Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Every single map shows what's wrong with Michigan.
Huh, I thought the longest fingernail guy was from India, but it looks like it was just one hand only, and Ripley bought them from him earlier this year. MI did have a different guy with nails, but he died in 2009. It actually looks like the current record-holder is from...Houston, TX!

Man, you can get a world record in just about anything, can’t you?
...except this (Though it looks like they may have started accepting them again later?).

—Patrick

Last edited:
..Belgian cuisine? Though we do have good food, I doubt it - Americans wouldn't be able to tell it from French.
There are enough hipsters running gastro pubs selling steak frites and telling everyone who walks in that "French Fries are actually Belgian," that I would not be at all surprised to find Belgian food being popular in D.C. All they'll know is fries and sour beer, but they'll know they're Belgian.

Why the hell is Filipino cuisine popular in Alaska?
I already hate the cold in Germany, cant imagine how worse it is for a Filipino in Alaska.

I guess since Alaska has the most veterans, they might have brought their Filipino wives which they met on deployment over in the Philippines.

..Belgian cuisine? Though we do have good food, I doubt it - Americans wouldn't be able to tell it from French.
Well, it's DC. Politicians do like to waffle.

And all the French restaurants probably just rebranded (repatriated?) as Belgian during that whole Freedom Fries farce.

Huh, I thought the longest fingernail guy was from India, but it looks like it was just one hand only, and Ripley bought them from him earlier this year. MI did have a different guy with nails, but he died in 2009. It actually looks like the current record-holder is from...Houston, TX!

Man, you can get a world record in just about anything, can’t you?
...except this (Though it looks like they may have started accepting them again later?).

—Patrick
I'm in the guinness book. Got the certificate and everything.
I was part of the 2007(? I think) official "largest toast of guinness" record. Sure, it's not a record that takes any skill. I just had to show up at the right bar at the right time, sign my name, and raise a pint at the right time. But I'm in the book ;D

I'm in the guinness book. Got the certificate and everything.
I was part of the 2007(? I think) official "largest toast of guinness" record. Sure, it's not a record that takes any skill. I just had to show up at the right bar at the right time, sign my name, and raise a pint at the right time. But I'm in the book ;D
The bar I was at that night did not have a Guinness rep. :(

Why the hell is Filipino cuisine popular in Alaska?
I already hate the cold in Germany, cant imagine how worse it is for a Filipino in Alaska.

I guess since Alaska has the most veterans, they might have brought their Filipino wives which they met on deployment over in the Philippines.
My first thought was Filipino boat crews - on some of our research vessels, the crew was supplied by an outside contractor who primarily employed Filipino sailors. I was told they worked well together and tended to not get wild or stray far from the ship, since most seemed to save all their money and send it home to family. The universities tried hiring within NA (US and Canada), but they didn't get along as much.

My first thought was Filipino boat crews - on some of our research vessels, the crew was supplied by an outside contractor who primarily employed Filipino sailors. I was told they worked well together and tended to not get wild or stray far from the ship, since most seemed to save all their money and send it home to family. The universities tried hiring within NA (US and Canada), but they didn't get along as much.
I was gonna go with military base communities, since there are so many bases in Alaska, but boat crews makes sense too.