denied a home lone because the bank viewed them as unable to pay, despite the fact that the payments would have been less than what they're already spending on rent.
And that's the actual issue.

It's not the problem of being able to make payments, it's the ability to put a large sum of money down for the privilege of making those payments.

No, the actual issue is that too many of the people who have been able to stockpile "static" wealth actively work to prevent the people beneath them from being able to stockpile any of their own wealth.
But hey I've said that sort of thing plenty times before.

--Patrick
I typed up a lot about this but ended up deleting it because this is supposed to be funny pictures, so I offer this instead: