Forum going down for short periods of time today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyo,

Any maintenance scheduled or something? HF's come down 4 times in the past two hours or so, each time for just a few minutes (but it wasn't just me according to downforeveryoneorjustme). Not that it's that terrible, but it cost me a decent-sized reply, dammit. So, just checking :-P

Dave

Staff member
I've sent another message to Arvixe about this. In the last three days we've been down at least 5 times that I know of. Most of the time it's only for a few minutes, but it's like their server keeps cycling.

I'm starting to get annoyed.

Dave

Staff member
Business Class, which is still shared, but very few are on it. A couple of days ago someone decided that they wanted to overtax the CPU and brought the server down. It seems they are still having issues.

Dave

Staff member
Fuck it. I'm going to pull the trigger on getting a dedicated server. But that means I'm going to want to start aggressively marketing us as the hub. But I didn't want to start doing that until we got the front page/look done. So, if I do this will I be able to get a more aggressive timeline from you?

Dave

Staff member
In that case I'm opening a ticket with Arvixe to get us switched to a dedicated. $105 a month.

Dave

Staff member
God damn it. I'm up to $135 a month. There's no cPanel with the basic $105 a month.

But I know why now. I asked because I thought it was weird that I get access to it on my site that I pay $7 a month for when I wouldn't paying $105. Seemed like they were trying to fleece me. Turns out that EVERYONE uses the same cPanel. So if I'm on a server that has 1000 web sites we ALL use the same cPanel and we only see what they have allowed us to see even though every site is in the directory. With the dedicated server we'd be the only ones using the cPanel and since it's a licensing issue they don't defray the cost and spread it out to everyone.

I may very well put up a PayPal link. I really, REALLY don't want to. At all.

October may be the last big money contest for a while.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I'll up my game.

In a coding frenzy right now to hopefully please some peoples.

Edit:
4.98 (8 cpus) (!)

I fail to understand why it is so high.
I mean, there's a lot of SQL requests 'n all that, but it seems excessive?
It's probably not us. We have other people on this server who have caused us issues in the past.

Hey! You don't need to be the only one spending money! I'm not saying you should earn money but come on... many people are having fun here and would be more than happy to contribute to pay part of the costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.