Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

GasBandit

Staff member
Man that picture has been around forever.
What really bakes my noodle is the guy taped to the ceiling has a FLAT SCREEN LCD MONITOR in what is plainly ~2001. That guy must have had the richest parents.[DOUBLEPOST=1504631180,1504631165][/DOUBLEPOST]
They're playing CS on CRT monitors... it's at least from the previous millennium...
Almost. Counterstrike came out in 2000.

fade

Staff member
Not only is it flat screen, but at 45 degrees, the picture is still pretty good. For 2000, that was even rarer.

GasBandit

Staff member
Year 1 -Year 1000
Year 1001 - Year 2000

Also, it was 1999: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike_(video_game)

2000 was apparently when it was officially released by Valve... but that wasn't a thing over here, so i had no idea it was that early in it's life-cycle...
November 2000 for the official release... and to have enough teenaged friends owning it enough to make a basement lan party generally would be expected to take a few months. I'm sticking to my guess that that picture was taken in 2001.

Edit - welp, looks like it was taken in the summer of 2002.
https://compete.kotaku.com/15-years-later-heres-why-a-gamer-was-duct-taped-to-a-c-1796679499

fade

Staff member
I started grad school at Texas a&m in 1998. I took a couple of graduate math courses, and all the classrooms in that department had flat screen monitors. That was amazing at the time.

official release... owning it
You guys are weird...

I'm sticking to my guess that that picture was taken in 2001.
The LCD was the biggest clue really.

But i really take offence at using the date Valve took over as the origin of CS. They didn't just pick up a mod no one was playing...

Oh man, pedantry over 2000 not really being the start of the new millennium. That's something only 90s kids will remember.
Hell yeah... none of them millennial posers would have known that.

That last picture in the set is just hilariously bizarre.

*tap tap* "Excuse me, I believe that's my boyfriend you're riding."

And the guy's expression is all like, "Uh, excuse me, do you mind? I'm kinda in the middle of something here."

fade

Staff member
The last two are odd, because the girlfriend made it all the way into the room without them noticing, apparently.

Also it implies she got that close to them before either noticed her.

Edit: it's pretty amazing that fade and I responded to a 9 hour post at the exact same time with the same message, but theee you go.

Also it implies she got that close to them before either noticed her.

Edit: it's pretty amazing that fade and I responded to a 9 hour post at the exact same time with the same message, but theee you go.
Yeah JCM, that's what happens when you leave other accounts logged in in a different tab of your browser.

GasBandit

Staff member
In the wake of a hurricane, sometimes finding gas can be a real pain in the ass.

[DOUBLEPOST=1504733963,1504733548][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, yesterday I saw gas was available, but higher price than usual - about 2.39/gal. Soooo this guy basically expects people to give up some buttsecks for $35.85?